As Senator Chris Coons told The New York Times, "Val was the critical anchor who helped Joe decide he was going to remain in the Senate, and to decide he was going to go on with life. Valerie Biden Owens's husband, John Owens or "Jack," sent an email to Hunter in 2014 to get help in China. Alex Murdaugh sentenced to life in prison for murders of wife and son, Biden had cancerous skin lesion removed last month, doctor says, White supremacist and Holocaust denier Nick Fuentes kicked out of CPAC, Tom Sizemore, actor known for "Saving Private Ryan" and "Heat," dies at 61, Biden team readies new advisory panel ahead of expected reelection bid, At least 10 dead after winter storm slams South, Midwest, House Democrats unhappy with White House handling of D.C.'s new criminal code. Our editors handpick the products that we feature. And while I was in Washington or on the road, Val was there every day." Today, they have three children, per her bio. Chi Nguyen-Zeh whose post has been shared more than 1,200 times has not responded to requests from USA TODAY for comment. BIDEN INC.: Biden's sister to keep cashing in on brother's career with Quotes displayed in real-time or delayed by at least 15 minutes. It was called family.. Time is of the essence here. Hannah Bleau. Fact check: No, Joe Biden's brother-in-law does not own - Yahoo! "Valerie was absolutely incredible in running his campaign. You've successfully subscribed to this newsletter! [21], Owens' first husband was Bruce Saunders, whom she married shortly after graduating college. Valerie Owens is Joe Biden's sister. A little over a year later, Owens was appointed to a four-month ceremonial position serving as "an Alternate Representative of the United States to the 71st Session of the General Assembly of the United Nations," which paid approximately $26,000. The car was struck by a truck. Owens' rsum includes many impressive political positions, including, as her official bio states, being "one of the first women in the United States to have managed a modern U.S. Senatorial campaign, as well as a Presidential campaign.". Valerie sits on the . The book includes a childhood photo of her, Joe Biden, their two brothers, and their mother on the book cover. Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden hugs his sister Valerie Biden before getting into his motorcade at New Castle Airport on October 27, 2020. [4][5], She was born the daughter of Catherine Eugenia "Jean" (ne Finnegan; 19172010) and Joseph Robinette Biden Sr. A spokesperson for Dominion Voting Systems confirmed to Reuters via email that the Stephen Owens has no family ties or business affiliations with Valerie Biden Owens. Backing Biden: President's sister recounts their bond and unbreakable Fact check: Hugo Chvez's family does not own Dominion Voting Systems. As The New York Times reports, he had something to say about all of her potential boyfriends while at the University of Delaware. (AP Photo/Jacquelyn Martin). Click here to Start FameChaining. Politics Writer - PEOPLE. You cansubscribeto our print edition, ad-free app or electronic newspaper replica here. Perched on a chair pulled before a crackling fireplace in Joe Biden's office at the . Jack Owens & Valerie Biden Owens Married, Children, Joint Family Tree In 2016, she served as U.S. Senior Advisor to the United Nation, and has worked with Womens Campaign International. She was an absolutely incredible person," he gushed. Valerie Biden Owens (November 5, 1945) is an American political strategist, campaign manager and former educator.She is the younger sister of Joe Biden, the 46th and current President of the United States.In 2016, president Barack Obama nominated her Alternate Representative of the United States to the 71st Session of the General Assembly of the United Nations. Valerie and her husband were looking to expand his telemedicine company into China, but he needed a Chinese business license secured very quickly.. Valerie Biden Owens Physical Status. The March 2015 email exchange between Missy and Hunter came in response to a White House press release announcing that Hunters longtime business partner, Eric Schwerin, was appointed to the Commission for the Preservation of Americas Heritage Abroad. The Bidens attend the wedding of nephew and former "Real Housewives of Could Robert F. Kennedy Jr. Be The Democratic Nominee. But she can also look him in the eye and say, Dont do this. She can tell him the stuff that nobody wants to hear. During Bidens second presidential campaign in 2007 and 2008, Owens served as her brothers national campaign chair. I was building the campaign for Joe," Owens recalled of the campaign. When their marriage didn't work out, Biden introduced her to her next husbandhis best friend from Syracuse Law School, John "Jack" Owens. 