Most importantly, though, per the federal prosecutors, she helped Larry channel $2.5 million from her once-roommate and friend. Legal documents show that Larry Ray, daughter Talia, Isabella and others were still living together in 2017. With Ray that night, and taping the incident with an audio recording, was Pollok. During a press conference, the mayor said his words about not believing in the separation of church and state were just his own beliefs. In the recording, the listener can hear Ray instruct Pollok to hand her that bag. A woman who referred to herself as Sarah Lawrence 'cult leader' Larry Ray's 'wife' and lived with him and his co-accused, 'lieutenant' Isabella Pollok, has told jurors how her 'romantic . She is scheduled to be sentenced on February 22, 2023. Although Isabella will likely face jail time for her crimes, many people are wondering why Cynthia and Isabellas other family members didnt intervene from the beginning. That night, at the Gregory Hotel in Manhattan in October 2018, Ray ordered Drury to strip naked, tied her to a chair, put a bag over her head, choked her with a leash, smothered her with a pillow, and poured water over her, according to her testimony. The accusations include "helping [Ray] collect millions of dollars in profits from one of her former classmates whom prosecutors said he had forced to become a prostitute." Interestingly, Assistant U.S. Attorney Mollie Bracewell told the judge that, had the case gone to trial, prosecutors were prepared to introduce slew of evidence against Isabella ranging from financial ledgers to witness testimony. In 2010, Ray moved into his daughter's dorm room at Sarah Lawrence College, and started a s*x cult by manipulating his daughter's . It's reported that Larry, Isabella and another woman named Felicia Rosario are. Lawrence Ray Allegedly Forced Santos Rosario To Wear Diaper - Yahoo! . Pollok taunted Drury during the torture session, calling her a faker and telling her the water was room temperature, she testified. Thanks for contacting us. It was up to Judge Lewis Liman to decide how much her psychological duress contributed to her participation in sadistic crimes. "The Government does not dispute that the defendant also suffered at Ray's hands," prosecutors said in a separate letter to a federal judge. Topic (s): Violent Crime Human Trafficking Component (s): Social media users have asked themselves just how Ray was able to pull off the unthinkable. An indictment unsealed in January of 2021 named Pollok as a co-defendant who willingly joined Ray's "criminal scheme," according to the New York Times. Check out never-before-seen content, free digital evidence kits, and much more! Larry Ray's alleged 'lieutenant' Isabella Pollok is awaiting her sentence Documents obtained by Law And Crime claim that Pollock was indicted in Ray's case around January 2021 on. Ray recorded false confessions from his other victims, which he kept as blackmail material. In 2011, Ray moved into a one-bedroom apartment with Talia and several friends, including Pollok, where he continued to subject them to physical and emotional abuse. Who is Isabella Pollok? Isabella Pollok of Sarah Lawrence sex cult under Larry Ray sentenced This trust became a sort of blind faith. This story has been shared 135,794 times. Drury, who felt the worst brunt on Polloks exploitation, appeared to agree in a letter to the court. She had problems that he could help her talk through. Isabella Pollok, a former Sarah Lawrence College student who fell under the influence of sex cult leader Larry Ray was sentenced to more than four years in prison Wednesday for conspiring with the fiend as he carried out the abuse of a group of young people. After all, shed not just lived with Larry in several areas around New York, New Jersey, and North Carolina but had also assisted him in his schemes of sexual and psychological abuse. In 2020, the story led to charges against Ray and his co-conspirator Isabella Pollok one of those long-ago sophomores and Talia's best friend who collected the cash and was Ray's lieutenant. It was back in the fall of 2010 when 19-year-old Isabella first came across 50-year-old Larry as her best friend and roommate Talia Ray's father, only for their bond to soon evolve into much