Not to much surprise, fishing in Tampa Bay is nothing short of superb. No, actually there is no parking fee at Weedon Island. Have you fished from any of the ones on our list? Sunken Gardens made our list, as it is one of the best things to do in St. Petersburg, Florida. I agree with you, you definitely need a fair share of luck to catch Permit in the bay. A flats trip includes trout, red drum, flounder, and tarpon, while an offshore trip includes mackerel, cobia, billfish, grouper, mahi-mahi. Snook: Snook are brilliant and hard-fighting fish, making them one of the favorite inshore sport fish among anglers. So if youd like a mixed bag to take home, there are plenty of species swimming around, ready to bite. Did you see my story about how I almost. Anything from threadfins and pinfish to live crab is a good way to go. Best Fishing Spots In St Petersburg Florida. On rainy days, or with the threat of rain, people just dont go out. 12 Best Beaches in St. Petersburg, FL - The Edvocate Florida Fishing Spots Maps with GPS Coordinates | Florida's #1 Fishing But there much better land based spot around. Fishing in St Petersburg is excellent year-round for all types of trips. Its a known fact that inshore fishing in Tampa is easily some of the best youll find in the Sunshine State. Madeira Beach, 14995 Gulf Blvd, Madeira Beach, FL 33708, 727 391 9951 . 01 /02. The Best Best Fishing Spots St Petersburg Fl Ideas. Why St. Pete Has the Best Fishing Spots in Florida Snook are also around throughout the year, with Spring and Summer being peak seasons for a large one. GPS Coordinates: 28.140475549105272 N, -82.22733480400075 W. (entrance). Tarpon season is ending, but fishermen can still get a bite over rocky bottoms. document.getElementById( "ak_js_5" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); You list Weedon as $5 fee, it is actually one of the few places that is free. Best fishing spots? : r/StPetersburgFL - reddit and other attractions. Please mention anything.thanks. 17 Best Things To Do In St Petersburg FL You Shouldn't Miss 17. Oh, and the pier fee covers your fishing license so no worries there! St. Petersburg, Florida is known for its fishing opportunities. Here we have revealed the 12 best fishing spots in Florida by researching visitor reviews. Check out the best fishing spots in St. Petersburg, Florida. Bookmark that page and refer to it later because you should definitely visit this fishing pier if you are in Tampa or St. Petersburg. Aug 31, 2020. This fishing spot is just north of the Gandy Bridge and south of the Highway 275 bridge. Enter the park. You can also find Gag Grouper, Cobia, and Bonnethead Sharks if you want more of a challenge. Cost: Per vehicle $4, plus per adult $4. Just make sure you hide it well in your vehicle because sometimes the rangers will ask you to open your cooler. Its great fishing at this park year-round. Theres so much to target in the preserve, including Redfish, Spotted Seatrout, and Snook, and you can enjoy the beauty and peace of the surrounding nature. We have the best St. Petersburg fishing spots. There are two types of Tarpon in Tampa Bay the residential fish that are available all year and migratory fish that stop by from May to late July. Fish with big live worms or 7.5 plastic worms for the best action. Anywhere you want to go you'll have to deal with a lot of vehicle traffic, a lot of other people fishing, or just no fish at all. . St Petersburg offers an unbeatable lifestyle for those looking to enjoy the best of both city and beach living. You can often see gar, bowfin, bass, tilapia, and other fish in the water even if theyre 7-10 feet deep. Fish Junkie Charters. I want to take my 12 year old son but dont want to look like an idiot. Fishing with a local captain will provide the best chance at a West Coast Slam, hooking Snook, Trout, Red drum, and the silver king all in a single trip. These are 5 of the best places to fish in St. Petersburg and Tampa areas. (maps.google.com) Address: 3500 Pinellas Bayway S, Tierra Verde, Florida 33715. I will share the information with you about fishing near St. Petersburg, Russia (Neva River): THE 5 BEST St. Petersburg Fishing Charters & Tours - Tripadvisor Starting in mid-march, the variety of fish is incredible in the, Freshwater fishing in St Petersburg, Fl, is always good, with the bass biting throughout the year, but the peak season for Florida