Yes, it's true that TTD is not a competitor with Netfilx, Hulu, etc. But heres the real kicker about this Total Conviction buy… This tiny little internet company is about1/279ththe size of Facebook. Should he be tortured?[1]. So were super excited about the fact that dollars are moving into programmatic advertising, and the way that thats working is in the new apps that youre getting on your Roku or your Apple TV or your Samsung TV, the ones after Amazon and Netflix, like a Hulu or a Sony Crackle or a TBS, all of those have some amount of ads, or at least an ad option. Perhaps best of all, CoreSite has the lowest debt-to-earnings of any of the data center REITs. Simply click here to learn more right now. I have a q about streaming. Cable TVs Ticking Time Bomb Stock (Motley Fool) Exposed! (Or even just a corner where competition is not as fierce yet?) The politics of the man behind "24. Those are the super-voting shares that they created, copying titans like Google and Facebook, which basically ensure that TTDs management team and insiders have full voting control forever, and my quick check of the filings indicates that Jeff Green holds something in the neighborhood of 6.5 million Class B shares, which, when added to his Class A shares, would get you well over $400 million in value, though not quite precisely $429 million with the shares here at $60. 6 min read. [16] In contrast, one of the shows' creators has stated: Most terrorism experts will tell you that the ticking time bomb situation never occurs in real life, or very rarely. Two years from now CBS will double, and CVS (up recently) but nowhere where it will be this time next yearand it goes ex-divd. The consequence is likely to be a long-term increase in violence. It's been a long and arduous process, but the $100 billion oligopoly is finally starting to crumble. 0. Renowned investor Tom Gardner has identified a stock that he thinks resembles Facebook before its IPO. Not sure how you can put down TTD with 1 year high undefined low of 132 vs 800. I dont think you are right on this one. 8 years of stock growth is great and everything, but if you continuously have to raise debt to fund original content then the long term growth strategy isn't looking healthy. And this little company could stand to rake in billions from it. out there and it is very hard to get real news and advice. Cable TV "tickling time bomb" stock promoted by Motley Fool This hidden company has been raking in cash from deals with industry titans … with almost no fanfare from Wall Street. Online Bomb Timer - Online Stopwatch : Don't Look DownOfficial Website:http://www.skylargreymusic.com/home/#!newsLike her on facebook for newest/updated inf. Most importantly, though, these drones are capable of bringing wireless Internet connectivity at broadband capacity directly down to earth. Torturers, and those who authorize torture, could be held to account for excesses. No! Dont give yourself an excuse to sit on the sidelines, saying maybe next time, while David and Toms pick that could be the next grand slam stock whizzes by. Fundamental analysis (though not 100% applicable for a high growth company) shows its overvalued by ~ 550% i.e. For cable and Internet service providers like Comcast, these projects would be a major blow. [1][10] They have expressed grave concern about the way the dramatic force and artificially simple moral answers the ticking bomb thought-experiment seems to offer, have manipulated and distorted the legal and moral perceptions, reasoning and judgment of both the general population and military and law enforcement officials. If their solution is programmatic advertising, I foresee a rebellion. The profit margins in Spotify's core music streaming business are limited, at least for now, since so much of revenue is paid out to the music rights holders -- the music labels, publishers, and song writers. The good news is you can find out the details right now. Here are some cheap ones the come to mind: CVX (the very best), XOM (the next best), MUR, XEC. https://www.stockgumshoe.com/reviews/motley-fool-rule-breakers/fools-the-tiny-black-box-that-could-eliminate-cable-and-cable-tvs-ticking-time-bomb-teasers/https://www.stockgumshoe.com/reviews/motley-fool-rule-breakers/fools-the-tiny-black-box-that-could-eliminate-cable-and-cable-tvs-ticking-time-bomb-teasers/. 