Car tyre pressure is measured by calculating the amount of air that has been pumped into the inner lining of your tyre in pounds per square inch (PSI) or BAR pressure. The plate on the body says they should be 79.5psi all round. Tyres Continental Vanco Camper 225 75 R16 CP Motorhome specific 950. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. By sheer chance, having not found Michelins reply in my email inbox (that I prune regularly and savagely) I came across it lurking in my email Sent' folder. 2023 LTEN - Life Sciences Trainers & Educators Network. The "CP" marking is merely a designation to enable the tyre to be identified as a motorhome tyre as opposed to a "C" marked van tyre or even a car tyre of the same size. All-season road and light off-road tyre for motorhomes from Michelin. Rim size and Bolt pattern. with michelin campers 215/75/16 i keep tyre pressure at 80 all round had these tyres since new thats almost ten years still plenty of tread on them but the outrr side walls are starting to perish 1150 single or 1090 dual is dual meaning for twin wheel? kopen fiat ducato peugeot boxer citroen relay spare wheel 215/75/ r16 new tyre genuine van slechts 174.62 genuine fiat ducato peugeot boxer citroen relay 2006-2023 spare wheel nexen215/77/. According to the TyreSafe MH leaflet the 5.5 bar pressure ONLY applies to rear tyres when the vehicle is rear wheel drive! CP-type tyres have been designed to cater for the higher loads imposed by motor-caravans, especially when fitted in single formation on the rear driven axle (also see following comments below referring to the service description). FIAT DUCATO PEUGEOT BOXER CITROEN RELAY | Grelly Belgi Continental VancoCamper tyres - National Tyres and Autocare The plate on the body will be for a standard van not a motorhome. 16" STEEL SPARE WHEEL AND 225/75R16 TYRE FITS FIAT DUCATO (2014-PRESENT DAY) New. Also check the valves, tyre shops often put normal valves on which aren't rated for that pressure. its 1992. . As I said above, Michelin will just echo the ETRTOs stipulation that their CP-marked tyres fitted to a motorhomes rear-axle should be inflated to 5.5bar, but my experience has been that Michelin will normally provide a pressure-to-axle-weight datum for their CP-marked tyres when these are fitted to a motorhomes front-axle. Hopefully I can load this picture that shows the relationship between tyre pressure and loading on my CP tyres 80psi is 5.5 Bar I think, Cant get a picture small enough to load but the tyre wall on my CP tyre (Michelin Agilis 225/70 15) says 112Q AT 80PSI. http://www.tyresafe.org/data/files/motorhome%20leaflet.pdf, http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/4-x-HIGH-PRESVehicles_ET&hash=item4aa18c5284#ht_1173wt_913, http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/4-x-HIGH-PRESSURE-COMMERCIAL-SNAP-IN-TYRE-VALVES-/320537907844?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Cars_Parts_Vehicles_Other_Commercial_Vehicles_ET&hash=item4aa18c5284#ht_1173wt_913, x290 Ducato 2.3 twin EGR version Oil Pressure Sensor Location. I used the much-mentioned continental tyre pressure download found. kopen fiat ducato peugeot boxer citroen relay spare wheel 215/70/ r15 new tyre genuine van slechts 157.72 genuine fiat ducato peugeot boxer citroen relay 2006-2023 spare. How do I know when my car needs new tyres? invisible stranding in knitting. 2572212 | VAT Registration No. When I had the new tyre fitted last week I was asked what pressure I wanted in it. Maximum is 3.0 Bar. As youve been unable to get from Michelin the type of information available from Continental and you are reluctant to apply the Continental data to your Michelin tyres, there seems no alternative but to stick with the 5.5bar (F & R) recommendation in the Fiat handbook. Here are just some of the 225/75 R16 tyres that fit your Fiat Ducato, available at Kwik Fit. CP type-tyres (commercial vehicle tyres for service on motor-caravans) have only been marketed in the last few years. Choosing Your Next Tyres . An example of Leos new hand-over-next-week Burstner motorhome is advertised here (with lots of photos), https://www.cranham.co.uk/vehicle-details/Burstner-Lyseo-TD-Harmony-N843/. Being a 5 star secured site, I was not allowed to enter by myself, so the customer had to meet me at the gate and let me in. It may not display this or other websites correctly. The most recent on-line Fiat Ducato Owner Handbook indicates that - for the Maxi Tempo Libero (camping-car chassis) version - the tyres will normally have a 225/75 R16 CP 116/114Q specification, and advises a cold inflation-pressure of 5.5bar (front) and 5.5bar (rear) for camping tyres with that specification. Wondering how much air to put in your tyres? You cannot paste images directly. My thoughts are if the tyres are good to carry the weight there inflated at 4.75 then why do we need to inflate to 5.5 and suffer a very harsh ride. Buy Continental Vanco Camper Tyres | Reviews and Prices - Blackcircles additionally, any deviation from the original type of tyre is likely to have an effect on the handling and general characteristics of the vehicle. C correction de texte je n'aimerais pas tre un mari. The sidewall tells you that the loading value (112) is only reached when the tyre is at a certain pressure (think its 5.5bar but cant remember right now). 