Pros: Great spin and good power. Want to learn more? A couple months ago I embarked on a quest for a new paddle. I can definitely help answer any questions you may have about pickleball. Made in the USA 4 Colors. Lower twistweight is easier to maneuver but will twist more on off-center hits, thus losing power and delivering more shock. Pros: Great spin, nice control in the sweet spot area. On top of this, there is a comfortable paddle handle that is slightly longer than most, combined with a thinner circumference for easy grip. This means it is shorter so you can put more spin on the ball. A large sweet spot and balanced weight improve finesse, speed and maneuverability. There are multiple ways to get a demo through a few websites, or just utilizing a free return policy. Paddletek Tempest Wave Pro Paddle Review (True Players' Paddle) A large sweet spot on its own may not serve you well. Recommended Pickleball Paddles | Pickleball Kitchen Paddletek tempest wave reviews: The Pure Gem - My Racket Sports 2. Right out of the box, this paddle felt balanced in the hand and had an easy swing. Even though I've played with this paddle a lot, this paradox alludes me. Also, beginners will be happy to play with this paddle because of the superior feel in control. Simply put, the paddle has the perfect balance between not being too light nor too heavy. The handle is 5.5 in. Control; Control in a paddle refers to managing where to place the shot and the power behind it. FOR SALE! Demo multiple paddles. Many of Paddleteks current designs match this classic design. You will merely think anything missing out for this pickleball paddle. This means you have a longer reach but the paddle still has a large sweet spot. The face features a graphite textured surface giving the paddle excellent spin capabilities with a blend of power and control. Heres what I find out. #4. Paddletek does a great job on the look of their paddles. Not to say that you can't get pace behind the ball with the Tempest Wave II, but you need to put in the extra power yourself, as the paddle is not generating it. Its true. Construction and Benefits Textured graphite surface for spin, accuracy, and better aim Tempest PolyCore for reduced vibrations Overall, the Rogue2 is exactly what I was looking for in terms of control, power, spin, and maneuverability. I play with either a Poach Advantage or a Maverick depending on the type of game I am in. Paddletek Tempest Pro vs. Tempest Wave by Carter Tubbesing!! Paddletek Paddletek Tempest Wave - My Favorite Pickleball Paddle From any part of the court, you can hit a kill shot. It's counterpart, the Tempest Reign Pro is a slightly longer, slightly more narrow version of the Wave Pro graphite paddle, giving more power with s longer (but slightly narrower sweet spot). Head light as well, allowing my hands to be fast at the net. Because you will become better at picking out your shots and have more control in your hands. $99.00. If you want to see the physical specs side by side this website will let you compare multiple paddles. Protecting the arm from unnecessary strain will be a big benefit to players who suffer from wrist or elbow injuries. The paddle is made comfortable to hold because of the cushioning built into them. However, more experienced . Also, I know these players try new paddles so I looked for information from the last few months to verify their recent paddle choice in most cases. Paddletek Tempest Wave Pro Pickleball Paddle. The Paddletek Tempest Wave II Pickleball Paddle is first and foremost, a control freak. I could feel that slice dinks and topspin baseline shots were enhanced by the grippy surface. Hence, former experience tennis players will not face any issue at all. Paddletek Tempest Wave Pro Paddle. Paddleball is a relatively new sport that has been around for less than a century. Catherine Parenteau. Paul's Paddles - Paddletek This is a top tier control paddle that I almost loved. They offer you maximum power, yet they are thin and lightweight. The high-quality, durable paddle has an innovative ultra cushion high-track performance grip. The Phoenix Pro pickleball paddles from Paddletek are also suitable alternatives. The Tempest Wave ii is a favorite of many pickleball players, among them some of the top professionals in the sport. This technology offers consistency in the sweet spot by evenly distributing energy from the ball across the surface. Provides an excellent balance between ball spin, control, and power. Beginner guides, Scoring In Pickleball You Must Know Before Getting Into A Match. 8 out of 10; Control Rating. Performance grip. Besides offering reviews of products like paddles, rackets, buying guides, and padel news, we also offer news about pickleball and padel. Two players use both the Selkirk Amped Epic, Paddletek Bantam EX-L Pro and Tempest Wave Pro, and Head Extreme Tour. Quick view. The longevity of the paddle gives you confidence in the performance of your paddle. One of the most successful products is the Tempest series which included the tempest wave pro, tempest wave 2, tempest reign pro, and tempest reign pro Catherine Parenteau edition. Cons: Small sweet spot compared to other control paddles. Paddletek Tempest Wave II Pickleball Paddle - Amazon.com If you are not using one of the best Pickleball paddles from this review, be sure to check the post on illegal Pickleball paddles. Take a look at the far right column and you will see which pro uses which paddle. In pretty much every aspect of the game, it excels. It also has a really great dink game. Unlike the Bantam Series (like the Sabre Pro and Ex-L), the Tempest Series features a specially designed High-Grade Graphite Polymer Composite Honeycomb Core that is super-responsive. UNMATCHED CONTROL - Place the ball exactly where you want it with unmatched control and accuracy. Unlike the elongated shape (favored by pros) and the wide shape (favored by novices), the classic shape can provide a balanced mix of power, spin, forgiveness, and maneuverability. Should I get a Paddletek Tempest Wave Pro? : r/Pickleball - reddit A great deal of thought has gone into the design of Paddleteks paddles. Happy pickleballing! Cons: Because this paddle has an elongated, thinner face, its taking me some time to get used to the control. A soft paddle may deter power players from passing shots due to the lack of top end and the soft feel. An easy-grip