Since Officials with Hopewell City Schools said Curtis-LeMay died unexpectedly Monday. the districts recently renovated Tony Dorsett Stadium. Assistant Principal jobs 133,785 . coming to Hopewell, Mr. Allison, has been an active leader in local, state and In 2010, Mr. Allison was elected to serve on the Southmoreland High School Assistant Principal Greater Pittsburgh Region. Recently, Mr. Allison was again elected to serve as President of opportunity to go with a small cadre of American principals to China for a that two year term beginning in October of 2018. She continued her education at Clarion University of Pennsylvania with a Masters of Curriculum and Instruction. advocacy work with legislators in Washington D.C. promoting principals and the (click to see the attached letter for additional information). Prior to coming to Hopewell, Mr. Allison served as a teacher in the South Side Area School District; where he was consistently challenged by his supervisors to take on roles as a teacher leader. Following her internship she worked as a School Psychologist in Allegheny County for the Shadyside Academy Junior School and the Carlynton School District. Mr. Allison earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Secondary Education (Biology) from Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania in 1989; a Masters of Education degree in Educational Leadership and secondary principal certification from Franciscan University of Steubenville; and an elementary principal certification from Westminster College. With a new school year around the corner, they turned to theCMS International Center (IC)for help in finding the right school for Bryan. standing member of the National Association of Elementary and Secondary School HOPEWELL, VA (WWBT) - An assistant principal at Hopewell High School is under investigation. Hopewell Area Schools. Brendan Shaughnessy, Hopewell's Jostens Representative, met with the sophomore class on November 2nd to go over information regarding class rings. P ioneer High School. Professional Work Experience: Whittier High School, Assistant . She was a true testament to the meaning of Blue Devil Pride! environment, an educational leader needs to decipher the interests of the young She's an advocate for the kids, she genuinely loves the kids and we just want her to know that we are and want her back in this school," said parent Vannette Taylor. He also served as a boys and girls basketball coach at South Side. Additionally, Dr. Beltz has experience as an assistant principal, dean of students, and teacher. Additionally, he has worked on numerous national committees; engaged in Dr. Beltz possesses 20 years of experience in educational leadership, serving in a variety of administrative and teaching roles with schools and districts in Pennsylvania. In addition to working at Hopewell, Mrs. Steff has been on the board of directors for the Adoption Connection of PA since 2018, and volunteers for many youth organizations in Beaver County including Scouts, BSA and the Western Beaver Band Boosters. In July of 2018, Mr. Allison was elected to a position on the Pennsylvania Her smiles, jokes and warm comments will be truly missed and never forgotten by the staff here at HHS. districts athletic director since 2002. He was also a member of the Interdisciplinary Doctoral Program for Educational Leaders (IDPEL) Cohort 2003 at Duquesne University. wife, Michele, and their son, Alexei. PAESSP, which is now called the PA Principals Association, and he will assume I got an email from another young man that said, Best assistant principal ever.". While Dr. Kartychak is not officially Hopewell alumni, he is a proud Viking! Dr. Utchell proudly returned to the Hopewell Area School District in August of 2010 as the Director of Special Education. Pupil Services Administrators, National Association of School Psychologists, Association Welcome to Hopewell High School, home of the Blue Devils. Apply to Program Assistant, Elementary School Teacher, Senior Assistant and more! Hopewell High School Assistant Principal Loretta Curtis-LeMay died unexpectedly Monday. [email protected]. Since earned a Bachelor of Science in Psychology from Allegheny College and obtained Working with so many students through the years and now working with their children and knowing so many grandparents and aunts and uncles has created a unique connection that allows him to connect and further his relationships with our students, families and school community. She is a graduate of both Edinboro University and the University of Phoenix. I am honored to join the Hopewell Area School District and take on this leadership role in a district known for its excellent schools, said Dr. Beltz. Further, Mr. Allison has been I thank every stakeholder in advance for your trust and partnership throughout this journey as we work to ensure each and every student has memorable experiences throughout their time at Hopewell that will last a lifetime! Mr. Michael Allison is the principal of Hopewell High School. Wake County arrest records show that Lindsay . Assistant Principal at Hopewell Schools Contact Details Email sr*******@hopewell.k12.va.us Get Email Address Department Other Location Hopewell, Virginia, United States Hopewell Schools Company Information Website http://www.hopewell.k12.va.us Revenue $1 - 10M Head Count 25 - 100 Industry Education Loretta Curtis-LeMay "made a huge impact. Recently, Mr. Allison was again elected to serve as President of He began his administrative career on March 1, 1998 when he came to Hopewell High School as the Assistant Principal and in August of 2000 assumed his role as building principal. League (WPIAL) Board of Directors and works as the association treasurer. During his presidency, he was blessed to have the Alonzo Jefferson Assistant- Special Education. Our staff is committed to providing a safe and intellectually challenging environment. month to share educational best practices with principals across China. The Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools website (www.cms.k12.nc.us) is in compliance with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act.Any website accessibility concerns may be brought via the following, Email the Web Accessibility Team at WebAccessibility or Call: 980.343.0115.In compliance with Federal Law, Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools administers all . year. Mr. Short is a graduate of Allegheny College and Aliquippa High School. I am genuinely grateful to serve you and look forward to immersing myself entirely in our school and our community. . Indeed.com estimated this salary based on data from 2 employees, users and past and present job ads. Further, Mr. Allison has been 5th Grade: Summer 6th Grade: Joey 7th Grade: Shaelin 8th Grade: Brianna More + Hockey More + Paraprofessionals Read the full article for additional information as well as links to online resources. [email protected]. He also served as a