In short order, T/C decided to improve on the original trigger design, and the Compass II was born. Reviewed in the United States on August 26, 2021. Specifications and Features: Precision-fit recoil pad 5"x1.63" Absorbs recoil Redirects energy away from your shoulder Recovers quickly Easy installation NAVCOM (Noise and Vibration Control Material) Black RECENTLY VIEWED They are also, though, sometimes well, plain. Nobel Sport Italia Low Recoil Target Load 20 GA. (3) $119.99 Add to Cart Sale! Although I had to pay my local gun shop a $35.00 fee for registration I still only paid $250.00 for a brand new deer rifle! Move it all the way the other direction and it locks, leaving the trigger and bolt both inoperable. The only trimmings are sling swivel studs, a grip cap with T/C in the center of a compass face and a recoil pad. Overall Length 31 1/2". Im happy! old Im sure its going to be an issue. Shooting in @50 yds as I always do, off an old Lohman sight vise and within 5 shots had the last 2 inside a 1 bull. Did you rebarrel? They were the Winchester XPR Sport, Mossberg Patriot and Thompson Center Compass. Dependable. Reviewed in the United States on October 14, 2021. T/C Power Rod is a patented pivoting handle that is integrated with a solid aluminum ramrod. The only trimmings are sling swivel studs, a grip cap with "T/C" in the center of a compass face and a recoil pad. In some ways, it looks like so many of the other black bolt actions on the market. They do help with recoil so I will tolerate a the slight imperfections. Enter your email below to be added to our mailing list. The magazine stores cartridges in a semicircle, with the top cartridge in line with the chamber. Amazon.com: Customer reviews: LimbSaver 10804 AirTech Precision-Fit In fact, the overall build quality of the Compass is substantially better than some other guns in this price category. Thompson Center Compass Scope Base?'s | Ruger Forum With Sling Studs. At the center of the rifle is the T/C Compass' aluminum pillar bedding design. Buy with confidence knowing you'll get a high quality product that actually does it's advertised job well. 12 gauge slugs are NOTHINGthis thing is an angelic fluffy pillow on your shoulder! It's because of 5R Rifling that so many of our firearms include the Minute of Angle (MOA) guarantee (three shots in one inch at 100 yards, with premium ammunition). buy Thompson Center Compass 30-06 22" Barrel 10058 for sale best price. The compass includes Weaver-style sight bases, so all I needed was a set of one-inch rings to finish the process. So quite a bit of bedding compound would be required to build up a foundation for a band to support the barrel. And check the screws for tightness. The Generation II T/C trigger is a significant improvement over the previous Compass trigger. T/C Tech - Thompson/Center - TCArms I have a Winchester Model 70 7mm Rem. Save 20% off Fenix Elite Series Cerakote Flashlights - Use coupon code CERAKOTE20. I didnt have the rifle long enough to determine that, but it was easy to clean, another supposed benefit of the 5R rifling. (as tested), threaded 5/8x24 Dang, Bill. I shot about 20 rounds through a synthetic stock Remington .30-06 to dial in a new scope last weekend. To show viewers how to succeed at long range, J. Guthrie gears up for a challenging shot while chasing Colorado pronghorn at long range with DPMS' Panther 6.5 Creedmoor. The Thompson/Center Compass Centerfire Bolt-Action Rifle offers shooters an exceptionally functional centerfire bolt-action rifle from a trusted American brandat an affordable price. All Rights Reserved. It is very comfortable, with the side facing your shoulder textured for a bit of grip and is blacked out to avoid any reflections from shiny hardware. Equipped with a pliable 3/4-inch recoil pad, an integral trigger guard and standard sling swivel studs, the molded Compass stock has sleek lines, a straight comb and open wrist. It will tell you that your action screws must be 7.60 inches apart, so check that for fit. Other than this I have no problems with my rifle and as far as being stiff it is getting smoother every time I shoot it. They will return your rifle with a 5.5 lb trigger pull. Its a refined, traditional look with a lot of appeal. I would give it 6 stars out of 5 if I could. The company guarantees 3-shot minute-of-angle accuracy with premium ammunition. That arrangement usually works well, until it doesnt. By continuing to browse our website you agree to our use of cookies. This is a great rifle which I just leave