By clicking Accept All, you consent to the use of ALL the cookies. In England you can get a bus pass for free travel when you reach the State Pension age. The National Entitlement Card allows disabled and elderly people in Scotland who meet the scheme eligibility criteria to travel for free on the nation's bus networks Young Persons' (Under 22s) Free Bus Travel All young people and children aged 5-21 years can apply for a card to access the Young Persons' (Under 22s) Free Bus Travel Scheme. Click on your local authority below to apply for a new or replacement card, or update your photo. Click on your local authority below to apply for a new or replacement card, or update your photo. Can I use my Saltire Card on trains in Scotland? - Short-Question The discount is generally a third off most rail fares, a third off most advance purchases and 50% off all weekly or monthly tickets. Your National Entitlement Card is your bus pass. You can use it for as many journeys as you want. How to apply Get in touch NEC card travel discounts - The City of Edinburgh Council Only holders of National Entitlement Cards can get concessionary train . Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire County Council Concessionary Scheme, Bedfordshire County Council (Marston Vale line) Concessionary Fares Scheme, Derbyshire County Council Concessionary Scheme, Durham County Council Concessionary Fares Schemes, Greater Manchester Travel Pass and Travel Plus Pass, Hull City Council Disability Rail Card Concessionary Scheme, North East Lincolnshire Council Concessionary Scheme, North Lincolnshire Council Concessionary Fares Scheme, Tamworth Borough Council Concessionary Fares Scheme, National (Scotland) Concessionary Travel for Blind Persons, West Lothian Council Concessionary Scheme. ENTITLEMENT. Can I use my bus pass on the Glasgow airport bus? Ticketing Rail tickets are available to buy online, over the phone and at rail stations. Transport help for older or disabled people - mygov.scot Visit Transport Scotland to find out how to apply. The 60+ Oystercard allows Londoners to travel for free on TfL services from 09:00 weekdays, as well as anytime on weekends and bank holidays. Apply today if you are aged 16-18 or you are a full time volunteer under 26, The Thistle Assistance Card and App was developed to make using public transport easier for older people and those with disabilities or illness, Review of concessionary travel for young people under 26 years of age, Non-bus concessions also delivered on the National Entitlement Card (NEC), How to report concerns about misuse of the Concessionary Travel Scheme for investigation, Travel on rail and subway using your NEC smartcard rather than needing separate smartcards or tickets. Can you use Saltire Card on Edinburgh trams? The eye symbol will be on your card if you are severely sight-impaired (blind) or sight-impaired (partially sighted) and indicates that you are entitled to free Scotland-wide bus travel, free rail travel within Scotland, free travel on the Edinburgh tram route and free ferry travel within Scotland. The Young Scot National Entitlement Card is free to everyone aged 11-25 living in Scotland. * Update on the purchase of Strathclyde Concessionary Travel Scheme Tickets on the Largs-Cumbrae Ferry Route. Transport Scotland, Comhdhail alba home button. Application forms are available from council information offices, libraries, local travel centres or Post Offices depending on where you live in Scotland. Smartcard | LNR | London Northwestern Railway Some cookies used are essential to providing a service, while others help us improve your experience and provide us with insights into how the site is being used. How do I request a replacement NEC when mine is lost or stolen? Visit the National Entitlement Card page and Transport Scotland website for details on eligibility criteria and how to apply. Save Money on Travel - Young Scot . Visit Transport Scotland to find out how to apply. The National Entitlement Card for people who live in Strathclyde has an S next to the council logo to show that person cantravel on the Glasgow Subway and by rail within the Strathclyde scheme area at the relevant concession rates. *Standard fare does not include off-peak discount or any other reductions. Companion travel is charged at half the standard* single or return fare, except in cases where the concession fare is greater than half the standard fare, then the concession fare is charged to the companion also. To only allow the cookies that make the site work, click 'Use essential cookies only.' If you're aged 16-18 or a full-time volunteer under 26 years old, you'll receive a discount on the train by simply presenting your valid Young Scot card when buying your rail ticket at stations, or on-board trains where no ticket issuing facilities are available. Concessions | SPT | Strathclyde Partnership for Transport Only holders of National Entitlement Cards can get concessionary train travel. You may need to go to a hospital or GP appointment, or just a trip into town or visit a friend. *The in-person booth is primarily for first time, disabled, or over 60s applications for those residing in central Glasgow. You can use it to travel in Scotland on almost all local and long distance bus services. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other. You can read more in the Concessionary Rail Scheme Information Sheet. We use cookies to collect anonymous data to help us improve your site browsing You'll get a third off most train fares throughout Great Britain. With a Senior Railcard, anyone aged 60 or over can save a third on standard and first class train fares throughout Great Britain. Can i use my saltire card on scotrail? - zbaagv.bluejeanblues.net What local authority issued your card? The pass is called a National Entitlement Card. Is the National Entitlement Card (NEC) voluntary? You are eligible for a free bus pass if youre aged 60 or over. Transport Scotland, Comhdhail alba home button. This temporary ticket will be charged at 5 times the standard concessionary round trip fare currently applied on the route (i.e. . Transport Scotland aims to make travel as accessible and affordable as possible. Alternatively, if you are unable to complete your application using getyournec.scot, as you do not have a valid photo driving licence or current passport, SPT will accept your application by email or post (due to demand it may take up to four weeks for your application to be processed). Your National Entitlement Card (NEC) can now be used to store tickets for travel across multiple modes of transport and multiple transport