334K subscribers in the CanadianInvestor community. Id take that any long term 1 year. Dont you need the fastest possible internet connection to get uninterrupted streaming of a movie or other long program? I wish I had bought it during the dip in April. Its FiOS Internet services use fiber-optic technology to deliver a smoother, faster Internet service. I saw this teaser and wondered if I could figure it out without joining Motley. Links to outside information and information share are welcome, soliciting is forbidden -- Stock Gumshoe cannot serve as an exchange for buying, selling or trading information beyond what you post in your comments for public view. Because Ive just released a new report that explains the ticking time bomb that is threatening to blow-up the cable TV industry. The national debt is $31 trillion when including Social Security's and Medicare's unfunded liabilities. This site and Stock Gumshoe publications and authors do not offer individual financial, investment, medical or other advice. you use social media platforms to pitch it to have the interest of others.Once you get enough hits it may stir things up in the NYSE..Once you have rattled a few feathers you may be flying high soon. CoreSite also trades at a price-to-sales (P/S) ratio of 3.5, while the others trade around 4.5x sales. If you look at the 12-month price forecast from CNN Money the outlook isn't anything special, but The Motley Fool is all about long-term value investing when it comes to their Stock Advisor service so they don't really care too much about the short-term future (although 12 months isn't really that short). 40-year old CEO bets $624,000,000 on 1 stock - USA TODAY The login page will open in a new tab. That bodes well for increases to the $1.40 a share annual payment. Cable TV's "ticking time bomb" is about to explode - USA TODAY The company is a real estate investment trust (REIT) that builds, manages, and leases data center space to companies that do business on the Internet. In fact, Spotify's CFO Barry McCarthy (who was previously Netflix's CFO and plans to retire in January) made the same comparison on the company's third-quarter conference call when he said, "So streaming was toNetflixas podcasting is to Spotify.". In case youre curious, the only clue that really doesnt make sense, on the surface, is the $429 million CEO bet number Jeff Green only holds about $6.8 million worth of the Class A shares. CoreSite isn't the biggest data center REIT out there, but in terms of growth and valuation, CoreSite is the cream of the crop. Therefore, it would be better if there were a regulated procedure through which an interrogator could request a "torture warrant" and that requiring a warrant would establish a paper trail of accountability. And we are confident another meaningful hike is ahead. When that happened I realized that I was paying top dollar for things I didnt need, i.e. Which is why, of course, you have to make your own decision is the underlying growth enough for this richly-valued small cap? Google has already successfully tested the idea by providing connection speeds on par with 3G networks in a small New Zealand town. Your privacy is important to us we will never rent or sell your e-mail or personal information. In that play, the American government has established a protocol of "intensified interrogation" for terrorist suspects which requires participation of the FBI, CIA and the Department of Justice. by a Stock Gumshoe reader. March 01, 2023. ?Michael Jimmy Ray DeLao.i I got no reason to lie ,most people around here got mad cus I was allwase working for them in my Gmail.the data would come in my Gmail I would put in my Gmail an if I make tell the end of the data go on to the next if not red flag it stop and go to next Thay would fix and I would do again.check back 1991 thru 1993 and 2001 thru 2009.agan David called me the motly fool he said hes was going make me a million air.my funds pleas. June 8, 2022 ceo bets $624 million on tv's "ticking time bomb" by across the 21 stocks Tom and David have agreed on, The average return for each stock is an astounding 473%!. That is equivalent to $20.71 per warrant, given one euro was equivalent to 1.135 U.S. dollars on July 1. Their business model may be a house of cards unless someone can tell me why I would watch ads if I dont have to on streaming services? CoreSite Realty Corporation serves telecommunications carriers, content and media entertainment providers, cloud providers, enterprise customers, financial and educational institutions, and government agencies. Others point out that the ticking-bomb torture proponents adopt an extremely short-term view, which impoverishes their consequentialism. I kept my Internet access and just dropped the TV/phone. "[11], Some human rights organizations, professional and academic experts, and military and intelligence leaders have absolutely rejected the idea that torture is ever legal or acceptable, even in a so-called ticking bomb situation. An obvious benefit of this technology is to service Google Maps and Google Earth, but Google has said these satellites could have other purposes, too. 1 Thing Missing From Spotify's Earnings Report. So whats the story? You did well. The Motley Fool has adisclosure policy. CoreSite connects, protects, and ensures the optimal performance and continued operation of mission-critical data and IT infrastructure for enterprises and Internet, private networking, mobility, and cloud service providers. What do you think. Can You Still Buy? Statista estimates that TVs ticking time bomb will set up a $2.2 trillion opportunity by 2021. I did this when the bill for my bundled package rose from $168/month to over $200/month. Yep, Im afraid so this ad is pretty