Kati Elliott GIA AJP. She then went on to achieve popularity as a TV and radio personality. Karl Pilkington is an English comedian, television presenter, radio producer, and actor. He has also supported campaigns to legalize drugs like cocaine. In the foreword to On the Front Line: The Collected Journalism of Marie Colvin, her sister wrote that she hopes Marie will continue to inspire young women everywhere, as they dream of the difference just one girl can make in the world. She has spent many days and nights in camps or at border crossings. In 2013, she was invited to Aswan, Egypt, to take part in the Nile Project, which represented the regions best musicians, culminating in a concert in Cairo. Aged 10, she lost her mother; her father raped and threatened to kill her. Also a philanthropist, Oliver forgave a medical debt of over $15 million owed by over 9,000 people. With her new husband Tony, they hit the hippie trail and backpacked from the UK to Australia in the early 1970s a wholly different time when Kabul was a must-see, many of Thailands beaches were still undiscovered and Bali had but a few rudimentary hostels. Ben Hillman Craig Rowe Danni Menzies Jasmine Harman Jean Johansson Jonnie Irwin Laura Hamilton He had a successful YouTube series, Chris Harris on Cars, which was later moved to the Top Gear website. Remember it? I was very bold sleeping in the back it wasnt locked anyone could have come in but that helped give me the courage to be out in the wilderness. And Strayed (her made-up, adopted name for herself) is best known for finding her escape in the wilderness hiking along the Pacific Crest Trail which she wrote about in her New York Times bestseller Wild: A Journey from Lost to Found, later turned into the film starring Reese Witherspoon. Creator Julia Bradbury (co-developer) Stars Julia Bradbury Chrissi Bradbury See production, box office & company info Add to Watchlist Episodes 6 Top-rated Fri, Feb 7, 2020 S1.E5 Rhodes and Symi Julia arrives in the Dodecanese, a far-flung group of islands at the gateway between Europe and the East where she visits the medieval capital of Rhodes. Got that covered too. and I say of what?. Which, by the way, she was. Alex Kramer of QVC UK. One of the most popular television interviewers of all time, Frost interviewed eight British prime ministers and seven American presidents in office. During the three-day mission, she racked up more hours solo in space than all American spacemen combined at the time. British historian and author Lucy Worsley is not just a curator at the charity Historic Royal Palaces, but is also a famed TV presenter, popular for her work on series such as A Very British Murder and If Walls Could Talk. Over the course of the voyage, the pair collected more than 6,000 botanical samples from around the world, disembarking the ship in Mauritius the circumstances unclear to continue their botanical studies. Television has become one of the most popular mediums of entertainment and knowledge. The American primatologist was also known as a bully, intimidating her staff, behaving erratically, traits further exacerbated by her hard drinking habits. Martha Kelner (Daily Mail and Mail on Sunday). Barely a days passed (since publishing Wild) that I havent met or received an email from someone whos said to me, I went and did this because of you, I hiked the PCT or another trail,' Strayed says. But the relationship didnt last. Two-time BAFTA-winning naturalist and explorer Steve Backshall soared to fame with the BBC program Deadly 60. Famous for her red blazer and confident tone, Moira was the first black woman that I saw on the television. She has spearheaded Tiffanys support of the virtual-reality film Valens Reef about Indonesias Raja Ampat marine life (where 75 per cent of the planets coral species can be found) and champions the companys ecological commitment, with all the profits from dedicated jewellery lines funding conservation projects. Everyone recognized Attell from his show and the magic was gone. Brian Cox is an English physicist and former musician. Id spent the night in a cave full of bats. Marquis has turned that weirdness into a career as a speaker and writer, recently nominated as National Geographic Adventurer of the Year. Lisa Minot @lisaminot Bio: Travel Editor of The Sun - UK's biggest daily national paper - and quite nice, too Location: T: 51.511165,-.061842 Followers: 21K 5. Join the group and the conversation at facebook.com/groups/womenwhotraveltheworld. John Oliver is a British comedian, political commentator, and TV host whose work in the American talk show,Last Week Tonight with John Oliver, has influenced the US culture, policymaking, and legislation since 2014; the influence has been called the John Oliver effect. 