Lassie. With Matching Radio Case. Thank you again! We use cookies to make wikiHow great. I looked at customizing a belt on other sites and none of them had color thread examples like Axe & Awl which I loved!I was able to truly visualize what I wanted and I loved that they offered that. [3] 4 Put a pea-sized dot of a mild dish soap on the cloth. Im some one who buys thing for longevity, my new radio strap will most likely be handed down when I retire from the fire service because it is so well made, I simply cant explain how high a quality these product are. Im glad I found this shop. I am very happy with my new radio strap. Shop Now Complete Customization It would make sense to clean it more frequently since it soaks up a lot of sweat. wikiHow, Inc. is the copyright holder of this image under U.S. and international copyright laws. Leather Radio Straps - Axe and Awl Leatherworks Customizable We can help you with that! I looked at customizing a belt on other sites and none of them had color thread examples like Axe & Awl which I loved! The strap and anti sway strap are still in 10/10 shape, a testimony to the high quality product they put out. This image helps display proper placement. By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. 3 of my guys at the fire house ordered me a custom radio strap for my birthday. I would recommend this company to everyone who is wanting a leather radio strap or any other products they offer. To properly size your custom radio strap please follow the sizing instructions below. These straps are awesome! This image helps display proper placement. The leather is phenomenal and the buckle is extremely convenient, being a first responder, so I can throw my pants on over my shorts if we get a call and not have to worry about messing with a traditional belt closure. Went with the Hot Rod Red and turned out amazing! Ordered a second one within a week for another helmet. After the strap dries, use a cloth to rub a small amount of leather conditioner onto the strap. Shop Now Top Shelf Radio Strap Our Adjustable Radio Strap with all of our premium offerings built in. I just ordered another one a gift for a friend. I'm curious if anyone has some good tips/products that they use to clean their leather straps and maintain them? Mates to a radio holder with scissor snaps. Their family is truly representative of the fantastic shop and the area as well. (Our leather does not bleed dye onto your gear or uniform. What an amazing job Axe & Awl did on the custom strap for my sons fire radio!! Put the pins and watch face in a safe place so you wont lose them. I have the NY Style Leather Radio Strap w/ Reflective Trim and it has been through significant wear and tear and has gotten pretty dirty. Best way to clean Radio Straps? : Firefighting - reddit Once leather is exposed to heat, water or cleaning chemicals, the leather starts to degrade while . Fantastic products, this is my second order from them and both were way beyond my expectations. Underside of chest *Inside of strap* Laser Engraved (No Paint. This image may not be used by other entities without the express written consent of wikiHow, Inc.
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/9\/9e\/Clean-a-Leather-Watch-Strap-Step-7-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Clean-a-Leather-Watch-Strap-Step-7-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/9\/9e\/Clean-a-Leather-Watch-Strap-Step-7-Version-2.jpg\/aid10410531-v4-728px-Clean-a-Leather-Watch-Strap-Step-7-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\u00a9 2023 wikiHow, Inc. All rights reserved. By using our site, you agree to our. The calf lining is absolutely amazing. Take the time to get familiar with proper radio placement to ensure that it's working when you need it. I have a radio strap, new SCBA mask bag, and a box light rig from Axe and Awl. Lots of high end equipment, bright paints, very unique items. Stitched Leather Radio Strap Set | Ladder Co Leather I purchased the Amazingly beautiful sleigh bells.They are a gift for along time friend so I am so proud to give them to her. Its for leather. This gently removes any grainy dirt or debris that has collected on . $14.59. Black Smoke Leather Tools are all Designed for a one reason, to Work as hard as YOU do. Which made me order a new radio basket. The search for a quality uniform belt is finally over. I just recieved my radio strap and it is outstanding! Leather is a natural material, which means it can be torn when pulled with force. Free Floating Cord Keeper. How to Clean Leather Straps Properly | DIY Watch Club This image is not<\/b> licensed under the Creative Commons license applied to text content and some other images posted to the wikiHow website. This image may not be used by other entities without the express written consent of wikiHow, Inc.