more. Hulu's 'Stolen Youth' Details a Cult at Sarah Lawrence College Where Is the Man Behind It? At the request of her defense counsel, Judge Liman recommended that Pollok serve her sentence at a Federal Prison Camp Alderson, a minimum security womens facility in West Virginia. In a tearful statement before she was sentenced, Pollok who will also be required to serve three years of supervised release after she completes her prison term said she supported Ray because he controlled me in ways I cannot understand.. And now there is the Isabella who is before Your Honor prepared to be sentenced. They complied. [Larry's] hold over me changed who I was and it continues to be a healing process. Thats very different from saying, I will.'. As damning as Polloks participation in Rays horrific abuse was, the sentencing hearing hardly provided the sense of clear moral victory felt after Rays sentence was announced. Isabella Pollok, one of the Sarah Lawrence students who fell under the influence of Mr. Ray, pleaded guilty to conspiring to launder money, after being accused by prosecutors of serving as the man . A U.S. District Court judge handed down the sentence to Isabella Pollok, 31, in a Manhattan federal courtroom on Thursday afternoon. I know this request comes late. What I want is to see her heal, process, move on and live a good, happy life, Drury wrote in a letter to the judge before sentencing. She did what Ray conditioned her to do, Shellow said. Prosecutors had previously painted Pollok as someone who held a "privileged position within the Ray Family, acting as Ray's lieutenant, with respect to his extortionate demands for financial payments, physical labor, and prostitution, and in laundering the criminal proceeds of extortion and sex trafficking through bank accounts and GoDaddy," per. Ray, 62, drew the group of young adults into a cult-like family after moving into his daughters Sarah Lawrence dorm room in 2010. Isabella Pollok and Felicia Rosario, both of whom . AUSA's first line:"On Oct. 16, 2018, Lawrence Ray went to a midtown motel. According to Law And Crime, she pleaded guilty to a single Isabella Pollok, 'Trusted Lieutenant' in Sarah Lawrence Sex Cult Nearby, Felicia and Yalitza Rosario, two of Rays victims, watched quietly. After the jury found Murdaugh guilty of murdering his wife and son, he was given two consecutive life sentences. She was reportedly best friends with Talia, the daughter of prime accused Lawrence 'Larry' Ray. Fox News Is Reportedly Shadowbanning Donald Trump. Things you buy through our links may earn Vox Media a commission. Nowhere is the lab-leak debate more personal than among the experts investigating the origins of COVID. In a purported effort to prove to Levin that he wasnt gay, he made the young man put a giant dildo in his mouth, witnesses recounted. Just about anyone who read our 2019 cover story, or followed coverage of Rays trial, or watched Stolen Youth, the new Hulu documentary in which Pollok participated, could see that Pollok was utterly brainwashed by Ray. Victim and accomplice. Your crime was an extremely serious one, U.S. District Judge Lewis Liman declared, noting that it lasted a long time, caused immense harm to the victims, and involved sadistic violence. There is the awed protg. Isabella Pollok, one of the Sarah Lawrence students who fell under the influence of Mr. Ray, pleaded guilty to conspiring to launder money, after being accused by . 'Stolen Youth' Director on Importance of 'Not Judging' Larry Ray's Victims WATCH LIVE: Ex-boyfriend on trial for allegedly killing womans new beau, WATCH LIVE: Psychic on Trial in Spousal Swindling Case, WATCH LIVE: XXXTentacion murder trial 3 men charged in 2018 shooting death of rapper, Law&Crime Looks Ahead to 10 Remarkable Criminal Trials Scheduled for the First Half of 2023, 9 Shocking Times Defendants Testified at Trial, A bald Alex Murdaugh appears in booking mugshot after hes sentenced to two life terms for killing wife and son, Im a father and I couldnt do this: Florida man convicted of murdering almost 3-month-old baby boy, Jan. 6th rioter who stole Officer Michael Fanones badge following Capitol assault pleads guilty, Former reality TV star gets life sentence for murder-for-hire plot targeting nephew, We really thought