Ripoff Report | Complaints Reviews Scams Lawsuits Frauds Reported. More than 100 customers now say in an amended suit that they suffered physical injuries like hair loss . Then he realized he had to get another board. I also requested another walk-in-closet and a murphy bed/office room since the consultant was already here. The Rep who measured for the unit was off by 8 inches side to side and 8 inches for the set of 8 cubbies I had installed under my tv. Yes. They do not belong in business. I built a house Wall to Wall, Floor to Ceiling shelving units. Closets by Design will help you design a closet. The supervisors was super rude when I talked to them. The higher boss, it seems explained the process which is " the warehouse can change your design and make smaller cabinets as agreed without asking the customer " . Heriberto, Miami. Annemarie Newbold filed a complaint on . Dont spend much time at the office but will be called in to drive there for things that a simple 5 min phone could solve. This is just the starting range that can spike up to $50,000. Closets by Design Denver was a fun company to work for; flexible hours/days and management really tries to work with you on that. I paid my balance in full in good faith I was not given the service and quality of workmanship that I paid for. The post Closets by Design Lawsuit Claims Fake Discounts Mislead Shoppers appeared first on Top Class Actions. Company website run by crooks outside USA pretending to be in USA to get USA money taking your hard-earned dollars funneling it to the country of Peru, Better Business Bureau of South Florida BBB of South Florida Andre Amaro and the BBB of South Florida are harassing me and my small business! We recently used Closets by Design to re-model the walk-in-closet of our master bedroom. Ripoff Report | closets-by-design complaints, reviews, scams, lawsuits Dont do it they got me too. She sent a few angry text message when I didn't get back to her for a week. Closet were removed and I call another company. Copyright 1997-2023 Ripoff Report. ,Deer Park Long Island ,NY, Closets by Design Products are delivered with Excellent Quality and Workmanship Hamilton New Jersey, Closet World, Closet Dimensions, Closets by design Designer Pay Promise Fraud. big hole in the wall. Wait for it14 3/4". The "designer" came out and I specifically told her I did not want a portion of the closet behind the radiator, and I wanted the panels on the wall. On Wednesday, November 9, 2016, Ms. Maria Blank responded to my residence for a consultation reference several installs. This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback. The installers for that job were awesome. This comment was posted by a verified customer. This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback. I gave them 30 days advanced notice for cancelling order, and they refused, they kept my money. Follow us: INTERNET OFFER: 40+15% Off. So I told her: "So you're a liar, right?" Specifically, plaintiffs claim that the company misleadingly offers 40% and $200 discounts off of reference prices when, according to the complaint, the organizer systems were never sold for the reference prices and the discounted prices were . Working Capital: $25,000 to $50,000. I had it budgeted to pay off in 10 months so to my surprise after 6 months, I received a whopping bill with interest and all. Compare. This company HAS TO BE STOPPED. NO IT WASN'T I had to call everyday for a week to finaYl find out that it was in and could be installed. This is a video about my experience with closet by design. Get Your Closet Anized So Ng For A Trip Is Breeze Wcnc. Lucy was her name. When I reached out to the sales rep, she stated what I said was correct and to call the office backNo Luck and usually I fight situations like this. Over a period of two months, he helped get someone to take a look at the problem and then offered to put a piece of wood between the wall and closet board a very cheap, unprofessional, and a dirty solution to the problem. Closets By Design is a Retail, Commercial & Residential Construction, and Custom Closets company located in Louisville, Kentucky with $518.00 Million in revenue and 803 employees. First of all the the designer gave me design which i agreed and she explained me about the product and showed me sample as well. Annemarie Newbold v. Closets By Design, Inc. et al One of my brackets has since broken and I might have to contact those jerks again for a replacement! Sold us a product they in fact didn't have to fit our closets. Closets By Design Give Essential Worker A Closet Makeover Fcl July 8 Firstcoastnews. This closet is also 8 linear feet and it looks exactly like Figure 1 except we have drawers in Figure 2. that reports on class action lawsuits, class action settlements, So now we waitand wait Desired outcome: When the actual installation date came, the guys got a wrong design the cabinets are actually 3" smaller than the actual design and in contract. When were they planning on informing me of the schedule change or were they hoping I would forget! We need to YELP this company into closure! 