The stately home we know today was built in 1883 on the former grounds of a mansion known as Shooter’s Hill. Originally owned by the Streatfield family, it has since been passed down through various owners and operators. It was used as a training college for missionary priests in Africa, before functioning as a military base during the Second World War. Its most recent role was that of Rossington Hall School from 1948 to 2008; a facility for children requiring special education.
The grounds have been unoccupied since this time and have sadly fallen into a state of disrepair. However, local couple Gary and Michelle Gee have purchased the property and restored the estate to its former Victorian glory with a new use as a hotel and wedding venue. The Edwardian chandeliers were reproduced from our original Messenger & Co catalogue. They have been supplied in a Viraggio brass finish and wired with LED candle lamps.