The truth is that my life was saved. "This is a great place to hold an event. Who am I? This is all quite contrary to the Word of God, and is what is called anti-Christ. Im going through something similar at my job. I am so glad to hear of the insights that you have received from the Holy Spirit pertaining to this program. Also, by their fruits you shall know people. I then took out my bible and began to read until both I and my time was finished. A person could choose Buddha, Allah, Shati, Satan, as well as AA itself. This is why I had thrown away the Blue Book, as well as an Alateen book I had aquired when I was younger. First Unitarian Universalist Church & Center. What followed was the fairly usual experienceit was a strange mlange of Aristotle, St. Francis, diverse archangels with odd names, deceased friendssome in purgatory and others doing nicely, thank you! Baker went on to study at Golden Gate Baptist Seminary and serve at Saddleback as volunteer, staff member, pastor, and elder as Celebrate Recovery grew across denominations and ministry networks. From that point forward, I was actually prohibited from bringing or reading my Bible in the group. My grandfather passed before I was born, so while I did not know him, I was told he was an alcoholic and was involved in AA. Love that has no price tag. As the story goes, Warren replied, Great, Johngo do it! and the program soon launched at Saddleback. In such ways we want them to get sober in any way that works for them so not to affect others. We have all been lied to or deceived on some level or another, however once we know the truth, we are held accountable and can no longer hide under the mercy of the Father while we were in ignorance. I cannot guarantee that it wont be awkward, and you might even lose those you thought were your friends. Subscribers receive full access to the archives. Step Two is a rallying point to sanity. Once they are settled in their new . The Birthright: Salvation and the Role of the Firstborn, Christmas Unwrapped: Why I No Longer Celebrate Christmas, The Deception of the New Age Awakening through DNA, Why I No longer Vaccinate: A Veterans Story. However, unlike negative energy that simply attaches itself and hovers over us like a dark cloud, energetic parasites feed on our energy. Whether you choose a Christian rehab center that uses the Celebrate Recovery program or follow a different approach, you can find the help you need to live a sober life. This was all completely orchestrated by Yah, and He even told me that I was going to be her sponsor before she asked, however I not knowing the truth about AA, or the 12 steps, I was a little confused with the strong caution and hesitation with not only AA, but the 12 steps. B. 1 Timothy 1:3 As I urged you on my departure to Macedonia, you should stay on at Ephesus to instruct certain men not to teach false doctrines. There is simply no way to put into words how I love John and will miss this kind, creative, brilliant and faithful man., Evangelical leader Johnnie Moore, whose family previously belonged to Saddleback Church when living in California, remembered Bakers commitment to saving the lives of the people whom God loves., He became a doctor of hope for those whose lives were caught in vicious cycles of guilt, shame, and failure. Yes, you are correct in that we should never simply believe anyones word at something, and I am not offended if you do not believe my testimony. Yet, this is an occultic practice, which is a form of witchcraft. The Danger of Teaching Information Without Application - Pastors.com Sam, thank you for commenting. If you are a Christian in recovery and currently attending a twelve step program whether it be Alcoholics Anonymous, Celebrate Recovery, Hunger for Healing or any of the other assortment of spin off programs, please take the time to consider the following information. (KJV), 1 John 2:22Who is the liar, if it is not the one who denies that Jesus is the Christ? There is a saying I have heard often, which goes something like this, I also know many who have never even tempted themselves ever again. I had provided her some more truth concerning Rick Warren, but ultimately she did not understand what my purpose was there, and told me that I could not come back to Celebrate Recovery. This is the antichrist, who denies the Father and the Son. I can assure you, that it is not the Holy Spirit. Compromise your own values and integrity to avoid . It's important to realize relapse is more of a process as opposed to a mere lapse in judgment. Our staff is up-to-date and knowledgeable, and we are standing by to help you on your road to recovery. Please check directly with each church to find out if they are running during Covid-19. Barb, thank you for commenting! It may use terms like god, creator, higher power, however, the god and creator that they speak is not that of Jesus/Yeshua. I also would not introduce myself as a recovering alcoholic, but rather a recovered alcoholic, as to speak the former would be a lie against the work of the Holy Spirit in my life (1 Cor 6:9-11). As above, I will be going through steps 1-3, and 12, and directly quoted from CR website: 1 ) We admitted we were powerless over our addictions and compulsive behaviors, that our lives had become unmanageable. I warn you, as I did before, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. Action its keyword. AA was birthed out of what was known as the Oxford Group in