similar to one that the Motley Fool was running around Christmastime, but going by the updated numbers in the ad I can confirm the Thinkolators answer, with more certainty as they were doing back in January, the Motley Fool is teasing The Trade Desk (TTD) as a Gardner brothers total conviction pick. The last bit has really gotten me to question people whos intention is to quiet other people from respectfully sharing the TRUTH about anything, which is my way of saying thanks for reminding me to never assume anything, and dont let the guy in the hat discourage you. Some of the things we know are that it is in the advertising industry and isn't a competitor with Neflix, Hulu, etc., and it's said that most investors have never heard of this company, yet it is one of the rare "ultimate buy alert" stocks that The Motley Fool is recommending. Cable TV's "Ticking Time Bomb" Stock (Motley Fool) - Exposed! Meet Jeff Green -- the founder, CEO, and chairman of The Trade Desk ( TTD 1.77%), a company . You see he is convinced that there is a ticking time bomb at the heart of the TV industry and it could set up a massive opportunity for the company that is smart enough to take advantage. As another commenter said, my bet would also be on Disney. 0,00 . And the average return of these stocks has been 773%, which is pretty darn good (these statistics might be a bit outdated). His record is posted on the site. This happens to be a stock I own as well, I bought some shares last fall after researching it when I looked into an earlier Motley Fool ad, and added to my position more meaningfully last month before earnings. CoreSite estimates it can grow net revenue per square foot by 48% from available capacity and capacity under construction. Given that the 800,000 warrants cost Ek 14.6 million euros, each warrant cost 18.25 euros. And get this.this companys powerful business model has it making money so fast that its CEO basically apologized to shareholders for not being able to reinvest it fast enough. Joe Biden's 'ticking time bomb': Can the White House win the war An example: The Trade Desk now trades for $299 / share up almost 5X from this article. Youre reading a free article with opinions that may differ from The Motley Fools Premium Investing Services. We think CoreSite is good for 25% total returns for the next few years. The "ticking time bomb" stock they're teasing is The Trade Desk (TTD), which is a tech company that provides a software platform allowing real time bidding (RTB) for digital ad buyers. Check out Everything Breaks' 60 second TV commercial, 'Ticking Time Bomb: Blow Up Your Budget' from the Auto & General industry. Wow I absolutely love stockgumshoe and think you are brilliant Travis but this Tom G is an interesting chap and the mere mention of his name made me post for the first time. NuCable: "Company That's About to Kill Cable Television" The Motley Fool has been teasing a company that they call Cable TV's "Ticking Time Bomb", but what is it and is it worth investing in? Programmatic is on the ad buyer end it basically means using more technology and analytics to place ads more beneficially. While Comcast is still fighting for its outdated model, Verizon is looking towards the future. Ticking Time Bomb GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY pick 2 up 1000% the next day then fell to zero later on but a 2000% increase is calculated for these two picks? The price of basic cable has increased 176% since 1995, and cable companies are among the most hated in the world. As the company's founder, Spotify is his creation and life's work. "You are in your own Battle Royale, strapped to a time bomb, and thinking when . This is similar to how Netflix'scontent costs are fixed price deals -- the cost of a given piece of content remains flat regardless of how many people view it or how many subscribers the company has. ceo bets $624 million on tv's "ticking time bomb" Links to outside information and information share are welcome, soliciting is forbidden -- Stock Gumshoe cannot serve as an exchange for buying, selling or trading information beyond what you post in your comments for public view. I'm not loaded. The money I saved by cutting the bundled package allowed me to purchase monthly subscriptions to Netflix and HBO Now and more than pays for my annual Prime membership. Take away the demand for ground-based infrastructure as well, and you're looking at the end of a $100 billion industry. This is particularly acute in fictional exploration of the scenario.