All Saints Church was established in the centre of Wakefield in around 1090. It has been reconstructed and altered at various times since then, but the biggest overhaul came in the 19th Century following many years of neglect and ill care. This restoration, carried out by father and son team George & John Scott, is where the church’s current late medieval appearance comes from. The proprietors wanted to ensure the best of the Cathedral’s fabric is maintained while adapting it to cater for the modern people of Wakefield. The project was 6 years in the making and saw the updating of many old fixtures, as well as 21st century under floor heating and electrical services needed in a modern building.
Great British Lighting created three-tier ‘comper’ style pendants in polished brass with a paint finish, as well as a series of choir stall lights to match. This new lighting scheme reflects the need for a traditional look with a modern functionality as they were specially designed to take new LED lamps.