Over his final 42 games at Clemson, Etienne gained 5,284 combined yards with 65 touchdowns and 97 catches. Heres the whole clip, with Berrys Fantasy Football insight. In a quote from an article by Myles Simmons of Pro Football Talk, Pederson said the following: Gosh, its just exciting to get him out here and get him on the grass this whole offseason and really work with him, Pederson said in his press conference. Could Travis Etienne be 2022's fantasy breakout star in this wide-back role? 2022 fantasy player outlook for Travis Etienne, RB, Jacksonville Jaguars. Defenders had trouble bringing him down with arm and half-body tackles. One potential obstacle for Etienne to overcome is the return of James Robinson from his Achilles injury that occurred on December 26th, 2021. Are you looking to contact Customer Support about a subscription or account related question? Dodgers The Early Favorites For Shohei Ohtani? Saturday, January 7, 9:06 PM. Jun 13, 2022 at 11:27 pm ET 1 min read. *New customer offer, cannot combine offers. Etienne told John Shipley of SI.com after Sunday's contest that "we'll be straight by next weekend." Obviously Etienne isn't technically a rookie, but since he missed all of 2021, the same basic evaluation applies. Etienne missed last season with a Lisfranc injury but hadn't sat out any games heading into Week 12. So its just me being able to do more and being valuable.. Who is the fastest player in the NFL? Top 2022 speeds include Jaylen All . Etienne (foot), who is officially listed as questionable, is expected to play Sunday against the Lions, Adam Schefter of ESPN reports. However, game script eventually turned completely away from the ground attack, leaving Etienne with a much lighter workload than ideal. 2022 6.9 9th. With James Robinson attempting to come back from a torn Achilles injury suffered on December 26, Etienne figures to be the featured back during this spring/summer. Etienne might have had 4 touches in the first quarter of the Raiders game; good things happen when they give him the ball. Ads help us pay RotobBaller's award-winning writers as much as possible they are vital to the site's operations and team. On the other hand, he wont get a heavy workload because of Robinson. Etienne rushed the ball 19 times for 103 yards in Sunday's 40-34 win over the Cowboys. Projecting Travis Etienne's 2022 fantasy value | 'NFL Fantasy Live' Its important to know if either or both will be hindered by their injuries at all this season. However, I much prefer the wide receivers at a similar ADP, so I dont find myself drafting Etienne much. 2023 USA TODAY, a division of Gannett Satellite Information Network, LLC. Over his final two years in college, he proved to be more than worthy as a pass-catcher (85/1,020/6).His next step in his development will be proving his worth in pass protection and showing the ability to make the proper reads on blitzes. 2022 Fantasy Football: Travis Etienne and other RBs to target 5 FUM. Fantasy Football 2022 Breakout: Travis Etienne Jr. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. I'll give a shot to Brian Robinson, Zonovan Knight or even Isiah Pacheco over Etienne, but D'Onta Foreman, Najee Harris and the Bucs RBs fall in line behind the Jaguar. Fantasy Football: NFL Combine notes include Leonard Fournette, Joe Etienne offers that same type of upside that Swift does. I will also look into why I believe that he will help fantasy managers who take a chance on him in the draft win their league! Etienne now has two more chances to upgrade his participation level in practice, with JaMycal Hasty, Snoop Conner and perhaps newcomer Darrell Henderson on hand to fill in if Etienne doesn't end up playing. Its safe to say that even with adding a talented receiver such as Christian Kirk, the Jaguars have what looks to be a bottom-five receiving core in the NFL going into 2022. The second-year back is able to break tackles with his low center of gravity, footwork and powerful leg drive. Sporting News' Vinnie Iyer takes a deep dive into the Jacksonville Jaguars' fantasy football prospects ahead of training camp, focusing on the 2022 biggest storylines and breaking them down, including whether Travis Etienne can be trusted as a RB2 in Year 2 coming off major knee injury and if Trevor Lawrence might have real sleeper value as a QB2. Don't have an account? Coach Doug Pederson said Monday that Etienne is dealing with a sprained foot, but the running back doesn't require a boot or crutches, Cameron Wolfe of NFL Network reports. Their net-negative 12-point differential per contest was the league's third-worst showing since 2015. Etienne paced the Jaguars' backfield in touches, though their gameplan quickly became pass-heavy as the team attempted to keep pace with the Chiefs. Etienne's range of outcomes falls into a bucket of 16 running backs with elite prospect grades above 6.00 via NFL.com. 2022 Fantasy Football: Travis Etienne and other RBs to target I will tee him up early and often, hoping my opinion lands in the middle of the fairway. Etienne is 15th in NCAA history in career yards from scrimmage and fourth in touchdowns. Top 10 Greatest NFL Wide Receivers