bass is late November through May. This particular morning was a bit chilly, and the wind ended up being . If youre an honest and fair man, and not the putz that I saw this morning youll private message me and Ill tell you where to return our portion of the funds. -4. St. Pete Beach Reviews | U.S. News Travel These are some lakes with a large number of reviews in Saint Petersburg, FL: Honeymoon Island State Park (360 reviews). We're a 16 Year Verified Seller and Merchant with 100% Positive seller Feedback. There is no better fishing state in the nation, for sure. Its $6 per vehicle to get into the park. And on top of all that, theyre abundant. We have a complete guide on this pier you can see here. Got my Florida fishing license and tackle box. Share your stories in the comment section below. The Gator trout are abundant in the flats, and reef fishing charters are full of action. Right here is where I almost killed my girlfriend with a stringer around her neck when a shark grabbed it. They were everywhere. The town of Homosassa Springs, Florida, is about 1.5 hour's drive from St. Petersburg. Fresco's Waterfront Bistro. Luckily theres plenty of other fish to go for. There are days where we have no lightning and it lightly drizzles or rains a bit and stops for an hour and does it again. Sea trout: St Petersburg has one of the most robust sea trout populations in the state. Fishing in st petersburg fl to best florida the plete updated 2022 spots r stpetersburgfl pete beach charters deep sea and pier shark charter guaranteed sharks everytime 5 ta hot all you need know 15 things do crazy tourist top 3 gulf winds resort tours . They have excellent grouper sandwiches and she-crab soup to die for. Inshore guides will usually show you to an array of fishing grounds, where youll target a variety of species. You turned what was probably a nice guy into a paranoid putz. The local tackle shop offers cheap bait and rental gear. GPS Coordinates: 27.888272 N, -82.637145 W. I lived in some apartments (Lincoln Shores) very close to here so to go fishing was a 2-minute drive (OK, I should have walked, I know) up to park on the side of the road and walk through the trees to fish in idyllic surroundings. In short, it has everything you need. St. Petersburg, Fl is known for its beautiful tropical weather, earning its nickname as the Sunshine City. The area is famous for boating, fishing, golfing, and beachgoing on the famous St. Pete Beach. What are some fishing with a large number of reviews in Saint Petersburg, FL? 5.0Value. Others are looking for a friendly, local vibe. Florida environmentalists want feds to intervene in Skyway Fishing Pier bird snags Dec. 15, 2022 Environment 1,500 pounds of dead fish cleared from St. Pete Beach over weekend as Red Tide . There are numerous productive spots to fish, but some of the top. The beachfront properties here sit among the best hotels in St. Petersburg, FL. This area was protected from most of the waves and harshness of the open water and the small fry were there by the hundreds of thousands. Spanning 65,758 square miles (170,310 km 2), Florida ranks . Winter Fishing Expectations in St. Pete Beach | YACHTFISH St Pete Beach. Just like every time before you go fishing, you should check the current regulations, seasons, and license requirements. The spectacular sunset over the ocean is one of the finest on the Florida Gulf Coast. Please dont! Tarpon is often referred to as the jewel of Pinellas County because it consistently produces high-quality Florida bass for decades. Skyway Fishing Pier State Park says it's home to the "world's longest fishing pier.". We will go over some tips for finding the March Lake Tarpon Fishing https://youtu.be/6MSTs1hC23w Lake Tarpon, a fishing destination tucked away in West Florida just north of Tampa, FL. Fishing in St. Petersburg and Clearwater Florida 4. 