40% of employees would recommend working at Closets By Design to a friend and 36% have a positive outlook for the business. They offered to set another date (for me to take off from my job) to return, but I refused, also refused them the additional $600. The dispute has been resolved. There may be more reports for "closets-by-design", For more results perform a general search for "closets-by-design", Showing 1-12 of 12 Found Reports overview. There were so many other spots that we had missed hence we had to get a cleaner to clean the place. The molding on the closet was not ordered and after a month of waiting for a date to add the molding, Lynda my designer advised it was never add to the original order. We have spoken to Lynda who obviously did not comprehend what I want for day one. I re-sent this cancelation, again by E-Mail, still no response. I was given an install date of 10/07/2022. Reviews. She is so friendly and personable. THIS IS A TERRIBLE COMPANY! We are working to get them on the blacklist for the military. So in early 2011, we sought the recommendations and proposals from 3 companies, and chose Closets by Design to renovated the closet. (#22) First AMENDED COMPLAINT against Defendant CBD Franchising, Inc., Closets By Design, Inc. amending Complaint (Attorney Civil Case Opening) #1 , filed by Plaintiff . Closets by Design has, and always will, put customers first, including by offering opportunities to make the cost of custom closet, office, and home organization more affordable. 2K for few planks put-together shabbily! The installers just left leaving me worried about the electrical wires and found out that they broke one of the panels. No materials from this website may be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way. Or just the spots where he bled? Closet By Design - Image of Bathroom and Closet After several more attempts to talk to somebody responsible I finally desisted from my efforts. We stupidity put a 50% deposit down and didn't review their company first, so we can't get that back, but these people will not be receiving ANYMORE money from us! Start by making . The installer was great but you can only work with what you get! This case was filed in U.S. District Courts, California Central District Court. Can't believe I fell for this scam. Just rolled the wires up and shoved them back into the hole in the wall. MasterChef Judges Accused of Sexual Harassment - Eater The installers showed up at 2:30 pm, no big deal; they had no mask on and claimed they didn't need one because they are vaccinated; upon my insistence, they accepted to wear a mask and asked me to provide them with one, no big deal! Once again the measurments were wrong, but these guys had no idea how to fix the sizing mistake so they just through the panel up hiding a mural on my daughter's wall that means a lot to her. Their designer visited our house and came up with designs that we thought that we could live with. If you're looking for someone to help you design the perfect organizational space, check out Closets by Design. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Top Class Actions is a Proud Member of the American Bar Association, Various Trademarks held by their respective owners. Add me. Closets By Design - YouTube I responded: "Do I have to wait for another two months? I tried to work with the company I am pretty easy going. In response to Closet by Design of Orlando, I want to make the necessary reservations and observations so that I can fully demonstrate how this company has no interest in solving the problem caused by the low quality that they are offering to its customers, also I would like to denote the sheer lack of professionalism in this company. Yes, I was going to work for them but decided not. Schedule, freedom, no micromanaging. There has been ZERO response. Closets by Design, Inc. CBD Franchising, Inc. New to ClassAction.org? I paid my balance in full in good faith I was not given the service and quality of workmanship that I paid for. It looks very unprofessional, and there is no fix to this issue despite the fact we spent thousands of dollars! I am sure the manager himself would have done the same if he was in my position. For more results perform a general search for "closets-by-design". 1,342 posts. They are cold from being in the truck, ! Already had one accident where I caught my foot on the loose and curled up piece and fell to the cement injuring my hand and shoulder. Flexi Storage White 3 Shelf 4 Drawer Built In Wardrobe Unit. Im taking them to small claims court for the $587 they scammed me for. Design Your Own Closet with Custom Closets Organizer Systems Customer service, of course, stood behind their employee (whenever that is that I could track them down.) Jul 2015 - Present7 years 6 months. One of the installers then called a friend, not an electrician and asked what to do since he knew he had done something wrong because of no power in the room. 33 reviews of Closets by Design "The designer, working off of handwritten drawings, used white out to make a change to the width of my drawers to make them wider and fit better under a window. My advice - just DON'T do it! He acts like he is doing you, the customer a favor. We design storage systems to completely elevate your home. Lesson Learned! Elizabeth Webster and Alexander Burckle are suing the tour company, Sail Maui, over the incident, which they say occurred in . 30 Closets By Design ideas | closet designs, custom closets - Pinterest 4) Here is the kicker: the installation person hurt himself because he wasnt wearing gloves. The investment for this closet is about $150 per linear foot or $1,200 total. I also had them give me a quote in December and decided I didnt want to do them until the spring. Initial Investment . And when I asked her: "How so? Closets - Design Your Own Closet with Custom Closets Organizer Systems Closets by Design has joined the ranks of retailers that are facing lawsuits filed over the alleged sale of merchandise at fictitious discount prices. Thank goodness my breaker box did its job, or my house could have gone up in flames from their stupidity. However, the installer never asked me for payment nor the information for the card I wanted to use. Desired outcome: How to organize a small closet with lots of clothes - 10 clever tips Dee looked through my closets and sat down at my dining table and spent a good chunk of time designing the closets on the spot. This is totally unacceptable, etc." Beautiful Built in and Walk-in Wardrobe design & Storage Solutions These items and services are offered, according to the Closets by Design lawsuit, at a deep discount from the "original" price. Considering the cost of this service I would expect a better thought out design. Well wouldnt you know it, there price are still the same today!! According to the case, the defendants - Closets by Design, Inc. and CBD Franchising, Inc. - perpetually advertise their home organizer systems for 40 percent or $200 off, which leads customers to believe they are purchasing the items at a steep discount. Closets By Design. They would not remove it or replace it. The manager in the warehouse John, was from the beginning of the process, rude and condescending to me and extremely difficult to work with. (103) Verified Reviews. Waited a long time for a cheap product with subpar installation and awful customer service. I thought this would be a one time screw up. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months. Closets by Design Louisville - Project Photos & Reviews - Houzz And tell me that they had an opening on the19th. document.getElementById( "ak_js_5" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); @2023 Top Class Actions. The Supervisor Mike was supposed to verify if the demo fees were removed as well and he never called me back. When another week or so, two installers arrived with the correct measurements, but with no wall panels! I checked my breaker, and it wouldnt stay on. Well I have emailed the designer several times with the same response, Oh I thought that this problem was fixed weeks ago. The issue was escalated to Ed (VP at the company) who assured us that things would get fixed in the next few weeks. You can then Follow the article above, and get notified immediately when we post updates! Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation and Customer Satisfaction Program. I worked for this company out of the Manassas, VA, office and have nothing but good things to say about them!!! Knut Grevle v Closets By Design, Inc et al | 2:19-CV-03881 | Court Paying for it all. We will continue to offer our high-quality product line with first-class service to customers across the United States and in Canada, Closets By Design states. 2. I wish I would have looked at the reviews about this company before I called them! You all have helped me to not make a very costly decision. If you are considering having a designer come to your home, maybe ask her/him for referrals from clients they have worked with in the past. I said they could take off the PLATE. Why is this company STILL in business? NJ Hamilton location - I am a builder and deal with scheduling every day. No wonder they have alias names. Here's what you can expect to spend to start the business and what ongoing fees the franchisor charges throughout the life of the business. But those expensive pieces are for large spaces with premium designs. We can work with you to remodel what already exists, or remove it entirely and start from scratch. I ordered an Entertainment Center for my Livingroom around the Fireplace. They do not stand behind the products they sell. Corporate Advocacy Program: How to repair your business reputation. This closet was designed and built by Closets By Design, Manassas Va 703 330-8382. RIGHT. I looked through my emails and do not remember getting any emails from Brian and the company knows I have major medical issues and is taking advantage of me. Did this cleaning lady clean your whole house? A second deposit on final design and measurements was provided for $1, 673 on 4-7-21. The lawsuit claims though the defendants have continuously offered 40-percent-off and $200-off coupons on their website since at least 2015, they have never sold their home organizer systems for the reference prices listed in advertising. When you need a customised home storage solution, you can trust our talented team to design, build, and install high quality wardrobes and storage furniture that will look stunning and stand the test of time. On 3-30-21, I met with Designer Tamara Hatefi of Closets by Design from the Whittier, CA office (CLIENT # 168400). Consumers love to do business with someone that can admit mistakes and state how they made improvements. Royalty Fee: 6.8%. I constantly felt like I simply did not have the proper training to measure and design closets for clients. Baby Was Born With Cancer Gene After IVF Error, Lawsuit Says ClassAction.org is a group of online professionals (designers, developers and writers) with years of experience in the legal industry. He did not tape or cap off the wires. I hope this review helps any future customers if they are considering this company. The materials used seem a bit cheap to me (compressed wood fiber with cheap handles and hinges) for and $800 food pantry. 3:19-cv-00077-JKS-KES, in the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California. Erin works primarily on ClassAction.orgs newswire, reporting on cases as they happen. Art you interested in contacting her? I am dealing with the shitstorm right now. A Closet Factory designer will take detailed measurements, finalize your design and confirm the cost of your project. A second deposit on final design and measurements was provided for $1, 673 on 4-7-21. Flexible job. Create your own closet design rendering with Modular Closet's simple design tool. About. First drawers were 15 1/4 ( drawers too big and could barely open and closebut excuse given? BUYER BEWARE! I am on a campaign. He did that but did not use electrical wire, he used scotch tape to tape the wires. You will spend a LOT of time and gas (not reimbursed) and they do not have a CAD system. See some of the pics attached with this review. 15". Based on the pictures that you originally showed me, It is hard to believe that anything other than spot cleaning was necessary. Dozens more customers have joined an ongoing lawsuit against the TikTok-famous brand Olaplex. He broke the wires that were connected to the power block. Closets by Design had the nerve to call me asking for the additional $3.00 I had already given the installers! 40% Off Closets by Design Coupons & Promo Codes - CouponBirds www.closetbydesign.com, I guess this company will have to charge you arm and leg as a customer to effort their "workers" because 3 of their vans were parked at the Chevron gas station at North 7th ave in City of Industry this morning at 8:011 am and yes not pumping gas just hanging around and totally ignoring all other customers that were witting to get gas and I had to wait 11 minutes for a open bay and it wasn't any of them, they saw me taking their pictures but they didn't care. I told them my house was not ready. Don't know why there are so many negative reviews. I had a job done a few months ago and the installer was sent without all the panels he needed. They stuck us with 2 drawer sets. This company is terrible and judging from all the bad reviews I hesitate to move forward with this install. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF. A FRP includes any audio, video or visual representation that states or suggests a specific level or range of actual or potential sales, income, Closets . These 2 units were to be done on the same day. The American musician swapped two vintage Ferraris for a 1970s Maserati, but is now suing the . Sexual harassment allegations against MasterChef's judges have been flying around the Internet all weekend, stemming from a blog post written by ex-season four contestant Marie Porter (she and her . Closets by Design is of course infamous for it Have been lied to from every employee we have come into contact with from the original sales rep (she resigned), to the sales coordinator who took over since the rep resigned and installers. But they call me today, telling me that they can only install the laundry. Full dressing rooms. I called the customer services manager (Jennifer) the next day and her response, in her exact words, to these issues, so, what do you want from us? She was very rude and then never followed up. Share your photos and videos with others to prove the truth of your words. I was a designer for closets by design. SE Aurora, COcompany in DENVER. It wasn't even close to the top of my list of things to get back to urgently. Claim forms are usually not made available to consumers until after a court approved settlement is reached. Being it was only a 6 section walk in, no drawers, the price was $1200. The above mentioned class action lawsuit