We did so with Britanny Ferries. If you haven't purchased Cancellation Cover then you will be charged a cancellation fee. This number is based on the percentage of all Tripadvisor reviews for this product that have a bubble rating of 4 or higher. They said they would check it out. COVID-19 Information Unfortunately During that two weeks I have bought a new ticket already, as I didn't have any confirmation. By joining you agree to our terms & conditions and 20,000,000 members worldwide Our customers love us! If I misspell my name, is correction required? manufactured with at least 1/8 of an inch tread. 100% of travellers recommend this experience. WebDo yourself a favor and book directly through the ferry company website, that way you will save money in fees, have better options (like booking a seat), and have more control if you need to make a cancellation or change. My boyfriend and me have booked a ticket for the 26th of november to lanzerote with the camper. Then you have contacted our Customer service through chat just 1 hour before the departure and we have explained that so close to the departure the amendment would not be possible, we advised to try to amend at the port. up to 15% off Stockholm-Helsinki, Ventouris Ferries: save on your 2023 sailings, Denmark Norway: bring your car for FREE. I wished I had checked here before booking, I thought they were a genuine company but it is clearly a fraudulent and dishonest one. I recently booked the St Malo to Poole ferry with Direct Ferries. We use dedicated people and clever technology to safeguard our platform. I have applied for a replacement BRP however, I am unable to get the same before 8 weeks. Bought wrong ticket because they shower wrong results. WebGreater than 24-hours before travel. Dear customer, Many thanks for your review! 10 pounds fee for updating the children's age from an infant to 4 and 6 years old. Please don't hesitate to contact us, if you have any queries. Kind regards, Maya from Direct Ferries. According to the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (GDPR), if you wish to change or cancel a ticket on behalf of another passenger, you must contact us from the same email address or phone number used for the booking. Be the first to hear about the best ferry offers, The quickest way to make & manage your booking. I will never use this company again Report this review We remain at your disposal. Wight link did it for free and refunded Direct Ferries who promised to refund 160 within 5 days. like what ? Bookmark. Unfortunately, they couldn't make the changes to the booking, because this was done with Direct Ferries (DF). NEVER, EVER AGAIN WITH THIS USELESS RIPP OFF COMPANY!!!! Ferryhopper is obligated to comply with this regulation, in order to ensure the safety of your personal data. The process involves cancelling and rebooking the tickets, hence a cancellation fee may also be applied by the ferry company according to its policy. Instead we have an inside room. The booking was quite straight forward but is a little confusing the first time you use it when you see the reclining chair booked and cabins not available. Direct Ferries are trying it on, (with your money). Would recommend at all cost, better buy is straight from actual company. Thanks for taking the time to respond but you're mistaken about the cancellation. Direct Ferries Limited has its registered address at Direct Ferries Ltd, 2-3 Three Rivers Business Centre, Felixstowe Road, Ipswich, Suffolk, IP10 0BF, United Kingdom. You don't accept the NatWest card by paying , last time I make wrong directions and I can contact nobody's to help to change my ticket , your application Direct Ferries is not helping and very hard to many questions ,fill the form.bla bla bla last time you told the ferry is in delay after is cancel I send the complain I don't receive notification.and more. Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information. We use dedicated people and clever technology to safeguard our platform. After over three weeks they have at first they don't know anything about, and just after that, they suddenly admitted that I have a ticket and everything is just fine. This company is totally unreliable and impossible to contact. Thank you for booking with Direct Ferries. Channel View Road Please don't hesitate to contact us, if you have any queries. Can I cancel them and get a refund? You can find the contact details of the local travel agencies in your booking confirmation email. With some ferry companies we'll be able to You can't even speak to a real person on the help/chat box. You should thus make sure that all details are written correctly. Your help will truly be appreciated. They send Google link with location but doesn't work on my phone or computer. I emailed them and said if they were transferable and could be part of my estate in the event of my death that would have been acceptable but as they werent I wanted cash ! WebThough partners can still pick up riders from the airport, due to issues with overcrowding, partners must now be outside of the airport area in order to receive a request. Thank you for booking with Direct Ferries. Please note that a small cancellation fee of 6 (euros) per booking applies. This depends on the type of ticket you have booked, but in most cases you will be able to amend your booking. I was referring to the company changing their cancellation terms retrospectively. Will I get a refund if I cancel my booking? This website uses cookies to help us process your bookings as well as customise and improve your experience. Follow us on Twitter for the latest WSF information! Use our price finder to easily find ferry connections and the best available ferry ticket prices to suit your needs. It goes against our guidelines to offer incentives for reviews. Using their online form I contacted customer services, not once but half a dozen times, I received no response. These vermin are interested only in your money - not servicing customers. We've made every effort to