Of All Time. Etienne was a dynamic playmaker at Clemson before entering the 2021 NFL Draft. The Jaguars are competent on offense and have been able to move the ball against their opponents all season (except the Texans). I ended up rostering him on 127 teams (84.7 percent). @swaggy_t1 is looking explosive @Dream_Finders | #DUUUVAL pic.twitter.com/OTCYFBUwUP, Jacksonville Jaguars (@Jaguars) July 30, 2022. Etienne was forced to exit Jacksonville's Week 12 win over Baltimore in the first quarter due to a mild left foot sprain. However, going into 2022, it's . Travis Etienne named Jags' fantasy breakout fantasy candidate Fantasy Football Crossroads: Travis Etienne vs. Breece Hall In the 2023 draft season, fantasy drafters will be coin-flipping whether to select Jonathan Taylor or Etienne with the first overall pick. February 28, 2023 2:35 pm ET. Travis Etienne's 2022 fantasy outlook. After seeing their draft flow and developing my draft plan, I targeted Travis Etienne in the third round of . Rashod Bateman, Baltimore Ravens (ADP: 67): TE Mark Andrews aside, no other Raven has even PPR WR3 upside but this sophomore. . The Jaguars also added Zay Jones and tight end Evan Engram to the offense to team up with Laviska Shenault and Marvin Jones. Still, it sounds like Pederson and the offensive coaches are trying their best to see how they can utilize Etienne as a weapon all over the field. Limited to 34 total yards. In conclusion, the wide receiver position is deeper than ever this year, and teams that took wide receivers in the early rounds struggled to make up ground as the draft went on. He added one reception for 12 yards. He received a substantial workload throughout the playoffs but was largely inefficient. 5 best fantasy football matchups to exploit for Week 17 Prior to his exit from Sunday's contest, the 2021 first-rounder had carried twice for three yards. Etienne ran for 108 yards and one touchdown on nine carries and caught three passes for 32 yards on three targets against Houston on Sunday. If Robinson is able to get on the field early in the season, he would project to be the goal-line back over Etienne as the bigger of the two. Travis Etienne is a better receiving threat at running back than Pederson has had on offense since Sproles in 2016, and I believe he will be fed targets in this offense because of his talent. Etienne was able to overcome his questionable designation due to a foot injury and was reasonably productive with his opportunities. Etienne and the Jaguars will take on the Titans in Week 18. Travis Etienne time clock - Mind of Mansion - Mind of Mansion - Podcast Travis Etienne was a prolific touchdown scorer in college with 78 touchdowns on 788 touches (.099 TD/touch), so he scored a touchdown about every 10 touches. Expires 9/30/22. With that stat line, Etienne joins some recent elite RB prospects such as Alvin Kamara, Joe Mixon, Jonathan Taylor, Saquon Barkley, and Kenneth Gainwell. End-of-Season 2022 NFL Betting Power Ratings. The Jaguars were one of, if not the worst offense in football last season. Fantasy outlook: Jaguars RB Travis Etienne Jr. Travis Etienne Injured in preseason of 2021 Weeks 1-4 of 2022: - 4.2 YPC - 2.88 Yards after Contact/Attempt - 2 total missed tackles forced Weeks 5 - Divisional Round: - 5.4 YPC - 3.25 Yards after Contact/Attempt - 3.2 forced missed tackles per game. Travis Etienne Jr. tallied 108 rushing yards and one touchdown on nine attempts in a win over the Texans. It sounds like Pederson will call the plays again, so I looked at the Eagles history of targets to the running back position during his time there to get a feel of what we might expect. Etienne is not a rookie, but he might as well be. Jacksonville Jaguars running back Travis Etienne Jr. (1) at TIAA Bank Field. Etienne received the questionable tag after being a limited practice participant this week, but he's been cleared to take the field for Sunday's contest. Drops. RB Rachaad White, TB. Again, we sort of talked about that running back dead zone and some of the guys that are going around him. The end result was Etienne's fourth performance with over 100 rushing yards this season and his second-highest total yards from scrimmage mark of the campaign. 2023 R2 draft pick. Be sure to also check out all of our other daily fantasy football articles and analysis to help you set those winning lineups, including this new RotoBaller YouTube video: More Fantasy Football Analysis Travis Etienne 2022 Fantasy Outlook Takes a Hit After James Robinson Pro Football Focus also had Etienne as an elite receiving running back coming out of college. Etienne should reclaim the workhorse role for Jacksonville while JaMycal Hasty reverts to the No. Travis Etienne Fantasy Profile: News, Stats & Outlook for 2022 2004-2023 CBS Interactive. Jacksonville Jaguars running back Travis Etienne is set to be on the prowl this coming 2022 NFL season.. Travis Etienne continues to surge in fantasy drafts during the summer even after missing . Debating notable start-sit decisions . Although he . His longest gain of the day went for only seven yards, and he was not targeted for the first time in a full game this season.