New Idea 709 Uni System Forage Harvester with 868 Chopper and - YouTube My brother still has several 700 series, and one 800 series with the 5.9 Cummins he still uses. They picked and shelled a little corn for me too with the sheller unit. bit more of my thoughts. Plastic Mahindra Scorpio Diesel Filters 595/ Piece. Always had to make sure that one did not get a bunch of corn stalks packed in between the motor and the husking bed. New Idea UNI Power Units For Sale Waukon, Iowa - Dee Imp COMBINING OATS WITH THE UNI COMBINE IN HILLSBORO WEST VIRGINIA AUGUST 2011. Gold Demonstrators 1456 1026 826 656 544 gas utility, Nineveh, sc NY, on the mighty Susquehanna, farming, watching cows and crops grow, karaoke, fussing with/ collecting old farm machinery. They had just rebuilt the motor on it. The six row head was a Deere that picked a little dirty so the husking bed was overloaded somewhat. SKU: TE-4305OEM Common Parts Mahindra ROXOR New OEM . Jacks that were to lift the husker or combine would sheer a pin and fail to work, screen hole size to small around the motor and would let all kinds of trash in in front of the radiator, very small front and rear tires,way to much weight on the left side where the motor was, not enough weight on the right side, very poor in wet conditions, small rear tires would slide instead of turn in wet condition's, the list could go on for ever. Significance of Stripes. That 426 Allis was a good weight for the top of the scrap pile at the processor IMO. 1 day ago 24. The implements had jacks that were used to support the implements to change them. Bigger units would be much better I'm sure. NEW IDEA 10 Other Harvesters Price: USD $950 Get Financing* Machine Location: Wheeler, Illinois 62479 Condition: Used Stock Number: 2789 Compare Spiker Farms Wheeler, Illinois 62479 Phone: (217) 448-2005 visit our website Contact Us NI #10 Picker You are welcome to come, look at any item or pick up a purchase. A town near the old new idea factory here in ohio still has one with a big snow blower mounted on the front. He now owns 16 New Idea Uni-Systems, ranging from an early 1950s Minneapolis-Moline L to a 1981 802 with the 717 combine and 815 grain head. }, "name": "Yesterday's Tractor Co.", I worked at a dealer that sold them. It was a good setup for us in central MN dairy country. | Mea But combine was off centered. Was the snow blower an attachment offered,, or home made ? Then people learned/discovered Byron and Pixel machines. The six row head was a Deere that picked a little dirty so the husking bed was overloaded somewhat. Large harvesters with over 500hp engines can gobble up fields so fast, it is more economical to hire a custom operator. 1/64th scale New Idea Uni-System Power Unit Kit. It was a good setup for us in central MN dairy country. Hypocrisy Is The Tribute That Vice Pays To Virtue, Bose Acoustic Wave Music System Ii - Graphite Gray, Anatomy Of The Digestive System Exercise 38, Tranquil Moments Sleep Sound Therapy System, Ilive Ihtb138b 51 Channel Home Theater System, The Ultimate Manicure System Instructions. New Idea 800 Uni-System. We don't use any other attachments with it- it is used solely for picking ear corn. The House and Senate floors were both active with debate of weighty measures like Governor Kemp's "Safe Schools Act" ( HB 147) and legislation amending Georgia's certificate of need law ( SB 99) to . The coop here used to be a NI dealer, and they ran one of those blowers until maybe 10 years ago. gen2cummins: Posted 1/20/2013 15:51 (#2836226) Subject: New Idea Uni: God's Country, Iowa: These were before my time, and I would like to hear a little bit about these systems. New Idea Uni-Systems - YouTube. Farming with New Ida Uni-System Collection - Farm Collector Then a 708 with the Pukins in it. Edexcel A-Level Geography Past Papers June 2018 8GE0 and 9GE0. History Q A. Edexcel. Would like to it all go away. Dee Implement in Waukon Iowa doesn't budge on their prices, and they have every model imaginable, many of the smaller ones. One of my first jobs out of college was rebuilding a truflow v6 and a bunch of other things on a 705. Carl B. retired a few years ago from dairying and still lives on the same farm, but his son manages it now. I think it had a Ford diesel. The one I bought is a variable speed belt drive 706 with a diesel Perkins. I had driven a Uni 15 years ago picking seed corn for Kaltenburg seeds. There were a few around here, but most only used them for one purpose, and didnt bother with other attachments. "@type": "WebPage", Was the snow blower an attachment offered,, or home made ? Complaints I heard were about lack of traction and a bit under powered . Still have it and would like to see it go away. I'm killin for one, and people just scrap them up. Used to be a guy here in Ohio I believe that dealt in them and did well for several years. "width": 200, Liked by Nuzha Anam. GM 6-292, V6-401 gas, V6-478 diesel, Perkins AT6-354diesel, AC 3500 426 diesel, Cummins 5.9 turbodiesel were more common. We bought a new 702 (401-V-6) with chopper,combine,and picker in 1965 . Far as switching tools, dad had three boys to help so that didn't take long to remove the chopper and put on the combine or cage sheller. He picked some ear corn for me with a six row head and it really kept me hopping pulling and unloading wagons. They didnt handle mud very well, the rear wheels were narrow offset spacing, and the weight wasnt centered, so they really just plain sucked in a wet year, which is about every fall here. I attended some service schools at Coldwater, the rarest Uni was the Ford Turbo four cylinder if I recall. Most of the people had problems. Unis have been depreciated to nothing, but that doesn't exactly represent their true value as a piece of equipment. 