ensure that our website is fast, easy to use and rich in information that you may need in planning your next trip including ferry company, route and port guides as well as in depth ship reviews from previous travellers. Is it worth pursuing this with my travel insurance company or will I not be eligible for a refund If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our. Thank you for booking with Direct Ferries. Just as a point we had terrible problems with A ferry and will never use them again. Brittany Ferries are really helpful. However after submitting your request our system is offering automatically some solutions online and the customer have a choice to close the ticket by finding solution online or to reply to that that the problem has not been solved so that our agent can handle it. The website was setup easily and everything worked fine. Well done Direct Ferries. Date of experience: August 08, 2022 Nick Farraway 14 reviews IT Updated Nov 1, 2021 Site doesnt worktry elsewhere Phone. Please don't hesitate to contact us, if you have any queries. I got the cash but obviously just the value of our cancelled tickets. Due to some recent backlash Holiday Extras are giving some customers refunds instead of vouchers but not all, likewise some holiday cottage rentals have become a bit more lenient. Incredibly unhelpful. Holidaymakers struggle to get refunds. 99% of travellers recommend this experience. 80-88, 117 41, Athens (Mon-Fri, 08:00-18:00 and Saturday 10:00-15:00). Find out how we combat fake reviews. WSF is the largest operating public ferry system in the US! shocking service. Companies can ask for reviews via automatic invitations. Emirates Stadium and Arsenal Museum Entrance Ticket Including Audio Guide, Leeds Castle, Canterbury Cathedral and Cliffs of Dover Custom Day Trip, Stonehenge Inner Circle Access Day Trip from London Including Windsor, Burnings, Butchery & Black Death: A Walking Tour of London's Bloody Past, Private Tour: Harry Potter Black Taxi Tour of London, James Bond Film Location Walking Tour in London, Private Tour of London Center plus optional Changing of Guard, Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. Thank you for contacting Direct Ferries to request a cancellation to your booking DFP*****8 with Brittany Ferries on 08/04/2020. In case you would like your request to be processed outside our working hours and your departure is coming up, we kindly ask that you visit a local travel agency that collaborates with the ferry company you are traveling with and they will be able to process your request. pack jumper cables, ice scraper, warm clothing, snacks and water. Will never use again Date of experience: December 21, 2022 Reply from Direct Ferries You can also request amendments through our customer service team either by email or phone, however these have a higher amendment fee. I understand that the booking is no refundable however, given the situation I am in, I have no option but to request your compassionate and sensitive approach to my situation and grant me a refund. Way better to just buy the tickets directly from the ferry companies themselves! I wasn't happy then but it was very hard to get in contact with anyone to discuss so let it go. Went back and forth for days but they have refused to refund us since we managed to sail from Gili to Nusa even though this was with a different company at an additional cost, organised externally. I was unable to check in as the FRS website didnt recognise the details. Verification can help ensure real people write reviews about real companies. Ended up cancelling my booking completely as i couldn't communicate with anyone to explainmy problem. In addition all your emails, including the ones you sent from a different email address, were sent to us a month after the sailing date had already passed. DirectFerries.co.uk - the one stop ferry shop, a brand of Direct Ferries Ltd - all rights reserved. Find ports, routes and lots of useful information to help you plan your trip. Please don't hesitate to contact us, if you have any queries. Updated 20/12/2021 For all future bookings, you can rest assured that we are waiving all amendmentfees for 2022 travel (up to 30th December 2022), Covid-19 For all future bookings, you can rest assured that we are waiving all amendmentfees for 2022 travel (up to 30th December 2022), so you. We are very sorry about the issue, but can you please double check and provide us the correct reference number of the booking so we can have look in to this and handle your complaint. Your booking was made a week before the departure but you have only contacted us about this 2 weeks after the departure. You can request a cancellation either through the My Bookingsection on our website or by completing our online contact form. WebUpdate booking to add or remove feet to vehicle length (for vehicles more than 20 ft. long only): pay or receive refund for any price difference subject to space availability. Dear Stewart, Thank you for contacting us. The costumer service is unhelpful, as they cannot do anything about it, even though I described my whole situation. Just going round and round in circles with their staff via email. All the above incident has been recorded with the police. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews. Can I convert my ferry ticket to an open ticket? Anyone affected by the cancellations will be able to claim a full refund or amend their travel dates. This number is based on the percentage of all Tripadvisor reviews for this product that have a bubble rating of 4 or higher. Thanks. You can also cancel your booking through our customer service team either by email or phone, however there is a higher cancellation fee for these requests. It is important to be careful when you fill in the passenger details during booking in order to avoid typos and spelling mistakes. The transaction was quoted in dollars and as I was in Barbados I presumed it was in that currency so I paid $1400. Dear customer, Many thanks for your review!