225/55R18. The stricture does however specify that the rear axle be single fitment (ie. Once you have the figures look up your tyre size on page 5 of the TyreSafe MH leaflet here (note the difference between C, commercial and CP, camping tyres) http://www.tyresafe.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/motorhome-leaflet.pdf. Dribs and drabs of information that have come my way is that CP tyres have an extra toughening in the sidewall to cope with the greater leverage ratios on the rear axle with extended chassis on Motor Homes compared to vans. They weighed the front axle, rear axle and gross vehicle weight. A fine balance you might agree. Is this correct or is there some reason the garage / previous owner had them at this pressure. JavaScript is disabled. (occasional static and/or dynamic overload associated with this type of vehicle; considerable rear overhang, load imbalance, high centre of gravity due to. In March 2017, the DVSA advised me [the advice is somewhere in a post of mine around that time], " the vehicle should be weighed with a full tank of fuel full tank of water and all that you would normally carry but we would recommend that a tolerance is used to allow for the items you may pick up on route the different foods you may carry etc. fiat ducato camper tyre pressures 225 75r16. This is a tad lower than the Fiat figures of 59 and 65. Fiat Ducato wheel, tire sizes, bolt pattern - Size-tire.com So, whatever you tell Michelin about your Burstners rear-axle weight-wise, Michelin will only provide a 5.5bar inflation figure. Ive also found a 2004 Michelin Van Tyres Fitments, Pressures and Technical Data booklet (that I thought Id chucked away). vehicles originally homologated and fitted with CP tyres. Take it to a weighbridge, my local haulier charges 7 for both axles and total weight. Ask questions in the forums, fix common issues using our helpful guides, upload your photos to the gallery or buy and sell with the online classifieds. 2019 Fiat Ducato 2.3 MultiJet Maxi. The tyre sidewall says that it is only rated at 112 with tyre pressure at 5.5 Bar. The '75' is the aspect ratio, the height of the sidewall as a percentage of the tread width, so this tyre would have a sidewall that's 75% of the tread width, 169mm in this case. GB 638 3492 15. Discussions | The Caravan Club MAX REAR AXLE 2240. such as the crown, which could lead to a rapid deflation. So, whatever you tell Michelin about your Burstners rear-axle weight-wise, Michelin will only provide a 5.5bar inflation figure.. je voulais juste avoir de tes nouvelles fiat ducato camper tyre pressures 225 75r16. My Motorhome: Knaus Traveller S520 Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato (1993) . The wording rather supports the theory I've always had; that the tyre manufacturers introduced a tyre with inherently greater capacity (at the raised pressures) than one might be led to believe from the load index in order to compensate for the endemic overloading of motorhomes, particularly the rear axle, thereby attempting to circumvent the reputational damage from having repeated tyre-failure on such vehicles. Hi all I have a 2002 elnagh marlin 65 motorhome on a 2.8td fiat ducato chassie does anyone know the correct tyre pressures for this van ?? Now I use 4.5bar (front) and 5.0bar (rear), which still results in a firm ride but gets rid of some of the steering lightness. I have also added wireless TPM which I find immensely reassuring since I have been accustomed to that feature on motorbikes for many years. Tyre pressures across an axle should be equal. Pages 86 and 87 provide data for a tyre with a 225/75 R16CP specification and youll note (on Page 87) that - for the 116 R variant - three sets of inflation-pressure(bar) to load-capacity(kg) values are given. I checked the tyre pressures on my Ducato motorhome today. fiat ducato camper tyre pressures 225 75r16 fiat ducato motorhome tyre pressures - Sercano TV fiat ducato camper tyre pressures 225 75r16. Hi Keith many thanks for that I will check tomorrow. Run them too low and the sidewalls will craze prematurely . Advice from Michelin 5.5 bar all round. Panel on the door says 72 PSI front and 79.5 rear. Only tyres of the same size and service description (load index / speed symbol) and identical wheels should be fitted across an axle and carried as a spare. 