Discuss the issues you have had with Palmera Vacation Club and work with their customer service team to find a resolution. The letter I sent via fedex was received by someone at PCV this morning. By the time our account became active, we discovered the points we purchased were not enough to reserve a 3 bedroom unit for any of the weeks. This business is not a member of Business Consumer Alliance. CRI measures the company's customer satisfaction abilities through BCAs complaint mediation process. They tell you it will take a little over a month after the sale before your on-line account for reservations is active. In Share your photos and videos with others to prove the truth of your words. The trading power we were supposed to have with RCI was incorrect. Palmera Vacation Club complaints View Full Report 33 Office Park Road #219 Hilton Head Island, SC 29928 | Get Directions (888) 887-2563 http://palmeravacationclub.com File a complaint in less than 5 minutes! The travel club lifestyle has taken over, and for this reason, owners love their timeshare. Revdex.com: I have reviewed the response made by the business in reference to complaint ID 12109628, and find that this resolution is satisfactory to me. Recent Reviews Clear all Company resolves 0% of complaints brought to its attention from Business Consumer Alliance. People buy timeshares because the average cost is almost nominal in comparison to a lifetime of vacations. Just curious, we are here this week and did the scam tour-didnt convert my TS to points after all these reviews-but was this resolved? Feb 28, 2023 7:27 pm EST. My husband and I are both smart people and we feel so foolish that we jumped into this. Timeshares are meant to be a lifelong product, even to pass down to your children or grandchildren. Box 7602, Hilton Head Island, SC 29938. There was absolutely no reason for that kind of unprofessional behavior if he attacked me the way he did im sure this is not his first doing this.I was appalled, shock and dismay with his disrespectful attitude toward sharon and. Still no return calls. Is this Your Business? Was never actually told what kind of vacation we could book in July for only 2000 points, but decided to buy anyway because it sounded like a good deal. We were very leery coming into it since we've heard (and read) many unpleasant stories about "timeshares" (although I realize that there could be some good ones out there no doubt). Attended a presentation at Palmera with no intention of buying anything as we already have a week elsewhere that we were considering disposing of. I hope you were able to get some resolution on your problem and aren't stuck with this scam of a vacation club/timeshare. We stayed at the Island Links and attended a timeshare presentation. Time share oversere haven't got anywhere yet. They to used the same ploy of telling you they would sell your old timeshare thru VSI and you would get a check to pay for your Palmera / Vacations Anytime membership. I looked at the charts and the 2000 points we bought, will get us 4 nights in Jan --that's it, the minimum points for a week is 3150 on off season. Copyright 2020 Business Consumer Alliance All Rights Reserved. No we know why. Must call to book. Looking for Palmera Vacation Club Login? Judging by everything I'm reading, nothing has changed and they are still lying. Bottom line: Palmera VC is a scam. The Mitchells signed a one year contract with Vacation Inspirations at a price tag of more than $5,000. I called in late November and was told that my dates were not open to call again in January. Share. Our friends did, for sure. Promotional content will be removed and issues concerning Booking.coms services should be routed to our Customer Service or Accommodation Service teams. The timeshare resale industry began to assist owners in need of getting out of their timeshares, and it was unregulated. Hi, I am looking for advice/reassurance on canceling a timeshare contract with Palmera Vacation Club in Hilton Head, SC. The travel prices the salesman Desired outcome: One thing I have now witnesses and everything was recorded just last year before COVID 19. The offer is only valid on select 7-night exchanges and Extra VacationsSM getaways booked in the RCI Weeks reservation system and does not apply to 7-night RCI Points exchanges. All-Inclusive resorts may charge a mandatory all-inclusive fee. I work very hard, intelligent, level headed, Senior Project Manager for the State of SC. Coral Sands was sued, alleging fraud back in 2006. *In Canada, trademark(s) of the International Association of Better Business Bureaus, used under License. On their websites, both businesses proclaim the best deals on vacations. When I called Palmera reservation services I explained my issue and was told the complaint would be brought up in the Friday Manager's Meeting and I would get a call that Friday. Long gone are the days of owners traveling to the same resort, in the same unit, at the same time every year. Ms. Jennifer Ospina, Member Services Representative, Mrs. Leighann Hoppe, Director of Compliance, Mr. Darren Boniface, Director of Marketing. I would urge anyone experiencing problems to write to the local paper (ISLAND PACKET) with a letter to the editor. After purchasing, I was told to just click Book Me and schedule my trip. Vacation Club membership. This offer only applies to new reservations. They lied that we could be able to sell our Bluegreen Points (not one call in about a year). Exchange: CST: 2046555-50. All content should be genuine and unique to the guest. But once visitors stop in the sidewalk to hear the pitch, they learn theres much more to the free maps and guidebooks. Everything was going ok. Our salesman told us that he would never buy a timeshare and that this was wasn't one. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-102137832', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');car salesperson and I have bought cars, I know all of the tricks. Sign up for free now, Sign up for free to participate on the website. go back to original rules when we joined or get out of contract. TUG saves owners more than $20 Million dollars. Sounds like your bases are covered. Phone number +1 888-887-2563. Under Six Ways to Travel, click Palmera Escape via RCI, Click RCI Exchange to link to your RCI Subscribing Member account. Villa del Palmar is a resort that belongs to Villa group timeshare in different locations throughout Mexico like Cabo San Lucas, Cancun, Islands of Loreto, Puerto Vallarta & Riviera Nayarit. These guidelines and standards aim to keep the content on Booking.com relevant and family-friendly, without limiting expression or strong opinions. Must call to book. Four years ago the city passed an ordinance to prevent deceptive, misleading and aggressive solicitation by businesses. Offer can be redeemed multiple times during the offer period, but cannot be combined with any other discounted exchange fee offer and excludes internal exchange vacations and exchange plus inventory. We have called 6 times-- always get a rep--but they do nothing --left 4 messages with their manager--not one returned call, have a email chain of over 12 emails--where I have made it clear--that I will not be continuing with the contract because what I was sold, is not what I am getting--or not getting. I was told by Palmera I won't have to "pay any more 'maintenance fees', the bank draft will take care of this" but I can't believe anything from them. Now I'm getting $128.21 monthly auto drafted and also had to pay $1000+ RCI maintenance fees for 2021. Score a Best Price Guarantee and up to 60% off of 600,000+ hotels worldwide. Login to participate on the website. It has been over 9 months. Thats just false for anything thats not outright property ownership. (free membership giveaway for every 50 subscribers!). get quotes and more. The guy then became upset and challenged us why we could base our decision based on something online. We were told they no longer sell that Congrats on finding TUG. International Association of Better Business Bureaus. Payment . Alternatively, you may use, http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts. After the tour, we had to go back to the office and he kept trying to convince us. So why do people still buy timeshares? ComplaintsBoard.com is a leading complaint resolution website on the Internet. I was in Hilton Head last Christmas trying to relax and recover from cancer surgery. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if Palmera Vacation Club is right for you. Palmera Vacation Club Company. We bought 2000 points, in which the salesman told us and the other couple we were with, would get us 2.5 weeks per year in a 2 bedroom suite. My son in law own(s/ed ?) My next step was going to be to drive back down to HHI with my husband and do it in person but everything I have read on this site does not recommend doing that. View summaries of the complaint descriptions and responses. These vacations are limited. One of the many exciting benefits of your RCI subscribing membership is the ability to expand your options for vacations beyond the Palmera Vacation Club portfolio. Desired outcome: Make sure any club youre considering can pass an easy scam test. Write reviews, ask and respond to questions, This is a massive operation I thought. In January of 2016 the corporate resort staff told us they would buy his time share and, at a discount, use it as down payment on Share your photos and videos with others to prove the truth of your words. As a world-class vacation exchange provider, RCI is focused on bringing membersflexibility and choice. We are now well past that Friday and repeated calls only gets me to LeAnn, Director of Member Services and her voicemail. Based on what clients have told us when requesting for our help, we decided to let people know hereby about the complaints received day by day and how people have been affected by Villa del Palmar. So they could either buy it back or he'd just quit making payments, so they let him out of it. They think all they have to do is change their name or change management companies and people won't find out. Load More; Browse for Rent Browse for Sale Add Your Property. available to us. With points, you have the utmost flexibility with booking trips where and when you want. If I were you I'd get out of there as quick as you can. The points we purchased would get us a 1 bedroom unit during certain weeks of the year. Sign up for free now, Sign up for free to participate on the website. We know of no other matter or practice relating to this company that may assist you in your consideration