'Transports the reader to another world' Sunday Express Adventurer and TV presenter Alice Morrison takes the reader on three remarkable and inspirational journeys across Morocco, from the Sahara to the Atlas mountains, to reveal the growing challenges faced by our planet. Ooo, the blogger did good. The list includes many familiar and great British female tv presenters such as Nigella Lawson, Sharon Osbourne, Holly Willoughby, Amanda Holden, Zeinab Badawi. Vote for Your Favourite British TV Presenters, (English Broadcaster, Biologist and Natural Historian), (British Adventurer and Television Presenter Best Known for His TV Series Man vs. Wild), (Television Personality, Gourmet, Food Writer), Daughter of Nigel Lawson, former Chancellor of the Exchequer, Nigella Lawson has written several bestselling cookbooks and hosted many culinary shows. Required fields are marked *. Presenter Categories. I speak on behalf of the worlds refugees to say how grateful we are for her incredible dedication.. This 42-year-old Nigerian writer grew up in Surrey, which she describes as a bountiful paradise of Twix bars and TV cartoons and leylandii trees, far removed from the heat and chaos of Nigeria where you see machine guns, tuxedos, army fatigues and evening frocks together at an airport. Her book Looking for Transwonderland: Travels in Nigeria, is a brave first foray into travel literature; Noos father Ken Saro-Wiwa, who campaigned against government corruption, was executed by the military dictatorship of his country in 1995. In fact, for this award-winning 52-year-old photographer, its extraordinary to think she didnt pick up a camera till she was 24. Ive been amazed by how many people have written to me and told me they knew nothing about Nigeria and how I opened their eyes, she says. First rate football reporter. Our TV presenters are all true professionals who have years of experience within the industry, so know how to entice an audience, and they feel more than confident on camera too. Theyve been to 27 countries. Born James in 1926, Morris started his career as a young intelligence officer in Palestine and Italy during World War II and later, as a news journalist, meeting Che Guevara, visiting Hiroshima after the nuclear bomb and reporting on the trial of Adolf Eichmann in Jerusalem. Not like those women I saw in France (he had served in Europe during World War I). View the faces and profiles of CNN Worldwide, including anchors, hosts, reporters, correspondents, analysts, contributors and leadership. The shows premise anonymous comic stays up all night was ruined by the very success of the show. It was documented in National Geographic, then in her book Tracks (which she wrote at the London home of novelist Doris Lessing) and on the big screen, in the Golden Lion-nominated film starring Mia Wasikowska. TV host and automotive journalist Chris Harris is best known as a primary presenter of Top Gear. Feigning to be his male valet, and dressed up in loose-fitting clothes, her chest strapped flat with strips of linen, she and De Commeron set sail on the toile in December 1766. Her background includes stints at the US Mission to the United Nations and working for the Rockefeller Brothers Fund with the goal of making sure Americans travel more. She went off to study at the American University in Cairo and was there when Iraq invaded Kuwait. Rick Steves. Posting on Wednesday Sibanda said, "A Zimbabwean woman who grew up in Mpopoma, the lovely Linda Vilika, has been murdered allegedly by her husband. Vote for Your Favourite British Female TV Presenters 1 Nigella Lawson (Television Personality, Gourmet, Food Writer) 52 34 Birthdate: January 6, 1960 Sun Sign: Capricorn The television presenter Julia Bradbury has announced she has breast cancer, and urged other women to check their breasts and seek help if they notice any changes. [Her] mountain climbing rsum gives me the impression I am just a softie. Catherine Gee was one of the original presenters of the beloved BBC show when it launched in 2002. The five female BBC presenters who appear in the list of top 20 highest paid presenters are Claudia Winkleman, Laura Larverne, Vanessa Feltz, Zoe Ball, and Gabby Logan. Her seven languages, mostly self-taught, helped her research an impressive body of work that includes The Valley of the Assassins, The Hadhramaut, Letters from Syria, Beyond Euphrates, Riding to the Tigris and The Minaret of Djam books that have inspired a generation of travel writers with their evocative descriptions of harems and caravans. Her family fled to Jordan, she joined them, there hobnobbed with royalty and ended up marrying the future king. Ive never found my sex a hinderment; never faced a difficulty which a woman, as well as a man, could not surmount; never felt a fear of danger; never lacked courage to protect myself. Adams helped found the Society of Women Geographers after being refused entry to the men-only Explorers Club despite a lifetime spent on the road. The Guardian ranked her the second-best-dressed person over 50. For over 15 years, his weekday breakfast program,Wake Up to Wogan,drew in millions of listeners. Weather Presenter Becky Mantin Credit: ITV Weather. Women are becoming more adventurous travellers, The surfing holiday for women that changes lives, The world's most influential women travellers, The first woman in space. A former