Antidesma venosum I commend your great work of research. I will be glad if you reply. 1. Hardie, a Forest Officer at Sapoba Forest Reserve. I also thank you for your interest and for the feedback! Thanks. Find words and translations with Neem leaf in Nigerian Languages - Hausa, Igbo, Pidgin, Yoruba, English| Nigerian Dictionary Im sorry, but I dont understand your question. [email protected] thanks. Please try to contact Haoulat Ajihun (previous comment) maybe he knows! It is about the lifestyle, its not about only the skin. Ewe odundun (Kalanchoe Crenata) Your Message*God bless u sir, pls what are d yoruba names of these herbs :chasteberry, wild yam root, Tribulus, Yarrow, Dang quail root, Black cohosh root. Vitex also known as Chaste Tree Berry (Vitex agnus-castus), Thanks a lot for the work u have been doing pls what is Yoruba name for parsley. ahh! You should build your confidence first and try to find all the limits your mind has. The oracular reading involves throwing a handful of 16 kola nuts from the right to the left hand, 16 times, after which the right hand is checked to see whether an odd or even number of kola nuts remains. We were discussing the Baobab tree and its very rich resources. The Yoruba name for beet root is Isu Dandan or Alubosa Eleje the Onion that gives forth blood. i love tha so helpful. Its Hausa name is kwandari. The Yoruba believe that sickness is a whim or punishment of a specific god or ancestor, who must be identified and placated, or else is caused by witchcraft for which the appropriate countercharm must be employed. butchers broom Celery 10. Respect for family and ancestors is so deep that when Yoruba people die, they are buried under the floor of the family house. Allium sativum -Garlic - Ayu in yoruba. What is the scientific name of ewe tebaje. The Egyptians believed that the, A multicultural list Aesculapius Greek god of healing Agni Vedic god who caused fever Ashakku Babylonian demon of fever Eshu Elegba , Just want to thank you for this wonderful information about Yoruba medicine and Some herbs in yoruba language. Source: An Ethnobotanical Survey of Herbal Markets and Medicinal Plants in Lagos State of Nigeria (PDF)of yoruba names for herbs and plants. She can do this once or twice a week. In yoruba, Ashwaganda is called Baaka or ibaaka, even Ako bolobolo according to someone. I refer to the Research Note by O.A Akinpelu on Igi-nla, [botanical name Okoubaka aubrevillei] in Vol 75, pp 92-96. Below are some of the popular Yoruba herbs, their English names, and uses. Pls what is the Yoruba names for these so I can get them easily .golden seal root, dong quai, hawthorn, wild yam. Thank you for the great work you are doing. . May I know the local name for Persica seed, sage weed is called kiriwi or obatala or babaliaye, Please, what are the Yoruba names of the following herbs/plants? Bitter melon or Momordica charantia is Ejinrin were or ewe were in yoruba language. Nnchanwu is ogbo and zobo is hausa so is a lot of the other herb names from other tribes. Pls,what is english name for ewe tude thanks. **, Please what is the Yoruba name for high John root. the plants are majorly tropical and non-tropicals. Hello! I want to know the yoruba names for: I need your help sir, i want to know these herb in local language, kudzu vine and Hovenia Dulcis to yoruba language thank you and God bless sir, Please kindly help me out the English names of these plants they are: ipin and iyan, Comment: please sir am suffering from staph infection i dont know if you can help me with recipes, What is the English name for African crocus(Epakun). Your email address will not be published. Then do you know yoruba name for HOUSELEEK LEAVES? All the names of herbs and plants in yoruba language. What is the yoruba name for fenugreek seed or leave. Hope it helps. Sometimes called "the village pharmacy," neem is a unique medicinal plant in that all of its parts including its leaves, flowers, seeds, fruit, roots, and bark can be used (4, 5). The ooni added that the herbs can achieve the desired result when used individually or mixed together to produce an incense. Hello, Sesan and thank you for the interest. 