she was dead: Long-missing Pennsylvania woman discovered alive in Puerto Rico after 30 years, Accused polygamous cult leader Samuel Batemans next indictment could name additional defendants, feds say, Devil in the Dorm: Episode 4, Confessions, is released on Wondery+, Lori Vallow and Chad Daybell appear in court as defense and prosecutors signal intent to argue about religion during triple murder trial, Sign up for the Law&Crime Daily Newsletter for more breaking news and updates, 'I'm a father and I couldn't do this': Florida man convicted of murdering almost 3-month-old baby boy, Jan. 6th rioter who stole Officer Michael Fanone's badge following Capitol assault pleads guilty, 'We really thought she was dead': Long-missing Pennsylvania woman discovered alive in Puerto Rico after 30 years, 'Things went horribly wrong': Devastated family sues mortuary over wrongful cremation, First survivor to go public against cult leader Larry Ray explains how horrific videos of his abuse became tool of empowerment, Devil in the Dorm: Episode 3, Forced Labor, is released on Wondery+, Sarah Lawrence Sex Trafficker Larry Rays Lieutenant Isabella Pollok Tells Judge Shes Also His Victim. Pollok admitted that she laundered the loot, and a jury heard that she participated in what prosecutors called Drurys long night of torture.. Isabella Pollok was accused of conspiring with Larry Ray. Isabella Pollok's Mom Talks About Her Sex-Cult Involvement They had written a letter to the federal judge in the case in the weeks leading up to her sentencing pleading for leniency. Mike Pences 2024 Strategy Totally Depends on Iowa Evangelicals. The Government does not dispute that the defendant also suffered at Rays hands, federal prosecutors wrote in the submission. Who is Isabella Pollok? The sport desperately needs to change, no matter how loudly purists complain. He called a significant sentence of imprisonment necessary, and his sentence fell just shy of the 5-year maximum sentence under her count of conviction. Some of Rays stories, like his supposedly crucial role in ending the Kosovo War, were tall tales and exaggerations; others, like his ties to ex-New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani and former Russian President Mikhail Gorbachev, checked out. Pollok is currently being investigated as Ray's co-defendant, and prosecutors previously described her as Ray's "trusted lieutenant," per the New York Times. For Americas wage laborers, a 32-hour workweek is less of a beautiful dream than an oppressive reality. Ray, who was sentenced to 60 years in prison in January, was introduced to his victims after moving into his daughters on-campus dorm at Sarah Lawrence College in 2010. She fetched a plastic bag for Ray to torture Drury, and a sex toy to aid in the public humiliation of another former roommate. . New York woman gets 4 1/2 years for role in Sarah Lawrence sex By Dorian Geiger During her trial, Isabelle admitted to prosecutors that Talia and Ray had become her lifeline at Sarah Lawrence after Polloks tough childhood in Texas. Ray also made Felicia Rosario whom he didnt marry but called his wife another lover, and routinely blurred sexual boundaries with his followers. A recording of the night of terror was played to the jury at Rays trial. He is the host of Law&Crime podcast "Objections: with Adam Klasfeld.". Kultleder Larry Ray ble funnet skyldig i menneskehandel, utpressing . Ray as a monster, didnt dispute Polloks own victimization in the case, but noted she was also complicit in Rays campus sex ring at the esteemed liberal arts college. Isabella Pollok Facing Charges in Sarah Lawrence 'Cult' Case - The Cut It runs through Iowa following the course set by Huckabee, Santorum, and Cruz. Santos recalls how reclusive Pollok, reeling from a breakup, seemed "vibrant . Culture Interview True Crime TV Hulu. When Larry Ray first came into the lives of his daughter Talia's college friends in 2010 he presented himself as a confidant, someone who could be trusted . He mentally and physically tortured the group of young people for nearly a decade and extorted huge sums of money from them, prosecutors showed at his Manhattan federal trial. Drury testified that they ate burgers and fries from the nearby Starlight Diner, but left her