boys and girls basketball coach at South Side. Mr. Katkich is a long believes that as an educational leader one should always listen to the voices Lavonya Dabney Assistant Principal. national principals associations. I look forward to working with district staff, families, and community members to make sure we are meeting the needs of our students and always improving at everything we do. Aliquippa, PA 15001-4501 Phone: 724-375-6691 Contact Us I'm going to miss her so much because she always was there for me and she helped calm me down, Poe said. Outside of school, Dr. Roth is the proud husband to his wife, Brianne and father to their three children Jace, Paige, and Eli. "The teachers have talked about, again, the sense of humor she had. San Antonio College - Associates of Arts, 2000 - Cal State University Fullerton - Bachelor of Arts, History, 2008 - Azusa Pacific University - Masters of Education, Teaching, In Progress - California State Polytechnic University Pomona - Doctorate (Ed.D) in Educational Leadership, 2002-2014 - Social Science and AVID Teacher, West Covina High School, 2014-2022 - Assistant Principal, Glen A. Wilson High School, Assistant Principal, Guidance & Counseling. Poe recalled Curtis-LeMays sense of humor and way of putting the staff and students at ease. Julie O'Brien Teacher Dr. Beltz holds a doctoral degree in educational leadership from Youngstown State University, a masters degree in business administration from Robert Morris University, and a bachelors degree in business administration from Geneva College. In 2005, he was promoted to Junior High Principal and continues to serve the Hopewell Learning Community in this capacity. Dr. Robert Kartychak is currently Hopewell High Schools assistant principal. Mr. Don Short, Athletic Director/Trainer at Hopewell Area School District has been named Pennsylvania Region IV Athletic Director of conferences across the United States. MAC Principals Association; he has been on the Board of Directors of the I know we have been presented with some unusual circumstances, but I know with your partnership, we will continue to provide students with the best education possible. He has served as the President of the Joanna Barnes. Mr. Allison earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Secondary Education (Biology) from Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania in 1989; a Masters of Education degree in Educational Leadership and secondary principal certification from Franciscan University of Steubenville; and an elementary principal certification from Westminster College. HOPEWELL, Va. -- Hopewell City Schools has announced the death of an assistant principal at Hopewell High School who died suddenly on Monday. She is a member of Pennsylvania and National Associations of Since 2015, Mrs. Steff has led the Hopewell Toy Drive along with two of her colleagues, serving over 160 students in need each December. Mrs. Curtis-LeMay was able to build positive relationships with students and parents where her heart and love was shown by her attitude and commitment to the school. "BLUE DEVIL PROUD!". The assistant principal "made a huge impact at Hopewell High School by making her sweet presence known. "Without her here, the school is nothing. Dr. Beltz also served for 20 years in the Beaver Area School District, including 10 as middle school principal. For if you wish to provide an engaging learning $11.60 - $14. Area School Districts athletic trainer in 1989 and has served as the At Hopewell High School, we pride ourselves on creating an educational environment that prepares students to be contributing citizens. Phone: Phone: (804) 541-6402 . "One young lady emailed me and said, I'm so sorry. The following HHS band students participated in the Omega Psi Phi "William BeBe Prentiss Jr." Talent Hunt Showcase this afternoon on the campus of Virginia State University: The Meningitis Vaccine is required by state law prior to entering school on July 24, 2023. Attendance Policy - 2nd Semester! and inclusion. Family truly means everything to me in life, and I want nothing more than to continue this mindset with everyone I encounter throughout Hopewell. While all facets of education intrigue him, Dr. Kartychak has been particularly interested in how students learn and engage with mathematics. 2003. We want to empower all students to become 21st Century learners and leaders through innovative thinking, problem-solving, and working and communicating with others. wife, Michele, and their son, Alexei. Hopewell City Public Schools, Imagineers of Excellence, in partnership with the community, will inspire students to achieve personal success and purpose, igniting in them a passion to change our world! Ms. Shana Griffin (Supervises students' last names Q-Z) Principal's Message; Administration Team; Mission & Vision Statement; School Profile; School Report Card; Teacher of the Year; Teacher Assistant of the Year; Furthermore, I also serve as a Captain at the 171st Air Refueling Wing and hold the position of the Aircraft Maintenance Operations Officer in the United States Air Force. manager for many soccer, football, and volleyball events. across Pennsylvania in this new role. Powered by Edlio Edlio Login. Principal: Ms. Judy Carter. Officials with Hopewell City Schools said Curtis-LeMay died unexpectedly Monday. Dr. Lynn Utchell began her educational career in 2004 as Hopewell Area School Districts first School Psychologist Intern. Copyright 2020 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. "We are saddened by the sudden loss of our dear friend and co-worker, Loretta Curtis-LeMay (HHS Assistant Principal). 147 followers . "Ms. White has been a great influence in my life," said Senior Ricky Reese. 2023. The app features breaking news alerts, live video, weather radar, traffic incidents, closings and delays and more. He has served as the President of the He has spent the past two years in the Moon Area School District, where he helped the district remain financially solvent and oversaw the alignment of curriculum practices across five elementary schools. served as an adjunct faculty member in the Principal Leadership graduate When he is not at school, Dr. Kartychak resides nearby with his wife and two sons. Tons of great salary information on Indeed.com Bill Schloss - Principal. What do you think? He began his administrative career on March 1, 1998 when he came to Hopewell High School as the Assistant Principal and in August of 2000 assumed his role as building principal. MAC President from 2011-2013. Hopewell High School Assistant Principal Loretta Curtis-LeMay died unexpectedly Monday. since 1999 and served as the Pennsylvania president during the 2007-2008 school of the Hopewell Area School District. Location: Hopewell High School, 400 S Mesa Dr, Hopewell, VA 23860, USA. Outside of school, Mrs. Steff lives in Ohioville and enjoys spending time with her husband, Brian, and son, Braedon, as well as their many pets.