The Train Drivers Academy was established in April 2019 on the request of the Department of Transport. A Virgin Trains Apprenticeship will see you shadowing current train drivers and station staff so you can gain hands on experience while developing your skills and building your confidence. Three of LNER's female drivers, left to right: Trudi Kinchella, apprentice Vandana Mungur and former neuroscientist Mena Sutharsan Mena Sutharsan, 36, did a BSc in biomedical science at UCL. Excellent professional communication skills appropriate in ensuring a safe environment. Higher level qualifications, such as degrees, are only acceptable if the qualification is predominantly in the subject of English Language or English Literature and/or Mathematics. LNER is on the hunt for its next batch of train drivers from the North East - but you do not have long to apply. Tomorrows Talent is our popular online work experience programme. To be the most loved, progressive and responsible train operating company, we must make a meaningful difference always doing what's right for our customers, our people, the communities and destinations we serve, the future of the industry we lead and the environment we cherish. Once you click Start Now' you will need to complete that test to ensure a fair approach for all candidates.Step 2. Can I work on my own Youll need to count the beeps you hear in low tones only. Any tips for the SJT questions as I was told they seem quite easy but they are quite strict as to what answers are correct. To complete this assessment, youll need to answer a series of multiple-choice questions around concepts like gears, pulleys, levers, force and movement, all relevant to the technical aspects of your role as a train driver. James Belfield IRTE EngTech - Train Driver Instructor - Northern | LinkedIn Why do you want to work for our company? Don't worry though, you will be guided by an experienced Driver Trainer, who will teach you how to apply your learning into the practical element of driving, embedding non-technical skills into your everyday working life. Our two-year Level 3 Driver Apprenticeship offers the latest virtual reality, immersive reality, and augmented reality training. London North Eastern Railway need to rethink their recruitment process especially the interview panel which is so outdated. Click here (Specification of apprenticeship standards for England (publishing.service.gov.uk)) to find out more about what acceptable qualifications can be submitted. Apprentice Driver Job in Newcastle Upon Tyne In the US, youll also take part in assessed group exercises. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other. After each image, youll be given a list of things that may or may not have been present. It may not display this or other websites correctly. Our new Azuma train has brought faster journey times, more space and greater reliability. As a train driver, your ability to stay alert at all times is key, and this is what this test is designed to measure. Are a better LNER because we genuinely look out for one another. Anyone know what theyre like to work for. Im not sure what the agreement is or when it runs out but it may need to be a new agreement once this mess is sorted. I completed an application on their website, then was invited to take an online interview where I answered around 5 questions. Five tips on how best to prepare for train driver tests 1) Study your preparation pack. Just answer HONESTLY and dont spend too much time thinking about each question. The process was very thorough and conducted very professionally from start to finish. By clicking Accept All, you consent to the use of ALL the cookies. Joined 31 May 2017 Messages 181. There were a few names on the invite to interview and just gathered it would be one of these. Get train times and book tickets, with the best LNER fares to London, Leeds, Newcastle and more guaranteed. It is split into three parts, the first of which focuses on auditory processing. London North Eastern Railway (LNER) is marking National Apprenticeship Week by celebrating the contribution of more than 80 apprentices who currently work across the business at LNER. You can change your choices at any time by clicking on the 'Privacy dashboard' links on our sites and apps. These are just a few, but hopefully, theyll help. Describe a time when youve had to communicate important information to a group of people? We anticipate that there will be further opportunities further down the line though, so watch this space.Step 5. Anna Maggs, who is training at York Picture: LNER. Vacancies for this apprenticeship programme are advertised as and when there is demand within the business, so register an account for alerts on when our apprenticeship opportunities are available! Have you applied for any other companies before hand or this your first try? Starting at level 3 and working all the way up to level 7, GTR's Team Leader and Management apprenticeships are perfect for those in management . LNER Careers LNER Careers, Jobs, Search and Apply lnerjobs.co.uk This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. You never know you might be ok bud, I dont think there be watched by anyone they just looking for key words at this stage. And give you the Northern experience - in every sense of the word. Now we're looking for the people who can deliver this, every day. Apprenticeships | Early Careers | Northern - Arriva Rail North LNER looking for Newcastle based apprentice train drivers with 28,000 They want to test your natural approach, not what you think they want to hear based on what people say on the forum. When I applied, it required me to upload my GCSE certificates there and then. In the months