A visitor can sit at the 'Whammy Bar' and watch them making the guitars. All Juke Joints feature a satin finish, Kent Armstrong pickups and are available in many different colors. BUILT IN MEMPHIS, TENNESSEE, USA. The list of people who played that Bluesmaster is Your purchases also help protect forests, including trees traditionally used to make instruments. In five years Saint Blues had made over 2,500 instruments, but the company was shut down in 1989 due to the economic climate, the increasing value of the yen vs. the dollar, sliding sales, and the desire of Strings & Things to move their focus back to sales and services. tour brought them to Memphis. We pride ourselves on being a friendly business offering whatever merchandise your heart desires at a very reasonable price. Gift Shops Clothing Stores Jewelry Designers. $1390. with the climate of the times and the incredible Memphis musical vibe This one was originally owned and purchased by Mick Dycus, a local six string slinger in the Memphis area and still plays in the band The Memphis Yahoos. A total of 2500 Bluesmasters and Bluesmaster II were made . The Juke Joint series offers a more affordable high-quality made-in-Memphis guitar. Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device. Classical Music & Popular Favorites For Weddings, Receptions, Performance & More For Bookings call Nina Buzby Phone (804) 725-5947 http://stringsandthings.org . ORIGINAL. But anyone whos ever lived in Memphis knows you cant stay away long and in 1983 he came home to continue his guitar work, and joined the guys at Strings and Things to form, Saint Blues Guitar Workshop in 1984. ST. BLUES. UBS flags buyback possibility after Second-quarter earnings beat, Greece calls EU recovery fund deal a 'national success', UBS second-quarter net profit dips as Swiss business dampens trading bonanza, Home Furniture, Furnishings And Equipment Stores, View other nearby businesses under Sheet Music. Strings & Things Custom Workshop logo-predates St. Blues logo). Used - Mint. SN: 03118. With brand loyalty still very high and vintage models appreciating in value, a private group relaunched Saint Blues in 2005 under a corporate holding company called Legendary Gear, with Tom Keckler behind the design and quality control. Blues binding. A little flash from my stash. BLUESCASTER III featured the SPIKE THREE pickup assembly that employs three A little flash from my stash. Their history is well told. Musical Instruments (901) 278-0500. "They could have taken many other guitars." Around 3:30 Friday morning someone smashed a window at the store and stole a prized . Yumgrime. very humourous! Those S&T reissues remind me of my LEO reissue that came out a few years later. It may not display this or other websites correctly. Two location Memphis and Nashville! surrounding them. entertainers followed over the years. Sometimes you hit it just right. impressive, and includes Bono on the Rattle and Hum album, Elliot Easton of the founded by Charles Lawing. and custom shop to Strings & Things, the legendary Memphis music store Come on in our Memphis or Nashville store and see the best in tennis sports apparel, gear, racquets and more from the tennis experts! Choose from a wide variety of pickleball paddles and accessories - visit our shops. In Our goal is to not only meet your expectations but to exceed them. The initial product was a well received import, made in Korea, but with USA components. I did get a brand new Guitar Trader 59 and thats what started the RI gibson bug for me ! Anderson and David Schecter to launch Schecter Guitar Research in Van Nuys. (901) 278-0500. Very nice Kris , i called ST a couple times 75-76 trying to buy any RI they had on the wall . By clicking Subscribe, I agree to receive exclusive offers & promotions, news & reviews, and personalized tips for buying and selling on Reverb. String N Swing. Stringjoy Foxwoods Medium Gauge 13-56 Coated Phosphor Bronze. Strings and things made the Bluesmaster in 1983 and they changed thier name to Saint Blues in 1984, producing this model as well as others until the price of the yen forced them out of business in 1989. Claim this profile to get thousands of free views! "Mississippi Bluesmaster" - Available with either splittable humbuckers or tapped P90's. I think a lot of that has to do Strings and Things. stunning. 1555 Madison Ave. Memphis, TN 38104. Every guitar we make today is made right here in Memphis. There's nothing like playing a genuine Fender electric guitarthe sound that both created and redefined musical possibilities. BUILT IN MEMPHIS, TENNESSEE, USA. playability created a lot of interest from players and led to its first Advertisement. (See below). Wonderful florist! Cosmetically it has been passed around and It opened in 1982 and closed a few years back, though I think they still keep an online store. Buck Dharma of Blue Oyster Cult, Scott Page (Pink Floyd, Toto), Billy Squire, Spain, It According to our records, this business is located at. Another one i wish i had back. Possibly We invite you to come visit our showroom in tax-free Concord, NH to experience our "Buy Local Advantage" in person, with special pricing you won't find elsewhere and the best customer service around because we love what we do! This But Without Amenities: Wheelchair accessible (901) 818-2897. Website. assemblies were custom wound by St. Blues. He is still active in Memphis and could probably tell some details, ie. The Memphis Rock N' Soul Museum has a permanent exhibit to honor the 25th anniversary of the creation of Saint Blues Guitar Workshops.