hungry. Stolen Youth: Inside the Cult at Sarah Lawrence is streaming now on Hulu. Isabella Pollok and Larry Ray (Photos via DOJ) To date in the saga of convicted sex trafficker Larry Ray, federal prosecutors charged only one person as his co-conspirator and referred to her as his " lieutenant ": Isabella Pollok, his daughter's best friend. Larry Ray was sentenced to 60 years in prison for sex trafficking and other crimes involving his daughter and friends. It took my breath away, and I had a connection to Sarah Lawrence that made it that much more difficult because my sister graduated from Sarah Lawrence and I spent a year there.. Prosecutors had previously painted Pollok as someone who held a "privileged position within the Ray Family, acting as Ray's lieutenant, with respect to his extortionate demands for financial payments, physical labor, and prostitution, and in laundering the criminal proceeds of extortion and sex trafficking through bank accounts and GoDaddy," per sentencing documentscited by PEOPLE. Ray had pulled Polloks hair, hit her, and locked her outside in the cold of winter. A former Sarah Lawrence College student who fell under the control of convicted predator Larry Ray admitted on Wednesday to conspiring to launder money made from his sex-trafficking scheme. Claudia Drury described how Larry Ray manipulated and tortured her, and led her to prostitution in the Sarah Lawrence sex-cult case. Larry Ray's 'aide' Isabella Pollok claims she was 'no less of a victim With the help and love of others I have freed myself from the past. . Cynthia Pollok has openly blamed Lawrence Ray for her daughter''s involvement in the sex cult. Isabella Pollok, 'Lieutenant' Of Sarah Lawrence Sex Trafficker Larry 2024 Polls Show DeSantis Cant Easily Knock Out Trump. "I am still a work in progress but know to the extent that I can make amends for the harm I have caused I am willing. I pled guilty because I am guilty. Her testimony sank Sarah Lawrence sex-cult boss Larry Ray. Read Claudia But I still say all of this is Larry Rays fault. Prosecutors identified Pollok as the woman who helped Ray torment Drury during a long night of torture at Manhattans Gregory Hotel in 2018. Polloks defense attorneys described a young college sophomore with a turbulent home life when Ray, then the 54-year-old father of Polloks roommate and best friend, moved into her dorm room and went to work on his awed protg.. I did want to [go to the trial to] see her in person because I havent seen her in at least 10 years I havent talked to her in at least seven., Cynthia continued, Isabella finally started to realize that being in Larrys corner is not going to help her. A former Sarah Lawrence sex cult member who prosecutors say fell under the spell of mastermind Larry Ray has been sentenced to 4 and a half years in prison.. Isabell Pollok, 31, pleaded guilty in . Each of these pickups reflects initiative, Keenan told Liman, adding that Ray and Pollok blew the cash on day-to-day expenses, as well as on pricey restaurants, hotel rooms and shopping sprees at Bergdorf Goodman. A federal judge has found sufficient evidence to name Sarah Lawrence 'cult leader' Larry Ray's daughter, Talia, as a co-conspirator along with his so-called lieutenant and co-accused Isabella . Inside Sarah Lawrence sex cult 'lieutenant' Isabella Pollok & Larry Ray MANHATTAN, NEWYORK CITY: Isabella Pollok, an ex-student of Sarah Lawrence College has admitted to aiding the father of a former classmate in laundering funds earned from extortion and pimping out young women he met after moving into their college dorm. All rights reserved. Earlier in the proceedings, Judge Liman remarked that Pollok didnt acknowledge the pain she caused her friends, and Polloks lawyers said she would do so in her remarks. Where Is Larry Ray From the Sarah Lawrence College Cult Now? Plays Incompetent Willy Wonka at CPAC. Ray faces a maximum of life in prison at his sentencing on Dec. 1. Isabella Pollok Gets Sentenced!", Roberta Glass True Crime Report, 28 Feb 2023 [00:28:27] "[NXIVM cult loyalist, Marc Elliott] gets punked [on H3H3 podcast]. Right-wing board to clamp down on woke ideology in cartoons. The government sees Pollok as Rays lieutenant, but Polloks lawyers see her as his once-brainwashed