up until 2021, around 7,000 new vehicles are set to be introduced by train companies across the country. GCSE English and Maths (A-C) or equivalent. LNER is on the hunt for its next batch of train drivers from the North East - but you do not have long to apply. Youll need to list these in order of which you think most appropriate, to least appropriate. It does not store any personal data. authenticate users, apply security measures, and prevent spam and abuse, and, display personalised ads and content based on interest profiles, measure the effectiveness of personalised ads and content, and, develop and improve our products and services. They assess your ability to apply these skills under pressure, each test requiring both accuracy and speed under timed conditions. Through our exclusive partnership with Rail Adventure UK Ltd (previously known as SLC Operations Ltd) - a licensed rail operator and an ORR approved Train Driver Training and Examination Centre - we can arrange training and assessment in all aspects of Train Driving . "name": "Anna Maggs talks about her LNER apprenticeship", Normally you'll need to be over 20 years old to work on the national rail network or over 18 for the. This employer has not claimed their Employer Profile and is missing out on connecting with our community. Birmingham 14 - 15 an hour Full-time + 1 Day shift Requirements CPCS A48 Recruitment Consultant - Construction Eireann Recruitment Services Limited Hybrid remote in Northern Ireland 35,065 - 45,000 a year Full-time + 1 Monday to Friday + 1 Additional job details Driving Licence Hybrid remote In-person Urgently needed It is steered and managed by the Rail Delivery Group. A TRAIN company is looking for apprentice drivers in the North-East -and you don't need previous experience in the transport industry. The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional". Permanent + 1. It was very tough test. In section two, youll be shown a grid containing various pieces of information, much like a directory listing. I completed my video interview a few days ago, and I know it takes ages, but anyone have any experience with how long it roughly takes to have an idea? "publisher": { How is everyone getting on with the tests on the application? Those ads you do see are predominantly from local businesses promoting local services. We also collaborate with external partners to offer a wide range of apprenticeship opportunities in other roles. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Applications now closed, managed to get mine in just in time, does anyone know if they accept the psychometrics up to 5 years or do they a shorter time frame? People are nice though . Youll be given a series of prompts asking you to identify grid entries that match certain criteria. In almost all cases, the TOC to which you have applied will send you a preparation pack outlining the tests youll face, and the schedule for your assessment day. Do smarter business by doing the right thing for people and the planet. Rail company LNER is on the hunt for a new generation of drivers to join its team as part of the roll out of its new fleet of Azuma trains. You may even find it easier than anything you ever done before. Since we took over on the East Coast mainline, we've been changing the face of rail travel. London And North East Railway (Lner) Jobs in Newcastle Upon Tyne You have notbeen unsuccessful at psychometric stage within the last six months with any Train Operating Company. Under the Cookie information is stored in your browser and performs functions such as recognising you when you return to our website and helping our team to understand which sections of the website you find most interesting and useful. Hours will then be on a roster basis, Neville Street, Newcastle, England, NE1 5DB, Free travel on LNER trains for you and your dependants, 75% off other train operating companies (again for you and your dependants), Discounted international travel after one years service, Create an alert subscription based on this vacancy, Copyright London North Eastern Railway 2023. What do I know about the job Ah OK. Ten przycisk wywietla obecnie wybrany rodzaj wyszukiwania. The train company has opened up this year's applications for full-time. "uploadDate": "2021-02-16T14:11:17+00:00", They're the values that make us LNER. dedicated mentors. Diversity and inclusionWe are passionate about creating a diverse and inclusive workforce, representative of the communities we serve, and are creating ways to inspire diverse talent to join LNER. These cookies help provide information on metrics the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc. Practice working accurately at a speed that allows you to correctly respond to as many questions as possible. If so, they must have changed it within the last year, probably because most qualify with no intention of sitting that awful ICT course which shows you how to use a keyboard! To date, more than 500 teenagers living within ten miles of the LNER route have taken part in the programme which is open to 14-18-year-olds in Years 10-13 in England or S3-S6 in Scotland. This will take around 52 weeks to complete, so you will need to be aware that this fantastic opportunity comes with a lot of commitment. If you can travel to your designated depot within an hour, meet the required medical standards and are over 20 years old at the time of applying - then you could reach a salary of circa 70,000 within just a few years. It is looking to take on an apprentice train. answer specific recruitment queries if you are going through the application process. As the tests administered are designed to measure your natural capabilities, rather than learned