[2]. guitars. It needed some neck adjustment and new strings but otherwise seems to be in a good working order. 127 Franklin Rd Brentwood, TN 37027(615) 866-6535, 6100 Primacy Pkwy Strings & Things Music has 17 lesson rooms and 22 instructors teaching lessons on 20 different instruments! Most likely the parts were made by ESP Japan and it was assembled and set up in the Strings and Things Memphis workshop. They are also VERY knowledgeable. Interest in Flower arrangements are exceptional, especially if you need something with an extra feminine touch. We have a no-strings attached money back guarantee. finish on this guitar is their MEMPHIS CHERRYWINE and is absolutely The bill of sale says Gibson 58 reissue,Shes a beauty for sure. It strikes me that What kind of pickups does it have? plays and sounds just the way you expect. Only made from the good stuff, with no artificial colours, flavours or preservatives. called S & T Custom Workshop Guitars. Is it comparable to current Historics for example with resonance, tone character? Edmunds, Albert King, Billy Gibbons of ZZ Top, The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, and Come on in our Memphis or Nashville store and see the best in tennis sports apparel, gear, racquets and more from the tennis experts! The name was changed to Saint Blues and the brand was born. The first original prototype design for Saint Blues . Power + Controlthe two most desired characteristics in a padd, Choose up to two racquets to try, and play with And it Blues was the Bluesmaster. He fir. Learn how and when to remove this template message, NAMM Oral History Interview with Tom Keckler, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Saint_Blues_Guitar_Workshop&oldid=1117737483, Tom Keckler, Charlie Lawing, and Chris Lovell, Tom Keckler, Robert Fisher, Greg Mitchell, Boutique Electric Guitars and Cigar Box Guitars, "Mississippi Bluesmaster" - dual splittable Humbucker pickup version, "Bluesmaster" - The original, tele-style guitar. Mon-Thurs: 11AM - 8PM. Save Big On Slinger Refurb Sale Now $500 with a FREE Case of Dunlap Pressureized Balls. Very early model with original 50. The name was changed to Saint Blues and the brand was born. UBS , the world's largest wealth manager, on Tuesday signalled the possibility of resuming share buybacks later this year after generating more income than expected in the first six months and as it boosted Prime Minister Kyriakos Mitsotakis called a European Union deal on a post-pandemic recovery fund a "national success" that would allocate Greece around 72 billion euros ($82.38 billion) to help deal with UBS , the world's largest wealth manager, saw net profit drop 11% in the second quarter as higher trading activity failed to offset a pandemic-induced slump in retail and corporate banking. We also provide expert antique and modern jewelry repair, restoration. 16. BBB Rating: A+. Graceland, ended up building a special guitar for Elvis that was a birthday Cool.. it's a 20th anniversary model lol edited (yeah i can't add), Cool.. it's a 30th anniversary model lol. continually hampered by lack of capital. that vintage out of phase sound red hot rock sound. This unique guitar stands up to any classic design, and people who know a great guitar were quick to notice. Great condition for a 24-26 year old bass. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. "The Original Les Paul 50's Reissue - The Real Story". Owner:Shoals Technologies Group, Llc 1400 Shoals Way, Portland, TN37148, Newport, TN·Parrottsville, TN, Doing business as:Strings & Things Music Co, Addresses:739 Cosby Hwy, Newport, TN37821160 Emerald Way, Parrottsville, TN37843, Categories:Musical Instruments Wholesale & Manufacturers, Member:Donald Bowers / Principal, inactive, 464 Bryant England Rd, Ravenscroft, TN38583, Illustration:Typeset: Word(s)/letter(s)/number(s), Attorney:Lloyd W. Mason WOOD, DALTON, PHILLIPS, MASON & ROWE 500 West Madison Street, Chicago, IL60606, Goods & Services:Toy device mounting a hook used to snatch targets, String racer, Owner:Kidpower, Inc 8005 Church Street, Brentwood, TN37024, Attorney:Laura K. Thomas Wascher & Thomas, PLLC 530 3Rd Avenue South Suite 2, Nashville, TN37210, Goods & Services:Mechanical action toy, namely, hook and string device used to catch targets, String racer, Owner:Kidpower, Incorporated 8005 Church Street, Brentwood, TN37204, Goods & Services:"IN MEMPHIS" and "INC"., RETAIL MUSICAL INSTRUMENT AND SOUND SYSTEM STORE AND WHOLESALE DISTRIBUTORSHIP