on the ATV at the price I dont care if it gets banged up but is accurate and dependable. purchased the gun for $292.86 with tax out the door, with the rebate my final cost is $217.86. Much of the architecture from the original model has found its way into the Compass II, which is a good thing. I noticed recoil less with this rifle than any of the others. Im glad I did. 2023 EverybodyAdventures | All Rights Reserved. The bolt release lever is sculpted and quite decorative. They work very well, but aren't fit exactly to all guns listed. Guess I better buy one to try it out. If you have any question or need help with your account, you may contact us to assist you. The Power Rod comes standard on the Encore Pro Hunter and is also available as a T/C Authentic Accessory on the Triumph Bone Collector. accuracy promise. If you dont see a disclosure policy on a blog or review site, that reviewer may be violating the law or acting unethically. The results are better consistency of accuracy from shot to shot, greater bullet stability over multiple shots, and ultimately, a rifle that's easier to clean thoroughly. Foremost in my mind before shooting the Compass was T/Cs guarantee that the rifle can shoot one-inch, three-shot groups at 100 yards with premium ammunition. It came very close, on average. The LimbSaver recoil pad has dual compression chambers that displace the shock over a broad spectrum. I dont see it as a systemic problem with TC or the Compass rifle line. Hassle Free Returns {{site_title}} {{year}}. | Want to see more? What is it? Installation was easy, but I had to use a slightly shorter screw for the bottom screw because the one from the original Remington butt "pad" was too long by about 3/16 of an inch. Thompson/Center teamed up with Sims Vibration Laboratory, Inc., known for their recoil reduction technology, to develop a process that absorbs muzzleloader shock and vibration. Thompson Center Compass Hunting Rifle Upgrades - Gear Report - Trusted Sea Eagle FastTrack 465FT Pro 3-Person Inflatable Kayak Package - Sale Price: $1449.00, Retail Price: $2110.00 (31% Off) Expires: March 3, 2023, Pearl Izumi | Select Gloves Men's | Size Small In Black - Sale Price: $15.94, Retail Price: $28.00 (43% Off) Expires: March 3, 2023, Sperry Women's Saltwater Duck Boots - Size 10 - Sale Price: $74.99, Retail Price: $110.00 (32% Off) Expires: March 3, 2023, 30% Off MSRP - Faction Candide 3.0 Skis - Now $559.30, Was $799.00 ($239.70 Savings) Expires: March 3, 2023. Flulting on the barrel of the Mossberg Patriot in 6.5 Creedmoor.Bob Frye/Everybody Adventures. Question Jeff, The Compass is chambered is 10 calibers ranging from 204 Ruger to 300 Win. Before judging the recoil too harshly, though, know that Amosa 47-year-old gun nut from Columbus, Miss.did fail to grab the forearm of the rifle prior to squeezing the trigger. Thompson Center System1 This System 1 has three (3) basic parts groups: This System 1 has three (3) basic parts groups: 1. Specs: Barrel Channel Dimensions: Point A = 1.11" and Point B = 0.68". Its about 1/16 narrower than the stock toward the bottom. Comments. Thompson Center Compass .30-06 Springfield Bolt Action 5rd 22" Rifle Introduced in 1965 with the .444 Marlin cartridge, the Model 444 was the most powerful lever action of its day. I wouldnt trust it on a Once in a Lifetime hunt, but I dont know why. This rifle provided exceedingly accurate. Easy-to-install recoil pad helps reduce up to 70 percent of felt recoil, increase stability for improved control Atmospheric chambers produce a substantial increase in performance through uniform energy dissipation Made from LimbSaver's proprietary vibration-dampening NAVCOM material; non-slip surface for use in all harsh weather conditions I have chosen to keep the one I reviewed until after deer season. Thompson/Center Compass II Rifle Review - RifleShooter The Compass. Forget Thompson customer service. My best groups at 100 yards at the range were around the 1-inch mark. Reviewed in the United States on June 30, 2020. Field Test: Thompson Center's Affordable 6.5 Creedmoor Compass Rifle So I replaced the scope with a vortex 39 to my surprise it shot the same. Details Specs: Barrel Length: 21.625" Length of Pull: 13.25" Twist Rate: 1:10 Capacity: 5 Overall Length: 41" Weight: 7 lbs Features: Detachable rotary magazine Generation I Trigger 4.5 - 5.5 lbs Ergonomic, lightweight stock Three-lug 60 degree lift bolt 3-position safety Sling swivel studs Button-rifled barrel, 5R rifling Rubber Recoil pad thompson center compass