The only problem is the long-legged Victoria's Secret model standing in the way of getting him back. I had previously assembled and primed the anchor, having added a little additional detail to the white metal castings, as described in a previous blog update. Winkelen op rubriek. Is there a mast yet. I have an Original and hard to find kit of an Aerokits 46ft/inch RAF Crash Rescue Tender. Comes complete with the additional metal fitting set. 2 to give it its correct description was re-introduced as an improved all wood kit for the vintage enthusiast. The Hobbyking 10mm square magnets(magnet to magnet) work well and are very cheap. Greg Read's model of RAF Crash Tender 94; built from plans on a moulded hull. The Scorpion brushless motor installed in a model built from the kit. A powerful electric motor drives twin screws, incorporating forward and reverse. RAF Crash Tender (46) by Vintage Model Works. RADIO CONTROL AIR BOAT PROJECT | eBay Free postage. This fine High Speed Vosper R.A.F. But he wasn't happy about building the original kit straight outright. Well Robbob, congratulations on whetting your baby's head, sorry, it's perfect botty . A Crossley FWD Type 4X4 Crash Tender which carried 300 Gallons (1,350 Litres) of Water, (28 Litres) of Foam Compound and 4 60Ib CO2 cylinders. So while 2nd layer of gunwhale stringers glue is setting on 46 boat I thought Id do some renovations on the recently acquired 36 boat, starting with the rear deck. . Brass pins 12 mm. THE VOSPER RAF Crash Tender Kit 46 $467.69 - PicClick CA These were also pinned in place with 12mm brass pins. RC Model Vehicles & Kits | eBay! Price: 13 . A Pair of VOSPER Electric R.A.F Crash Tender Model's 1960s Original Box Victory . Vosper 46ft RAF Crash Tender . Scale . What's next Rob?. Nubian. Coming along nicely. I wish! Large Scale 1" to 1 Length 46" Plan view of partsThe contents of the kit showing pre-cut wood parts. RAF Crash Tender. Le migliori offerte per RC Barca Motore Carburante Radiocomandato Legno RAF Crash Tender KeilKraft Aerokit sono su eBay Confronta prezzi e caratteristiche di prodotti nuovi e usati Molti articoli con consegna gratis! The other five that we built he actually gave away to friends and one even went to the milkman. The hard chine construction method is straghtforward. 4 years ago by Harvey Kitten ( Chief Petty Officer 1st Class) So while 2nd layer of gunwhale stringers glue is setting on 46" boat I thought I'd do some renovations on the recently acquired 36" boat, starting with the rear deck. You just take it easy for a while until you get used to the one you are running. flowing lines of the real thing, which a feature that was completely missing Please click here. It was a burning of the boats. Victory Industries Vosper Crash Tender - Model Boat Mayhem 6-volt battery operated. Hope its not too long now ? For over 50 years, Sussex Model Centre have been serving the modeller. Crash Tender makes up into a magnificent model 34.5 in length with a beam of 10 in, thus providing a scale model of truly seaworthy proportions, ideal for radio control installation. Vosper Type ASRL Semi-Scale - Plastic Boat Set by Sarik Hobbies. I just love the way these hulls sit on the water. Detail of twin motor installation in one of the kit models constructed by a modeller in the Welwyn Club. As our first ever build, he brought home broken down tea chests and orange boxes and he got me to draw round all the parts and he went on to cut each piece out with a nice new fretsaw. Seller - 16,429+ items sold. Fitted the cabin sides, using marks to ensure they were fully seated to the bulkheads. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SOLID-BRASS-PANEL-PINS-15mm-20mm-25mm-30mm-40mm-CHOOSE, http://www.cornwallmodelboats.co.uk/cgi-bin/ss000029.pl?TB=A&GB=&SS=brass%20pins, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/50Pcs-Spring-Clip-Fuel-Line-Hose-Water-Pipe-Air-Tube-C. First time for the Tender and I was happy with her performance, but not with my photography. 93 was delivered to the RAF Marine Craft Section based at Calshot on Southampton Water in approximately March 1952, it appears to have spent most of its life in storage probably because the Sunderland Flying Boats were being withdrawn from service during this period and its role therefore became redundant. Some of the contents of the Kit Box which weighs in at approximately 8kgs. The final finish is applied with car acrylic paints, the total number of individual fittings is 56, as below.Crash Tender Transfers A set of clear plastic push-fit windows and frames have been produced for the VMW 46 Crash Tender kit. T-70M UniModel UM 306 1/72. 5.07. Rob, who said I should get on with it So I have. And unlike previous blogs Ive done, where the boat has been nearly finished before writing anything,this one is going to be realtime. 93 was struck off charge in July 1958 and disposed of.No. et Cie, S.C.A. RC Boat Radio Controlled Wooden RAF Crash Tender Model Aerokits by More powerful and smaller than the Graupner 900. Finance is provided by PayPal Credit (a trading name of PayPal (Europe) S. r.l. Firefloat No. Crash boats of World War II - Wikipedia You have the right to cancel within 7 working days after the day you take receipt of goods. A very RARE MODEL VICTORY INDUSTRIES VOSPER RAF ELECTRIC CRASH TENDER (MODEL 195624626065 RC Boat Radio Controlled Fuel Engine Wooden RAF . Tenders. I have one in a offshore ABS racer and it moves!!!! It agrees with the other summary from the RAF Museum. That is really some thing else. His own label says 1952, i had a friend look over it who has built a lot of models and he . What a truly international bunch we are , Tuta-Fruiti e Tutti-Fruiti aus Mnchen!! I have just been watching your video again of your Crash Tender on the water. It is in excellent condition ready to be built into a model boat The hull can be viewed by appointment by contacting Ian Fothergill at either e-mail: [email protected] or by phoning the following number: 07778561169 Price: 25.00. 