operators. National Entitlement Card - Glasgow City Council In Wales you can get a bus pass when you reach 60. If you have a Scottish National Entitlement Card (also known as a Saltire card) issued by the City of Edinburgh Council, you are entitled to free travel on the tram. Why Do Cross Country Runners Have Skinny Legs? Oct 21, 2022 Calculate your VA disability benefits and expected Contact your local authority, or SPT in some areas, to apply or renew, The National Entitlement Card allows disabled and elderly people in Scotland who meet the scheme eligibility criteria to travel for free on the nations bus networks. can you use your national entitlement card on trains. Visit 'Set cookie preferences' to control specific cookies. The National Entitlement Card allows eligible individuals to access free bus travel across Scotland. How to apply? There is a charge for this service, currently 4 for the first mile and 60 pence per mile thereafter. If youre 60 or over and live in a London borough, you can get free travel on our transport services with an Oyster photocard. You can travel for free anywhere in England, including London on local bus services. Depending on the operator, tickets can be loaded onto your NEC smartcard at: Tickets can be paid for with cash, card or contactless. NB: When corresponding with us, please quote your date of birth, address, postcode, and current/most recently issued card number. You cannot use your bus pass on some services, such as premium-fare night buses and city sightseeing buses. To achieve this, we offer concessionary travel for young Scots, disabled travellers, over 60s and ferry passengers. 7 Where can I get free bus travel in Scotland? How do I qualify for a Disabled or Elderly National Entitlement Card and how do I apply? Can I use my Saltire Card on trains in Scotland? What time can I use my over 60 Oyster card? If your card also shows the +1, then your companion can also travel free. These cookies allow us to show relevant adverts to the content you are viewing. If your card shows the 'Young Scot' and 'Pass' Logo and you are aged between 11 and 21, you will be eligible for free bus travel throughout Scotland (if your card has been activated). Other uncategorized cookies are those that are being analyzed and have not been classified into a category as yet. Similar arrangements can be made at your destination station and other stations if you need to change trains. Who is entitled to a free bus pass in England? If your NEC is lost, has been stolen or damaged please request a replacement card by contacting your Council as soon as possible, or please contact SPT if you live within the Strathclyde area. Volunteers use a combination of their own cars or adapted vehicles depending on the local area. Onboard, seating and at the station. Digital Railcards It comes with peel-off stickers which advise the driver of the assistance you may need to make you feel safer and more comfortable. The Young Scot National Entitlement Card (Young Scot NEC) is free of charge to 11 to 25-year-olds (inclusive) living in Scotland. The card also entitles. If you're aged 16, 17 or 18 (or up to 25 years old and a full-time volunteer), and have a Young Scot National Entitlement Card, you can get fantastic discounts on your train travel in Scotland. Holders of National Entitlement Cards for persons aged 60 or over cannot take advantage of the scheme on rail services between 06:00 and 09:00 or between 16:30 and 18:00hrs on weekdays (see exemptions below). Can I use my national entitlement card on ScotRail? TimesMojo is a social question-and-answer website where you can get all the answers to your questions. The National Entitlement Card (NEC) is Scotland's National Smartcard, offering access to many public services across the country. This will give the transport provider more time to meet your needs. Please note that it can take up to 10 working days to receive a new card, so we recommend that you speak with the Lost Property departments of your local transport operators or the Police in the first instance. These cookies ensure basic functionalities and security features of the website, anonymously. You may wish to upgrade your browser. The Subway Smartcard team will then contact you to arrange any outstanding amount to be loaded onto your replacement NEC. Can a person with a disability travel on a bus in Scotland? If you are using Subway Park and Ride please ask at the ticket office. Your cookie preferences have been saved. The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional". If you don't qualify for concessionary travel, or you want to travel by train outside Scotland, you may wish to buy a Disabled Persons Rail Card. Do pensioners get free rail travel in Scotland? You can buy a Disabled Persons Railcard online or at mainline train stations. For more information and how to apply please visit freebus.scot. When you email or phone us to request a replacement card please let us know you had Subway PAYG credit on your NEC. The card gives holders free bus travel in Scotland and, through the Strathclyde Concessionary Travel Scheme, reduced fares on trains and Subway in the Strathclyde area. No symbol (aged 5 to 10) If your card has been activated for travel then you will be eligible for free bus travel throughout Scotland. Full time volunteers between 22 and 26 are entitled to a discount on the bus. Applications for the Young Persons' (Under 22s) Free Bus Travel initiative opened in January for every 5-21-year-old living in Scotland for more than 6 months of the year, via a valid NationalContinue reading What services can I access using my MyFife card? Young Scot National Entitlement Card - 16 to 18 - ScotRail Some of these cookies are essential to make our site work and others help us to improve by giving us some insight into how the site is being used. Free weekend travel in any two consecutive zones and on regional town buses. Find out more about the National Entitlement Card, including where you can use it and how to apply. This includes the following Citylink services N900 Glasgow/Edinburgh between 12.30am and 3.30am. English Concessionary Travel Schemes Scottish Concessionary Travel Schemes The NEC entitles you to free bus travel anywhere in Scotland You can travel for free, at any time, on any local bus service or scheduled long distance coach service. The cookies collect information in a way that does not directly identify anyone. If you hold a Scottish National Entitlement Card, issued by the City of Edinburgh Council, you can travel for free on Edinburgh trams. This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin.