What can you do for me? He offered to bring me past security so that I could meet her at the gate. NOVA.ie and Radio NOVA is a premium publisher and broadcaster, based in Dublin, Ireland. Small Town Dicks is a podcast about the big-time crime that's happening in Small Town, USA. I didnt even stop at the restroom and I really had to pee, but I was so thrown and flummoxed being out of my element. The Simpsons star Yeardley Smith has married a former detective she met at a . Not that I really have to deal with it, but when we go out and people recognize her, that can lead to some awkward interactions with fans. She also revealed that that Springfield had decided to honour the famous tv show of the same name, with a mural for the shows 25th anniversary. On July 13, Smith's agent verified the news #YeardleySmith #Biographygist #todaynews The Simpsons actress Yeardley Smith is newly married and she and her husband have quite the love story. That was my very nave view of how it all goes down. He said that he would love to come, and then I asked, Where are you staying? Then there was a long pause. CELEBRITY. The Simpsons' Yeardley Smith Marries Fianc Dan Grice - Nova.ie Yeardley Smith is a married woman now! While we were on the way, he said that he could come wait with me at the gate since I had an hour to go until my flight. Oh no. Im waiting downstairs, and after he asked where I had dinner, I told him that I almost asked him to dinner but before he could answer, the woman from the city council comes running around the car and shoves me in the backseat to give me the run of the show. I had a shoe line for about five years that I used to make the shoes in Italy. Then it came time to, you know, shake hands and kiss babies, which I was more than happy to do. "[20], Smith had bulimia when she was a teenager. He texted back, I think youre really interesting, too. At that point, I thought we were done because how are we going to start a relationship being 850 miles away? || The Briefing Room season one is coming out now. In 2011, Smith starred as Ms. Miller in the movie The Chaperone alongside Triple H and Ariel Winter. Im done. Because I'm a person who leaps and then looks, I said, 'Hey, why don't you come down to Los Angeles?' It was a slow day at the airport and as we were walking, we started to chit-chat and the first thing I noticed were her shoes. for [The Simpsons] dates at the Hollywood Bowl. Sometimes it is. Your login session has expired. The Simpsons star Yeardley Smith has married her fianc Dan Grice. Yeardley Smith Voices Lisa Simpson and Grandma Flanders. SMITHA week later, Im in Los Angeles, and Dan texted to say, I really wish youd asked me to dinner, which was so sweet. But she still also finds time to host a hit true crime podcast with her husband 'Detective Dan' [40], In a 1997 interview with The Daily Targum, Smith stated "I am shy, but I have an extroverted persona which I can draw on when I need to," and that she is a "private" actress. We kept texting and then we started to talk on the phone. I said, Oh God. Its about two people who had sworn off setting down yet still found a way to get together. The Simpsons 20th Anniversary Special In 3-D! They soon started dating, spending the first few years of their romance over long-distance, until Grice eventually moved to Los Angeles full time. [10], From 1991 to 1994, alongside The Simpsons, Smith was one of the lead cast members in the sitcom Herman's Head as Louise. Everyone tested beforehand but we told our guests that if they were still nervous about COVID, no hard feelings, stay home. Somebody has to go. They explained the deal the event was on a Monday morning and because there was only one direct flight from L.A. to Eugene, Oregon, across the highway from Springfield, I would have to fly in on Sunday night. Yeardley Smith marries, shares love story with Dan Grice First, both pondered asking the other to dinner, but didn't. When the day finally came, he picked her up at the airport and watched her sign autographs graciously for fans. But he ended up getting a really nice hotel and, unbeknownst to me, broke the bank for the next six months. '"[10] Writer Jay Kogen praised her performance on the show, particularly in the episode "Lisa's Substitute", as able "to move past comedy to something really strong and serious and dramatic". I stuffed him in a box at the Bowl with a bunch of my friends. It never occurred to me to take her bag. Dan and Dave are the heart and soul of this podcast, and were almost 5 years old come August. She met him while he was providing personal security for her during a Simpsons event. Smith "asked about security" before agreeing to do the event "because my vision of it would be me on an apple box with the first person in the front row literally an arm's length away," she told THR. We send big congratulations to Yeardley Smith and her now-husband Dan Grice as they are all set to embark on a new journey in their lives. [37][38] Smith recommended that people of differing political views should be able to work together on gun control, promoting gay rights and environmentalism. I looked around the room at the other detectives, including my twin brother. 'I wanted to chat with him so I sat in the front seat. I love to capture moments through my words. Sometimes it is.". 'The joke is that I really will do anything for my show but I didnt really want to do it,' she told THR. How do you go home and be a father, a mother, a sister, a friend? The joke is that I really will do anything for my show but I didnt really want to do it, Smith said. Dont forget to stay tuned with us for the latest updates from the world of showbiz. [35], In 2018, Smith challenged Republican Ted Cruz after he disparagingly labeled the Democratic Party "the party of Lisa Simpson". All About Deborah Divine, Who Is Nick Sirianni's Wife? He was so in charge without being overbearing in any way, shape or form. The separation was agonizing for me. Real Life Love Story: Lisa Simpson Marries Detective Dan The Simpsons star Yeardley Smith has married her fianc Dan Grice - eight years after the couple first met when Smith was on a promotional visit to Springfield, Oregon and Grice was the local . She was the lead and executive producer of the independent romantic comedy, Waiting For Ophelia, which premiered at the Phoenix Film Festival in April 2009. He admired the way she dealt with fans, and she took to his quiet confidence.. All About Ben Smith-Petersen, Jessica Simpson Reveals How a 'Massive Movie Star' Tried to Seduce Her: 'I Thought I Would Never Share It! Welcome to the home of Small Town Dicks and The Briefing Room! Smith, 74; Raised Standards for Post Obituaries", "Anna Hyatt Huntington Papers An inventory of her papers at Syracuse University", "Theater review; What Do I Want? Nobody can say that we rushed into it. However, she decided to invite him to The Simpsons' Hollywood Bowl shows days later. Advertisement Everything worked out well that day, and I was able to show up right at the gate and be there waiting for her when she walked out. When it was over, I loaded her into my unmarked patrol car. Alongside The Simpsons, Smith appeared in the sitcom Herman's Head as Louise, and had recurring appearances as Marlene on Dharma & Greg and as Penny in two episodes of Dead Like Me. The Simpsons star Yeardley Smith tied the knot with former police detective Dan Grice on Monday, July 11. She had given Grice her phone number, under the illusion he would send a photo of his visit to Signapore. I said, Oh, God. We wanted to honor the victims and be respectful of their families. [2] She later spoke of her regrets of appearing in the latter in her one-woman show More.[16]. We were chatting, and I told him [about Yeardley], that she was really interesting and attractive. I eventually said I would go, and they came back a few days later and said they would assign a plain-clothes detective from the Springfield Police Department. The detective was none other than Dan. Smith was previously married to actor Christopher Grove, whom she wed in 1990. Her name rang a bell but it wasnt until later that morning that I got a printout with her photo. I always play the friend of a friend, never the lead. Yeardley Smith The Simpsons Voice Actress Married Dan Grice Updated On January 29, 2023 On July 11, Yeardley Smith of The Simpsons wed former police detective Dan Grice. Shit, did you think you were going to stay with me? I had to explain, listen, I am divorced again and that was too much for me at that point. Most cartoons want things peppy and cartoony. On June 11, Smith and Grice were married at their Los Angeles home. She currently stars as the voice of Lisa Simpson on the long-running animated television series The Simpsons . Lisa Simpson and meh!: meet the woman who brings the character to life Weve seen it in movies and you always wonder, wouldnt it be great if life was like that? Yeardley Smith Is Married! The Simpsons Star Says 'Something Bigger The weekly podcast features Yeardley Smith and her two good friends, Dan and Dave. [19] Smith has only voiced characters other than Lisa on very rare occasions, with those characters usually being some derivative of Lisa, such as Lisa Bella in "Last Tap Dance in Springfield" and Lisa, Jr. in "Missionary: Impossible" (both from season 11 in 2000). 