Illustrations by Melenani Lessett and Helene Iverson. Make yourself My fool. "No canoe is defiant on a stormy day. lelo Noeau are beautiful and thought provoking Hawaiian proverbs. E Ho`omau I Ke Ola - Environment Hawaii Through these cultural expressions of Old Hawaii, we are able to glean a deeper understanding of the everyday thoughts and lives of the Hawaiians who created them, implement these ideals into our everyday lives, as well as pass on these traditions to the next generation. The morning sun is used for navigation to determine the primary direction of east. In 1869, Hawaii was the only government from the Pacific area to attend a Paris exposition. Ke kai lipolipo polihua a Kane (1729). He kehau ho'oma'ema'e ke aloha - Love is like a cleansing dew. 'Olelo No'eau: Hawaiian Proverbs & Poetical Sayings. Oi kau ka lau, E hana I ola Honua -Live your life while the sun is still shining. Kahuna nui hale kealohalani makua Love all you see, including yourself. Flashcards. 'Olelo No'eau : Hawaiian proverbs & poetical sayings / collected 'Olelo No'eau - Kaiu's E-Portfolio I ka 'Olelo No'Eau : Hawaiian Proverbs & Poetical Sayings. This book is a treasure of more than 3,000 proverbs and sayings displaying the knowledge, compassion, foibles, humor, morality, and beliefs of the Hawaiian people. Ben Harper, A man ought to be able to be fond of his wife without making a fool of himself about her. - Mary Kawena Pukui, lelo Noeau No. Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection. "A person from the uplands, unskilled in paddling.". When a person is always busy, he is said to keep his palms down. See more ideas about hawaiian, hawaiian quotes, hawaiian culture. I ho'okahi kahi ke aloha - Be one in love. Remain among the clumps of grass and do not elevate yourself Stay Humble! Put forward the paddle and draw it back. The mother gave birth to an object . 96 Olelo no'eau ideas in 2022 | hawaiian quotes, hawaiian phrases 'Olelo No'eau | Halau Ka Lei Kukui Hi'ilani when they came near. A careful observer. E ho`a`o no i pau kuhihewa. Proverb: 'a ke kino o ke keiki i ka l'au. Translation: All knowledge is not learned in just one school. Ohana 'lelo No'eau: Traditional Hawaiian Proverbs About The Family April 19, 2016 / islandscripter E aloha kekahi i kekahi "Love one another." One voice is enough. E 'Olelo No'eau teaches us that Hawaiian knowledge is embedded . A courageous person. This extraordinary collection of Hawaiian sayings--collected, translated and annotated by Mary Kawena Pukui--offers a unique opportunity to savor the wisdom, poetic beauty, and earthy humor of these finely crafted expressions. Aloha kekahi i kekahi. Free delivery for many products! Work together. ukulele No Keia La, No Keia Po, A Mau Loa -From this day, from this night, forever more. When measured from its base on the ocean floor to the tip of the summit cone, Pu'u Wekiu, it is the tallest mountain in the world at over 29,500 feet. Happy Spring Break! A.G. Riddle If you aren't having fun, you are doing it wrong. I was referring to puzzles and the perusal of edifying texts. 'Ike 'ia no ka loea i ke kuahu. Explore. 1 episode. paddling together on command to reach their destination in the shortest To verify accuracy, check the appropriate style guide. [Said of active, quick-moving people.] 730 Cool 'Olelo No'eau ideas in 2022 | quotes, scorpio zodiac facts, words He kehau ho'oma'ema'e ke aloha - Love is like a cleansing dew. Land has no need for man, but man needs the land and works it for a livelihood. Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. He po'e ho'opiha wa'a (897) "Canoe fillers." Hahai no ka ua i ka ulul'au - Rains always follow the forest. Ke waiwai nui ka lokahi The Altar of an Expert. (LogOut/ Translation: Recognize others, be recognized, help others, be helped; such Go on with the task that is started and finish it. "I pa. Help others and accept help. He Mlama kekahi I kekahi "Ua ola loko I ke aloha." E aloha kekahi i kekahi; HE POH, O KE AKAMAI NO KE HANA A NUI. He poi na kai uli, kai koo,aohe hina pkoa - Though the sea be deep and rough, the coral rock remains standing. Olelo No'eau: Hawaiian Proverbs and Poetical Sayings Explanation: In their travels around the Pacific, the Hawaiians would pass Enjoy reading and share 14 famous quotes about Olelo No'eau with everyone. `olelo no ke ola, i ka `olelo no ka make. Learn. '0lelo No'eau: Hawaiian Proverbs and Poetical Sayings (Bishop Museum Press 1983) Selected by Melenani Lessett. especially applicable to the Hawaiians on their canoes where each paddler Said of great speed. Ke kai lipolipo polihua a Kane (1729). Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for 'OLELO NO'EAU : HAWAIIAN PROVERBS & POETICAL SAYINGS By Mary Kawena Pukui VG at the best online prices at eBay! anything you need. ke aho. Watch, observe. See more ideas about quotes, scorpio zodiac facts, words. Fast, accurate, and easy, Olelo automatically transcribes both sides of your conversation in a customizable easy-to-read format, using advanced voice to text for deaf and hard-of-hearing . Bibliographic information. And leave it to an adult to rationalize it in three: "It's a living. 1. HAW 488 'Olelo No'eau (3) Hawaiinuiakea School of Hawaiian Knowledge, Hawaiian (HAW) Survey and analysis of traditional proverbs and their kaona or symbolic meanings. In This Issue. Bertolt Brecht, It's a fine balance for an athlete in enjoying the moment and being really satisfied, say, with a run, and with your day, and knowing you can make it better in the future. Explanation: Many native Hawaiians live with their extended family and An expression of admiration for a person outstanding in wisdom and skill. Publications | Mary Kawena Pukui Cultural Preservation Society Hawaiians did. When one does little work, he should expect little gain. Kawena Puku'i has left a huge foundation for our generation to grow on and the 'Olelo No'eau book is a great part of her legacy. Editor. The aalii bush can stand the worst of gales, twisting and bending but seldom breaking off or falling over. Rumi, When your whole world is shaken from all the risks we have taken, Dance with me, dance with me into the colors of the dusk. 'Olelo No'eau Hawaiian Proverbs & Poetical Sayings, by Mary Kawena Pukui (1983) Mauna Kea is prominent in Hawaiian cultural and natural history. One only notices the many good things a person does when it is too late to show appreciation. Hawaiian Hula Proverbs / Sayings = `N `lelo No`eau Hula Punahele. (When the dew-laden breeze of the uplands creeps swiftly down, it brings with it the fragrance of the gardenia said of one who comes with happy tidings.) Translation: That the body of the child be solidly built by the medicines." Meaning: "A steersman for a stormy day." No one can work with the palms of his hands turned up. If you give a little do not expect a large return. Translation: The rain follows after the forest. coralheads would grow into a full islands and so comes the advice that we "Huli ka lima i lalo," can be used to encourage someone to work (help out). Test. -Said as a compliment to someone that is not afraid of work. The Voices of Our Kupuna and Kahuna Live! Hawaii Five-0 - arizonamoney.tibet.org 25 'Olelo No'eau ideas | hawaiian, hawaiian quotes, hawaiian culture "The sun grows." When the wick is small it gives a tiny light. Two stories were selected by their kumu for inclusion in Kaleinamanu. On | Privacy Policy Proverb: 'A'ohe pau ka 'ike i ka hlau ho'okahi. time. Today. E hea i ke kanaka e komo maloko; "Watch, observe. When the heaven weeps, the earth lives. pluck out a small number of tiny feathers and let them go. Explanation: The Hawaiian alii (chiefs) wore beautiful capes and headdresses Copyright 2023 Famous Quotes & Sayings. "I ola no ke kino i ka m'ona o ka 'p. When the auto-complete results are available, use the up and down arrows to review and Enter to select. Card Size: 4.25 x 5.5. 'Olelo No'eau - Leiloke Pacheco DP - Google If your comments are inappropriate, you may be banned from . 'Olelo No'eau: Hawaiian Proverbs & Poetical Sayings (Bernice P. Bishop "Here is the only space left, the moamoa (a projection at the stern of the canoe)." Olelo No'Eau: Hawaiian Pr - YUMPU Richard Branson, I'm in good form, taking no interest in things, neglecting clothes, meals, company, and feeling calm and stable as I write. E lauhoe mai na wa'a; i ke ka, i ka hoe; i ka hoe, i ke ka; pae aku i ka 'aina (327) "Everybody paddle the canoes together; bail and paddle, paddle and bail, and the shore will be reached. Mary Kawena Pukui & Dietrich Varez. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Olelo No'eau : Hawaiian Proverbs and Poetical Sayings by Mary Kawena Pukui (Hardcover) at the best online prices at eBay! Let the old men, the old women, and the children go and sleep on the wayside; let them not be molested. over time, like a coralhead, we will mature and be successful. 'Olelo No'eau Hawaii Vacation Aloha Quotes Mahalo Hawaii Hawaiian saying Positive Thoughts Positive Energy Positive Vibes Sup Yoga Wise Words Words Of Wisdom Aloha Spirit Mind Body Soul Inner Peace Affirmation - Aloha Spirit by CarlyMarie Hawaiian Lei Hawaiian Tattoo Top 10 Hawaiian Proverbs and Travel Quotes Hawaiian Tribal Hawaiian Man 'Olelo No'eau 'U'uku ka hana, 'u'uku ka loa'a. # 155 Posted in Hawaiian Words and 'Olelo No'eau | Leave a reply Weekly Hawaiian Word & 'Olelo No'eau. Pl ka nohona ohana. Ahonui - Patience; patient, enduring, long suffering; to tolerat. Translation: Little work, little gain. Translation: Only the blind gropes in the darkness. Author: Susan M. Weinschenk. In the language is death., O ka makua ke koo o ka hale. 'lelo No'eau Hawaiian Proverbs and Poetical Sayings. It's quoting time! careful with our words. Hawaiian art vintage inspired print - "Imi Ola" guidance to finding your passion and purpose on Etsy, $25.00, Learn Hawaiian Online | Fun Hawaiian Language Lessons. Ho'i Hou Ke Aloha - Let us fall in love all over again. Pl ka nohona 'ohana. Tweet 0. 5.0 9 Ratings; $19.99; $19.99; Publisher Description. Mary Kawena Pukui, lelo Noeau: Hawaiian Proverbs and Poetical Sayings. No ka lelo Hawaii. The little bend in Haalou (Bend-over), on the night that the nose is bitten. 'A'ohe hana a Kauhikoa; ua kau ka wa'a i ke 'aki (139) "Kauhikoa has nothing more to do; his canoe is resting on the block." words can either be a source for healing or destroying and so we need to be Book Synopsis. Explanation: In ancient Hawai'i, a kahuna 'ana'ana could pray someone to TimeWaver Coaching Analysis & Healy Sessions, Hawaiian Cultural Journeys, Sacred Ceremony, Sacred Sites, Products Highly Recommended Strengthen Immunity, Hawaiian Business Prosperity Blessings and TimeWaver Coaching Analysis, Online Healy & TimeWaver Analysis, Classes & Consultations Ho'oponopono & Ho'omanamana Distance Healing Zooms, Frequency For Manifestation Master Prosperity Classes, Free Weekly Miracles & Manifestation Healing Circle, I A M MILLION DOLLAR BILLS Collectors Item. Explanation: If you have no direction in life, you'll get nowhere or another Fast, Accurate, and Easy. Life and prosperity are in the care of the gods [The gods are said to reside in Kahiki. When one wants to dance the hula, bashfulness should be left at home. This 'olelo no'eau is from the Hawaiian Proverbs & Poetical Sayings book written by Mary Kawena Pukui (Citation). "Wield the paddles together." Pu`ai i ke aloha a. Kuka`i ia ka ha loa la. In their small groups, they discussed what each saying means to them, and also . E kaup aku n i ka hoe a k mai - Put forward the paddle and draw it back. Explanation: If everybody works together the work will be done quickly. E pane'e ka wa'a oi moe ka 'ale (371). (From the story of Pa'ao, who offered the moamoa to Makuaka'umana, a priest, on a voyage from Kahiki to Hawai'i. Nana ka maka; hoolohe ka pepeiao, paa ka waha, is translated as to see, know, feel, recognize, perceive, and experience. aku, `ike mai, kokua aku kokua mai; pela iho la ka nohana `ohana. The Altar of an Expert - Ka'iwakloumoku - Hawaiian Cultural Center Both stories are presented as submitted . MOVING FORWARD-`Olelo No`eau (Hawaiian Proverbs) #SHORTS "The seafaring noddy tem has returned to land, for a storm rages at sea." Flashcards. Touch device users can explore by touch or . The sayings were photos Ua ola loko i ke aloha Love gives life within. Some people can sometimes really invade your space and kind of never leave you alone. Olelo Noeau. "The stars are the eyes of heaven." Pae mai la ka wa'a i ka 'aina (2566). Touch device users, explore by touch or with swipe gestures. ", E ho'i ka wa'a; mai ho'opa'a aku i ka 'ino (286). "The koa canoe has departed, leaving the warriors behind." 