1 Causeway Blvd. This is the BEST PLACE TO FISH IN Tampa and St. Petersburg if you want to go to a fishing pier. Captain was taking his daughter out for her birthday that day and wasn't planning on doing a charter that day, but we ended up with more room on the boat, few passengers, and he even took us to some of his favorite fishing spots. Another esteemed member of the inshore prized catches is Snook. North St Pete MLK and Gandy area. Jan 31, 2022. Fishermen from far and wide come here to catch themselves a trophy Silver King, the biggest and feistiest species of the nations inshore waters. Pass . Theres always space and the local crowd is friendly and welcoming. Best Fishing Spots in Tampa | Salty Knots Fishing | Fishing Charter Bella Bravo is an Italian restaurant with delicious wine and American options.Their menu consists of items such as chicken pesto melt and hot Sicilian pizza. honestly permit is extremely hard to catch around Tampa Bay which is almost unheard of. You are not supposed to have alcohol on the pier but nearly everybody brings some anyway. This restaurant has vegan, vegetarian, gluten free options, and is dog friendly. Sunken Gardens. This is another family-friendly fish that even the kids will enjoy catching. Its literally paradise here! OK, I saved it for last. If you dont, you can buy a day-pass from the shop for just $3 per person, which covers you for fishing from the pier itself. As with the Gulf Pier, spring and fall are the best times to fish. Petersburg & tampa surf/shore fishing fort desoto usually known for its beaches, fort desoto is located on st jean key, a key just south of st. Perfect for serious anglers and families . Fish from the 1,000 Gulf Pier, and you can catch big Spanish Mackerel, Sheepshead, Snook, Flounder, Sharks, and so much more. We decide were not going, but dont want to stick our friends with the difference or ruin their trip. He blows a fuse, accuses my friend of trying to get this GPS coordinates. Other popular fish species roaming the flats and beaches that are common catches while onboard inshore fishing charters are jack crevalle, sheepshead, flounder, and sharks. The Sunken Gardens span four acres across St. Pete. You can easily catch small pinfish for bait or buy bait at the bait shop on the pier. Its an excellent time for a fishing trip targeting pelagic giants such as Mahi Mahi, Kingfish, Tuna, and Billfish. I usually went fishing around the Arrowhead Picnic and Fishing Area. Youre welcome to share a few of your spots here in the comments. 12 Best Beaches In St Petersburg Fl 2023 Top Beach Spots. Pier 60 Clearwater Visit a pier and recreational park . St. Petersburg, FL is a town that seems custom-made for amazing fishing. Florida offers some of the best fishing opportunities in the world. "The sunshine skyway is not the best fishing spot in the Bay but it is a very popular one.The South." more. Fort De Sotos water is part of the Tierra Verde community covering five islands and 1136 acres on the open ocean and the Bay, offering various activities, amenities, and entertainment. The park offers 2 fishing piers surrounded by crystal clear water. This is a rather short pier with a good bait shop. The prettiest beach area in St. Petersburg in my opinion. If youre after a relaxed, loved by locals vibe, you cant go wrong with Merry Pier. The $5 is actually for the parking fees for the park itself. Not only that, but you can bring a pillow and sleep in your car or truck anytime you get sleepy. Sardines and Shrimp tend to be effective lure choices. You can catch Snapper, Grouper, Mackeral, Cobia, Tarpon, and, my personal favorite, Shark! Address: 4905 34th Street South #5000, St. Petersburg, FL 33711. I wrote an in-depth guide on the Gulf Fishing Pier here. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Where do we even start with Tampa? What are some highly rated lakes in Saint Petersburg, FL? It seems to be a.Fishing Spots St Pete Beach Fl All About Fishing from www.astylishlittlelady.comHowever, there are hundreds of A Guide to Fort De Soto Fishing | VISIT FLORIDA St Petersburg is also close to some of the top trophy bass fishing lakes on the Florida peninsula, including Lake Tarpon, Winter Haven Chain, Lake Panasoffkee, Tsala Apopka Lake, and Lake Thonotosassa. document.getElementById( "ak_js_9" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Offshore Hustler, Thanks to whoever tried to get the GPS coordinates to this captains fishing spots years ago. Just like the rest of their inshore brethren, you can target them year-round, but the peak months are usually from AprilSeptember. Extending over 400 square miles and [], The Edge of America, as its fondly known by locals, sits on Folly Island, just south of Charleston. As for bait, its best to use live bait before you delve into the wide world of artificial lures. St. Petersburg FL Fishing Reports, Map & Hot Spots Here are the best places in Florida