'Run the World' 's Corbin Reid Marries Fianc on New Year's Eve In a Caribbean Castle! Try these 11 riddles ChatGPT ALMOST aced, The troubled action hero: Tom Sizemore boasted of affairs with Liz Hurley and Paris Hilton (which he had to admit was a lie), attacked his wife actress Maeve Quinian and LA madam Heidi Fleiss - as he battled drink and drugs before his death at 61, Tom Sizemore, 61, dies after aneurysm and stroke: Action star known for Saving Private Ryan, Black Hawk Down and Born on the Fourth of July battled addiction, Are YOU guilty of these gym sins? Yeardley Smith and Dan Grice on their wedding day. GRICE There was an adjustment. "[9][14], Smith enjoys writing and painting. He met her friends, who approved, and Smith spent the next two years-plus making the trip to Oregon every other weekend. Yeardley Smith Net Worth: A Closer Look Into Her Profession Life By the time she was two, she and her family had moved to Washington, D.C., where she was raised. The joke is that I really will do anything for my show, but I didnt really want to do it, said the iconic voice of Lisa Simpson. Dan was advised against it by his twin brother and fellow officer, Dave, who now co-hosts a podcast, Small Town Dicks, with the couple. A lot of people have grown up watching her and sometimes their body starts acting before their mind catches up. SMITH Yes. It was about a 23-minute ride from the airport to the hotel and during that time, I found out if he was married, divorced, had any children or a girlfriend. Thats how the idea for the podcast came up, in late 2016, early 2017. To hear these stories in such granular detail with all the frustrations and how perfectly everything needs to line up in order to achieve justice was really striking. At the time, we lived in the same neighborhood so close I could hit a golf ball to his house. [34] Smith had co-hosted the podcast with actress and long-time friend Zibby Allen until March 2019 when the two filed lawsuits against one another, with Allen accusing Smith of pushing her out of ownership and profit rights from the show. The Simpsons star proves true love will find a way - RTE.ie FINANCE. I get a giggly feeling when I think about it because Dan didnt want to go to this event and I didnt want to go to this event, but something bigger than us was like, No, no, listen, you two are going to meet and its going to work out. [10] However, the following year, she played Connie in Stephen King's Maximum Overdrive (1986), noting it was "truly a dreadful film, but I had a great part in it. Yeardley was initially not interested in the event as she had security concerns since she had been a victim of stalking in the past. The captain said it was Yeardley Smith, Grice said. A Dinosaur's Story. Oh no. A few years ago, when they honored her, I was able to be there and listen to her acceptance speech. Because Im a person who leaps and then looks, I said, Hey, why dont you come down to Los Angeles? for [The Simpsons] dates at the Hollywood Bowl. Yeardley Smith has married a former detective she met at a Springfield event neither of them wanted to go to. detective dan grice springfield, oregon GRICE Shes got one of the biggest hearts that Ive ever encountered. This would involve some editing and revising but wouldn't taint the best parts of More. ", Episode 4.21: "A Few Thongs and A Hawaiian Funeral", This page was last edited on 6 January 2023, at 23:54. The Simpsons star Yeardley Smith gets married years after chance Grice, a Springfield police officer, agreed to provide security for Smith when she was in town for the event, which was the unexpected start to their romance, as revealed byThe Hollywood Reporter. SMITH Meanwhile, the red dress doesnt fit anymore, but its a great dress. It's true, I'm the worst celebrity ever. [5] Her maternal grandfather was art historian A. Hyatt Mayor, and among her great-grandparents were marine biologist and zoologist Alpheus Hyatt and artist and sculptor Harriet Randolph Hyatt Mayor. The 58-year-old actress, who has famously played Lisa Simpson in the animated series since it premiered in 1989, tied the knot with her longtime boyfriend, police detective Dan Grice, last month - eight years after he was hired to protect her as her bodyguard. She wed Christopher Grover in 1990 but divorced him in 1992 after only two years. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Yeardley Smith on 'Small Town Dicks', 'The Simpsons', and podcasts Some people love it. You just have to have faith. Smith was previously married to Daniel Erickson and to actor Christopher Grove, whos appeared in This Is Us and How to Get Away With Murder. There were about 60 people at the ceremony and we ultimately said, listen, we get it, Smith said. It was my favorite wedding yet. On the other hand, Dan wore a classic black tux with a bow tie. He was so in charge without being overbearing in any way, shape or form', After the event was over, he dropped her off at the airport, but she decided to give him her number. SPORT. While comparisons to classic 1992 film The Bodyguard starring Whitney Houston and Kevin Costner are obvious, Smith and. I thanked him for waiting at the gate and told him that I thought he was really interesting. The Simpsons star Yeardley Smith gets married years after - Yahoo! "I thanked him for waiting at the gate and told him that I thought he was really interesting. The Simpsons' Yeardley Smith marries her former security guard years She then got married to Daniel Erickson, but that marriage as well ended in divorce in 2008. It was very important for both of us that Yeardley act as the mediator for Dave and I talking about these cases, along with the other [detective guests] we have on. Grice had agreed to take on the role, as he wanted his married colleagues to spend the weekend with their families. What has it all been like for you? It was supposed to be similar to what they did for Looney Tunes with the Hollywood Bowl orchestra playing the score live underneath the screen, but James L. Brooks said, Oh, no, no, no. She's also a great actress. Yeardley Smith has married a former detective she met at a Springfield event neither of them wanted to go to. Because of Dans line of work, he was able to compartmentalize quite brilliantly. Dan recognized Yeardley from her performances in the 1980s films The Legend of Billie JeanandStephen KingsMaximum Overdrive but he did not know that she was the voice of Lisa Simpson. He sort of chuckled and asked if I had a mother-in-laws house or something, meaning my little guest house. How did the chance meeting come about? It took me a really long time to get my bearings again. NEWS. I'm a travel enthusiast, a movie buff and a cricket fan all wrapped in one. best known as the voice of Lisa Simpson on the iconic animated comedy - tied the knot with Dan Grice last . Im single and I dont have any children; I can do this.. 'Weve seen it in movies and you always wonder, wouldnt it be great if life was like that? Smith starred in and served as executive producer for the independent romantic comedy Waiting For Ophelia, which had its world premiere at the Phoenix Film Festival in April 2009. Email: [emailprotected]. About Small Town Dicks Radio Podcast | True Crime Stories He sort of chuckled and asked if I had a mother-in-laws house or something, meaning my little guest house. Smith revealed this delightful piece of news regarding her recent nuptuals, during an interview with the Hollywood Reporter. On July 13, Smith's representative confirmed the information. Yes, you heard it right. 'Anytime someone said they needed a volunteer, you just knew it probably wouldnt be any fun and quickly, nobody raised their hand,' he recalled. I said, 'Oh, God. They came to me and asked if I would go unveil the mural, but I said no. I looked around the room at the other detectives, including my brother. I love this. There were about 60 people at the ceremony and we ultimately said, listen, we get it," Smith said. Hes so nimble and genuinely lovely that I was getting texts from my friend, Oh my God, hes so great! Dan really held his own and I was very, very impressed, again, that he was just himself. We got engaged in August 2018, and we were engaged for four years. A representative for Smith, who voices Lisa Simpson on the iconic animated FOX comedy, confirmed the wedding details . Shes incredibly generous. I then asked if he wanted to go to dinner that night. [9] As a child, Smith was often teased because of her unusual voice. I suggested a restaurant by her hotel, in the chance that she would end up going to one of the places I suggested. 