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}. This image may not be used by other entities without the express written consent of wikiHow, Inc.
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/4\/4f\/Clean-a-Leather-Watch-Strap-Step-8-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Clean-a-Leather-Watch-Strap-Step-8-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/4\/4f\/Clean-a-Leather-Watch-Strap-Step-8-Version-2.jpg\/aid10410531-v4-728px-Clean-a-Leather-Watch-Strap-Step-8-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\u00a9 2023 wikiHow, Inc. All rights reserved. Old Viking Leathers on Instagram: "Firefighter Radio Strap! These look Packaging was beautiful as well.I will be putting my plain black radio strap to use and definitely be customizing/personalizing a radio strap in the near future from here.If youre on the fence with companys about quality, price, and durability I would 20/10 recommend Axe & Awl. Sway strap location is also spot on. But if the leather contacts with water, or any other liquids, the oil inside will run off with the liquids when it evaporates. Having said that, taking care of it is not as troublesome as imagined. While we may not have been on the block the longest, what has made our business is our attention to detail, quality . My first purchase was helmet bands for my crew for Christmas. {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/4\/44\/Clean-a-Leather-Watch-Strap-Step-3-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Clean-a-Leather-Watch-Strap-Step-3-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/4\/44\/Clean-a-Leather-Watch-Strap-Step-3-Version-2.jpg\/aid10410531-v4-728px-Clean-a-Leather-Watch-Strap-Step-3-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\u00a9 2023 wikiHow, Inc. All rights reserved. My chin strap for my fire helmet was first, its awesome and a lot of the guys at work have ordered theirs form the as well. Definitely durable as well. The best gear purchase I've made in a long time. I ordered a helmet band and glove holder on july 17th and recieved it july 31st. Great fit, great quality, and great customer service! {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/1\/1c\/Clean-a-Leather-Watch-Strap-Step-4-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Clean-a-Leather-Watch-Strap-Step-4-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/1\/1c\/Clean-a-Leather-Watch-Strap-Step-4-Version-2.jpg\/aid10410531-v4-728px-Clean-a-Leather-Watch-Strap-Step-4-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\u00a9 2023 wikiHow, Inc. All rights reserved. This image is not<\/b> licensed under the Creative Commons license applied to text content and some other images posted to the wikiHow website. Rob was a consummate professional to deal with, and his dedication to his craft shines through in the completed radio strap! I searched around for a company that would take on the job of making station hats for our Fire Department Engine Company and once I was recommended Axe and Awl Leatherworks my search had stopped. Not sure if that's kosher from a leather care perspective, but its not torn mine up yet! The cleaning method may differ, depending on the types of your leather straps, from tanned leather to suede leather. For myself & as gifts Their quality is second to none & their customer service is even better! Ive been searching all over for a belt thats built to last and I found this gem. Head over to the stamps page to customize yours today with letters . - These two are awesome! Very happy they looked at the note that I left and asked them to send a joke with the package. EXCELLENT, Friendly and prompt Customer Service. I suppose your leather straps are now clean as a whistle. Company pride is something we definitely have, these bands set it off! You can see the strap on the right is totally dried out and the color has changed. wikiHow, Inc. is the copyright holder of this image under U.S. and international copyright laws. If you continue to have trouble, please contact customer service to place an order for you. New York Style FireFighter Custom Leather Radio Strap with Anti-Sway and optional Radio Bucket / Radio Holder Ad vertisement by 5DLeather 5DLeather. Amazing quality and classic look of shop, all their leather products, and just a home run! There are limitations as to what can be engraved on the underside. I love the look, fit and feel of it. I heard about Axe and Awl through a co-worker and he had nothing but good things to say. Company pride is something we definitely have, these bands set it off!I just received my radio strap and was blown away again at the quality, craftsmanship and attention to detail.Customer service is top notch! I would recommend this company to everyone who is wanting a leather radio strap or any other products they offer. Short answer: yes, but you'll need to adjust for two changes to the measurements. This image may not be used by other entities without the express written consent of wikiHow, Inc.