5.Chamomile Please what is the native or Yoruba name of dandelion and soursop. They developed a shamanistic medical tradition utilizing both herbalism (practiced by the onishegun, herbal healers) and divination (practiced by the balabwo, priests of the Ifa cult.). What is the Yoruba name for rosemary plant. Taking 1 to 2 neem leaves per day or 4 ml of neem juice for about 10 weeks seems to be the safe dosage. The Latin name for ewe ojiji is Dalbergia lactea, the English name is Dalbergia. Neem is likely native to the Indian subcontinent and to dry areas throughout South Asia. Because of the . Some of you idiots put up signs like: Vernacular speaking is utterly PROHIBITED in this house! Vernacular? Keep up with your good work. Ginseng Thanks in advance! Hello, Olayinka. Orupa in yoruba language is the plant known as Hymenocardia acida. Antidesma vogeliana Please whats the name of Ewe Efinrin in English language. How can annovulation (absence of ovulation ) be treated naturally? The health benefits of neem in treating various ailments are well-known. WHAT IS YORUBA NAME FOR MINT LEAVE AND PARSLEY. Neem based pesticides are suitable for organic farming and for use in developing countries because leaf or seed extracts can easily be prepared without the use of expensive and complicated equipment. Yoruba word for zobo is Isapa/ Isapa pupa, Impressive jobs here! I need to know the vulgar name for dyschoriste perrottetii in yoruba is gbmopon but I need the common name. This is wonderful. Thank you very much. Cinnamon 4. Boil a cup of neem leaves in water till the leaves are soft and discoloured and the water turns green. . Pls keep it up, its so educative. At this time, there is limited information regarding known interactions with different medications because of limited human research. Kudos, What is d name of fenugreek seed in yoruba and it work, what is the yoruba and local name of origanum vulgare, This site is very very educative and helpful, The author had really help solved some of problems in herbal pharmacology by providing names both local and international. Carpet grass, English: The advice of the balabwo is essential to ensure that the correct procedures are followed. Hello, dear Jide. The case was treated as an emergency case by applying herbal remedies such as ointment prepared with palm tree. You can reach me on 08039282544. . Well, I was at a scientific meeting at one of the parastatals of the Federal Ministry of Science and Technology, Abuja with an Italian and some others in March 2006. Please, what is English name for isopa tree stem. @JC, i dont even know what to say to you. Fenugreek - ewedu in yoruba, hulba in Hausa. 120 Count (Pack of 1) 4.6 out of 5 stars 665. Massage and dietary prescription were applied. Ayurveda Herb template. Lawsonia inermis henna, cypress shrub, egyptian privet, alkanna laali in yoruba, uhie inine in Igbo. 3. Cistanche, Cnidium, Cuscuta, Damiana, Deer Antler, Eucommia, Fo Ti, Panax Ginseng, Pyrola Gee!! *****In responding to the persons who requested for Tribulus,,, it is INDIAN AYURVEDIC medicine, not YOBA or YORUBAIC Nature medicine****, wat is the Yoruba name for lactuca scariola and cichorium intybus urgent pls, Pls what is the Yoruba name for lactuca scariola and cichorium intybus. Good afternoon admin, please what is the name of cinnamon in Yoruba. Blue berry hydroxsitetrametil. Share photos and translations, record pronunciations, make friends. Some herbs in yoruba language: Basil plant - Nchanwu in Yoruba; Hibiscus plant - Zobo; . Neem leaf is used for leprosy, eye disorders, bloody nose, intestinal worms, stomach upset, loss of appetite, skin ulcers, diseases of the heart and blood vessels (cardiovascular disease), fever, diabetes, gum disease (gingivitis), and liver problems. What is fennel seeds called in yoruba,pls it is very urgent, What is the name for asparagus in any nigerian language (Igbo or yoruba). white radish whitening medicine But do not consumethese if you are pregnant or trying to . Skin and Blood. Its gonna help me find the sage leaf . Uziza is commonly mixed with the neem tree (Dongoyaro in Yoruba . Yoruba names for herbs and plants Nigerian medicine. Lico rice is oju olongbo red and black in color, Adupe lopolopo for the effort here and the presentation.I trust that your presentation would have perked the interest of many in Yoruba pharmacology. Basil Passion flower You mean this Saga Tree (Adenanthera Pavonina)? weldone for the gud work.pls I need d Yoruba name for vitex agnus. 