2023 Carsguide Autotrader Media Solutions Pty Ltd. All rights reserved. 16& MOTORHOME SPARE wheel and balanced tyre to fit Fiat Ducato or Top-rated Plus seller. Mike - Living the dream Adventure B4 dementia!!! All Rights Reserved. However, thats not a hard-and-fast rule as it's become a buyer expectation (at least outside the UK) that a new coachbuilt motorhome should have CP-marked tyres as standard irrespective of the base vehicles manufacturer. I had the 2004 booklet and this included inflation-pressure data for XC Camping tyres across a range of axle weights. Fiat Ducato 225/75 R16 Tyres - Tyres4Cars It would be interesting to see the actual wording applied to "Camping Car" tyres in the ETRTO standards manual - unfortunately I haven't managed (as yet) to find a free download of the same. Fiat Ducato Tyre Pressures and Wheel Nut Torque Setting Existing users click here to access your account, UCONN,Q707091118,, University of Connecticut, Florida,Q707091118,"#,University of Florida, |MUQ707091118/ Miami University Oxford, Iowa,Q707091118,, University of Iowa, UChicagoQ707091118,,University of Chicago. and I notice that (as I touched on above) the sidewall pressure marking' on those tyres was said to be 69psi, though the pressures advised on the motorhomes door were higher. As I said, it's probably been discussed to death, but I was most interested in the wording of ETRTO's recommendations for Motorcaravan tyres, not some interpretation of it by either individuals or manufacturers. Therefore, before changing the type of tyres, always consult either the vehicle or the tyre manufacturer. The only way to find the correct tyre pressures is to load up the m/home as if you were setting out on a trip with all your kit aboard and head for a weighbridge. When you know what the axle loads are in full camping trim, full fuel, water, clothes, pots and pans, then you can look up the tyre pressures needed for your make and spec of tyre. Later on there was argument over whether that pressure recommendation applied only to RWD vehicules (though, with hindsight, it has to be asked why that should ever have been the case). Tyre sizes are 215/75R 16 C on a burstner motorhome weight 5000kg. Would this be because of the tag axle? 2572212 | VAT Registration No. https://www.fiatprofessional.is/model/ducato-conversion/. Adjusting tyres pressure when the weather is colder. It may not display this or other websites correctly. 225/65R17. Leo Valentino Others might (quite validly) feel differently. x290 Ducato 2.3 twin EGR version Oil Pressure Sensor Location. It will be seen that the ETRTO stricture relating to the 5.5bar rear-tyre pressure does not discriminate between FWD or RWD motorhomes. CarsGuide has published 2 expert reviews of the Fiat Ducato. FIAT DUCATO OWNER'S HANDBOOK MANUAL Pdf Download | ManualsLib Beware! Here, https://www.michelinrvtires.com/reference-materials/load-and-inflation-tables/#/. Full Members do not see adverts CLICK HERE for more info. Fiat Ducato Tyre Pressure: Recommended PSI, KPA & Bar Then there are insurance issues to consider in the event of an accident. These tyres offer excellent stability and road holding for mobile homes. This is equal to 450kPa and 4.5bar. Please select the 2014 Fiat Ducato vehicle modifications below and check tables to get wheel size, tire size, bolt pattern (PCD), rim offset and other wheel fitment parameters. The 745s Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW) is 4250kg. (Obviously you dont HAVE to inflate your motorhomes Michelin tyres beyond the 475kPa shown on the tyres sidewall, even though its near certain that a 5.5bar (550kPa) pressure will be advised in your motorhomes handbooks for both front and rear tyres. quotes Maxi Cab maximum permitted axle loads of Front axle: 2100 kg and Rear axle: 2500 kg, so theoretically OK for a motorhome up to 4400kg GVW (2100+2500=4600). For FWD vehicles ALL tyres should have the same pressure and for the maximum axle loading of 2,240 kg on your 225/70 R15 CP tyres this is at a pressure of 4.75 bar or 69 psi. It is recommended that a tyre professional is consulted for this. Chassis produced by Fiat Professional form the base of motorhomes owned by over 700,000 families who travel in Europe. The tyre fitter said they should only go up to 75. CHECK. European Market model. Ultra-high performance from Continental VANCOCAMPER The Continental Vanco Camper tyres are premium tyres suited for camper and mobile homes. Main Menu. Free your road trips everywhere, in all weather. GWM Ora Standard Range 2023 review: snapshot, Volkswagen Caddy 2023 review: Cargo petrol, Hyundai Santa Fe 2023 review: Active diesel long-term | Part 3, Mazda BT-50 2023 review: XTR long-term | Part 5, Ford Everest 2023 review: Ambiente 4x4 Bi-Turbo - off-road