If fully implemented, the hope of gun-control groups is that it will create a registry of gun owners that they have long sought. To date, about 2,700 Form 4s have been submitted, said Hughes. Unlike paper Form 4 applications, which can take 10-14 months to process, ATF initially set a lofty goal of approval within 90 days for the new eForm 4. In the big tracker thread of the NFA subreddit, approvals are typically happening between 300-330 days. ATF eForm and Form 4 Process - SilencerCo | An Official Journal Of The NRA, X-Vision Optics Launches Thermal Impact Scope | An Official Journal Of The NRA, First Shots: Colt CBX Precision Rifle | An Official Journal Of The NRA, First Look: Blocker Outdoors Finisher Accessories | An Official Journal Of The NRA, Gun Review: Savage Renegauge Security | An Official Journal Of The NRA, Review: Savage Arms 110 Carbon Tactical FDE | An Official Journal Of The NRA, NRA Women | 5 Ways the Ruger LCP Max Fixes Pocket Pistol Problems, Deer Hunt in a Shotgun Only County? The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms (ATF) has scrapped a controversial pilot program that expedited applications to purchase items restricted under the National Firearms Act (NFA), including suppressors and short-barreled rifles. We are Currently experiencing issues with text notifications. If the wait times are going to be a long time, it is what it is and I can accept that. My question is what damn planet did that come from? You dont want dueling or duplicate forms, and if you start over online, youll have to wait until they pull your paper form, which will still take longer, Maddox said. Personalize your experience. In 2016, an executive action by then-President Barack Obama (D), which became ATF Rule 41F, altered the practice of buying NFA items through trusts and legal entities; a legal option many had to utilize because the Chief Law Enforcement Officer (CLEO) for their area would not sign off on such transfers. If a customer believes they have been erroneously denied or is experiencing an extended delay, they may submit a request to the FBI or other appropriate agency that appeals the denial or delayed decision. We are proud to bring our ATF Form 4 & ATF eForm 4 Average Approval Time - NFA Approval Tracker online to help you predict your approval time and the ATF wait times for your application. New Electronic Form 4 Applications Streamline the Suppressor Buying I was put in progress March 25 and just like you still waiting. "A strong body makes the mind strong. How long does it take to approve or disapprove a Federal Firearms 1/27/22 paid . After this article was published, ATF updated the current processing times for paper and electronic Forms on its website. Get proficient on YOUR time. Learn all the important stuff about handgunswith none of the attitude. I may earn a small part of the sale from links to any products or services on this site. Compliance dept at silencer shop sent me contact info. Now, three months later, and 10 months after the eForm 4 first went online, many are still waiting for approval. I have also been waiting for almost 16 months for the first suppressor I purchased November of 2021!!! i have 2 in march 2/22, 2/24 and 2 in late april.. had a 3/3 approved two weeks ago.. NFA subreddit shows someone with a 3/12 was approved today, i agree its painfully slow.. but it stems mostly from the volume, lack of staffing at the atf and the big texas ice storm last year.. SS and CA basically sent in over a months worth of apps in at the same time, Yea, it is a long wait right now. more people buying silencers and then they are probably short staffed before covid. Despite living in a time when private companies can generate complete profiles of a person in just moments, the ATF seems unable to perform the basic task of processing a background check and issuing a tax stamp in any sort of timely fashion. ), and the slowest of us four was 9 months. But as of December 23, 2021, the ATF is now accepting digital Form 4 applications, and that means drastically reduced wait times when buying a silencer. Very frustrating to look online for current wait times and all I see are the ones who have received approval in time frames of 7days to 200 days. First ATF eForms 4 Approved in Less than 90 Days - Orchid LLC Thats getting ridiculous, have you reached out to your representative yet? Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh. Suppressors Form 4 wait time. This is likely due to the internal division of labor in the ATF and the fact that most NFA items transfer on trusts. Be ready to wait. I purchased a SureFire SOCOM762 suppressor on 11/19/2020. The good news is that approval times are almost always faster than an ATF Form 4. We will never sell your information to any third party. They will ask for that as well as your name. Current status since March In Progress. This is only logical because there is no need to manually input information on paper forms, and it is immediately readable. const join_popup = document.querySelector("#gform_submit_button_12"); if(join_popup){ And is there hope that the ATF might actually process applications in a timely fashion someday? SS literally said 'we haven't seen a form4 over 90 days' like 20 times in this sub and I don't even spend that much time on here. NFA WAIT TIME / FORM 3 & 4 APPROVAL TIME FRAMES . guns & There is no reason a law abiding citizen should pay a $200.00 tax stamp and go through the ATF to more protect their hearing. The forms you complete will be all electronic. SilencerShop (@SilencerShop) / Twitter NRA-ILA | New Mexico: Significant Action Expected on Gun Control Bills in Santa Fe on Monday! When I talked to the same shop a few weeks ago, they said that e-forms were very quick in the beginning, but have gone out to about 6 months now. For more information, please visit our blog. But the ATF wait times are generally a few months. This is especially true if the examiner has to contact the applicant to verify or clarify the forms. Here's the short version. No matter which process you choose, paper or eForm, the current wait time for approval is approximately 8-9 months. In December, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) officially launched online. Very frustrating that we have to pay for this, only to wait until ATF and FBI get their act together. I don't think anyone actually updates that thing. One Week to Stop the Wait: Silencer Shop Sees 6-Day eForm Approvals The ATF eForms process officially went live in December of 2021 and since then those who wanted to pick up a suppressor or other Form 4 items have been rapidly putting their forms in the online bin for the ATF to process. Outdoor Hub, LLC (d/b/a Carbon Media Group), 30800 Telegraph Rd, Suite 1921, Bingham Farms, MI 48025 USA. My advice. The new system is already popular. The serialized part is the suppressor, like the action in a bolt rifle is the only part that is of concern to the ATF. The data is comprised of submitted approval times from our gun trust customers, data submitted from our website, and Reddit r/NFA/ Megathreads. Read Less. JW . You can wait 12-14 months if you want. Of states, Alabama posts the quickest approval time (48 days) while Maryland and South Dakota are tied for the longest average wait at 244 days. The "ATF Wait times" site will be your best and worst friend. you a link to reset your password. Brandon Maddox, CEO and owner of Silencer Central, is recognized as a national thought leader on Class 3 firearms. ATF eForms for Suppressors (and other NFA items) will open sometime after December 15, 2021. We have also displayed thisdata to show the average ATF Form 4 approval time by state. Submitting your down payment of 25% allows us to file your transfer paperwork with the ATF while you pay off your balance over the next three months. NFA Wait Times: Form 1 & 4 NFA Wait Times - FFL License Eform form 4 trust Check out the official NFA Tracker report now! 1/27. Been waiting 120 days today, and they say they have seen 6 day approval. If you want to check the updated ATF/current suppressor wait times, click HERE. Watching eForm 4 approval wait times, like : r/NFA You will need to provide your name (or the name of your trust or corporation), the serial number of the suppressor, and the name of the transferor. Call your local representative and have him/her do their job. The wait time is based on how quickly the ATF systems and staff can verify the information on the forms and process background checks. When the updated ATF eForms platform relaunched in January 2022, expectations among FFLs and gun owners were high. I'm at 101 days right now!! Silencer Shop's subreddit, FAQs and how to contact us: https://linktr.ee/silencershop2, Press J to jump to the feed. The Department of Justice has directed ATF to reduce eForm 4 processing times to 90 days, but that goal has yet to be met in any meaningful way. But with the new eForm launching in December 2021, the ATF promised the updated system would be more reliable. Fastest Way to Get a Suppressor - eFile ATF Form 4 - Bayometric Bought mine a little over a year ago, before the electronic system was in place and it took right at 12 months. NFA Transfer Time Tracking NFA Reviews Form 1 Form 4 Tracking Today, the American Suppressor Association Foundation (ASA-F) and Silencer Shop helped file a lawsuit against the State of Illinois, alleging that Illinois' ban on suppressor ownership and possession. . I never heard of ATF e-file for suppressor tax stamps either. My order (and money spent) placed o. Bought/paid November 27, 2021, was switched to eform early Jan 2022, its September 21, 2022, still no can in hand. Subscribe to Pew Pew Tactical's sales and deals email. Form 4 wait time Atf cashed my check may 21 for SBR , still nothing .. HotrRod308 Sergeant. This sure doesn't show on the SilencerShop ATF Wait times. Create an account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations. I looked at it all the time when I was waiting on my suppressor to get approved. The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo. The process for purchasing (and taking home) a suppressor will be largely the same. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, Application to Make and Register a Firearm, Notice of Firearms Manufactured or Imported, Application for Tax-Exempt Transfer of Firearm and Registration to Special Occupational Taxpayer (SOT), Application for Tax Paid Transfer and Registration of Firearm, Application for Tax-Exempt Transfer and Registration of Firearm, Application and Permit for Importation of Firearms, Ammunition and Implements of War, Application/Permit for Temporary Importation of Firearms and Ammunition by Nonimmigrant Aliens, Application for Federal Firearms License (FFL), Application and Permit for Permanent Exportation, Application for Registration of Firearms Acquired by Certain Governmental Entities, Application for Alternate Means of Identification of Firearm(s) (Marking Variance), Application to Transport Interstate or to Temporarily Export Certain National Firearms Act (NFA) Firearms, Application for Explosives License or Permit (FEL/FEP). Perhaps we should have a system that worked with the seller getting paid WHEN the item is delivered. Its been taking 11 months for suppressors and 13 months for SBRs in my personal experience from January 2020 through April 2022 filing by paper. Purchased: 09/10/2021 Update as of July 14 . I'm hoping 6 month wait time. But a paper filed Form 4 has to be manually inputted to check the information, and the information for the transferred item also has to be verified. Yes, suppressors should be removed from the 1934 NFA and made legal in every state, city and county. Paid for unit 1 1/2 weeks ago, e form still not ready to send to Feds, not a good start! Type your email address and well send You can learn more about Bitcoin here. Unlike me he is patient. Right now, expect any form 4 application to take between about 250-370 days to process and an e-filed Form 1 to take about a month. When dealing with the government, NEVER "count your chickens before they hatch". Maddoxs NFA expertise makes him a popular voice for the industry, and he speaks regularly at National Compliance Conferences. ATF eForm 4 Wait Times - Silencer Shop These ATF wait times are based off of recent approvals. The eight prohibited states include California, Delaware, Hawaii, Illinois, Massachusetts, New York, New Jersey, and Rhode Island. Additional Gun Trust / ATF Paperwork Services Menu. Because of the bureaucracy that leads to long delays in acquiring NFA items, many people dont bother with the process. Silencer Shop is currently submitting all applications through ATF eForms. Learn the 3 most popular shooting stances & more. If you are not 100% satisfied with your suppressor after your Form 4 is approved, you may return it to Silencer Shop for afull refund(in the form of a Gift Certificate) of the silencer (minus Tax Stamp) within 90 days of your Form 4 approval date. please share the video please oh god please . Median Wait. They will push it through just so that you stop calling. The good news is that regular citizens eform4s have been taking 70-90ish days to approve which is much better than the year plus the paper forms take. I wouldnt be surprised if you dont get it until February or March. This is consistent with the rest of the industry. Illinois suppressor ban gets legal challenge - Bearing Arms Calling does nothing to speed up the process. The processing time can depend on the filing method (paper vs. e-filing) and if whether or not the form is filed in the name of an individual, corporation, trust, or dealer-to-dealer transfer. Suppressor Wait Times as Short as 2 Days with ATF eForms Unable to save edited data on "My Transfers" page. I also had a 2nd Form 4 that was submitted 2 weeks later than the 1st so I was hoping for the infamous "batch approval". Update as of July 29. My dealer can't access or get in touch with silencer shop. 2023 Silencer Central. Learn why the Omega 300 slays in its category now. Paper forms require manual oversight to ensure accuracy, and if any part of it is illegible or difficult to make out, the processing time will increase. A forum community dedicated to all firearm owners and enthusiasts. The fastest wait time was 6 months (WOW right?! The expected wait time for the ATF eForm and Form 4 process can vary depending on several factors. gear. ATF weekly states the status as pending. Some employees have been great, and some have not. Then call again at the end of your five month wait if you like. To get the status of your transfer from the ATF, call the NFA Branch directly at: (304) 616-4500. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Brandon Maddox, CEO and owner of Silencer Central, is recognized as a national thought leader on Class 3 firearms. The Dead Air Ghost 45M is spooky quiet and provides some of the best performance for your suppressed needs. However, they do reduce the concussive effect and recoil, increase the velocity, and improve accuracy. The last thing you need to do is send a copy of your Form 4 to the local Chief Law Enforcement Official. If you have trouble using a computer or dont have one, we strongly recommend getting help with the process from somebody familiar with digital documents. We already have an account registered for email address