the 1930s. According to Step 3, it is like opening a door, however is going in another way other than Yeshua (Joh 10:7), as a person submits to a higher power. I have gone and still go to CR meetings. These first three steps of the 12, undermine the gospel, and allow an individual to accept whatever higher power they choose. When we have the fear of the Lord, we fear less of how others might react, and more on doing what is right before Him. John Baker, Founder of the Christian Support Group Celebrate Recovery When Jesus stated, By their fruit you will know them, (Mat 7:16) He was speaking about wolves who appear to be good through what they do, and what they teach, yet are false. Every meeting, except my last, I was always led to open my Word and read directly from it. The one woman though, who had praised Jesus, wanted me to stay and chat with her for a little while. So before I continue on with my story, I would like to go through some areas of AA. 7Sanctify yourselves therefore, and be ye holy: for I am the LORD(YHWH) your God. Life after the Military does not always make sense. What an amazing God. As they had all turned their backs on Yeshua/Jesus and His Word, they then had no problem turning their back on me. It becomes an addiction because the flesh craves it. Yeshua is still in the healing and deliverance ministry. More insights from your Bible study - Get Started with Logos Bible Software for Free! Roughly in 2014, I was going through some books in our bookshelf, and my eyes came upon the Big Book (Alcoholics Anonymous), and an Alateen book that I had for quite a long time. From my experience and understanding, the reason why many people have a difficult time coming away from these programs/doctrines is because there is a spiritual bond(stronghold) that has taken place and it must be broken. Title: Celebrate Recovery 1 CelebrateRecovery! Both were heavily involved in the occult, and many of the practices that were endorsed in Oxford Group, continued on with the establishment of AA. This immediately goes against the first 2 of the 10 commandments, as it promotes the worship of any or all other gods, and idolatry(Ex 20:3-6). Celebrate Recovery has moved to Community of Hope Church on Thursdays at 6:15PM. Many seem to believe that as long as something appears good, and that someone is helped that it must be of God, when this is simply not true; while He can draw His own creation to Him, in whatever circumstance they are in, this does not mean that it is His perfect will for them to continue on in what they are doing or involved in. Dangers Celebrate Recovery Of [KNPJ4I] - agenti.mi.it To discern good fruit you have to know if the doctrine, character, or practice, aligns with the word of God, and this should be your measuring line. The last thing I want to do is delve deeper into my issues/motivations/whatever. Once you know better, you do better. When a Christian Admits to Opioid Addiction | Christianity Today Celebrate Recovery | Brookwood Church - Simpsonville SC He wanted a specifically Christian addiction recovery group, so with the support of Rick Warren, Celebrate Recovery began as a ministry of Saddleback Church under Bakers leadership in 1990. When I was in rehab, a young girl left AMA and a few people and counselors had no hope for her because she wanted to immerse herself in God and leave what didnt work for her. While I want everyone to come to know Jesus Christ our Lord, it is ultimately their decision. I previously completed step studies and attended CR as a participant. If you chose to eat ten candy bars every day and to never brush your teeth, they would start rotting out. To Christ I conceded the certainty of a great man, not too closely followed by those who claimed Him. I was not her sponsor for too much longer after that, as Father had other plans for me, and later led me to go to a program called Celebrate Recovery. 1 Peter 1:13Therefore prepare your minds for action. His moral teaching-most excellent. Anxiety causes us to waste precious energy dealing with past hurts hiding stuff and fear of being found inept kept me from present Hiding kept me Change can only happen in the present . In Celebrate Recovery, the levels of recovery are far worse. Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, 10Nor thieves, nor covetous. At Saddleback, it became the top outreach ministry, with 70 percent of participants coming from outside the church. Readiness to receive free gift lies in practice of Twelve Steps. Since 2005 we have been to India five times to conduct pastors' conferences and to visit the orphanage we support in Machilipatnam. 70 percent of the people that attend are not church members because they feel that the churches have let them down. Gender-specific Groups meet for issues with anger, co-dependency, chemical addiction food addictions, sexual integrity, survivors of abuse, grief, and life issues. So much in Christianity today is not based on Christ's teachings as much as it's based upon the ideas and theories of mankind. I dont go to CR meetings like I used to but at times I still go. Recovery and Recovery Support | SAMHSA It is for people with hurts, habits and hangups they simply cannot overcome in their own strength. My KJV Bible is all I need in this life plus my brothers and sisters in Christ. for less than $4.25/month. Christian Fellowship Amen brother, you are correct, we cannot be unequally yoked with unbelievers, or mixing light with darkness(2 Cor 6:14). Step 12, not only speaks of New Age enlightenment, but blasphemes the true free gift, that of salvation, as well as the responsibility for a believer to share and take the gospel message to all, not the AA message. 