of this company. A member may not be able to purchase food or drink at a resort if he or she chooses not to pay an optional all-inclusive fee. We are dedicated to delivering vacation memories that last a lifetime. With top brands in the industry like Disney Vacation Club, , Hyatt, Hilton, and more, owners have more flexibility and options than ever before. On july 8 2019 mr sheldon fed/ex me a 3 page quit deed contract to be sign and notarize which has been completed, signed and notarized on july 18 2019 but i have not yet mailed it because prior to his request mr sheldon and i had multiple conversations on the phone about reimbursing me with a 3 night 4 days vacation at hilton head and a 7 day vacation at any of r.C.I 60 properties i have not received it yet. When you compare the average cost of a timeshare with 60+ years of vacations, the savings are clear. Scam Clue 3: A promotion claiming youve been specially selected for membership. The main reason that we agreed to purchase this timeshare with Palmera Vacation Club was because the sales representative insisted that not only would he help us sell our Wyndham and Hawaii. Remove some or all of your filters below. This is not the first time that we have had issues with getting people to respond, Desired outcome: Nov 15, 2016. Sleeps 8 . The lady I spoke too had no interest. I am still suffering with cancer issues and cannot pay my medical bills. Hi, I am looking for advice/reassurance on canceling a timeshare contract with Palmera Vacation Club in Hilton Head, SC. Resorts with mandatory all-inclusive fees require the fees to be prepaid at or before check-in. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Hilton Head Island boasts natural beauty along with a playground of outdoor activities. Your contribution should be yours. In reality, timeshares are not bad. Hawaii TAT Broker ID #TA-023-193-6000-01. Palmera Vacation Club Timeshares for Sale For Sale Search Now Filter results Map View List View Sort By 0 Palmera Vacation Club Timeshares Sorry! Our last conversation which toke place on aug 1 2019 mr sheldon referred to me and ms shone course as two miserable mother f--ker he also told me to go f myself and that he was trying to help me get out off my financial responsibility and i was too stupid to realize it. Usage Type Annual . Each unit is professionally decorated and refurbished every year. I would also send a copy via USPS certified mail with tracking today. Reverse and return back to what we had, and reimburse us for the waste of our time in full. Submit a complaint and get your issue resolved. All prices are based in U.S. dollars (USD). We put down $1200 on our credit card and signed the financing paperwork for the rest. He asked a lot of questions about our lifestyle and vacation preferences and we had good conversation. It is not a good financial decision for us right not ($25,000 with $5000 down, $499 a month at 17% interest!). 33 Office Park Road, Hilton Head Island, SC 29928 United States (#6022358) Beds 2 . So we stopped back by the office first thing this morning and cancelled since we were still within the 5 day cancellation period. 1 complaints for Palmera Vacation Club. ComplaintsBoard.com is an independent complaint resolution platform that has been successfully voicing consumer concerns since 2004. After reading the contract, I did not feel comfortable. Our records indicate the company failed to respond to the one complaint brought to its attention. So he disappears again and comes back with a folded sheet of paper, Now I was a (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? He then pulled out his phone and asked me where I work so he could go ahead and search for the name to see what he could find. Palmera Vacation Club headquarters 33 Office Park Road, Suite 219 South Carolina, Hilton Head Island 29928 United States Palmera Vacation Club phone number +1 888 887 2563 0 0 What is Palmera Vacation Club's email addresses? BBB Business Profiles are subject to change at any time. Fractional ownership such as timeshare may be a good way to vacation to the same place every yearbut its a lousy overall investment. We were blatantly lied to about our purchase. The letter is already in transit via FedEx to PCV. Read Also: Sailboat Vacations In The Caribbean. Extra VacationsSM getaways prices are based on a seven-night stay. Check the spelling of your query. Promotional discounts and offers may not apply to all properties. Our records indicate the company failed to respond to the one complaint brought to its attention. A lot of robocalls are currently making this pitch. I could go on and on about the exchanges we had afterwards as he quickly became hostile and berating but what's the point? We haver never used this vacation club in 4 years since we purchased it because apparently buying 3000 points will not get you anything and when it was off season you couldn't find a rental still without buying more points. The savings and perks are clear. purchase it back from us. Influential celebrities and unscrupulous companies have overrun the media with messaging that timeshares are bad. Now, multiply this over the next 50 to 60 years. A timeshare is definitely worth it for families that want to travel frequently, and travel in comfort. we are convinced we made a BIG mistake and composed a letter to cancel the contract. BBB asks third parties who publish complaints, reviews and/or responses on this website to affirm that the information provided is accurate. From RCI Gold Crown standards, to Trip Advisors Excellence awards, to private communities, easy beach access, and beautiful accommodations, our resorts have everything you need for a luxurious relaxing vacation. This post has been removed at the author's request. ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Palmera Vacation Club Customer Service. Respectfully, Member Services DepartmentPalmera Vacation Club. Then suddenly, they changed the rules to allow "members only" to participate in the smart stays. Does anyone else have experience with this and any advice? He pulls a skeezy car salesman trick on us and tells us that he spoke to his manager about us and he is allowed to give us special access to extreme discounts that he normally isn't allowed to do, but it's a special circumstance and he really wants to make us happy. membership takes 45 days to activate, 15 days after you can Advantages to us so we were told: lower We purchased points with Palmera Vacation Club and the salesman told us we could get a 3 bedroom unit with our points at Coral Springs. Know they have sent the timeshare to a collection agency and we have no clue on how to resolve this issue. Palmera Vacation Club Click to Rate or Add Salary Add Interview Add Benefits Glassdoor has 3 Palmera Vacation Club reviews submitted anonymously by Palmera Vacation Club employees. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages, Click here if youd like to unsubscribe from notifications about new complaints of Palmera Vacation Club. View Details. We said that we prefer to rent houses when on vacation instead of staying in condo communities. Please be wary when you go on this tour. get quotes and more. He purchased from previous individual owner 10 years ago. But that is not the best, when i tried to book a week in May, not one week was open, heading into April the cost was 5600 points. Why? About 68% have two or more bedrooms, giving families room and space to truly unwind and relax. After the sales pitch we talked and decided this was a good deal and put down 10% or 850.00 deposit, and were told we would get information in about 30 days. RCI, LLC is not responsible for any activities or services provided third party providers. Palmera conveniently froze my account when I was late paying my unbeknownst previous maintenance fee for 2021 only because nobody responded to me when I was questioning the invoice. *****. Now, they have changed the rules, once again, to only allowing "members only" 3 smart Two years ago we attended a sales pitch at palmera.We already had 3000 points and were persuaded to increase our points by selling our RCI deeded property.Proceeds were to cover all costs. They lie right to your face and then remind you that nothing they say is legally binding! Island Links is located on beautiful Hilton Head Island, perhaps the finest resort community along the Atlantic Coastline. We arrived at 9am along with dozens of other potential buyers. I want to give it away, We just want to walk away from the contract, We joined palmera timeshare 11/2019 with false sale pitch. My biggest fear is the financing paperwork I signed. Boy what an experience that wasfirst some guy wisked us away to a room away from everybody else, which was fine since we wanted to have a private conversation. They also verbally guaranteed us that Sharon and Steve Mitchell, who are from Alabama, visited Charleston in June. File Complaint Not only is this a false & deceitful statement, I've now discovered most Caribbean and Mexican resorts have converted to all inclusive which is a product we are not interested in. The latest review amount billed was posted on Feb 28, 2023. We attended the 90 min presentation this past weekend in Hilton Head Island. would get enough money to pay off their time share. Timeshares are considered bad because they are not a financial investment, and it can be challenging to get out of your timeshare contract. All reviews are available on the sites they are accredited to. In fact, timeshare has been celebrating years of growth, surpassing over $10 billion in sales. Who do I contact? They get it for a discounted price and also cruises and tours and different trips like that, that most people would want, Sharon Mitchell said. Villagroup time share resorts count with different recreational spots like pools, tennis courts, gym, spa & nearby golf course for you to enjoy and experience a relaxing vacation in a place where you can find from villas to condos, suites and penthouses, all for public in general there is no only members area. get quotes and more. How do they get away with this? I have bought into a time share that is on a points system, where a certain amount of points buys you a certain amount of weeks. Barcelo bought out Occidental right . Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Palmera Vacation Club. Nothing is free. So glad I read this We are going to a tour tomorrow We did end up getting ou $850 dollars backthankfully we were within the five day grace period when we canceled. Repeat this to yourself as often as is necessary. World renowned for its golf and tennis, Hilton Head also offers a variety of water sports, miles of bike paths, wonderful restaurants and great shopping. The room was filled with small desks and chairs each filled with potential buyers and their salesmen. I have bought into a time share that is on a points system, where a certain amount of points buys you a certain amount of weeks. Consider how much of your income goes towards bills and what you have left over at the end of each month. You must log in or register to reply here. Wyndham Timeshare. the good, bad, and the ugly.. SFX Preferred Resorts - vacation exchange? Receive 15% off your exchange fee on select locations like Shenandoah Valley, Phoenix and Sedona! Palmera Vacation Club Business Profile Palmera Vacation Club Vacation Timeshare Multi Location Business Find locations Contact Information 33 Office Park Road, Unit 219 Hilton Head Island, SC. Barcelo/occidental vacation club is a rip off. We are trying to find a way to resolve this as I have heard there are many complaints against Palmera. Keep in mind, a timeshare is not a financial investment. If you don't get this refunded in a reasonable timeframe, you can dispute it on your credit card and send them a follow up notice with the tracking and a copy of your rescission letter that this is cancelled. I know nothing about the ethics of this timeshare property, but the hotel branded properties will honor the rescission and send refunds in a few weeks. Please let me know what happened or who to contact. No materials from this website may be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way. We were introduced to a conversion-type program, where currently owned-vacation properties would be taken over by Palmera, and points within those timeshares would be converted and used to purchase a timeshare at Palmera and Palmera would take over your previously owned properties, never was it mentioned that the previously owned properties would be listed until resold. Our complaint services are free and our team of expert mediators will assist in resolving complaints with businesses. This sounded good to me as my current time share only gave me one week and a one bedroom. As he went on he began disclosing the annual fee (about 800$).then disclosed that it was a $30,000 Deed of Trust.then the 17% interest. I need to know what I'm paying for @ $128.21 monthly when I'm still expected to pay exchange fees. an attorney but they refused to negotiate with him. Contacts:There are no additional contacts. B. brenda123129 of FARMINGTON, US. He also kept trying to convince us to buy a package that we couldn't afford and rent our time to people. and I fell for it. The price level of this organization is high according to consumer reviews. The product has changed into something that families, couples, and adults love. With the average cost of a timeshare, you will have already made up what you paid for and more! Palmera Vacation Club is rated with a C rating from Business Consumer Alliance as of 2/18/2023. Most real companies would take the time..will see where it goes. Bought 2000 points for a "gold crown" 3-bedroom condo ($850 down). They knew the things to say and they encouraged us to come and listen to their sales pitch, Steve Mitchell said. I sent it to the person and address listed on the Right to Cancel paperwork we signed during the scam process. Like all the other complaints prior to me. The first was several years ago when Coral Sands (now Coral Resorts) was run by Reba Management Company. Palmera Vacation Club has been in contact with Ms. ***** File No. On our way down to Hilton Head, we were a little bit behind schedule. Etc. Promotional discounts and offers may not apply to all properties. Washington Seller of Travel Reg. Plan your next journey with RCI Cruise and leave port with the lowest fares, an exclusive up to $1,500 to spend on board, and more deals. The overall rating of the company is 2.0 and consumers are mostly dissatisfied. Pay only $199USDon your exchange fee when you book select Orlando resorts. He showed us the availability for the following year during the same week we purchased. I told him that I knew exactly what he was doing and that it wasn't going to work, we are not into being manipulated. With that said, we want to reverse this ordeal and return all funds as we were misled, given the wrong information, and falsified contractual information. A timeshare is also a guarantee to vacation every year, and you pay up-front for a lifetime of travel. We bought 2000 points, in which the salesman told us and the other couple we were with, would get us 2.5 weeks per year in a 2 bedroom suite. There are no exact matches available. RCI and related marks are registered trademarks and/or service marks in the United States and internationally. The comments included "So you like throwing your money away?this is money you already spend on your vacations". get quotes and more. Theres nothing worse than a cramped hotel room and lack of personal space. We are complaining six months later because we are still being as to pay taxes and maintain fees at the two exchanged properties as well as fees at Palmera V C. So the bottom line is instead of reducing the number of properties, they were increased as well as cost. Unfortunately, last year, we believed what they were telling us and bought points with Palmera.