Read more about failed deliveries and messages from "MAILER-DAEMON" or "Mail Delivery Subsystem". Policies vary between broadband providers. Just goes straight to outbox, then tries to send, comes back with a message p05-smtp.mail.me.com As soon as I removed that link all was well again. 13h52. - last edited on Solved: btinternet email server refusing to send outgoing - BT This is going to need looking at by their email support team. 14-07-2019 Last week I phones an advisor with a somewhat similar response. Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community. BT Email: I can't send or receive email | BT Help - BT.com on 20h35, BT Mail | @btinternet.com | Cannot send mail, Re: BT Mail | @btinternet.com | Cannot send mail, Announcements, Guides & Community Updates. Incoming mail works, but unable to send anything. 19h37 23-04-2021 15h31. Those who want to retain the same features once they leave BT can pay for Premium email, which costs 7.50 a month. We can't ditch our broadband we'll lose our email address! It's good (???) We do not allow any commercial relationship to affect our editorial independence. Has anyone else encountered this and found a solution ? Anyone else experienced this and got any suggestions on how to proceed? Choose Send/Receive > Preferences > Work Offline to toggle between offline mode and online mode.You may need to open the message and send it again, or choose Send/Receive.. Something went wrong. 10h59. 26-08-2021 That will mean that when someone emails you at that address, they will receive an automated message saying their email has been forwarded, and explaining that you will be responding in future from the new email address. Maybe gg30340 was right when stating that these things just sort themselves out; maybe my insistence that there was an issue with the servers did initiate an investigation by one of BT's technical staff. My wifes email account on her iPhone 10 is working fine and her settings are identical to those described above on my Samsung phone. I installed Spark on the iMac but it can't login to my btinternet mail account (it can't establish a stable connection) so I cannot test it with another client. Emails to btinternet are blocked - how can we fix this? - BT Broadband The destination account that I am using for tests is another btinternet account (my wife's) - in fact it's a subaccount to my own account. 3) Import all of your contacts from your old account to your new one. Read more about failed deliveries and messages from "MAILER-DAEMON" or "Mail Delivery Subsystem". Unfortunately, it did not work. 23-04-2021 You can link any BT email address to another broadband or Premium email billing account. Welcome to our community forums @IanHill, sorry to hear you're experiencing problems with emails making it through to certain contacts. What does this mean? Reset Mail app Right click on Windows Start > Apps & features > Scroll down and click Mail & Calendar > Click Advanced options > Click Reset > Restart your computer 3. You can do this in bulk to ensure that you don't miss out any important contacts that you have forgotten about. I consistently receive this warning:whenever I try. Not receiving @btinternet email. 10-07-2019 Last Thursday, I stopped receiving email from my @btinternet.com account. If this post helped, please click the Thumbs Up and if it fixed your issue, please click This fixed my problem. Millions of broadband customers are set to see their bills hiked in the coming weeks, many by 14 or even 17 per cent. This amount is subject to change until you make payment. It might be worth changing your SMTP port to see if that helps. You should check that you are complying with this link and if you are you will need to contact the BT Postmaster. I can take the same message and copy it into gmail and send from there and it gets through with no problem. on This amount includes applicable customs duties, taxes, brokerage and other fees. Those who wish to hold on to their email account just have to log in from time to time to keep it active. I've got a "failed delivery message". I am not having any such problems with my iCloud server so I do not think its a snag with Apple Mail. With a significant delay between the timestamp on the two BT ones and the timestamp on the two Plusnet ones. Dave Bradford would love to ditch Virgin Media and get a new broadband provider. 17h33. Thanks I decided to wait and see and this evening emails are sending OK again with the exception of one email that returns a 453 Too many recipients error message - I was trying to send an email to about 50 people on Log in issues. Clicking update it went straight to the SMTP outgoing server where it shows mail.btinternet.com but the port was set to 993, I changed it to 465, entered my IMAP and SMTP passwords again, clicked the tick and got an error message: "Log-in error Unable to add account, server address is not valid". Please check your email settings. There will be times when for various reasons, a receiving system does not respond to a message forwarding request and then the sending system does not retry at the right time / interval. We always endeavour to grade correctly and. I've got a "failed delivery message". Our standard shipping option is via Royal Mail airmail. 16:52 EST 04 Mar 2023 I cannot send even the simplest of messages this morning. 6h21. Oops. If you click on them we may earn a small commission. Outlook.com not sending emails to btinternet email addresses After 6 mos., if selected you will be billed $10.99/mo. I have deleted the account and reinstalled, checked all the settings and named the account with the e mail address. 9h25 Rachel Rickard Straus, Financial Mail On Sunday 3 users liked/thanked this post: 14-07-2019 21h18, I have got my email working again. on For additional information, see the Global Shipping Program, This amount includes applicable customs duties, taxes, brokerage and other fees. Typical script! I have tried from two different user names on my PC and so two different Outlook settings, and from my Windows 10 laptop, none of which are successful. The advice from forum users is to do nothing such as changing passwords or deleting and resetting up accounts as this invariably causes more problems than it solves. BT internet email problem Hi. - edited I just hope Andy_N's observation that "theissue can clear itself after a day or two" proves to be the case. My two contacts on btinternet.com have asked a number of times if I have received their emails, and I haven't. I have tried sending individual messages and simple test messages but nothing works. ), having escalated the issue, within one hour, I was able to send email again from all devices and from all applications. Its been a few days I can't send emails from my Mac & Iphone Mail app; however I recive emails. This will work as long as your old email account is still active. Though any rejection on our side should be returned back to the sender as a bounce. 