3525 /nph (be sober, unintoxicated) refers to having presence of mind (clear judgment), enabling someone to be temperate (self-controlled). (Pgs 8-9). I confronted her on the involvement of Rick Warren, AAs non biblical stance and that basically she and others are leading people astray and that they should be presenting the gospel of sin, repentance and being set free from bondage. Embarrassed to receive recognition and praise, or gifts. During the past 25 years, some 20,000 churches in the United States have reportedly used CR, with some 2.5 million people having completed the program. Recovery is not a straight road or an easy fix. Celebrate Recovery - Full Color Banners | Banners.com The Dangers of AA(Alcoholics Anonymous) and Celebrate Recovery. His whole purpose of me going there was to gain insight into these areas, help those who He placed across my path, and then expose and confront the lies of it. This tried and proven recovery system uses the traditional methods of issue groups, sponsors, accountability partners, and community to build recovery for those struggling with addictive habits, codependency, childhood hurts, and other life experiences that affect our peace. Even the very symbol that is used on the AA book is very occultic, as seen from the pictures provided. It is based on the actual words of Jesus rather than psychological theory. Christian Fellowship has an active missions program. They literally drain us and leave us feeling fatigued, unmotivated and even depressed. Rom 6:23For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord(BSB), Mark 16:15And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature(KJV), 1 Cor 6:20For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are Gods(KJV). This is evident as you compare each step with the scriptures. However, you can pat yourself on the back for making it . CR is for anyone with a hurt, habit or a hang up. Once I was done with 6-7 weeks of rehab, I went back to my base in Italy, and continued on with a program through the military. Negative and positive thinking. Is Celebrate Recovery a biblically sound program? We cannot trust our experiences and how we feel as a sole measure of something to be good. Celebrate Recovery West Palm - Good News Christian News A. (Pg 5), Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.What can we believe in? However, the cost of sharing the truth with others, is rejection. All rights reserved. Category: Group Celebrate Recovery. Get the most recent headlines and stories from Christianity Today delivered to your inbox daily. Theyre always there to help somebody if theyre struggling. By working and applying these Biblical principles, we begin to grow spiritually. See ya, Baker said. 8,093 talking about this. 20 years ago, Saddleback Church launched Celebrate Recovery with 43 people. Are extremely loyal, remaining in harmful situations too long. Copyright 2002-2023 Got Questions Ministries. How you define any program that has a veneer of righteousness connected to it, should be tested to the Word of God. How to Celebrate in Recovery - Alcohol Rehab Happy are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted. What does the Bible say about addiction. 2) We came to believe that a power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity. The ministry, started at Saddleback Church in the 1990s, announced the news of his death Tuesday (Feb. 23) on social media. Your email address will not be published. The Danger of Teaching Information Without Application By Rick Warren I believe the number one problem with preaching in America is its lack of application. This is why we are told to come out, Be ye separate, Be holy, as He is Holy. After I spoke, the atmosphere was so thick, you could have cut it with a knife. I also believe in the deliverence of it. How can I start a Celebrate Recovery Starting a Celebrate Recovery is an exciting step for your church! To produce good fruit, a practice or program has to be sound in the word of God. I was informed that the lead woman of the group would not be there(the same one who had pulled me aside), and that I would be speaking first when the group began. Two members of that group William(Bill) Wilson, and Dr. Bob Smith came together in 1935 to officially start what is known as AA. To find a group near you go to group finder on our web page:. What is CR? - Celebrate Recovery This is the very definition of deception, to appear one way, but with the intention to do another. SPEAK TO SOMEONE TODAY. 