recoil pad Perhaps the card kept the forearm from slapping the barrel, or it dampened barrel vibration. They didnt have any then. The Thompson Center Compass in 6.5 Creedmoor comes suppressor ready.Bob Frye/Everybody Adventures. This block also beds the receiver ring. The complete rifle weighed 8 pounds, 3 ounces. The rifle shot adequately with most loads. Reviewed in the United States on January 27, 2022. Right from the first shot, the rifles action cycled very smoothly. I got back home and immediately ordered the LimbSaver Airtech 10805. Thanks. I topped the rifle with a 39-40 cheep scope and the rifle with reloads shoots well within 1 inch at 100 yards . The compass utilizes a 3-lug bolt design for a dependable lock up, while providing a 60 bolt lift to ensure fast, smooth cycling of the action. Federal cartridges loaded with 165-grain Fusion and Sierra GameKing bullets and Winchester Supreme 180- grain E-Tip loads shot groups under an inch. This article is over a year old and the trigger work you mentioned was only required on the very first batch of rifles, which were almost exclusively sent to media for reviews. The recoil lug is anchored in the stock and attaches to a cut in the bottom of the receiver ring. Contributing Editor for RifleShooter Magazine, Brad Fitzpatrick gives us a review of this modernized version of an iconic favorite. Stock Encore & Omega. I shot the rifle and shot it some more, willing it to shoot better. pull with a crisp break for precision shooting. Thompson/Center Accessories from Bianchi, Uncle Mike's - OpticsPlanet MDT Chassis Systems, Magazines & Accessories for Precision Rifles The stock, at least on the black synthetic model I tested, has some texture to it. mike birbiglia podcast; dream of funeral evangelist joshua; phonte questlove supreme; colonel frank o'sullivan interview; But with the zero options available for the Traditions I can make it work. Made . The Pennsylvania Game Commission released its 2019-20 deer harvest estimates. Thanks. Specs: Barrel Channel Dimensions: Point A = 1.11" and Point B = 0.68" Recoil Pads & Reducers Limbsaver Recoil Pad Prefit Thompson Center Black Diamond, Encore, Omega Rubber Black Product #: 671875 Manufacturer #: 10031 UPC #: 697438100312 List Price: $41.99 Our Price: $38.99 Ships today from MidwayUSA When will it arrive? I drop tested my rifle from a height of 2 feet onto a hard wood floor on the butt pad and the action did not fire, good enough for me. Posted on: July 26, 2018 | Bob Frye | Do you know if all the rifles have had a problem with the action screw coming loose or out, did you talk to T/C about that, just a little concerned about that. The 6.5 Creedmoor is an accurate round.Bob Frye/Everybody Adventures. I agree, with the "disposable" rifle category. Thompson Center Compass .30-06 Springfield Bolt Action 5rd 22" Rifle 10058; Skip to the end of the images gallery . The T/C Compass rifle (Photo: Thompson/Center Arms) . Hardly any rifling lands were visible, and I thought I had worn out the barrel. My bolt was heavier at first as well. This means you have the option to read your magazine on most popular phones and tablets. PAs 2019-20 deer harvest estimates released, Use jerkbaits to catch cold water saugeyes, other game fish, Turkey calls, bike fishing and more outdoor news, Coronavirus prompts changes to PA trout stocking, trout season, Mallards continue to impact waterfowl seasons. All promised minute of angle accuracy, meaning they should fire 1-inch groups at 100 yards, or even better. Style Name: 10804 Thompson Center Verified Purchase Don't get excited by the title, this is not an exact fit for the Traditions Buckstalker. (And there is a version with a walnut stock, too, if you want to get really dressy). The rifle tended to place two bullets close to each other, and a third bullet placed high or low by an inch or so with four of the loads. Set in the middle position, it still engages the safety but allows opening the bolt. ATTENTION CUSTOMERS : You will need the front takedown screw from your factory stock. Thompson/Center now offers bolt-action rifles at three price levels: the Dimension, Venture and Compass. Reviewed in the United States on July 7, 2022. SKU: 090161045569 UPC: BRAND: Thompson-Center Arms Manufacturer Number: 8529 Caliber: 50 Black Powder Unit of Measure: Each . The black injection-molded synthetic stock is fairly plain. It comes with a Crossfire II3-9X40 scope with a dead hold reticle, meant to allow shooters to compensate for holdover and windage. You can put a lot of rounds through it without feeling punchy. It uses a detachable, flush fit rotary magazine. Reduces felt recoil by 43% (when combined with the LimbSaver. 