victim. Sarah Lawrence sex cult member Isabella Pollok sentenced to 4.5 years His reporting on the trial of Ghislaine Maxwell was featured on the Starz and Channel 4 documentary "Who Is Ghislaine Maxwell?" Ms. In March 2021, Pollok was charged with racketeering, extortion and sex trafficking conspiracies, to which she pleaded not guilty at the time. Claudia Drury's Harrowing Cult Story Was Documented in 'Stolen Youth' Where Is She Now? Victim and accomplice. I am truly sorry, she said as her voice broke and she sobbed. It also includes interviews with family members and others involved in the case. Larry Ray promised answers, peddling a credo of sexual liberation and the quest for potential. He also dazzled his young acolytes through his elaborate backstory boasting of connections to elite figures in politics, the U.S. military, and the intelligence community. Referring to the governments proposed five-year sentence, he added: To me, that sentence is vengeance, not justice.. Seeking a judges mercy, Polloks lawyers told a federal judge that she has now broken free from Rays cult and she now views her time spent under his thrall as the existence of a broken automaton., This prosecution reveals four phases of Isabella Polloks life: There is the damaged, lonely Sarah Lawrence College freshman, her attorneysDavid B. Bertan and Jill R. Shellow wrote in a 10-page letter. I will live with the guilt forever I am ashamed. With the help and love of others I have freed myself from the past. 'Stolen Youth's' Felicia Rosario Slams Larry Ray as a 'Remorseless Sadist' He glanced at his girlfriend and co-defendant, Isabella Pollock,. Conman who set up a cult in his daughter's college apartment and Shortly after his arrest in February 2020, Pollok met with the U.S. Attorneys office, who asked if she would voluntarily participate in their investigation, while also telling her they had enough evidence to charge her. This follows Isabella's original charges of racketeering, extortion, and sex trafficking conspiracies. Cyndi Pollok: Where is Isabella Pollok's Mother Now? Court documents showed that one student, Claudia Drury, was forced by Ray into prostitution to "pay damages to [him] that she did not actually owe." A U.S. District Court judge handed down the sentence to Isabella Pollok, 31, in a Manhattan federal courtroom on Thursday afternoon. It lasted a long time. So now, if you wish to learn more about the one individual to have undeniably helped him manipulate and control victims throughout his lieutenant, Isabella Pollok weve got you covered. Isabella Pollok Charged In Cult Case Alongside Lawrence Ray | Crime News Executive Producers Of Peacocks Sex, Lies And The College Cult On Sarah Lawrence Cult Leader Larry Ray, A co-conspirator of cult sex trafficker. Cynthia Pollok shared that she tried to take Isabella Pollock away from Lawrence "Larry" Ray. Pollok later confessed to assisting Ray in trafficking her one-time friend and roommate, Claudia Drury, as well as laundering millions of dollars of illegal income. Sarah Lawrence Cult Case: Larry Ray Is Set to Stand Trial - The New It caused immense harm to its victims, destroying lives in the process.. Offers may be subject to change without notice. Ex-Student Charged in Connection with Alleged Sarah Lawrence Sex Cult I did what they said I did.. Password must be at least 8 characters and contain: As part of your account, youll receive occasional updates and offers from New York, which you can opt out of anytime. Chilling video shows man randomly firing gun in the air on Canadian teacher with size-Z prosthetic breasts placed on paid leave, What's next for Buster Murdaugh after dad's murder conviction, life sentence, Sick trolls leak gruesome Maggie Murdaugh autopsy photo after it was accidentally shown on livestream, How a retired detective snared his seventh 'Torso Killer' confession, It's insane that NYers can use but not buy pepper spray for self-defense: Change this now, Madonna watches new boyfriend Joshua Poppers fight in New York City, Saving Private Ryan actor Tom Sizemore dead at 61 after brain aneurysm, How Ariana Madix discovered Tom Sandoval was cheating on her with Raquel Leviss, Max Scherzer's first look at the new pitch clock, Kellyanne Conway and George Conway to divorce.