to fish. While traveling to the west December Lake Tarpon Fishing Are you visiting Tampa, FL in the near future? There are as many types of fishing to try out in St. Pete as there are species. Some are much bigger. All Reservations will be for outdoor dining, if you have a preference to sit inside please make a note and we will do our best to accommodate. Fishing in St. Petersburg - Find Spots, Species & Tips - Fishbrain document.getElementById( "ak_js_6" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Replied on August 31, 2020 Well, you can target [], With over 200 species inhabiting its bait-laden waterways, Tampa Bay is rightly revered as the crown jewel among Florida anglers. 7. While on a charter during these months, your chance of hooking a 200-pound tarpon is at its best. COVID Safe Fishing Charters in St. Pete Beach, FL. Dunedin, FL 34698. Some of the top species caught on offshore fishing charters in the Gulf include sharks, sailfish, Mahi Mahi, Wahoo, and blackfin tuna. Summer is peak tarpon season. This pier is so amazing to fish from because your vehicle is right there and you have all of the necessities that you could want within easy reach. Best Fishing Spots in St. Petersburg & Tampa Surf/Shore Fishing. Have people turn in their Apple Watches, digital cameras, etc. St Petersburg, Fl offers easy access to Clearwater, Tampa, and other nearby areas. Shorter excursions will take you up to 20 miles from land, while full day trips can put you on Blackfin Tuna and pelagic species. The only question is, what species are on your to-catch list? Remember that all Tarpon are strictly catch-and-release fish and should be handled with utmost care. A better choice is to bring along a weighted, gold-hook "Sabiki" rig, jig up your own bait while enjoying Fort De Soto fishing and "match the hatch.". These lakes hold numerous panfish such as crappie and. Wow, thanks for letting me know! There's one in St Pete this Tues. May 7: Titusville, Brevard County Government Center - North, Brevard Room (second floor), 518 S. Palm Ave. May 8: St. Petersburg, Fish and Wildlife Research Institute, 100 Eighth Ave. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. . The time of the migration is considered the peak season, when you can find and hook a 200 lb monster on a good day. Hmm. This game fish thrives in St. Pete Beachs warm water since they prefer water temperatures of 75 degrees Fahrenheit and higher. 32 Best & Fun Things To Do In St. Petersburg (Florida) These are great fishing days and I used to wait for them. Fishing is a fantastic pastime, enjoy 5 Tampa FL Fishing Hot Spots. Set on the Pinellas Peninsula and bordered by barrier islands, St. Petersburg, Clearwater and Pinellas County lie in west-central Florida. Summer is also good for the silver king and shark in the shallows inshore. The majority of the piers here offer up gear for rental, but the St. Pete Pier and the Skyway Fishing Pier are two of the most popular. On March 31st, I met with a Salt Strong Plus member named Chris Edwards for an exploration trip to see if we could find some feeding fish in St. Petersburg, FL. Fort De Soto is more than just a beach; its a praised county park with excellent boating opportunities and numerous adventures while onshore. Best Fishing In Florida Visit St Petersburg Clearwater. It is less than a 40-minute drive away and features diamond-white sand, sapphire-blue water . It is built around and named after its most magnificent natural feature - Homosassa Florida Springs. Youll find this coastal city on the Pinellas peninsula, right between the Gulf of Mexico and Tampa Bay. The best lake for bass fishing in St Petersburg is Lake Tarpon. The pier is HUGE. Most of the water is shallow here. They almost always have pinfish, live shrimp, cut bait, frozen squid, and frozen shrimp. We give our friends our share of the cost of the trip and head out. The west coast of Florida offers bottom fishing, flats fishing, and offshore trips. document.getElementById( "ak_js_17" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Whats the best way to get started fishing. 