'U'uku no ka 'uwiki, pipi no ka 'a ana. 1961: 'Olelo No'eau A Ka Hawai'i: Folk Sayings from the Hawaiian: Jane Lathrop Winne & Mary Kawena Pku'i. lelo Noeau A proverb is a simple and concrete saying, that expresses a truth based on common sense or the practical experience. Peculiar is the action of the sun in Mn. Explore. He hewa i Kapua ka 'auwa'a panana 'ole (1125) "The fleet of canoes without a compass landed at Kapua by mistake." Bishop Museum Press. With a beatific smile, Danny nudged the napkins towards Steve. Check out our olelo no'eau selection for the very best in unique or custom, handmade pieces from our shops. "A full sail helped him to arrive." George Bernard Shaw, I've gone where the hand of man has never set foot. There were two supernatural turtles who had come out of the ocean to Punalu`u: Honu-po`o-kea (Turtle-with-white-head), the mother; and Honu-`ea (Turtle-with reddish-brown shell), the father. The effort is a success. #movingforward #OleloNoeau #hawaiianproverbsHawaiian Proverbs Affiliate link: https://amzn.to/3vJ8SiDTo Support making more videos, go to: https://www.paypa. Olelo No'eau Card Pack - Etsy For them, it wasn't a proverb as much as a way of life. Open Preview. Quarter 3 was all about time-management, preparation, and being able to power my mind through every obstacle put in my way. Mai ka ho'okui i ka halawai (2059). The rain pours, life comes to the plants. Love is everlasting. The truth is, however, that the need to fit in and belong is wired into our brains and our biology." Go on with the task that is started and finish it. This saying teaches why Said by Holowae, a kahuna, to suggest that Kalani'Opu'u return to Hawai'i while there was peace. ;). Aloha Aku No, Aloha Mai No - I give my love to you, you give your love to me. The pristine beauty of the Hawaiian Islands is evidence of the power of these lelo Noeau. 0 m1 endstream endobj 73 0 obj <>stream Hu ka makani (1133) "The winds roars." Ua ola no i ka pane a ke aloha There is life in a kindly reply. Change). Traditional Foods and their Preparation for Voyaging, What Hokule'a Carries: Provisions for a Modern Voyage, Fish, Birds, and Mammals of the Open Ocean, Psychological Effects of Long Ocean Voyages, Hawaiian Terms and Phrases Used in Voyaging. Olelo No'eau - Etsy This saying would be Considered the finest ines compendium of traditional Hawaiian insight and lore handed down through generations of oral tradition. E OLA MAU NA LEO KUPUNA A KAHUNA! Top Olelo No'eau Quotes Some people can sometimes really invade your space and kind of never leave you alone. I "Make the canoe go back; don't insist on heading into a storm.". Johnny Carson, Back in 1992, I had my first story accepted by 'The New Yorker.' This ebook is available for purchase hereas an ePub. Meaning: A healthy diet is essential to good health. If only our scientists knew this when the ancient Sri. collected, translated, and annotated by Mary Kawena Pukui ; illustrated by Dietrich Varez. All eel that pulls off the bait; an 'a fish that nibbles it off. Olelo No'eau on Apple Podcasts K i ka mna we are like the ones we associate with and learn from. Translation: A man who calls birds should always be alert. Julia Louis-Dreyfus Leave it to a kid to sum up the state of my career so accurately in two words. "A noddy tern that treads over the billows of the distant sea." "The bird that calls the canoe to sail." Here are a few lelo noeau to help motivate and inspire you! This 'lelo no'eau explains that "it is what one does and how well he does it that shows whether he is an expert" in a particular area [1]. O ka ], He kau auane'i i ka lae 'a'a (677). A.G. Riddle, If you aren't having fun, you are doing it wrong. Learn. This 'lelo n'eau reflects me and my performance as a student during Quarter 3. Source: Mary Kawena Pukui, `lelo No`eau: Hawaiian Proverbs & Poetical Sayings Bishop Museum Press, 1983. Top 14 Olelo No'eau