Newbold vs CbD was voluntarily terminated on around February 5th, 2019. If you don't get all the concepts (which they throw alot of numbers and information at you), your first day of training they will let you go. Supposed to be 15" wide. Flooring sold to me was suppose to be the best quality for a garage floor here in the desert. The bottom line? Closets by Design is the latest retailer to face a lawsuit filed over the alleged sale of merchandise at fictitious discount prices. The purpose of this Privacy Statement is to . I called 2 mths ago, she told me that it would be in October. The flooring installed is curling up and coming apart. We were so nice to them even saying "we know things happen", but after all the RUDE responses and the lack of customer service we finally filed a complaint with the BBB. The best part is that it only took a day to build and even after the fact, they agreed to make some changes because they truly care about customer satisfaction. Closet World, Closet Dimensions, Closets by design Designer Pay Promise Fraud. Unfortunately, we fell for it! We had asked him to wear gloves but he had simply refused. Get A Quote. Colorado. You can get a used car to work for at least 6months at this price. So much so that we are having a "mudroom" cabinet installed soon. Anyways some how i got through the situation with so many frustration and un happiness. The proposed Closets by Design class action lawsuit says that in addition to using misleading information to draw in consumers who were under the impression they were getting a great deal that these actions by the closet company violated California law. I kept calling 3 times a day to see when this room could be done. Closets By . 3rd set brought after 5p today (all appts were on Friday afternoons/evenings but I had to be here from noontime onso lost 5 half days of work!). I took the day off to be there and no one was showing up. I still have not got anything. Closets by Design advertisements and pricing structures fully comply with the law. They gave me the total due on the first unit and the installers started to work on the one unit that they had all the parts for. All the reviews seemed reasonable to me and therefore, has changed my opinion on even considering this company. I advised her what I needed as far as a master closet, laundry room and garage. Closets By Design - Truth in Advertising But the reality is you are luck to cover your gas and car usage costs. Schmidt National Law Group, 9191 Towne Centre Dr, #510 San Diego, CA 92122, (800) 631-5656. topclassactions.com. Closets by Design, CBD Franchising alleged to have misrepresented price Reach out to me I may take them to court. Accordingly, the reference price and the supposed sale based on the reference price are deceptive and misleading to reasonable consumers, the complaint reads. They promise to pay their Designers $2,000- $4,000 a month. On installment day the installer goes over the measurements with me and low and behold, that crazy designer had designed 20 inches of the closet to be directly behind the radiator! Snorkeling Tour Crew Was Told Couple in Water, Dismissed It: Lawsuit Images. Perhaps they have a school to teach how to shaft people of their money. HOW LAME IS THAT? They keep hiding and screwing people over! Own a Franchise. Closets by Design At Closets by Design, we design, build and install custom closets, garage cabinets, home offices, pantries and more. Pros. I am extremely dissatisfied with this company and their resolving of this matter. The priciest system, Laren, offers the most custom and upgrade finishes such as tempered glass-fronted soft-close cabinet doors and soft-close drawers. I would give them a 4-6 week heads up. Not that you would after reading the NUMEROUS posts above! Find top employees, contact details and business statistics at RocketReach. Home - Design Your Own Closet with Custom Closets Organizer Systems To date, I have provided $3, 346 in payments. DON'T DO IT! Not to mention there fictitious sale they suck you in with and the large deposit youll never see again. But the reality is you are luck to cover your gas and car usage costs. Customer service are unprofessional and need training on personnel skills. Even if you've mastered how to build a capsule wardrobe and have minimal amounts of clothing, these expert tips will keep your closet streamlined and functional for everyday use. I am extremely dissatisfied with this company. I think it should be illeagle to promise pay when reality is no pay. THE 40% PLUS ANOTHER 15% ONGOING COUPON IS TOTALLY RIDICULOUS. Closets By Design Mentor Ohio Maxvalues. I called their customer service and she said she'll talk to supervisor but don't believe. Click to enjoy the latest deals and coupons of Closets by Design and save up to 40% when making purchase at checkout. Six months later, still no closet system from Closets By Design in Plymouth, MN and yet, they are offering a 40% off discount for Presidents Day. Closets By Design Lawsuit Says S Are Fake Top Cl Actions.