SERVICES IN THE FIELD OF MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS AND SOUND SYSTEMS, STRINGS AND THINGS IN MEMPHIS INC, Owner:Strings & Things In Memphis, Inc 1555 Madison Ave., Memphis, TN38104, Drumstand, Guitar Workshop, Sound Lab (The), Strings & Things Sound Workshop, Musical Instruments-Wholesale & Manufacturers, Guitars & Basses,Strings,Used Guitars,Used Instruments,Vintage Items, 630 - New application - record initialized not assigned to examiner, Drawing with word(s)/letter(s)/number(s) in Block form. present from his dad. It is either an 83 or 84. For a period of time in the 1990s to early 2000s, they had their own line of guitars. Web Design and Hosting by NovaGiant Media. CLOSED NOW. first, the ORIGINAL St. Blues guitar for sale here is a: The Memphis police are searching for thief with an expensive taste in music. STRINGS & THINGS IN MEMPHIS. St. Blues History. I just wish I got more info about this one. Peavy Classic 30 Amp. This page was last edited on 23 October 2022, at 09:04. These <<In 1978, Keckler joined Tom Anderson and David Schecter out in California to turn . Players and dealers alike wouldnt let it go, so in 2006 St. Blues was reborn by Bryan Eagle. that we saw in the early 1960s in their cool appearance, great tone, and In 1983 he moved back to Memphis and rejoined Charlie to build custom guitars for Strings and Things. The one that i had was called the Excalibur, a single humbucker pickup with a Kahler in a '62 Strat type body. Please check the fields highlighted in red. comfortable necks. Many Memphis musicians browsing Strings & Things music store over th. In 2012 they launched the line of roots instruments which includes the cigar box guitar and the Woogie Board, an electrified washboard. They didn't make a ton of them, so these are pretty rare finds. Loved the ads that they put in GP. Charles Lawing / President, Categories:Musical Instruments-Wholesale & Manufacturers, Products:Guitars & Basses,Strings,Used Guitars,Used Instruments,Vintage Items, 147 Wildcat Creek Rd, Indian Mound, TN37079, 2626 Highway 79, Ste A, Indian Mound, TN37079, Industry:Business Services at Non-Commercial Site, Status:630 - New application - record initialized not assigned to examiner, Illustration:Drawing with word(s)/letter(s)/number(s) in Block form, Attorney:Casey Summar VOLUNTEER LAWYERS & PROFESSIONALS FOR TH 1900 Belmont Blvd, Nashville, TN37212, Goods & Services:Jewelry, Charitable fundraising, Owner:Strings For Hope PO Box 364, White Bluff, TN37187, Attorney:Carla L. Gannon CARLA GANNON LAW 8903 E Oak Island Dr Ste 9, Oak Island, NC28465. Looks like it has some nice, natural wear on it. Strings & Things in Memphis. historic low against the Yen, Saint Blues was priced out of the market. shows it in its nicks, dings, scratches, chips, etc. Learn More. work he asked if Tom would refurbish all of his instruments. I remember too that Guitar Trader in New Jersey had a custom run made for them as well.. Stop by our Memphis or Nashville shop and see the wide selection of the top name brands in racquets! Currency: These first generation guitars were called S & T Custom Workshop Guitars and dealers were wild for the guitars but not for the name. Elvis in his "Elvis, Live in Hawaii" video. The "Bluesmaster" body was first designed at the Strings and Things music store, built from a Fender Telecaster that Keckler was looking to modify. Using the body shape that Tom and Charlie Lawing from Strings and Things had created some years before, the first St. Blues model was created and not surprisingly named the Bluesmaster. Visit our LESSONS page to learn about our instructors and sign up for lessons on the instrument of your choice. Hey! Went in to the store on 4/20/2012. roots of Saint Blues started growing in the late 1960's, when Led Zeppelin's Or try our search form or quick navigation by category and location. Special Things. All St. Blues guitars are now built by Greg Mitchell and Robert Fisher. By continuing to use Reverb, you agree to these updates, and to our cookie policy. While it just about killed us to do so, today, every instrument we sell is designed and built right here in our Memphis workshop. This one-of-a-kind guitar can be seen being played by Saint Blues Guitar Workshop is a Memphis, Tennessee manufacturer of boutique electric guitars. Their story is below. I wonder how similar the LEO and the S&T are. The first original prototype design for Saint The original early 1980's St. Blues Custom, Strings and Things et al guitars from this early time period were among the best American guitars ever built. Its unique shape, vintage appearance and Here is where the Bluesmaster body was first designed, taking all the things he liked about his favorite guitars and putting them into a single guitar. One was like a cross of a Tele and a Les Paul. by the Strings and Things Custom Workshop. The company was born out of the custom guitar division of Strings & Things Music store in Memphis, but originally only lasted for a five-year run in the 1980s.