Lancaster Cathedral, also known as The Cathedral Church of St Peter & St. Thomas More, started life as a mission church in 1798, but was raised to cathedral status in 1924. It was designed by E.G. Paley in the Gothic Revival style of around 1300, and was seen to reflect a bygone era when Catholicism was unsurpassed. The building is Grade II* listed to this day.
When the time came for the church to undergo a large scale reordering, Great British Lighting were very fortunate to be given the opportunity by Francis Roberts Architects in manufacturing the lighting and rood screens. The lighting fixtures throughout the Cathedral were redesigned; the Corona Lucis (‘crown of light’) over the altar is particularly noteworthy and a piece we are extremely proud of. It is made of polished brass with a paint finish in order to match the ornamental metal rood screen below it.