[2]. Torture Debate Once Again Hinges on a 'Ticking Time Bomb' They reject the proposition, implicit or explicit, that certain acts of torture are justifiable, even desirable. Hopefully this quick review has provided some value to you. This hidden company has been raking in cash from deals with industry titans with almost no fanfare from Wall Street, The Motley Fool has recommended this stock four times already in the past year, and each time its gone on to crush the market.. Or even more, since its a lot smaller? Published. The version in the novel has the following conditions:[8], In the novel, the hardened terrorist quickly folds under torture and reveals the location of the bombs. What the hell I just got an email today saying to invest in it. Talking Clock Our Talking Clock is great for keeping track of the time! Here are some highlights from the company's recent earnings: Instead of fighting trends, Verizon has openly acknowledged the antiquated model of cable companies. The company will be launching an Internet-based TV service early next year. It's clear Ek made the bet because he's very bullish on the company's prospects and therefore its stock price. The ER needs 30 more nurses to meet the demands of the West Island population, many of whom are . The United Nations Convention against Torture and Other Cruel, Inhuman or Degrading Treatment or Punishment, which was adopted on December 10, 1984, and entered into force on June 26, 1987, explicitly states in Article 2.2 that: No exceptional circumstances whatsoever, whether a state of war or a threat of war, internal political instability or any other public emergency, may be invoked as a justification of torture. I will pay whatever is necessary NOT to see ads. Our internet cable speed is 0.8mbs in our little town in the mountains, which is 30X slower than the nearby town but Netflix Hulu, and Amazon work fairly well. Dershowitz's suggested torture warrants, similar to search warrants, arrest warrants and phone tap warrants, would spell out the limits on the techniques that interrogators may use, and the extent to which they may abridge a suspect's rights. He or she cannot arrive at a successful accounting of consequences. When Mentos and Coke become a ticking time bomb - YouTube Pin on Alt. Money Thus the decision-maker has no grounds for certainty that the value of the lives saved from the ticking bomb will outweigh the value of the lives lost because of the subsequent disorder. The stock is now around $400. Also, we're reader supported. What is the point of this sort of vague, drive-by ad-hominem attack? You have to buy a subscription to their Stock Advisor service first, which is the same sales tactic they used with their #1 Pot Stock teaser (we also exposed this). And the truth is theres still almost 100 million people waiting to cut the cord. question is of the 23,25 what ever it was, how many of these actually lost money? The Villages Is a Boomer's UtopiaAnd Demographic Time Bomb | Vanity Fair You're welcome. I did see an earlier Fool recommendation on TDD and when the stock had its big drop in November, I picked up 100 shares at 51. Okay, so to piece this puzzle together let's go over some of what we know. 0,00 . Please see our privacy policy, terms of use, and affiliate disclosure to learn more. One of the better stock pickers IMO. Learn how your comment data is processed. And over the years theyve made a habit of particularly trumpeting the stocks that both brothers like (Tom tends to be the value guy, David the growth buy, so they refer to these stocks that both of them like as total conviction investments). By clicking any link on this page you are giving your consent for us to set cookies. Share page. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. close panel. Investors pay a lot of attention to this because it is a bet by company insiders who understand the company better than anyone else. CEO Bets $624 Million on TV's "Ticking Time Bomb" By: Stock Gumshoe October 21, 2019 at 16:38 PM EDT Anyone know what Motley Fool is teasing in this ad "CEO Bets $624 Million on TV's "Ticking Time Bomb"? Just wanted to say thanks, because I had so bought into the Fool myth that I hadnt looked into things as well as I mightve. They've actually been teasing this same stock since at least 2018, and maybe earlier. Copy link. and well, ok 2 questions. CoreSite has a PEG ratio of 1.26, while competitor Digital Realty has a PEG of 2.52 and DuPont Fabros has a PEG ratio of 7! Specifically, Google believes these small satellites could spread wireless Internet much in the way Project Loon would. Tom Gardner interviewed The Trade Desk CEO Jeff Green late last year, so you can check out that interview here if you want more background (or more confirmation of the Fools fondness for the stock), and in that interview Green summed up what The Trade Desks mission and business is: our purpose is to actually fund media. It's often a bullish signal when company executives and other. Boucher found in her report that the Lakeshore ER is missing 52 per cent of its full-time staff. Stick with companies that are NOW part of the nations infrastructure. "And I think everyone understands. one question. Companies like Netflix, Amazon, and Google (YouTube included) have all spent the last half-decade chipping away at the foundation of cable. Right now, Verizon is currently trading at around $48 a share, sporting a 52-week low of $45.45 and a 52-week high of $53.66. Learn More. Well, of course they aren't just giving away this information for free. He argued that human nature