Quotes & Sayings Hawaiian proverbs and poetical sayings or commonly known as 'Olelo No'eau are one of the many ways in which the Hawaiian people kept their culture, their history, and their stories. `A`a i ka hula, waiho ka hilahila i ka hale. Touch device users, explore by touch or with swipe gestures. There, Hawaii displayed newspapers, Bibles, textbooks, books of law, agricultural products and other examples of civilization. An `olelo no`eau compares the fragrance of the gardenia to one bearing good news: Ke kololio ka hau o uka, ko mai ka nae `a`ala o ke kiele. Said of one who braves danger with indifference. Olelo No'eau : Hawaiian Proverbs and Poetical Sayings by Mary Kawena When the head of the sun is warmed by the sun. Hawaiian children began attending school and learned to read and write in the Hawaiian language. The sayings may be appreciated individually and collectively for their ae Let us be thankful for what we have God bless you all In Hawaiian language, "Live your life while the sun is still shining", Oi kau ka lau, E hana I ola Honua (life your life while the sun shines, Hawaiian proverb) #Hawaiiantattoos, Love Gives Life Within [Ua ola loko i ke aloha] Hawaiian Quote | Anneke made this with Spoken.ly, B E H A P P Y || #livewaiakea #behappy #gratitude. To sail across the sea. Steve jolted in his seat, coffee sloshing over the lip of the mug. mohala no ka lehua i ke ke`ekehi `ia e ka ua. Stop trying to be the sun and become a speck! Pre: 402 or consent. No ka lelo Hawaii - University of Hawaii Olelo No'eau Flashcards | Quizlet E hele ka `elemakule, ka luahine, a me na kamali`i a moe i ke ala `a`ohe mea nana e ho`opilikia. 'OLELO NO'EAU : HAWAIIAN PROVERBS & POETICAL SAYINGS By Mary Kawena Olelo No'eau: Hawaiian Proverbs and Poetical Sayings Mary Kawena Pukui (Editor) 4.76 89 ratings6 reviews Considered the finest ines compendium of traditional Hawaiian insight and lore handed down through generations of oral tradition. Uwe ka lani, ola ka honua. The knowledge of the parent is absorbed by the child. Gold foil. Proverb: 'U'uku ka hana, 'u'uku ka loa'a. Cards include envelopes. Said of one who remains calm in the face of difficulty. The Law of the Splintered Paddle, Chicago. (LogOut/ No Ulukau N Hoa Kulekele Hoohana Pilikino Hookaaike Kuleana kope Ho'i Hou Ke Aloha - Let us fall in love all over again. We are offering just a few of our favorite and hope that you will savor each of these finely crafted expressions of wisdom and poetic beauty. I ka 'olelo no ke ola, i ka 'olelo no ka make. Accurate call captions appear in real-time for free-flowing, natural conversation. He Mo'olelo no Kalakupua - Ka'iwakloumoku - Hawaiian Cultural Center He ho'okele wa'a no ka la 'ino (592). Today. Favored child. interisland trips, the two most important tools besides the sail were the "If everybody pitches in, the work is quickly done. There are over two thousand Hawaiian proverbs that have been passed down from generation to generation. Title. Hawaiian proverb: The stars are the spies of heaven Each of the wise sayings covers a wide variety of topics including family, relationships, battle, life, and honor. Samuel Goldwyn, There's not much to do underground besides train. Flowers thrive where there is water, as thriving people are found where living conditions are good. H_o0?MEJ6M4y)imoRA HOFcoOx"Ih2TrIeH>!b*9xxNMD 7HomX`L7jHbS8MIF}&HY.hHl&cescC+*|U2}o'(; -jl H0n^K)iRkZ qOO9z0@-X(",xhc1~qW!5|rE3l_GU. Once he had "Cross the sea like a bird." Qty 4 - Naupaka Card - story of naupaka included on a small kraft card with each order. Translation: y enjoys health when the stomach is well filled." "Ua ola loko i ke aloha. If You See Everything As Divine and Sacred, Learning Takes Place. Olelo Noeau: Hawaiian Proverbs and Poetical Sayings Pinterest. - Mary Kawena Pukui, lelo Noeau No. Hawaiian Words and 'Olelo No'eau | Hlau Hula O Noelani overthrown by the Americans in 1893. Translation: A coral reef (hardens/strengthens/sounds out) into land. Terms in this set (21) E lei kau, e lei ho'oilo i ke aloha. Ua mau ke ea o ka ina I ka pono - The life of the land is preserved in righteousness. Lyssa Horikoshi. . Haalou (1) 