'Dan didnt want to go to and I didnt want to go but something bigger than us was like, "No, no, listen, you two are going to meet and its going to work out,"' Smith said of the day they met, Smith was previously married to actor Christopher Grove, from 1990 to 1992. Simpsons Actress Yeardley Smith Is Married! - Peoplemag There will be spots for humor, but thats not going to be the focus. The Simpsons voice actor Yeardley Smith has gotten married for a third time, after falling for the security detail who was assigned to protect her in a real-life Bodyguard-style love story, I do! He texted back, 'I think you're really interesting, too,'" she said. Smith, 58, married former police detective Dan Grice on June 11. Thats impressive. (Laughs.) SMITH It was amazing. Yeardley Smith has been the unmistakable voice of Lisa Simpson for almost 750 episodes. 'The Simpsons' Star Yeardley Smith Marries Former Detective Dan Grice Dan and Dave happen to be identical twins who are both veteran detectives. I have nothing but gratitude for the amount of freedom The Simpsons has bought me in my life. As per various reports, at first, Yeardley was not interested in attending the event and the prime reason for that was the security. Reflecting on the first time they met, Dan Grice stated that Yeardley had one of the biggest smiles he had even seen. Posted to Dan Grice, Wedding, Yeardley Smith Photos: Getty Images. They kept in touch via text and Grice met Smith while visiting Los Angeles, while Smith commuted to Oregon to visit him. SMITH Im pretty smooth. She further added, Out of curiosity, I asked about security because my vision of it would be me on an apple box with the first person in the front row literally an arms length away. They allotted a plain-clothed detective from the Springfield Police Department for her security. Smith was previously married to actor Christopher Grove, whom she wed in 1990. I had a terrific time, which I feel like not every bride can say. He arrived at 9 a.m. on a Friday and we had planned to meet for coffee, but they changed my rehearsal time so I couldnt have coffee with him. [2][3] Her mother, Martha Mayor, was a paper conservator for the Freer and Sackler Galleries at the Smithsonian Institution. Writing is my happy space, it has been a great way of putting all my thoughts out and feel liberated. He was able to get past the gate again and while we were waiting, I learned that he played professional baseball for six years. I co-host the #truecrime podcast @smalltowndicks & I host a cooking show: "Oil & Water" on YT & @oilandwaterfood ! "[20], Smith received a Primetime Emmy Award in 1992, but felt it was not worth anything, saying "there's part of me that feels it wasn't even a real Emmy." I didnt know that she happened to be the voice of Lisa Simpson. tied the knot with Dan Grice last month, having first met by chance in 2014. There was just something about Dans quiet confidence. [12] She moved to New York City in 1984 and appeared in the Broadway production of Tom Stoppard's play The Real Thing alongside Jeremy Irons and Glenn Close. Considering how you met, does that ever switch off? That was Dan. "We got engaged in August 2018 and we were engaged for four years. The Hollywood actress spilled the beans on her wedding to the Hollywood Reporter. Tommy McArdle is a digital news writer at PEOPLE covering stories across all of the brand's verticals. Dan, Yeardley said some lovely things about you. While comparisons to classic 1992 film The Bodyguard starring Whitney Houston and Kevin Costner are obvious, Smith and. SMITH I was wearing shoes from my own shoe line. The event was packed and we had the best day. Still, they did, even though neither had been looking for love. [26] However, Smith says "if I had to be associated with one character in fiction, I will always be thrilled that it was Lisa Simpson. 1. You can find out more and change our default settings with Cookies Settings. While comparisons to classic 1992 film The Bodyguard starring Whitney Houston and Kevin Costner are obvious, Smith and Grices love story also features two people who had sworn off settling down.