5 of 5 Stars! Id just shoot the thing til it doesnt shoot any more and then get a new one. The three-lug bolt head requires a handle lift of only 60 degrees to open. Coupon Code: ed15. The trigger had no creep or overtravel making for an excellent hunting rifle trigger. The forearm is hollow, except for the X-shaped lattice that adds stiffness to it and the pillar for the sling swivel stud. That got better as the rifle was broken in. I paid $225 for the thing and it shoots 1/2 moa. I've had 2 shotguns, and I've purchased one for both. This supposedly reduces powder and bullet jacket fouling at the junction of the grooves and lands and causes less bullet deformation. Thompson Center Compass 30-06 22" Barrel 10058 - Gunprime Got this for my Mossberg 590, I had to buy an adapter to get it on my Magpul stock, but oh boy! 5R rifling's unique design provides benefits to the shooter by causing less bullet deformation. The test rifle largely delivered on T/Cs one-m.o.a. How much, I asked the factory representative? A convenient feature that allows the primer extractor to be tipped out of the way by hand for easy removal of the breech plug. Study. Thompson Center's Compass packs a lot into the $399 MSRP. Now I love this rifle. Quick Load Accurizor (QLA), is yet another T/C technology that is standard on all T/C muzzleloaders. So I purchased it for $215.00!! You can shoot the rifle without it. The whole setup, rifle and all, has a suggested price of about $540, so the scope isnt necessarily a high-end optic. It comes standard on the Encore and Encore Pro Hunter XT, and is a T/C authentic accessory available for all Encore muzzleloaders. I turned the two weight-of-pull adjustment nuts on the trigger to bring its pull down as light as it would go, 3 pounds 11 ounces. Very noticeable recoil reduction. The card was shoved in the front end of the Compass barrel channel underneath the barrel. That was a little awkward at first, but with time it would become second nature, Id think. Heres a look at each rifle. The recoil of a 30-06 SPRG round is more powerful . On any hunt and in any climate, Weather Shield protects your investment from the wear of the elements wherever the hunt takes you. Benelli Lupo Bolt-Action Rifle Line Expanded with New Chamberings, Remington .50-70 Rolling Block History: New York's Pick to Arm Its National Guard, .375 H&H Mag. Maybe it was both. Still . It comes from the factory threaded and ready for a suppressor. Just feels more like a truck gun, and a perfect one at that. Even Winchester describes its XPRs as rugged, no-nonsense game getters.. See other stories, blogs, videos and more at everybodyadventures.com. Very disappointed! Thompson/Center Venture II Bolt-Action Rifle Review The Barrel Assembly - This assembly includes the barrel, breechplug with nipple, ramrod, thimbles and sights. Tips, techniques, and equipment are applied to these classroom discussions on how to become more proficient and successful at making long-range shots while hunting with AR-platform rifles. Shop special Everybody Adventure products today! Generation II trigger provides a 3-4 lb. The honey dipper bolt knob design is functional, but at just 0.6 inch its smaller than some shooters might be used to. But lets talk specifics. With an Accu-Fit stock and left hand adjustable bolt, this rifle is a perfect choice for anyone! . Every owner should disassemble their rifle and clean and oil it before shooting. Mag., .308 Win., .30-06, .300 Win. Scott Rupp gets a chance to talk to Aaron Oelger about a few new products from Hodgdon and why reloading store shelves are empty. Mag.Capacity: 5+1 (as tested)Barrel: 21.625 in. But most of the time, the recoil kick is manageable anyway. The technology department set out to design an advanced, tough-as-nails, corrosion protection system. It was only a little more than a decade ago that Hornady introduced the cartridge to the world. Features an inflex recoil pad and x-lock scope mounts for an outstanding shooting experience; Pros. A practical man, hed have enjoyed its looks and admired even more its reliability and price. Published 19Dec17. The Compass comes with a detachable, flush fit rotary magazine, Weaver-style bases, and sling swivel studs. And the Sporter, the 2018 addition to the XPR line, is a beauty right out of the box. The safety was easy to reach and flip through its positions with