can lead to unregulated abuse "off the books". It's Drop and Explode: Soda Geyser. Coffee - https://floridamancoffeeco.com/ Merch - https://www.graystillplays.store/ Facebook - https://www.facebook.com. I cut cable in 2014. Spotify Stock Is Soaring This Year: Has the Company Finally Made a Turnaround? But podcasting and the two-sided marketplace are both higher margin businesses. A time bomb (or a timebomb, time-bomb) is a bomb whose detonation is triggered by a timer.The use (or attempted use) of time bombs has been for various purposes including insurance fraud, terrorism, assassination, sabotage and warfare.They are a popular feature in fictional thriller and action films as they offer a way of imparting a dramatic sense of urgency. They must then be able to use this information to form a plan of response which is effective at stopping the planned attack. Heres the teaser pitch that caught the attention of some Gumshoe readers this morning: Not to alarm you but youre about to miss an important and rare event. These 3 No-Brainer Stocks Are Leading the Market This Quarter. We use cookies on this site to enhance your user experience. I dont know the answers with any certainty, which is why its a fairly small position but I like what theyre doing so far, and I like their ambition. They make their recommendations separately and when they both happen, by chance, to land on the same pick well, then this means the stock is likely a pretty good pick. pick one up 1000% the next day then fell to zero later on? Smaller satellites mean lower deployment costs and ultimately a larger network for better connections. That means less of its income has to go to debt service. Something tells me you will never get back to us with your old research. I dont think The Motley Fool really provides much information on them. The price for one share is nearly 900 a person like I can't spend that on one stock So there you have it more confirmation that the Fools are total conviction on The Trade Desk. David asked me to work for him doing data and data checks in my Gmail.back then,so I did for them.tell 1993 I did not talk to David again tell the summer of 2001 wen I asked for the mony Thay owed me for the work I did in my Gmail for them.he asked me too work again for him again data an bata checks.he started someday I would be payed.well I would like my payment back from the ones that lied aboute me and stold my data and stocks,thay lied about me I worked for them.and you say thare here then have them pay me for the years of data bata work I did for them,in 2016 before Tom past on .all kinds of data was should from my phone data belonging to me from them for my job,now some ones at fault.and I wont my pay.david upon leaving had over 180 millon.an Tom Gardner 18 billon.in the green.why was I should from.??? While I may be spending close $140/month now I am actually spending that money on content I really want and things I really use AND Im getting significantly higher connection speeds. When he's not investigating new opportunities and adding to his portfolio, you might find him taking a nature walk or reading a Steven Pressfield novel. [7], The concept was popularized in the 1960s in the novel Les Centurions by Jean Lartguy which is set during the Algerian war. Discussion is geared towards investment opportunities that Canadians have access to, including questions regarding individual companies, ETFs, tax implications, index investing, and more! We don't offer financial advice. the nice thing about roku is I can get stations from around the world in all languages and anything on the internet free that requires no subscription .almost anything. And CoreSite is in a better position to expand. Wealth Daily, Copyright 2023, Angel Publishing LLC. This plan of launching small, low-orbit satellites is exactly where we believe Internet giant Google is now headed. By clicking any link on this page you are giving your consent for us to set cookies. It serves more than 750 customers and has a portfolio that totals more than 2.5 million square feet. And for us, that specifically means that we service the advertisers in the agency. Join our list and we'll let you know when we expose investment teasers for FREE. "Tiny Internet Company" "ticking time-bomb" sound familiar? Anyway thought I would give you my two cents. The "ticking time bomb scenario" is subject of the drama The Dershowitz Protocol by Canadian author Robert Fothergill. Google isn't the only company with this radical idea, either. It was hard to get tv in that location on the air and rather expensive for the services. But by this March, the 29-year-old man from Rhode Island had hit rock bottom. And every good investor knows the big money is made by finding little-known companies with big growth prospects and getting in early. ticking time bomb 46427 GIFs. Most of the Villages is contained within Sumter County . The ticking time bomb scenario is a thought experiment that has been used in the ethics debate over whether interrogational torture can ever be justified.