Ollerton, meaning ‘farm among the alders’, is located at the crossroads of the York to London, Worksop to Newark, and Lincoln to Mansfield roads. Because of this, the village was a popular meeting place in medieval times. In 1740, the Savile family quickly established The Hop Pole as a premier coaching in to attract weary travelers. It was so named as hop growing was one of the principal occupations in the fields along the River Maun.
The building is a striking, early Georgian public house situated across from the river’s watermill. It has been Grade II listed since the early 50s so the proprietors are keen to maintain its original look. Great British Lighting manufactured a selection of chandeliers and wall brackets in a Viraggio brass finish and equipped these with custom glass shades.