test, Mitsubishi Outlander Plug-in Hybrid EV 2023 review: Exceed - off-road test, Mazda BT-50 SP 2023 review: off-road test, Ford Everest 2023 review: V6 Sport - towing test, Kia EV6 2023 review: GT-Line AWD long-term | Part 2. Fiat Ducato - Specs of rims, tires, PCD, offset for each year and The quoted pressures for example for 215/75/16CP at my requested axle loadings tallies exactly with the current Conti advice for the same profile "non-CP" tyres, with the 10% added to the front. Get 5 star rated cover and big savings - for a quote simply click Online Quotation Advertisement Advertisement from sunlight, and use. The tyre with a 118R load rating will almost certainly have a higher stated US/DOT maximum inflation pressure than the 116Q version, as the higher pressure will in part determine the tyre's load bearing ability. Free delivery for many products. 475kPa = 4.75bar, but I cant see that being particularly relevant if (say) Fiat is advising that higher inflation pressures should be used and the motorhome converter is saying the same thing. Whatever, there is little there that convinces me that, for a reasonably balanced vehicle with axle loadings well within the load index of the tyre, there is a need to run with the tyre-pressures at the filling-threatening maximum. Very slight increase from 20 to 20.25. Given all that information I wonder if Tyresafe needs to change its advice or if the tyre manufacturer needs to alter its warning on the tyre sidewall? Mind you there was quite a crosswind coming home. The plate on the body says they should be 79.5psi all round. Tyre & Wheel Balance. Agilis CrossClimate. 2014 Fiat Ducato - Wheel & Tire Sizes, PCD, Offset and Rims specs Engine: 158 hp. I have a link to a 2011 USA Michelin tyre data book which has some useful data but note the USA call 'C' tyres 'LT' for Light Truck. I've now found a downloadable version of the 2023 recommendations here: http://pneusnews.it/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/2013-ETRTO-RECOMMENDATIONS.pdf. Fiat Ducato Motorhome (1998-present Day) - the Wheel Shop For Light Truck and 44 tyres, use 6psi as a guide, but rough and . You also have the option to opt-out of these cookies. I was under the impression that a CP-marked tyre could not carry a load-index dual marking - so there would be no 116/114 CP-marked tyre, just a 116 tyre - but thats ultra-fine detail. 16 FULL SIZE STEEL SPARE WHEEL AND 225/75R16 TYRE RIM PCD:5118 BRAND NEW TYRE 121/120 FITTED AND BALANCED PLEASE NOTE: THIS WHEELS ARE 5118 pcd (stud pattern) - but some models are fitted with 5130 pcd to check your stud pattern please measure distance between bolts centre to centre next to it (not across) My Ducato 2.8 JTD tyres are 215/75R16C and the axle loadings are around 1680 kg front and 1740 kg rear. Fiat Ducato 2019 Find the correct Tyre Pressure Fiat Ducato 2019 Tyre Pressure We have found 1 tyre size that matches your vehicle. fiat ducato camper tyre pressures 225 75r16 This used to say the same thing - for camping-car tyres and for a given axle-load, the tyres on the rear axle should be inflated higher than the tyres on the front axle. Tyre Sizes 16 Inch 225/75R16 225/75R16 Tyres Best Sellers All Tyres Tyre price includes Tyre Fitting Wheel Balancing Tubeless Valve Waste Tyre Management FREE Shipping to your selected store GST Radial AT 225/75R16 115Q $205 /EA Qty 4 Select a store to see availability Add to booking View Product Details BUY 3 & GET 4TH TYRE FREE Free Postage. Ducato 3.5ton tyre pressures | Motorhomer Another (in my view) reason why PVCs (at least Continental built PVCs) tend not to have CP-marked tyres is that they are considered to be a different breed to camping-cars/motorhomes, so ETRTO rules dont apply to them. That is what I concluded some time ago. Ahh. Lifetime Guarantee on all car, van & SUV tyres. My 2015 Rapidos Michelin Agilis Camper tyres (215/70 R15CP) are marked. In the past Michelin (UK) published a hardcopy booklet equivalent to Continentals softcopy technical data file. . If you reject them, enhanced functionality will be unavailable. (Ive several times explained on this forum the historical background that has led to why its now advised that CP-marked tyres be inflated to 5.0bar(F) and 5.5bar when fitted to 15 wheels or 5.5bar (F & R) when fitted to 16 wheels and Im not going to repeat myself.). Source for tire and wheel application fitment data Last Update: Feb. 20, 2023, 5:12 p.m. If a Fiat Ducato-based motorhome has OE Continental or Michelin CP-marked tyres, the inflation-pressure advised in the Ducato Owner Handbook will remain the same - and the size, weight or number of axles that the recreational vehicle has will also not influence that advice. As for the ride, well, I don't expect it to be that comfortable - it's a van chassis running at constant high weight.