220 Pine Street Advertisement: Published on Mar 22, 2018 by horsepowers. My dad is one of the happiest, nicest guys you'll meet. They did pick corn tons better than a mounted picker, and way faster than a pull type. They were used for sweet corn into the 90s or maybe 2000s around here in a big way. "@id": "https://www.yesterdaystractors.com/" Tractors, motorcycles, cars, trucks,things with engines, especially diesel engines. can tell more later. Also had a picker with a 2 row head. It was a good setup for us in central MN dairy country. Don't want to break your heart but the neighbor had a farm sale a month ago, had three 708 diesels they didn't even bother to get them running or move them to where the sale was, the scrap man cut them up. But unloading on the go. It would out cut a 403 IHC. New Idea 800C UNI. I did find that Minneapolis-Moline originally came up with the idea and produced the Uni-Farmer system in 1950. We probably would have had many wide-ranging conversations about farming, but specifically I would have asked about harvesting crops with the New Idea Uni-System. I once had a NI 701 with a 6-292 Chevrolet engine. had a ear corn picker. It did an excellent job but it could only handle a three row 30" head so it took awhile to get any amount of acres done. Step 1: Remove the fuel cap. Step 2: Place the fuel catching container bit more of my thoughts. It would really twist a combine. Too gimmicky. There was a toolbar available too, only one I ever saw was a neighbor had an eight row planter setup on his 702. He picked some ear corn for me with a six row head and it really kept me hopping pulling and unloading wagons. Neighbor had the full setup for cattle, (Picker, Sheller, chopper and combine) and he liked it. Add in the needed 4wd and stronger framing and they got pretty expensive. Now if John Deere would have licensed it from MM then every farm would have a new one today and it would be the greatest thing ever. . New Idea 709. Ran your butt off keeping up picking. FYI - I know of an auction here in SE PA where a 708 diesel hydro and a 6504 4-row corn head will be for sale in late March. That makes me laugh also i remember those very same words coming from my father and his uni he had when i was younger, just plain sucked if you couldnt fix everything and anything but its the best we had at the time. "author": { I posted here but it got . Also they were light in some areas. When turning pulling a wagon it was hard to turn because it swung a wide radius at the rear. Lamont, IA 50650, Questions? How many folks on here complain about changing 3pt implements and the hassle of it? One of their Unis burned up but that was not uncommon. BILL - Dad and his first tenant had a Uni-harvester for about 2-3 months one winter. 4 NEW IDEA Equipment in Linville, VA. 4 NEW IDEA Equipment in New Baltimore, MI. It is ASSUMED that he was given 39 because it was customary to give 40 lashes minus one (or 39). Blower was a real serious unit, not quite in the SnoGo category but much more than most of the 3pt units out there. Powered by Invision Community. I remember one of my friends was over when we were probably 16. TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. It did an excellent job but it could only handle a three row 30 head so it took awhile to get any amount of acres done. The American chevron is not a new idea. They have a for sale section for pickers & parts also. They set out to do lots of things and they never really ended up doing anything well. Oil Futures Gain despite Signs US Labor Market Overheating, WTI Gains as US Oil Exports Surge to Record-High 5.6M Bpd, Oil Futures Advance as Traders Monitor Supply Disruptions, High-Octane Fuels Legislation Still Alive in 118th Congress; Passage Still in Question, RFA's Cooper Says 2022 Banner Year for Federal Ethanol Policy, EIA: Ethanol Blending Demand Rebounds, Production Drops, USDA: $63 million Invested in High-Speed Internet in Four States, Farmers Learned Perspective and Built Networks at Beginning Farmer Summit, Three Young U.S. Kinda like having a mounted picker on a tractor to mount and dismount. View Details. A pretty neat video A pretty neat video A pretty neat video New idea My neighbor was a dairy farmer and they chopped corn with it for years but he never put up huge acreage with it, maybe 40 to 50 acres at most. Pa did a fair amount of custom work with it. All other trademarks are the properties of their respective owners. Still have it and would like to see it go away. New Idea Uni-Systems - YouTube. If you google corn picker forum it will take you to that site.