4. Also on the part of forgiveness, we ar encouraged to also forgive God. However, I have a slightly different view. The Celebrate Recovery Bible on Kindle, iBooks and Nook are also approved curriculum. Or what harmony has Christ with Belial, or what has a believer in common with an unbeliever? If so, then I challenge you to put your emotions aside from the program, and dig into the Word. Through much prayer, and acquiring the Fathers will, the Spirit instructed me when I needed to go back, to finish what He had begun in me. The program seems to tip-toe around sin and evil instead of calling it out as such. The desire of alcohol is a lust of the flesh. I take comfort in the thought that as John enters the presence of his Lord, he will hear the words, Great, Johnyou did it!. This is a good read and that is what God has laid in my heart over the years of my addiction and recovery. However, as she began the meeting, she had decided for the other group leader to go first who was sitting to my left. Live customer service hours are Monday-Friday 8AM-5PM CST [email protected] Call Toll Free: 866.419.7446; If you are not familiar with Rick Warren and his apostasy, please check out the below 6 minute video from Good Fight Ministries, that exposes one aspect concerning Rick Warren : I attended CR for a year, and during that time I was instructed by the Spirit to not partake in the worship, as the music and worship came from Saddleback. Ministries of CR - Celebrate Recovery Both alcohol and drugs impair judgment and control of the body. The lead woman was not there, and Yah instructed me where I needed to sit. Safely Celebrating Milestones in Recovery - Pocket Rehab Now in over 35,000 churches. I will also provide links at the very end, that I found helpful while doing my own research, that may help you as well. You made some really good points. Go and see for yourself. I would like to serve Him some other way, in another ministry. Not only that, but these biblical comparisons are verses that are taken completely out of context, and have absolutely nothing to do with what they are trying to fit, it is like trying to fit a square peg into a round holeAnd just as like above, there is no mention of the these addictions being sin, but rather what is called: hangups, habits, and character defects; and of course no mention of repentance either. We must be a willing vessel to share the truth with others, even at the cost of suffering, for if we dont, then we are not picking up our cross. As such, the potential for a relapse to occur is very high. God loves and sent His Son to die for us all. Celebrate Recovery | Southside Baptist Church - southsidefamily.com Baker immediately saw the need to connect the gospel with the recovery program he had gone through. He delivered me completely of alcohol, and a great many of other things. From that point on, I cannot recall all that I spoke, however, I remember the power of the Holy Spirit was so strong, that not only did I literally believe that time was stopped for me to speak, but I could feel all the demons around me being held back and I was engulfed in this protective shell. They didnt attend any program, they just hit their rock bottom which is only decided by the individual suffering addiction. What's Wrong With Inner Healing? | thebereancall.org Truth Over Lies - Pastors.com While I understand that you may feel comfortable at your current church, perhaps the Lord is encouraging you to take a step forward in faith and maturity and be out of your comfort zone. Substitution of A.A. as Higher Power. What does the Bible say about drunkards? About Of Dangers Recovery Celebrate Hi Kellie, Jim, thank you for your comment. (KJV), Leviticus 20:6And the soul that turneth after such as have familiar spirits, and after wizards, to go a whoring after them, I will even set my face against that soul, and will cut him off from among his people. Quoting from my blog: Many seem to believe that as long as something appears good, and that someone is helped that it must be of God, when this is simply not true; while He can draw His own creation to Him, in whatever circumstance they are in, this does not mean that it is His perfect will for them to continue on in what they are doing or involved in. This is why we are warned throughout the NT writings to not be deceived. With the knowledge above, of these steps, how can we then take Scripture to pile over it? Thirty years ago John Baker turned the ruins of his life over to Jesus Christ and God transformed him from a driven businessman with an addiction to alcohol, a failing marriage, and alienated children to a Christ-follower with a passion to help others with their hurts, habits, and hang-ups through the principles of recovery, wrote Kay Warren, cofounder of Saddleback Church and a mental health advocate. 60 Kearney Dr Ajax, Ontario, L1T 4N2 When someone is in AA, it is no different than someone being in Hinduism. 35Take heed therefore that the light which is in thee be not darkness. There were many practices/beliefs that I was led to not partake in. Died: Celebrate Recovery Founder John Baker, Who Shifted E | News Isnt God sovereign? Why do we need 12 steps when the only step our Saviour has told us to do is repent and turn away from sin/evil. All those in A.A. are "recovering" alcoholics, who, according to A.A., never completely recover. I agree with much of what you say about the spiritual aspects of AA. The Dangers of Dishonesty in Recovery - Alcoholics Anonymous Cleveland Perhaps, in learning these truths, God might want you to share this with others; and yes, while you are correct, it might, and probably will offend. Lost faith found in A.A. Elena, yes, thank you. So, I hope that in sharing the truth with people within AA, you are not identifying with this. This is why people become deceived and un-willing to accept that possibility. Things We Are & Things We Are Not | Celebrate Recovery on the Plateau A new state of consciousness and being is received as a free gift. It was still a deep tissue massage, which helped me to relax, and relive my sore muscles, however, I was engaging in a practice that is contrary to biblical practices.