**Vehicle information will ONLY be given to the person listed on the vehicle's registration or title**. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. But for a company looking for an edge, knowing the right cop can make all the difference. We had a deputy police chief convicted and by my count, eight police officers convicted from everything from taking bribes from towers, to falsifying the damage reports, and taking bribes from the repair shops for doing repairs that were never needed. After latest indictments, DPD aims to remove 'human element' from tow process. No, I dont, Bernard said, adding later, There are crimes, and then there are super crimes. Public service journalism that makes our communities better. 17601 Mound Road Administration; Correspondence; Office of Immigrant Affairs; City Clerk's Office. Access to exclusive sports reporting on your local teams from USA TODAY Sports+ at no additional cost. Our hours of operation and contact numbers are the same. This site makes no claims as to the content, accuracy, timeliness, or completeness of any of the data provided at this site. Weve seen a lot of troubling practices. Victims of auto theft in Detroit will no longer have to pay impound and storage recovery fees as part of an effort to reform police towing operations, Mayor Mike Duggan and Detroit Police Chief James White announced Tuesday. "It's still frustrating because I had high hopes of retrieving my. In-depth coverage of the auto industry and Detroit automakers Ford, GM and FCA. Through innovative crime fighting programs like Cease Fire, Project Green Light, and the new Real Time Crime Center, Detroit has seen sustained reductions in nearly every category of crime. Police Departments Law Enforcement Agencies-Government (313) 267-4639. Then they want people to pay before they can get a court hearing. Instead, the police will seek to use civil forfeiture to transfer ownership of the vehicles to the citya move which dozens of cars have already been subject to, as reported by local ABC affiliate WXYZ. The city dealt with 9,153 auto thefts tows this year, an increase from 6,469 last year, White said. Previously, they could be taken to private lots. All material is the property of the City of Detroit and may only be used with permission. The city's Parking Enforcement Division began towing abandoned vehicles to 6311 Caniff, a police-owned lot.