2021 CBS Interactive Inc. All Rights Reserved. Growing Up . Here's Why The Bidens Attended A 'Real Housewives' Star's Wedding He did not let somebody else's opinion of him and description of him as a lesser person define him," she elaborated. Asked to define "the Biden way," she also shared how her parents put great emphasis on respect, saying, "Mom and Dad told us that the most important thing in life was family and that it was our job to take care of each other." According to Biden, the date was a disaster. Her strength, which was immeasurable, will live on in all of us." . Explore how the celebrity world connects. "How did he/we find that one, and do you think we can find something for my mom?" This article was produced by the Reuters Fact Check team. Eric asked for one of these the day after the election in 2008. We may earn commission from the links on this page. Market data provided by Factset. This all translates into a need for a Business License, and one secured very quickly, Owens wrote. Content may not be reprinted or republished. Valerie's other daughter, Casey, also got a job in the Obama-Biden administration, serving as a special assistant to the senior coordinator for China at the Treasury Department for over two years. Remembering Biden's '72 U.S. Senate run, Owens recalled (via BuzzFeed News) how folks "did believe at the time [] that a woman's role in a campaign was to open and close the headquarters and to get coffee." This content is imported from poll. As The New York Times notes, their collaboration began when she managed his campaign for high school class president and never stopped. But as Ted Kaufman, who has worked with Biden since the '70s, said in his Oral History Interviews, she was made for the role. There is no relationship with Stephen Owens, co-founder of a private equity firm. The post shows a photograph of Biden with Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti, who is not his brother-in-law. And I said, 'I don't know, Joey.' Near the end of the Obama-Biden administration, Missy reached out to her first cousin and then-Vice President Bidens son, Hunter Biden, about helping her mother get a position in the administration, saying it would be "good for her" and that she "needs it more than I do right now," according to emails reviewed by Fox News Digital. [1], Owens has played a substantial role in all of her brother's political campaigns. Fittingly, she is the vice chair of the Biden Institute at the University of Delaware, and is the vice chair of the Biden Foundation. Owens then worked at Coca-Cola in its government relations department for a decade, including while the company was reportedly lobbying against a bill cracking down on the use of Uyghur forced labor in China. The pair divorced and Owens soon found love again with Biden's best friend from law school: John T. Owens. [8], After college, Owens was a teacher at Wilmington Friends School before focusing on politics. Jimmy told me," she admitted. In response, Hunter forwarded the request to his business partners with close ties to the Chinese communist government. The one-sentence post said: By. Growing Up Biden: A Memoir: Owens, Valerie Biden - Amazon.ca January 11, 2021 at 11:15 a.m. EST. Our fact check work is supported in part by a grant from Facebook. During Bidens second presidential campaign in 2007 and 2008, Owens served as her brothers national campaign chair. In 2008, Owens gushed (viaThe New York Times), "He's been my best friend all my life" and later told PBS' Frontline, "From the time that I was a little girl, my big brother Joey took me with him wherever he went [] I was fast and furious, keeping up with him." First published on October 11, 2021 / 1:51 PM. Published on October 11, 2021 05:36 PM . She would later work up the corporate ladder at Starbucks, where she is now a vice president. President Joe Biden and First Lady Dr. Jill Biden attended Owens' Monday nuptials in Pennsylvania. On behalf of the Biden family, Valerie Biden Owens has requested that, in . Hair Color: Brown. No, Joe Biden's Nephew Doesn't Own Dominion Voting Systems He fell in love with her very quickly, and she fell in love with my brother," she continued, adding, "She made my brother whole." But Jill filled them with grace, without skipping a beat. It is unclear if AnyHealth Shanghai is the same company referenced in the emails. WHITE HOUSE LAWYERS TELL MEENA HARRIS TO STOP USING AUNT KAMALA TO BUILD BRAND: REPORT, Transition team lawyers for the Biden-Harris team reportedly told Vice President Harris's niece she could no longer write new books with Harris's name or likeness. The mother and 1-year-old girl, as well as sons Beau and Hunter, were shopping for a Christmas tree . Biden's Sister Wanted Everything Trump 'Touched' Out of Oval - Insider The small wedding took place at the groom's childhood home in Kennett Square, Pennsylvania, the home of the president's sister, Valerie, and her husband Jack Owens. The book includes a childhood photo of her, Joe Biden, their two brothers, and their mother on the book cover. Valerie Biden Owensand John Owens have three children Valerie James Owens, Cuffe Biden Owens and Catherine Eugenia Owens, according to a statementfrom Joe Biden's office when he was vice president.