my thumb while my hand remained around the grip. Boyds Pro Varmint Rifle Stock TC Compass Detachable Box Mag Short Its got an adjustable trigger with the test gun I fired having little in the way of trigger creep and a 22-inch, free floating barrel. Plus it had a $75.00 Rebate!! But paired with this rifle, its a nice fit. It truly does reduce recoil as advertised, Reviewed in the United States on April 11, 2021. The .75-inch thick, soft rubber recoil pad does a fair job of soaking up .30-06 recoil. I shot a Compass .30-06 for several months and fired nearly 300 rounds through it at targets and rocks on a hillside. The full-diameter bolt offers smoother cycling than you get with other rifles in this class, and the three-lug design allows for a short bolt lift and rapid cycling. A cap protects the threads. Bob Frye is the everybodyadventures.com editor. How To Buy A Humvee, Battlewagon 3.0 M1165-A1 Humvee from the US Marine Corps, M1165-A1 Humvee from the US Marine Corps Battlewagon 3 Updates Page 2, Repairs and Upgrades Status Battlewagon 2.0, HMMWV For Sale The Battlewagon 2.0 could be yours, Original Humvee Battlewagon M1038 Project, This Week at Gear Report Episode 101 150 Weekly Live, Interactive Shows, This Week at Gear Report Episode 51 100 Weekly Live, Interactive Shows, This Week at Gear Report Episode 1 50 Weekly Live, Interactive Shows, Camping Chat Hammock Hangin With Pickl Weekly Live, Interactive Shows, Know your cheap hunting rifle the Mosin-Nagant family, Liberty Suppressors Leonidas Integrally Suppressed AR NRA 2016, Sightmark Pinnacle TMD Rifle Scope Review. T/C Compass joins Thompson/Center Arms family :: Guns.com This will be gifted to grand kids. That means the rifling stops just short of the end. The Patriot attempts to break from that mold a bit. Login . So totally worth it. Published 19Dec17. Weight: 7.3 lb. The inflex technology recoil pad on the Winchester XPR in 6.5 Creedmoor.Bob Frye/Everybody Adventures. So totally worth it. If you have any additional questions about Thompson/Center Arms technology, what items are covered under warranty or how to use one of our firearms or accessories, please contact the T/C Customer Service Department. The original Compass was, for the most part, a good gun that featured a three-lug bolt and a 5R rifled barrel. Be safe! Environmental testing proves Weather Shield is 50 times more corrosion resistant than stainless steel alone. They suggest a lot of hunter have a pretty good , When it comes to catching saugeyes and other kinds of game fish in cold water, jerkbaits are a hard-to-beat lure , If you're looking to add to your arsenal of turkey calls this spring, here's one to consider. A suppressor isnt a necessity. While hunting, it's not bad shooting because when the adrenaline gets going, I don't notice the kick really. Employing a professional staff of hunters, engineers and craftsmen, T/C gathers essential design feedback from the field, the lab, and the factory. One of the nice things about the Thompson Center Compass II is the fact that they cover almost every caliber you could possibly want. Thats to keep it from getting scratched or dinged while in the field, something that can negatively impact accuracy. barrels, while magnum-caliber guns have 24 in. But you can also unscrew the end cap something thats easy to do by hand and put one on if you want. Replacement parts and specialized tools for Thompson Center Encore, Pro Hunter, and Contender including forend screw and hardware kits, hinge pins, locking bolts, extractors, and more. Coupon Code: cerakote20. If the rifle was mine, I would replace the unsightly card with a band of bedding compound across the barrel channel a couple of inches behind the forearm tip. All Rights Reserved. [email protected], International: 1.866.730.1614 Boyds Pepper At One Long Action Thompson Center Compass II Stock If you dont see a disclosure policy on a blog or review site, that reviewer may be violating the law or acting unethically. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. T/C Encore, Pro Hunter, G2 Contender Stocks, grips, forends | Thompson Thompson Center Compass | On Target Magazine The trigger is easily adjustable by the user to obtain preferred weight-of-pull with minimum over-travel. Of course, a rifles got to perform to have any real value. A Ton Of Rifle For Your Money: Thompson/Center .308 Compass - Full The Compass is chambered in such cartridges as the .204 Ruger, .223, .22-250, .243, .270, 7mm-08, .308 and .30-06 with 22-inch barrels, and the 7mm Remington Magnum and .300 Winchester Magnum with 24-inch barrels. now minimum is 5lb. Most of my groups were right around 1 inch at 100 yards, and even the worst were only about 1.3 inches. Approximate Weight 2lbs 8oz. BTW, I am not knocking the Compass. I tested mine using the same Vortex scope that was on the Mossberg Patriot. The Thompson Center Compass in 6.5 Creedmoor. Not in that Walmart, nor in one or two others I checked out of curiosity. T/C VENTURE PREDATOR - FULL REVIEW - Sniper Central Gear-Report.com, through our parent company Cress Sales and Marketing LLC, is an affiliate of a wide range of companies, many of which offer products which may interest Gear-Report.com readers. [email protected]. Thompson Center Rifles | Gun Parts Get 15% off when you spend $150+ with code ED15. Thats a selling point to me. But thats one place all manufacturers get thrifty to keep prices down, it seems, so it is what it is. If looking to acquire an automated powder-charge dispensing unit to speed up precision reloading, don't judge the RCBS ChargeMaster Lite powder scale and dispenser by its name; the Little Green machine packs a heavy-weight punch with speed and accuracy. Mag., .350 Legend. Available on the Encore Pro Hunter XT, Triumph and Triumph Bone Collector. Most bullets are touching each other on paper. Here's what's under consideration and why in Pennsylvania. 3-lug bolt with 60 lift Lightweight synthetic stock Aluminum pillar bedding Free-floated barrel Adjustable trigger 3-position safety Match grade barrel with 5R rifling The trigger is crisp, with a clean break; . Thompson Center Encore and Omega Sims Recoil Pad No - OpticsPlanet How To Buy A Humvee, Battlewagon 3.0 M1165-A1 Humvee from the US Marine Corps, M1165-A1 Humvee from the US Marine Corps Battlewagon 3 Updates Page 2, Repairs and Upgrades Status Battlewagon 2.0, HMMWV For Sale The Battlewagon 2.0 could be yours, Original Humvee Battlewagon M1038 Project, This Week at Gear Report Episode 101 150 Weekly Live, Interactive Shows, This Week at Gear Report Episode 51 100 Weekly Live, Interactive Shows, This Week at Gear Report Episode 1 50 Weekly Live, Interactive Shows, Camping Chat Hammock Hangin With Pickl Weekly Live, Interactive Shows, T/C Compass parts and extra magazines here, SD Tactical Arms Form 1 silencer (review), Witt Machine Muzzle Rise Eliminator MRE, Vero Vellini Air Cushion neoprene rifle sling, Precision Hunter ELD-X ammo (Brownells link), Cedar Mill Firearms Skeletonized Charging Handle review Carbon Fiber (Lightweight) AR15 Build, Improve Your Hunting Experience With Tech Gadgets, Sightmark Pinnacle TMD Rifle Scope Review, OSS suppressors HX-QD Magnum Ti silencer with quick mount muzzle device. Like the other 6.5 Creedmoors, this one was said to be capable of shooting sub-1-inch groups at 100 yards. With the rifle supported on a tripod, groups mostly stayed on either side of 3 inches at 100 yards. The right-handed tang safety is easy to reach and operate with a thumb while gripping the rifle. Longer rifles can be a real burden in box or ground blinds and in tree stands. The test rifle, which was chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor, weighed right at seven pounds without an optic. Compass Maker: Thompson/Center Arms 2100 Roosevelt Ave. Springfield, MA 01104 (866) 730-1614 Action type: Bolt-action repeater Caliber: .270 Win (tested), .204 Ruger, .223/.5.56, .22-250, .243, 7mm Rem Mag, 7mm-08, .308 Win, .30-06, .300 Win Mag I shot about 20 rounds through a synthetic stock Remington .30-06 to dial in a new scope last weekend. Mag. The result is the FlexTech recoil reduction system. Capacity: 5+1 (as tested) Barrel: 21.625 in. Shooting a 300 Win Mag is no joke. At the end my shoulder hurt so bad I was starting to flinch. Worth the money. The tread is also molded into the sides of the grip. Limbsaver Recoil Pad Prefit Thompson Center Black Diamond - MidwayUSA But it had an Achilles heel: the trigger. Absorbs harmful recoil and vibration that punishes the shooter and damages or loosens scopes. QLA makes loading simple and fast. Most of these rifles have a synthetic stock with an oversized barrel channel that allows free floating a barrel. . It uses a detachable, flush fit rotary magazine. The TC Compass has proven itself a sub-MOA shooter at the range and a capable hunting rifle in the field. I got my 308 for a Christmas present. Personally the Compass is a really good disposable rifle. Sorry to hear that. Its a three-position affair. Gun review: Testing a trio of 6.5 Creedmoor rifles