Special Air Service serviceman and honorary lieutenant-colonel, Bear Grylls is best known as an adventurer who does interesting thingsfrom eating goat testicles to drinking elephant dung juicein the TV series Man vs. Wild. Great British Presenters can help! She stated in her autobiography that he had dated Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex. It was a small step towards fuelling a desire for east-west exchange and cross-border adventures. Nyaruach also went public with her life story in War Child, the award-winning documentary focusing on her brothers time as a child soldier. Every teenage schoolgirl worth her salt read Dekkers blog, and she celebrated her feat by eating doughnuts on the Caribbean island of Sint Maarten before deciding against going home, sailing on to Whangarei, New Zealand the port where she had been born (her parents had moored here two years into a seven-year sailing trip, and she spent her first five years at sea). In 2013, Clare was awarded an OBE in 2013 for her services to broadcasting and journalism. Women Who Travel Video SUBSCRIBE AND GET 1 YEAR FOR $21.99 $10 Women Who Travel The Women Who Travel Power List In this inaugural list, we celebrate 30 women paving the way for all. Critically, Lonely Planet carries on the mission that independent travel is easy and doesnt cost a fortune and that has inspired millions to haul on a backpack and head off across the world. Rachel Hatton GIA AJP. I loved that show). Read on for our full list. Aug 2022 - Present8 months. As a result, many of our female presenters are also multilingual, such as SKY sports presenter Orla Chennaoui and BBC news journalist Maryam Moshiri. He was inducted into the Radio Academy Hall of Fame in 2009. Best known for her work on BBC productions like Blue Pete, English television presenter Helen Skelton is also a trained lap dance teacher and an adventurer, who kayaked the entire length of River Amazon to raise fund for Sports Relief 2020. Pilkington is credited with co-founding a TV production company called RiSK Productions. Record-breaking free divers, ground-breaking royalty, and celebrities whose roles extend beyond the big screen. Danny Dyer has been open about his dependency on drugs. He certainly gets credit for the unique locales and the open-mindedness to try new and weird things. I am ready, she affirms. Noo had spent childhood summers in Port Harcourt on the Niger Delta but after this, she didnt return for 10 years (except for his funeral and burial), wanting nothing more to do with the country. An advocate of womens rights, she complained that systems and spacesuits were designed by men for men. People ask me: are you scared? Amanda Holden is an English actress, TV personality, author, and musician. Having started his career as a police constable, Ant Anstead worked his way into pursuing a career as a car builder, which is what he loved doing the most. She is known for co-hosting series like Light Lunch and Mel & Sue. Our directors, Steve andJane, have many years of experience within the presenting industry and have forged close relationships with some of the most well-known corporate presenters and TV broadcasters on the circuit both here in the UK and overseas. I am an Arab through and through, says the queen consort of Jordan, but I am also one who speaks the international language. Palestinian by nationality, Rania was born in Kuwait, spent her summers visiting relatives in the West Bank, spoke Arabic at home and English at school. In July 1937, she vanished over the Pacific. Rachel followed in her dad Paul Burden's footsteps . At Great British Presenters, we work with the most professional female presenters and TV broadcasters in the country, to ensure that we can provide you with the perfect fit for your presentation, conference, or event. Suzannah Lipscomb Actress | Witchcraft Suzannah Lipscomb was born in 1978 in Surrey, England, UK. In spring 1975, just after the Vietnam War finally drew to a close and as Diane von Furstenbergs wrap dresses were selling in their millions and Tammy Wynettes 'Stand By Your Man' was blaring from Roberts Radios across the UK, a 35-year-old, five-foot-tall Japanese climber became the first woman to scale Mount Everest as part of an all-female team she had put together. Maxichamp is a law-talking guy, an unorthodox traveler, and an aficionado of oddball cars. Abi King from Inside the Travel Lab. The BBC has over 200 correspondents based both in the United Kingdom and abroad. They found me about an hours walk away. Conflict was what made this striking beauty tick. Our presenters all have a wealth of travel and property knowledge and are passionate about helping their house hunters find their dream homes abroad. She has been described as one of the few representatives of His Majestys Government remembered by the Arabs with anything resembling affection. The 51-year-old broadcaster will . Im not good with teams, she admits. We would fly almost every day, in all kinds of weather, scoping out new conservation possibilities. She says she carried