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/7\/74\/Clean-a-Leather-Watch-Strap-Step-5-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Clean-a-Leather-Watch-Strap-Step-5-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/7\/74\/Clean-a-Leather-Watch-Strap-Step-5-Version-2.jpg\/aid10410531-v4-728px-Clean-a-Leather-Watch-Strap-Step-5-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\u00a9 2023 wikiHow, Inc. All rights reserved. Last Updated: August 17, 2022 Far superior to any garrison belt Ive been issued or ordered prior. I may have to order a What an amazing job Axe & Awl did on the custom strap for my sons fire radio!! I ordered the quick release leather belt and Ill tell you what, this baby is beautiful. They did a fantastic job, the work was very clean and when and if I ever had a question they were extremely timely with their response! Your Phone Number (required) *. Clean and condition the strap every 1-2 weeks. Once leather is exposed to heat, water or cleaning chemicals, the leather starts to degrade while . This leather fire man radio strap is a quality leather product Made Proudly in the USA. Click the icon above for the document. It was well worth the wait time for a custom one. I am interested in the following accessories: Truck Belt. The paint job is awesome. This image may not be used by other entities without the express written consent of wikiHow, Inc.
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}. I ordered a radio strap from Axe and Awl and I cant be any happier with my experience. Description. This image may not be used by other entities without the express written consent of wikiHow, Inc.
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}. Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. I spent literally hours comparing radio straps and reading reviews before deciding on Axe and Awl, and have not regretted it for one second. It turned out absolutely amazing. True to size, great quality, and not heavy. Radio Straps - Fully Involved Leatherworks It's a 1 1/2" wide and made out of Hermann Oak 7-8 oz. Please note this measurement on the comment box during your check out. First, it is incredibly lightweight, flexible and comfortable. From radio straps, glove straps, locker tags to coasters and accessories, we have the right gift for you or your crew. There produce the best craftsmanship and long lasting product on the market. . I will 100% be ordering more products from them. Purchased 2 of these fitted radio straps one blacked out and one with custom stamping and paint. Manufacturer's Corner: H6 Custom Radio Straps | Firehouse Don't hesitate to order from Axe and Awl! Keep up the great craftsmanship, but more importantly, keep up the great customer service, this goes further than anything. Scroll on down for our complete guide on cleaning a leather watch band. It was around 11 weeks to have it in my hands, however it was worth the wait. I ordered some custom suspenders some time ago and have loved them since! Find out what does SII and TMI mean on Seiko movements. Best leather products for firefighters on the market life long supporter for this company. Might have to order some bells for myself. I have recommended them to my coworkers and to anyone who is looking for high quality leather products. Finally, use an industrial deodorizing agent if all else fails. Name, set of numbers and initials embossed at no extra charge. Ive ordered 3 different time from Axe and Awl end every time Im amazed at the quality of work in every piece they create. Rated 4.97 out of 5 $ 124.99. Includes Radio Strap, Radio Holster and Anti-Sway Strap. RADIO STRAPS, TRUCK BELTS & ACCESSORIES - 3 Alarm Leather By the same token, the heat can actually dry out the leather, which may harden the leather, and in the long run, it may also form cracks or split. I absolutely love my strap, even a year later I find myself pausing to appreciate it from time to time. My wife feel in love with the purses they had there and so desperately wanted to buy one, but unfortunately we didnt buy it Our first contact with this company happened at the Apple Festival in Downtown Waynesville this year. We both like the clean, simple look of the watch . Even has a pocket inside for my cell! I received my leather shoulder bag and I LOVE it! Fantastic customer service from start to finish. Thanks Black Smoke! I originally had an issue with the graphic design on the radio basket I ordered. Sort by: Custom Radio Straps. The craftsmanship and attention to detail is amazing. . . 