knowledge, applicants are only permitted two attempts to pass the train driver assessment. In addition to those measured through train driver tests like concentration, motor skills, reactivity, awareness and problem solving youll also need a responsible attitude, understanding of safety and emergency procedures, flexibility and good customer service skills. Youll have two minutes to work through a single page, and will need to complete five pages in total. In fact, attempting to do so is likely to be detrimental to your score. Was actually quite easy and stress free had 2 attempts at each question to re do it, I applied online. By using our website you agree with our Location and salary information: Level 3 Train Driver apprenticeships are full-time, salaried roles. Before your assessment day, be sure to give your mind a break and get plenty of rest. Free travel on LNER + 75% off other companies' tickets (for you & dependents), Discounted international train tickets (after one year's service), 50% discount on LNER tickets for friends & family, Discount, savings and cashback scheme from top retailers, Host of training opportunities to help further your career, Rewards & awards to recognise when you shine. now picture one of them in particular who was unable to hide his every emotion. If you're successful, it will be back to school on an intensive training programme designed to give you the foundations to become a professional Qualified Train Driver. Ensuring that you work to the best of your ability during the intensive training period. Yeah I know what you mean! vocational training in the areas of the apprenticeship. Programme structure: Our Level 3 Train Driver programme comprises. Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. Join LNER and find out how we: Go further to care for our customers Are a better LNER because we genuinely look out for one another. Our recruitment process means you can be assured of an exceptional service. I'm sure I didn't see this request? If you have already completed Driver psychometrics within the last five years, we'll simply check they are to our standard and you will skip this stage. Train Driver Jobs in England - 2023 | Indeed.com You will need to achieve an ICT Level 2 qualification as part of the apprenticeship programme, unless you already hold an equivalent qualification. These courses are provided by local colleges or training providers and are in many cases free! "From studying in a classroom, sitting in a simulator, and then driving a real train, it is quite a journey. Ive been studying the standard types of interview questions but struggling to think of any others, aprt from: Why do I want to be a train driver Get train times and book tickets, with the best LNER fares to London, Leeds, Newcastle and more guaranteed. video interview, then group interview and then one-to-one interview. Train Driving Join the LNER Summer Academy | LNER - London North Eastern Railway OUR APPRENTICESHIP SCHEMES ARE OPEN! I think that the MMI is only slightly harder than the structured previously. This website uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the website. Building and maintaining productive and professional relationships with colleagues across the business. Do you have a specific TOC youre applying to? Speaking of overtime, out of curiosity, what is the overtime pay rate? You'll need the certificates, if you can't you'll be doing them as part of the apprenticeship. No idea. A period of mentoring, observation and assessment onboard. LNER looking for drivers in the North East - but you don't have long to Just couldn't get into it. Its situational judgment. } Questions at video interview and one-to-one interview are the same Apprenticeships at GWR | Great Western Railway Ive never done a video interview, but can guarantee I much prefer getting a flow with the interviewer face to face! If you haven't checked already there may be roles available - click here to find out. Career pathway: Once qualified, future opportunities include Driver Mentor, Driver Trainer and Driver Team Manager. Apprentices work in key areas of GWR; helping to deliver excellent service to our customers. Full details of vacancies in your location, how to apply and the selection process can be found on the LNER jobsite. Can you tell us a time when youve worked under pressure? programmes. MedicalAs always, there are strict medical standards to adhere to. Step 1. Additional job details. Youll need to have maths and English at GCSE grade 9-4 / A*-C (or equivalent) to start the programme. This will give the assessor insight into how well suited you are, both for the role and as an employee of the train operating company. I took it after a long night at work, so it might be the reason why concentration was difficult. Found it impossibly hard as the lack of response from anyone made it such an artificial situation I just couldn't get into a rhythm of answering the questions and ended up sat there in what seemed like endless periods of silence, culminating in stopping entirely and being unable to record any more. lnerjobs.co.uk Good luck to those who apply . 61,739 a year. I interviewed at London North Eastern Railway (London, England) Interview I mean the whole process was very long and didn't make sense. Vacancies for our apprenticeship programmes are advertised as and when there is demand within the business, so register an account for alerts on when our apprenticeship opportunities are available! I interviewed at London North Eastern Railway (London, England) in Jan 2022. For example, in Australia, candidates are required to sit numerical reasoning, verbal reasoning and logical reasoning tests in addition to the specific train driver test suite.