2540: O uakee nei i loko o Haalou, o ka p nahunahu ihu. 2019 Ted Fund Donors A cautioning to go carefully where one isnt sure of conditions. Said to young people to be prepared to weather whatever comes your way. Ku'ia kahele aka na'au ha'aha'a A Humble person walks carefully so as not to hurt others. Aunt Gracie said this all the time. `lelo No`eau Proverbs of Hawai`i - donch.com O ka makapo wale no ka mea hapapa i ka pouli. Olelo Captioned Calls on the App Store Ka manu kahea i ka wa'a e holo (1478). No Cost, Ever. He 'lelo Polenesia ka 'lelo Hawai'i i 'lelo 'ia me n 'oko'a li'ili'i wale n ma n mokupuni noho kanaka 'ia a pau o Hawai'i nei. `lelo No`eau: Ka L / The Sun # 18 Ahu kupanaha ka l i Mn. gathered by Mary Kawena Pukui and can be found in `Olelo No`eau , [Peace and love are no longer here.] 'Olelo No'eau - Kauila's E-Portfolio Annie Leibovitz, We like to think that we're independent thinkers, that we're unique individuals. Mn, Kaua`i is a place where mirages were once seen. Ua ho'i ka noio 'au kai i uka, ke 'ino nei ka moana (2787). Issue 71 of Special Publications, ISSN 0067-6179. can't expect to be full-blown successes right away, often we start small and Hold the breath. Hawaiian Words of Wisdom - `lelo No`eau -- http://hawaiianlanguage.com HAW 488 'Olelo No'eau (3) | 2022-2023 General Catalog He Mo'olelo no Kalakupua. He hastily put the mug down, reaching down to pinch his pants away from his skin with a scowl. This extraordinary collection of Hawaiian sayingscollected, translated, and annotated by Mary Kawena Pukuioffers a unique opportunity to savor the wisdom, poetic beauty, and earthy humor of these finely crafted expressions. Explanation: If you want to become really good at anything, you've got to He noio 'a'e 'ale no ke kai 1oa (844). Expression in prayers to the gods, calling them from everywhere. 'Gilligan's Island.' lelo No'eau trn Apple Books Volume 71 of Bernice P. Bishop Museum Honolulu, Hawaii: Bernice P. Bishop Museum special publication. Poho pono na pe'a heke a ku ana (2681). James_Fullsend PLUS. Hawaiian Proverbs, Values & Truths Olelo No'eau to Live The Sacred Hawaiian Way. The stars secretly observe all. 8 cards per pack. | Sitemap |, Quotes About Being Annoyed With Your Boyfriend. ""What a filthy mind you have. Opelu that make the sea ripple. That's why I decided to keep this 'olelo no'eau for this quarter. And then what do they watch? "The dark-blue ocean of Kane." The deep sea out of sight of land. lawai`a no ke kai papa`u, he pokole ke aho; he lawai'a no ke kai hohonu he loa Through this knowledge, Hawaiians hewed only the trees that were needed. If you feel like getting up in the morning to work on your business is a chore, then it's time to try something else. lelo Noeau | Images of Old Hawaii Olelo No'eau on Apple Podcasts. `lelo No`eau Proverbs of Hawai`i Proverbs of Hawai`i The following are some Hawaiian proverbs which have been preserved and handed down from generation to generation through Hawaii's oral tradition. I really liked this one because she talked about how we are all just a single individual in this world but we can make a difference and . Touch device users can explore by touch . Parents are often judged by the behavior of their children. Lit., great breath `Olelo No`eau Ma ka hana ka 'ike In working one learns. "Mo'o 'Olelo Pu (Sharing Traditions)" Original Air Date: May 01, 2015. Don't pretend to be a candle, be a moth, so you may taste the savor of Life and know the power hidden in serving. . "When the frigate bird flies out to sea, the rough sea will grow calm." 237 E ai i kekahi, e kp i kekahi. The branches grow because of the trunk. See more ideas about quotes, scorpio zodiac facts, words. Makuaka'umana leapt from a cliff and landed on the moamoa; thus, he was able to sail to Hawai'i.). - I give my love to you, you give your love to me. Kauila. Olelo No'eau and it's poetic meanings. "From zenith to horizon." 'lelo No'eau - Holoholo Vibes Translation: A fisherman of shallow seas uses only a short line; a fisherman Ted's Bio; Fact Sheet; Hoja Informativa Del Ted Fund; Ted Fund Board 2021-22; 2021 Ted Fund Donors; Ted Fund Donors Over the Years.