100% Organic Neem Leaf Powder. I have never seen a thing like this before, I hardly pass a comment in a site, but if I dont in this one, then I am a terrible sinner. Hope to see you again! Fresh Neem Leaves and Chewing Sticks (Margosa or Azadirachta Indica Leaves) - 30 Stems with 150 to 210 organic natural leaves with 5 Fresh Neem Chewing Sticks. thnx, Hello, Okiki. Sir, We appreciate your work. In Nigeria, the scent leaf is common among the different tribes in the country. As I found, ewe ejirin is Ground Cucurbitaceae. It is called Dongoyaro in Yoruba. Some of youre irritatingly repetitive. Well-done. You can read more about pimples remedies here. Cures Acne. Cmon Shani, if you know so much where is your contribution. It also improves blood circulation and maintains oral hygiene and health. Your Message*please can you translate the Yoruba name for cinnamon leave and root for me, to join this wonderful group in other to increase my learning habit, i wish to belong in this wonderful group, what is the Yoruba name for ashwagandha root, good morning sir, pls what is the Yoruba name for muira pauma, What is yoruba name for golden chia? * Neem Leaf has been used in . Table 1: Ethnobotanical Studies of Port Harcourt Metropolis, Nigeria . 98 ($0.13/Count) Submit your answers in the comments section below, This post was last modified on December 27, 2022 8:32 am. Neem leaf in Yorb Language: Dgyr#learn #yorubatisawa #yoruba #neem #leaf #NeemLeaf #neemtree #plant #herbs #herbal #DogoYaro #viral #naija 3. please what is the yoruba name for acacia plant. Uziza is a popular local spice mainly used in Nigerian dishes. Please is there any home ready for pimples for a lady that is close to her thirties Tamarind - tsamia. Also is there a Yoruba name for Celery and Kidney Beans? But its considered a taboo here and can be easily labeled a babalawo just because you want to maintain good health. Hello, Mary. What is medicinal values of bitter melon to human existence? Chilli - Shombo in Yoruba. diemza, You now following I did not respond because I do not know the name Did you think about that? Air Plant, Life Plant, Miracle Leaf or Goethe Plant - Abamoda; Zingiber officinale - Ginger - Jinja, Atale in yoroba; Dioscorea dumetorum - Sweet Yam- Esuru; . Thanks. Thanks, What is the yoruba name for indian turmeric or goldenseal leaf and wild letusand pls what bot d yoruba names for chasteberry or vitex agnus and maca, Good work on here. There had been lots of misconception on it. There are also some other benefits. Pls in yoruba omisinmisin is of two type, Omisinmisin gogoro and Omisinmisin itakun ; pls which one is Licorise out of the two, Licorise (Licorice) has the latin name Glycyrrhiza glabra and in Yoruba is called likorisi ni. Note that the plant must be indigenous to Nigeria. The common names for Acacia nilotica are: gum arabic tree, Babul/Kikar, Egyptian thorn, Sant tree, Al-sant or prickly acacia. Over 75% of Ayurvedic remedies contain neem, usually in form of leaf (or extract), sometimes the bark/fruit/flowers, and almost never the oil. Hausa - Lemu. Hello! Yoruba name for cinnamon is igi adi dun or igi agbayun. Daisy. bugleweed Hybanthus Enneasprmus abiwere in yoruba Usolala-ocha in Igbo. AVOCADO PEAR PERSEA AMERICANA. 1. This information is so useful. Herbs are plants with aromatic or savoury properties that are used for medicinal purposes, as food spices, and also for fragrances. I dont think saw palmetto is indigenous to Nigeria. The short, usually straight trunk has a moderately thick, strongly furrowed bark. black walnut hull Fig is opoto, strawberries are sirbri, apple is apus, peach is pii. What is best herbs treatment for epilepsy, .my daughter of 15yrs just started it 7yrs ago. Now, a white woman is teaching your imbecilic children their mother tongue very soon, the Yibos, who are in their millions in Yorubaland, will teach your children about their language and culture. vernacular or Akan name for licorice herb, Your Message astragalus Thanks. Hi everyone. Thank you and you can reach me [email protected]. What is Basil called in Yoruba? pls what is the Botanical and yoruba name for Fenugreek Thanks real big Or Ad a gb yn oooo. You you have an oral herpes, then use a honey and propolis mixture. Add some water in your regular bathing water to get rid of acne, infection and body odour. Thanks for sharing this invaluable information May G-d Almighty grant you more blessing.Amen, please help me with this herbs name in yoruba or igbo any one: Please which plant is Green Gold and the botanical name is (Tribulus terrestris) some called it Gokshura, Your Message* plssss I need to know the Yoruba name for sandalwood.