15 Best Things to Do in St Petersburg (FL) - The Crazy Tourist The Best Best Fishing Spots In St Petersburg Fl References Fishing with a local captain will provide the best chance at a West Coast Slam, hooking Snook, Trout, Red drum, and the silver king all in a single trip. Outside billboard promoting Highway Patrol 10:4. You can find Tarpon both before and after the peak, if you prefer to fish in less busy waters. You can launch a kayak so many different places in the park, but Arrowhead is a good place for it if you can drag/carry it for 40 yards. This is like the ultimate fishing, camping, picnic, or beach spot youve ever seen in your life. Some have everything you need in one place. All you have to do is choose a fishing spot depending on what youd like to catch. Skyway Piers: This is one of the biggest and most famous piers in town. Cast your line around underwater structures, flats, and back bays to find the best bite, and dont forget to bring a choice of bait, because Tarpon can be picky eaters sometimes. This city is a paradise for fishermen, offering some of the best angling action in West Florida. Set in the stunning Weedon Island Preserve, this secluded spot is surrounded by mangroves and shallow backwaters. Fishing Kayak Journal: The Best Kayak Fishing Spots in Florida - Vanhunks The nearby tackle shop and concession sells frozen bait and refreshments from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. 11 Best Waterfront Restaurants In St. Petersburg | OpenTable While the above-mentioned species are by far the most sought after ones, the inshore world of St. Pete is incredibly diverse and there are many, many species to choose from. Florida fishing spots maps and GPS Coordinates for the east coast and Gulf coast of Florida. The winter and early spring seasons are the best times for fisherman to go on crappie charters and the best time for bluegill charters is in the summer. We and our partners share information on your use of this website to help improve your experience. St. Pete Beach is a barrier island community just west of St. Petersburg and home to a large swath of award-winning beaches. Best Beaches in St Petersburg, FL. My friend says he doesnt know anything about that and that it links to his phone which is turned off in a car miles away. For more information on planning your own St. Petersburg/Clearwater area freshwater fishing trip, call Visit St. Pete/Clearwater at 877-352-3224 or go to www . There are many unique fishing piers in St. Petersburg, Florida. In the bluewater, look for Blackfin Tuna and Sharks. Salty101.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. St. Petersburg Fishing Charters, Guides, & Trips In Florida For thousands of years, the mainspring at Homosassa has lured both people and animals. Ive fished both coasts of Florida for more than a decade, but Ive been primarily on the West Coast around St. Petersburg. All rights reserved. About a two and a half-hour drive are the famous Lake Toho, and Lake . When I had visitors from up north, Id always bring them here so they could see the best of what Florida had to offer. He offers to turn off the watch and give it to the captain. Boating in St. Petersburg, FL: Everything You Need to Know - Boatsetter Snook prefer warm brackish water and are very easily spooked. Anglers catch loads of 2- and 3-pound peacock bass here. I fish mostly from a Kayak and pier along with wade-fishing and shore fishing but I occasionally will go out on a boat with one of my friends. Before I forget. If youre looking for a no-nonsense fishing pier where you can pick up tips from local anglers as you cast a line, this is just the ticket. The ADA-accessible paths wind through waterfalls, tropical environments, bird habitats . You can also buy fresh fish if you come up dry. These lakes are a further distance but definitely worth the drive to take a fishing trip and experience these famous Florida lakes. But I been fishing land around Tampa Bay area about 26 years. The area is impressive even by Floridian standards, with huge fish right in town and deep waters just a stones throw from the shore. It also has shaded picnic areas and restrooms to let you make a day of it. These are some of the top fishing piers in St. Petersburg, but there are way more out there. Best Fishing Spots Near St. Petersburg, Russia (Neva River - World Because of its proximity to the Gulf of Mexico, there are many saltwater fish that can be caught, such as snapper, grouper, and tarpon. This pier is great for fishing, but its probably even better for people watching or if you have a family and they want to play at the beach, shop, eat, or whatever else while youre fishing on the pier.