6- 8 inches below is the norm we are seeing. Our Fitted straps are made with strong high tensile strength yet supple leather that will accompany you through many years if not your entire firefighter career. Excellent customer service and high quality craftsmanship. The radio strap came in on time and looking great! Clean Straps will make you feel betterknowing your radio strap and duty belt is no longer absorbing the harmful toxins, biohazards and odors that are a daily part of the job for First Responders. Here's how to clean your leather watch band: 1. Take a piece of rope, body cord or even a string and hang it over your shoulder. 3 ways the H6 strap excels The H6 radio strap immediately eliminated some of my initial gripes about radio straps. Manufacturer's Corner: Radio Strap Contaminants - Firehouse Your Name (required) *. Will definitely order other products from Black Smoke Apparel! Thank you. Thank you so much for the quick response to my order. I ordered the quick release leather belt and Ill tell you what, this baby is beautiful. Your Full Address (required) *. Again like the strap great quality, customizability and colors. Anti Sway Strap. I would, and do, recommend Axe and Awl to anyone looking for a radio strap or other leather products! Ive been searching all over for a belt thats built to last and I found this gem. I dont write very many reviews ( less than 10 in my life) but when you meet a family company like this one with amazing quality it does make me want to make sure others know to go ahead buy it. It was definitely the right decision to! It would make sense to clean it more frequently since it soaks up a lot of sweat. Firefighter Leather Bundle- Radio Strap and Anti-Sway Holder Combo Kit $149.00. When doing this stand up straight for best measurements results. Home Leather Radio Straps Custom Radio Straps Browse Subcategories. I am glad to support a locally owned business (NC). In Stock Radio Straps - Fully Involved Leatherworks But in fact, its effect on removing stains is not really optimal, and at the same time it damages the leather and rubs the color off. 35 min ago. IAFF member, Love this job! Please note this measurement on the comment box during your check out. This image is not<\/b> licensed under the Creative Commons license applied to text content and some other images posted to the wikiHow website. This article has been viewed 46,433 times. (HT Holder is soldseparately). Bring the cord together on your opposite side as if you were wearing a portable radio. Just received it 2 days ago. Spray the nubuck and suede cleaner on the strap evenly. New. Due to an on-the-job injury, I will not be able to provide custom painting or artwork at this time. Dampen a piece of soft cloth with warm water and wipe the alligator strap clean. The attention to detail is awesome. Blue Leather Radio Strap with Anti-Sway Strap. I have no doubt that my gear will last the rest of my career. Got here quick and I haven't worn another off duty belt since. My agency issues Boston Leather factory-made radio straps, and I use those same ones on my fire academy job. Radio strap vs. Radio pocket or belt clip? SEE MEASUREMENT #1) This will keep your HT Holder hanging below your turnout jacket for easy access during Fire Operations. Use it to try out great new products and services nationwide without paying full pricewine, food delivery, clothing and more. Their communication is great, the storefront is easy to use, and my item was completed and at my door a week earlier than they promised. Quick View. Use tab to navigate through the menu items. Read on to find out how to replace a NH35 with a NH34 movement. Same quality, exact size belt as my brown one and I can tell it will work and last just the same. Is what I tell the very few guys that wear them. It smells delicious and feels amazing! One end of the handle had torn from wear several yrs ago and I hadnt been able to use it since. BULOVA AEROJET NYLON STRAP MEN'S WATCH 98B340 $275.00 (#295522154346) i . . Includes 12 characters, 2 stamps and a single paint color. Considered to be the best leather on the market. Add a reminder under the chest (Initials/Date). 3 or 4 other guys in my station have ordered from Axe and Awl amd their stuff looks awesome too! This article was co-authored by Mallika Sharma and by wikiHow staff writer, Amber Crain. Leather Radio Straps - Etsy