This is mainly a test of hdfs + nn + zk + jn in k8s: Upload an updated version of an exported dashboard.json file from Grafana. I am facing similar issue? Add data sourcePrometheus. https://grafana.com/docs/grafana/latest/administration/provisioning/#example-data-source-config-file. How to tell which packages are held back due to phased updates, How do you get out of a corner when plotting yourself into a corner, AC Op-amp integrator with DC Gain Control in LTspice. I have written small python script to do the workaround for you: If this gets implemented, please make sure the solution supports dashboards with a mix of different datasources. In the meantime it is fixed. When loading the dashboard we get the "templating" error with "Error updating options: datasource was not found". How to do a distinct count of a metric using graphite datasource in grafana? "Dashboards used in provision need to raw dashboard json , not export for share dashboards. Failed to upgrade legacy queries Datasource named $ {DS_PROMETHEUS} was not found and Error updating options: Datasource named $ {DS_PROMETHEUS} was not found I am quite new to Grafana and I haven't been able to find the documentation describing such a situation. Also faced with Datasource named ${DS_PROMETHEUS} was not found. See error down. Old datasource referenced: templating init failed datasource named XX not found Grafana templating gquentin December 20, 2017, 11:06am #1 We have made a dashboard, with graphs which was using a datasource named X (influxdb database X) . Required fields are marked *, By using this form you agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website. Also when I'm trying to revert the change and run Grafana 4.0.2 it does work with the same settings. The nature of simulating nature: A Q&A with IBM Quantum researcher Dr. Jamie We've added a "Necessary cookies only" option to the cookie consent popup. You may need to adjust dashboard to match your prometheus labels, Vast majority of metrics is not yet exposed on the graphs, but you can add them on your own, added variable for DS_PROMETHEUS so that json file can be directly added to grafana data directory and solves errors such as. However when I manually go to the Grafana gui and do the import everything functions correctly. Next, we need to mount this configuration to the grafana service. Thanks for contributing an answer to Stack Overflow! Vast majority of metrics is not yet exposed on the graphs, but you can add them on your own Changelog added variable for DS_PROMETHEUS so that json file can be directly added to grafana data directory and solves errors such as Templating init failed Datasource named $ {DS_PROMETHEUS} was not found ` initial release Contact It's a firewall issue. Any leads on this would be highly appreciated! To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers. Staging Ground Beta 1 Recap, and Reviewers needed for Beta 2, Posting graphite events to Hosted Graphite, Using Graphite/Grafana for non time based data, Grafana HTTP Error Bad Gateway and Templating init failed errors, Simple percentage in Grafana using graphite, cassandra cluster monitoring using graphite -grafana. Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience. prometheusmysqlmysqlagentmysqld_exporter I would like to see it if possible. How do I align things in the following tabular environment? Check what is the datasource for the dashboard template variables. "Find" your UID from step 2, (. Du you have a default datasource defined in Grafana ? Grafana v7.5.3 (3e3cf4d) The error I'm getting in the logs is lvl=eror msg="Request Completed" method=POST path=/api/ds/query status=500. I installed Grafana and Prometheus using helm charts. Seems like the "__inputs": [] are removed and I also get the issue of: Same here with an InfluxDB datasource : all JSON exported datasources are prefixed with DS, making export/import from one environment to the other fail, Same here with Grafana 4.4.3 and Graphite data source: The text was updated successfully, but these errors were encountered: I think I am getting a similar error. If you run an older version of Grafana and want to share a dashboard on Grafana.com you need to manually add the inputs and templatize the datasource properties like above. Thanks to that, you can easily test the setup on your local machine. Any update on this? Created a query variable using MySQL-1 data source. I did try renaming the datasource again after manually updating some of the dashboards and those variable names did update this time. When loading the dashboard a "templating" error is shown indicating that "Datasource is not found". message on all dashboards (ss below). Therefore, to display metrics gathered on my Spring Boot project, I'm going to use the Dashboard for Micrometer instrumented applications (Java, Spring Boot, Micronaut)" i. e. the JVM dashboard.. Add the configuration to the project It's a firewall issue. Running Grafana 4.3.3 and I used wizzy to download dashboard 1471 version 1 "label": "graphite", I was never able to find a "proper" fix, but I found a workaround: By setting the clusterIP to None, the service changes to "Headless" mode, which means that requests are sent directly to a random one of the pods in that service/cluster. rev2023.3.3.43278. In fact, you need to use the service_name:port structure. EF & E-Series, SANtricity, and Related Plug-ins, Software Development Kit (SDK) and API Discussions, NetApp's Response to the Ukraine Situation. In Grafana created two data sources: Test DB (default) and a MySQL named MySQL-1. Follow the workaround, and find-and-replace all UIDs to be a null-string. kubernetes monitoring grafana prometheus minikube Share Follow asked Jan 19, 2018 at 9:44 online 4,489 10 32 47 Add a comment Find the UID that Grafana assigned to the datasource in the JSON. i have exported the dashboard to json to see old datasource references, but there is nothing. Remember, all applications are run with Docker Compose. I've tried to reproduce the issue with the following steps. Use helm installed Prometheus and Grafana on minikube at local. [[email protected] ~]# uname -a Why do many companies reject expired SSL certificates as bugs in bug bounties? What video game is Charlie playing in Poker Face S01E07? Connect and share knowledge within a single location that is structured and easy to search. Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers. What Is the Difference Between 'Man' And 'Son of Man' in Num 23:19? *. Below you can see the grafana directory containing files that I added to my project to supply Grafana configuration: According to my docker compose configuration the prometheus service is available for the other services running within the internal network under prometheus:9090 (http://localhost:9090/ in my browser). So this dashboard is one that we did not do any manual intervention on and has two variables. The graph panels were updated to use the renamed datasource however dashboard variables were not updated and require manual intervention to fix. To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers. @TroldeJens please advise, https://github.com/kiwigrid/k8s-sidecar has env variable To avoid having your issue closed in the future, please read our CONTRIBUTING guidelines. Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers. Replacing all instances of ${DS_PROMETHEUS} in the dashboard's json with just Prometheus directly worked around the issue. I don't think I have a copy handy. "pluginName": "Graphite" I expected to import those dashboards with default value from inputs and fill template variables, What happened instead? "After the incident", I started to be more careful not to trip over things. Site design / logo 2023 Stack Exchange Inc; user contributions licensed under CC BY-SA. This is ridiculous, since I didn't get any warning and everything works fine in the second case. Should be straight-forward, right?, but then you bring your Dashboard.json to a new Grafana instance only to find the data didn't load. Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community. For me, there wasn't even an error or log which was frustrating. We're trying to copy the json from our prod Grafana to our non-prod Grafana, and it shows the following errors. Is there a single-word adjective for "having exceptionally strong moral principles"? where key is '' and thus the error appears as Datasource was not found (whitespace is collapsed by the web browser). Upgrade to 8.3.3 (version we upgraded to), without opening the dashboard (this might be part of the issue based on the newly noticed message but it is also not a viable workaround if there are a large number of dashboards), rename the datasource. We upgraded from 7.2.1 -> 8.3.3, as part of the cleanup we renamed a couple datasources. Ex https://github.com/grafana/grafana/blob/master/public/app/plugins/datasource/graphite/plugin.json#L7, I prepared dashboard in Grafana 5.0 which is working properly (all graphs are correctly displayed, datasource is ok). I got the same error and was wondering where is the ${DS_PROMETHEUS} defined. Used with Prometheus Hadoop HDFS FSImage Exporter in kubernetes, Initial dashboard for hadoop in kubernetes (wait what?). When I'm trying to open any dashboard that I have I'm getting a following error message: Also in the browser console log I see the following messages: I'm getting the same error in browser console when I'm trying to Save & Test settings in Graphite datasource. What is the purpose of this D-shaped ring at the base of the tongue on my hiking boots? Therefore, we have to mount our folder to this location in the container: However, starting Grafana now will result in the Datasource named ${DS_PROMETHEUS} was not found error once we try to access the dashboard. Variables in provisioned dashboard json file? document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); $ docker-compose up -d app prometheus grafana, lvl=info msg="Config overridden from command line" logger=settings arg="default.paths.provisioning=/etc/grafana/provisioning", lvl=info msg="Path Provisioning" logger=settings path=/etc/grafana/provisioning, # grafana/provisioning/datasources/datasource.yml, # grafana/provisioning/dashboards/dashboard.yml, Grafana provisioning How to configure data sources and dashboards. More info here: https://kubernetes.io/docs/concepts/services-networking/service/#headless-services, There's probably a better solution, but this is the only one I've found that actually works for me, with kube-prometheus. To subscribe to this RSS feed, copy and paste this URL into your RSS reader. If so, how close was it? After that, I've updated the Grafana instance to 8.4.6: (un)Fortunately, all seems to be working fine. We can use one of the predefined, ready to use Grafana dashboards to save time on configuration. This will allow you to Export/Import dashboards between container tear downs, keeping your teammates happy. For data visualization issues: For authentication, provisioning and alerting issues, Grafana server logs are useful. Email [email protected] for help. prometheus v2.17.2 via prometheus-operator, grafana v6.7.3 (a04ef6cefc) with prometheus as Data Source, Hadoop 3.1.3 in HA setup ( zookeeper cluster + 3 journalnodes + 3 namenodes, which means 1 active nn and 2 standby). Templating init failed Datasource named ${DS_PROMETHEUS} was not found This happens with all the dashboards I have imported. ), Minimising the environmental effects of my dyson brain, Full text of the 'Sri Mahalakshmi Dhyanam & Stotram'. "pluginId": "graphite", I did not want to post to correct server adress. If you don't specify an id in the dashboard definition, then Grafana assigns one during . Henceforth, I simply replaced all the ${DS_PROMETHEUS} occurrences with the correct data source name Prometheus. Is a PhD visitor considered as a visiting scholar? docker ps To connect the prometheus to GRAFANA, you will need to get the prometheus server IP address that is running as a docker image from host. @onemanstartup Dashboards attached to the datasource show up in that tab. https://grafana.com/docs/grafana/latest/http_api/dashboard_versions/#get-dashboard-version, This should give you the dashboard json before the upgrade. amaizing! Hi, Euler: A baby on his lap, a cat on his back thats how he wrote his immortal works (origin? "description": "", This will either look like a random string (e.g. For each provisioned datasource, Grafana allows you to specify an explicit UID for the datasource. I imported dashboards with datasources template variables, What was the expected result? Your review is pending approval, you can still make changes to it.