314439854974 A crew of five was intended in service, construction was wood, hard chine, plywood frames and double diagonal planking. When Tim O'Hara's plane is hijacked and forced to crash land in the middle of the Andes, his troubles are only beginning. We also deliver all over the world. VMW with Colin Smith (Phils Son) has enlarged the original model to the increased length of 36 (1:10 scale). It wasn't as well detailed as yours. Slec (Aerokits) RAF Crash Tender Kit including PR802A fittings kit The kit parts are cut using our laser cutting technology, that not only gives very accurate and precise cut parts, that fit together without any sanding but also details like planking on the decks and the cabin roof . Their are some things which you admire there are others to which you aspire. Twin rudders, propeller shafts, tubes and ventilators all in brass. Only two Vosper 46 foot RAF Crash Tenders (or firefloat Mk. RC Boat Radio Controlled Fuel Engine Wooden RAF Crash Tender KeilKraft Thanks Robbob. vickers warwick crash site Parts are stamped for quick identification. I had one of these when I was a kid and I have recently acquired this example from an RAF Air Cadets Sqn who wanted rid of it. After all the effort and care you've put into this build excellent idea to keep it safe.Your build blog is amazing and although i'm learning with Doug's and DaveM help on shaft re position I will be using some of your tips when I get to the deck fittings and cabins . We will contact you before posting. I had a look at your build blog on this boat and along with Robs, these are my 2 go to blogs for help. He then bought me a ED Hunter 3.46cc Diesel engine for my Christmas present that year. hi may i ask what size planking you used on the floors and how did you get the black effect between planks, many thanks colin. I look forward to receiving your suggestions. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. Accurate CNC computer cutting ensures good fits of components. . Items in the Price Guide are obtained exclusively from licensors and partners solely for our members research needs. . Price: Tri-ang, Scalex Boats. Using foam board for the construction. Back to the Fireboat in the new year after a few other boat repairs, so hopefully the build log will pick up. RAF MK.9 airfield crash tenders (models) Thorneycroft Nubian Major, 16 10.00. RAF Crash Tender Model Boat. A family run business to this day, three generations have strived to provide a wide variety of products and expertise to allow you to make an informed choice on your purchase. The hull was copied from the original RC Boat Radio Controlled Fuel Engine Wooden RAF Crash Tender KeilKraft . Will bring a . Having dry fitted all the frames to the keel and measured for alignment, I was nervous that a mm out anywhere could accumulate errors, so I decided to steam and bend the gunwhale stringers and dry fit them as well. No. It may well bring nostalgic memories to senior modellers and it will appeal to anyone who enjoys building with traditional materials. A crew of five was intended in service, construction was wood, hard chine, plywood frames and double diagonal planking.Aft view of craft moored at PortsmouthMonitors being tested at Southampton BUY WITH CONFIDENCE HIGH STREET RETAILER FOR 36 YEARS Lesro Models Stony Lane Christchurch Dorset BH23 7LQ Opening Hours 9.00am to 5.30pm Monday to Saturday Phone / 499354 Email Web site www. Zap z poxy is what its called - Im using 30 m glue for the hull as 5 m wouldnt allow enough time to get everything clamped. You must find it hard in that canvus jacket doing all those fiddly bit's. This kit has been modernized to make construction easy, full building instructions are included and comes with window overlays and screen. All sheeting is also pre-cut. I am very impressed with your superb work on this kit. I have managed to keep the weight down to 3.5kg by means of careful wood selection. After Victory shut down in 1969, Wrenn bought the stocks and tooling for the two popular "Vosper" boats in the range and continued production, with Rovex Tri-ang as distributor. The remaining hose fittings are the male & female connectors and fortunately require nothing more than drilling to take the four short brass turning handles which were soft soldered in place and then filed to length. HITCHIN. This, coupled with authentic deck fittings and accessories, makes for an extremely realistic model with an excellent performance. Secure the hatches and raise the flags ! Water slide transfers as the original Vosper design are included in the kit. ProductID: They have been very successfully modelled by others and there are some fine examples of their construction on this site and consequently a wealth of tips and ideas on how to make them and I have shamelessly taken the best of them to make my own. The cross hatch grid for the foam tanks was made on my 3D printer and once painted will be OK. Ill make the brass connectors for the hose on my lathe, and the hatch needs a recess milled out for the handles. Old Model Boat Kits - Aerokits R.A.F. Also used the clamp widget in anger as I attached the inner gunwhale stringers. If you would like to know how we handle complaints, please click, . Superb finish and strengthener I guess. Excl VAT: 4.84, 6.30 Model Boat Motors, Propellers & Prop Shafts, Plastic Model Car Kits & Other Vehicle Kits, Skip to the beginning of the images gallery, Order before 2pm for Next Working Day Delivery, Aeronaut 1/20 Kalle 2 Harbour Tug Model Kit, Caldercraft 1/32 Scale Marie Felling Double Screw Harbour Tug Model Ship Kit, 1/8 Scale Fairey Huntress with Fittings Kit.