A Church of England parish in the village of Langley, the church dates from around 1150 and is the largest church in the area. A great many expansions were carried out by the Kedermister family in the 17th Century, including the tower, bells, and in particular the library, which has been maintained in its original state since conception. The church even features an elaborate memorial to the family either side of the sanctuary.
Although the library has stayed in its original form as a mark of respect to the Kedermisters, the rest of the church has benefitted from many expansions and improvements. The nave was enlarged and changed in the 14th century, the tower rebuilt in 1609, and the roof reconstructed as recently as 1983. We have installed new light fittings in the main hall, made to look like the Flemish brass candlesticks of old, but holding new LED candle lamps.