hummous sandwiches in her packed lunch, while a classmate brought peanut butter and jam; she imagined theirs would be disgusting, but when she tried it, she thought it was heavenly (a story she wrote down and turned into a childrens book, The Sandwich Swap). Television presenters are basically links between the shows and the audience. That galvanised her completely. Accompanied only by three Amazigh Muslim men and their camels, Scottish explorer Alice Morrison set off to find a hidden . Shed been working as housekeeper to, before becoming the lover of, naturalist Philibert de Commeron, whod been invited to join the round-the-world expedition of Commander Louis Antoine de Bougainville. I was always a wild kid, the weirdo of the family, Marquis says. Human space flight cannot develop any further without the active participation of women. She still dreams about going into space and would agree to a one-way Mars mission in a heartbeat. By Michelle Jana Chan, Sovfoto/Universal Images Group/REX/Shutterstock, Photo by Graham Harrison/REX/Shutterstock, University of Florida Bob Campbell collection, Cristoforo Dall'Acqua / Wikimedia Commons, Tony/Maureen Wheeler and Richard I'Anson / Lonely Planet Images, This film camera was my best travel purchase last year, I took Uniqlo's viral 15 bag on holiday and here's my verdict, facebook.com/groups/womenwhotraveltheworld. While her column inches may focus on her films, her ex-husbands and her children adopted from all over the world (she has a tattoo on her shoulder of the coordinates of each childs birthplace), Jolies UN work has taken her to more than 40 countries, and she is known to cover all her costs on missions. About Us. upenn summer research program for high school students. Today we have gathered the most beautiful TV presenters all over the world in one place. Surprisingly, Alistair has even appeared in Footballers' Wives, of all things. It will take me a while to recover from this trip and, of course, I hope I never do, she remarks on leaving Pakistan. She is a content creator, who founded the female owned content house in 2012: OhThePeopleYouMeet (OTPYM . The voyage went ahead in 2010, commencing in Gibraltar. Smith is truly an underrated talent. Her first major commission was researching the effects of the Depression across the USA. Named to the FHM 100 Sexiest Women in the World six times, actor Lisa Faulkner is best known for her roles in series such as Murder in Suburbia and EastEnders. She went back to school to study fine-art photography, while following her husband with their family to more than 100 countries. When I travel I always try to think about the place as a whole, rather than just its airport code, she says. He is a smart and insightful guy, but you cant really tell by watching his show. He has also written for shows such as Brass Eye and hosted shows such as Screenwipe and Gameswipe. After travelling extensively throughout Africa, she founded the Karisoke Research Centre and based herself here in Rwandas cloud forest. Attell became my favorite comic after I watched his Insomniac series. Paul Hollywood is also a motor racer. Steve Bennett. Nina Hossain, 45 (right) was . pre built n scale train layouts. Theyve been selling out, sometimes 5,000 seats in one day, she says. Dekker turned her experience into a no-gloss documentary, Maidentrip, and a book, One Girl One Dream. The impressive collection A Writer's World: Travels 19502000 reflects the life of a compulsive traveller, although during the final stages of her life before she sadly passed away in November 2020, she was mostly ensconced in her converted stable home in north-west Wales, tired of taking my shoes off at airports. Alex Outhwaite TV Presenter London, England, United Kingdom 1K followers 500+ connections Join to view profile Freelance Websites About I'm a television presenter with a travel focus.. Raised in Philadelphia by Ukrainian immigrants, Arnold was mostly self-taught, with a dash of guidance from Harpers Bazaar art director Alexey Brodovitch. Widely regarded as a national treasure in the United Kingdom, Sir David Attenborough is the only person to have received BAFTAs for TV shows meant for different television sets, such as black and white, color, 3D, HD, and 4K. She also reminds everyone that every second inhalation we take comes from the ocean. Next shes off to northern Canada to train for an upcoming expedition by contrast, this time in the desert. Ant Anstead is an English TV presenter and car builder. Half-way up, I rather proudly looked at my legs, slowly pushing the pedals around, and the thought came: If I went on doing this for long enough, I could get to India. That journey, 20 years later, was documented in Full Tilt: Ireland to India with a Bicycle, passing through Afghanistan (where she says she became Afghanatical, describing the country as a man after my own heart) and Pakistan (where she was a guest of the last Wali of Swat Miangul Aurangzeb). Maureen never stopped travelling, even when she was at her busiest with the company and with her two children.