14h17, on Millions tied to cynical deals face extra charges, so we urge the watchdog to act, Get a better broadband deal! BT are blocking the complete domain which the sender is sending from. You can usually find the option to redirect in the inbox settings of your old email account. Has anyone experienced this problem. 09-07-2019 While members are not getting emails, they do appear as posts on the Google Groups page. At some point during one day a couple of weeks ago, the following issues seem to have started: missing virtually all sent emails from the account on my iPad since the account started, but not my iPhone similarly, logging onto web based email account, using different devices, my iPad, my iPhone, wife's iPad and . 14h00, on Yes they do and they can send successfully to my Metronet email from ipad and PC using a gmail address, I have sent you a pm with the raw text source header from an email sent 13th April which only arrived this morning. Just add one of our bolt-ons, Quick and easy access to your account, services, bills and tools, View and manage your mobile account, tariff and usage. 25-08-2021 - last edited on BT allows former customers to access a basic form of their email account for free. By posting your comment you agree to the house rules, The comments below have not been moderated, By email not sending from iMac iPad is working ok. My email is not sending from my iMac (iCloud). The accounts work on BT Webmail, both to receive and send. 15h24. Using webmail? I can send messages on iPhone and webmail but not via Apple Mail on either of my Macs (MacBookPro and iMac). Virgin Media says that its policy is clearly set out to the customer ahead of their account being closed and they are sent repeated re-minder communications encouraging them to take action before they lose access. Both server names are mai;btinternet.com, both IMAP usernames show my email address; Ive tried entering my IMAP password into both the incoming and outgoing servers and when I click on the tick so show that everything is entered, I get this error message almost immediately: The connection to your email server timed out. captured in an electronic forum and Apple can therefore provide no guarantee as to the efficacy of I have tried sending the simplest of messages, namely a message titled Test and the text Test message. 19-12-2022 P.S. Auto-suggest helps you quickly narrow down your search results by suggesting possible matches as you type. Townman, Gandalf, anneoconnor. Emails from BTInternet.com not being received in Mail We have received reports that emails to btinternet.com email addresses are being blocked. The issue has resolved itself on my MacBookPro (macOS 11.5) but it's still there on the iMac (macOS 10.15). Problems with sending btinternet emails through Apple mail on all devices iPhone, iPad and Mac. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly. I changed "Authentication" to "Password" and clicked on "Save". on 4) Send an email to your main contacts to let them know your new email address. The only thing that they have in common is that the messages were passed around inside the BT mail platform when the sender first sent the email, and then sat for far too long before being delivered to Plusnet. What does this mean? 2 users liked/thanked this post: I typed my email address, password, display name, checked in the Advanced Settings, the incoming server is on port 993, outgoing on 465. Email headers can be found by looking at the email item's properties. Go through and update your details for each one with your new email address. 15h22, on Thanks for the super fast analysis and reply. https://community.bt.com/t5/Email/Problems-connecting-to-POP3-IMAP/td-p/1786726. 15h27, on By Also my husband can now successfully send me emails using his btinternet address from his Ipad that arrive in my mailbox immediately which wasn't working before. Outgoing Mail Server: mail.btinternet.com Port: 465 (this may not be automatically populated on selecting SSL, so you'll need to check) SSL Encryption: Enabled (but not STARTTLS) Authentication: PLAIN Username: your email address including the @btinternet or @btopenworld.com part Password: your btinternet or btopenworld password Having established that I was able to send email from webmail, the agent told me that there were no issue with BT's Servers (or the company who provides this service on their behalf), and the issue was with my device. Copyright 1995-2023 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved. This started suddenly about 5 or 6 weeks ago. https://community.plus.net/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/6640. I know it exists because I can pick it up on ios and via BT Webmail. It is useful Anne that you have posted a similar experience on this topic, for it helps to see if there is a common issue. We shall never know, but fingers are firmly crossed that the service will return to normal. Both accounts are loaded into Mail on the iMac but only mine is on the MacBookPro. Emails being blocked which we send to btinternet.com email addresses, Re: Emails being blocked which we send to btinternet.com email addresses. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. For email, I use Microsoft Outlook (from Microsoft Office, not outlook.com) email on my Samsung S10 phone and on my laptop. . Thank you anyway. 26-08-2021 I then asked them to login to BT webmail and send me another email and that one came through straight away. BT need to deal with this at a high level, NOT an individual user's account. This is exactly the same as my issue - with the 993 / 465 too. on 26-08-2021 15h31. At my age, I just don't have the energy to set up a new email address and tell everyone.'. on I can't send emails from my btinternet account on my iPhone on Maybe that's the issue, although there has been no problem up until yesterday. It's reassuring not to be alone.