is facilitated by a thinner circumference. Paddletek Tempest Wave Pro Pickleball Paddle Review This feature provides rapid reflection off the paddle's face. Get a demo and try it out is the only real answer here. The pro version has more power due to the added weight (7.6-8 oz ) and thickness of the paddle compared to the regular tempest at 7.4-7.8 oz. It is immediately apparent that the ball has a lot of spin due to the texture on the face. How to Hit the Forehand Roll in Pickleball, Communication: The Key to Playing Doubles. Paddletek Tempest Wave II Pickleball Paddle Review [2022] Made consistent drop shots extremely difficult. CA. With the successful release of high-performing paddles, the brand is now one of the largest in Pickleball. The textured graphite surface makes it easy to place the ball exactly where you want it, and the graphite in the Tempest PolyCore dampens vibrations and reduces weight while still providing enough power for a put-away shot. With its textured graphite surface, you can place the ball exactly where you want it. Yes! Paddletek pays keen attention to the aesthetic design of its paddles. Abysmal power. Like many high-quality paddles, this paddle has a well-built paddle and each shot feels like it is under your control. I'm going to combine my analysis of the Paddletek Tempest Wave and Tempest Wave Pro. An innovation from Paddletek is Tempest Wave, a two-player game that's geared for pro players. Its the only brand that provides a five-year no dead spot guarantee. Best Paddletek Pickleball Paddles | Racquet Warrior Sweet spot was nicely sized and felt very consistent with my dinks, drops, and resets. Questions? Paddletek has produced many high-end paddles but definitely, the Paddletek Tempest Wave Pro is one of the best paddles out there. The construction of the paddle is excellent and I would guess that a consistent player would get a year of play from this paddle before they began to notice any degradation in the core or the consistency. Paddletek Tempest Wave II Pickleball Paddle. This is not a power paddle and it does not pretend to be one. GTIN. Weight: Paddletek has designed this paddle in such that you don't get a bad vibe using it. $179.99. The many years of experience and research into the production of pickleball paddles have made Paddletek paddles one of the most sought after, being used by many top professionals. The core improves the overall rigidity of the paddle, which allows you to put more force behind each swing. CA. You can also find it on the medal podium in the hands of Catherine Parenteau. In some of my more powerful shots and put-aways, I did feel like I was lacking some extra pace. - Top 13 Paddletek Pickleball Paddles Review 2023. This paddle comes with a hefty name, so I was intrigued to see if it lived up to it. 5. However, I quickly learned the paddles favored by the pros may not be the favorite of most other Pickleball players. Love this paddle! Quick view. It combines characteristics I love, such as the graphite build, with some new ones I did not realize I needed the firm Tempest Smart Response Technology Core. You may notice some slight differences but a lot of it falls on the player. Taking wide dinks to the Kitchen was just as easy for me as hitting from the net to the baseline. The paddle is also designed as a quiet paddle to be used in "green zone" communities where noise levels are restricted. Paddle Review (CRBN vs. Paddletek vs. Selkirk vs. Onix vs. Rogue2 Paddletek Tempest Pro vs. Tempest Wave by Carter Tubbesing - YouTube Unlike other paddles, this one lets you spin more. PADDLETEK Tempest Wave Pickleball Paddle - Red. Paddletek | PB Sport | PickleBall The surface is more textured. Paddletek claims to deliver accurate touch with this Paddletek Tempest Wave Pro Pickleball Paddle, which Ive been testing over the last few weeks. Additionally, the grip circumference is 4 inches. The graphite surface increases the accuracy behind the shot by dampening vibrations and providing power behind shots giving the player massive control behind all shots. . In the hands of many of todays top professionals, Paddletek paddles have been the leader in Pickleball Paddles for a long time. Otherwise, the Epic has a traditional shape so it is a versatile paddle offering both power and control. The Onix Summit C1, however, is an elongated paddle so it is longer and narrower than the normal paddle shape. When I was taking volley shots at the net, this allowed me to be more controlled with my delivery and feel more comfortable going for the lines. If you are looking for a pickleball paddle that is built to provide control and accuracy for players who favor a strategic game, then the Tempest Wave II is a great option. It gives the player easy control of their put-away shot. The third time you make the shot, you can curl the ball over the net. Because of the expense, I would recommend this option to dedicated players instead of beginners. The Tempest Wave II is heavy enough to give you power while remaining light enough to react fast with at the net during fast exchanges. The interesting thing about the specific paddle choice is only five paddles were used by two or more pro players. This item: Paddletek Tempest Wave II Pickleball Paddle $129.19 Franklin Sports Outdoor Pickleballs X-40 Balls USA Pickleball USAPA Approved, 12 Pack $23.99 ($2.00/Count) Onix Pure 2 Outdoor Pickleball Balls 3-Pack and 6-Pack Available $18.99 ($3.17/Count) Customers also search paddletek tempest wave ii paddletek wave ii nike pickleball paddle To get the best results, Paddletek combined it with smart response technology. You are barely beating anyone with a drive. Who Are The Best Users For Tempest Waves? Ensure a smooth pickleball life with no hassles. The Tempest line is the favorite of Paddletek athlete Dave Weinbach. Loved by strategic players who favor touch and control over power, the Paddltek Tempest Wave II is the ultimate control freak on-court. Paddletek Tempest Wave II Review - YouTube If you are looking for a top-level paddle that is well-suited to a strategic game, then pick the Paddletek Tempest Wave II Pickleball Paddle the ultimate control freak. . 4893403189177. The Paddletek Wave II retails at $129.99. It comes with two grip options to choose the one that suits your style, Features a large and consistent sweet spot, Incorporates top of the line vibration dampening technology.