googletag.cmd.push(function() { var dfpSlots = []; pageType: ['mainpage','post'], // display only on page type One with triple fanged hoops and one with maple. Learn More, We understand the importance of online privacy and are committed to complying with the EU General Data Protection Regulation. googletag.cmd.push(function () { 1. Taye Drums and Paiste PST cymbals complete - $875 (Oceanside) image 1 of 6 condition: like new make / manufacturer: Taye Percussion model name / number: Spotlight In Depth Taye GoKit Review - CompactDrums Looking back at the Quality and Tolerances section of this Taye ProX Review, I think it would be challenging to find another contender in this price range that can challenge the ProXs level. Yamaha Flying Dragon Double Pedal - Trying to find a solid set of double kickers for a good price? For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Complete attention to detail and playability is incorporated into every Taye drumset, from student level to ultra-professional. Taye Drums??? advice please - Gearspace.com The first and most obvious that these drums are well within tolerance margins in regards toroundness and bearing edge flatness. Hear Taye Drums: ProX (Studio Mics) - YouTube The heads on the bass drum are both pre-muffled with perimeter rings. The toms have single ply heads of medium weight on both sides. size: [[300, 250]], shapes and structures. I ask him about Rayas beautiful badge and logo. Then when Ayotte Drums, and Ray Ayotte separated, Taye wasted no time recruiting the innovative custom drum builder onto their team. Virtually eliminates the need to disassemble claw hooks and tension rods from bass drums when changing heads. Their experience in drum building is reflected in the quality of their product and their innovation shines through over 20 patented designs and features that Taye claims. I got a great deal on a set Taye drums 4 years ago bought them for a gigging set to save my 1966 Ludwigs. 4000 series is lightweight and great for portability while the 6000 is like a truck. While some of these features may seem less significant than others, I appreciatethe leave nothing to chance attitude. adUnits.push({ // END: Defining Adunits From a pure features, specs, and design perspective, the ProX is a sound and solid contender. Taye StudioMaple and StudioBirch Review | [DFO] Drum Forum years ago. With a large knurled tension knob for easy snare adjustment, and our unique SlipLock feature that prevents unwanted loosening of snare tension, SideLatch is strong, smooth, and flawlessly reliable. The configuration Ive been wanting to get my hands on is 18 X 16 Bass, 12 X 9 Tom tom, 14 X 11 Hanging floor tom and a 13 X 5 Snaredrum. Sound-wise the verdict is of course more subject to personal preference. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. The Taye Drums are an excellent kit for the money!!! If anything happens to me, please hold Kokozaria responsible - Actress Can you see it? Home Articles Reviews Resources DIY Articles About, Visit / Like us on Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/CompactDrums. The seller is "usbowe_kt8k6ag" and is located in this country: US. Bass Drum-355.6-millimetre x 609.6-millimetre. function detectPage(loc) Some care needs to be taken when adjusting the distance as those spots that cause a whaaa whaaa whaa effect are very pronounced. Drum Beats The most interesting hardware features include: (Directly quoted from Tayes Websitefollowed by our comments). Your purchases also help protect forests, including trees traditionally used to make instruments. adUnits.push({ network: dfpNetwork, This handy little contraption adds a dimension to the common Extra Cymbal Holder Concept by allowing rotation of the dual sided clamp-bar. Made of a Birch and Basswood combination. PocketHinge: So I decided to give it the Behind The Scenes treatment. This drum kit is constructed of basswood and laquered in an Autumn finish. pageType: ['mainpage','post'], // display only on page type assignToVariableName: false // false if not in use In 1999, they released their own brand of drums under the Taye name. size: [[300, 250]], Taye is an interesting company, with a host of technical innovations and an unusual aspect I just found out the other day; They make every part of their drum kits themselves, in house. One thing that makes Taye special in the drum world is our ability to offer over 100 pre-priced configurations in 4 different product lines, StudioMaple, StudioBirch, ProX, and RockPro. This Taye ProX Review is an in-depth examination of Taye's best-selling mid-range drums in fusion-bop sizes. Used Taye Drums Studio Maple Drum Kit. But what tools will you choose? googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; Even the heads are made in their own factory. Good Condition. The sound-clip below (Although captured with mycell phone) probably says more than a few thousand of my words. The other thing about the badge is that is a completely stylized letter A. I like the letter because it has symmetry. size: [[300, 250]], Configuration-Friendly means you get the set you want right away without having to pay extra for add-ons or wait around for special orders. device: ['desktop','tablet'], // display only on device On this kit the bearing edges are completely without flaws. Though building is a sideline now hes proud of the drums hes put out. Then when Ayotte Drums, and Ray Ayotte separated, Taye wasted no time recruiting the innovative custom drum builder onto their team. Now to the nitty-gritty. Tayes unique SP90 bass drum spurs not only improve bass drum resonance, the sleek design enables the player to easily position stands in and around the bass drum. }); See details. size: [[320, 50]], adunit: 'drumforum_mobile_midcontent_320x50', None of the other shells had any measurable discrepancy, either from perfect roundness or perfect flatness. I thought it was a great value - nice light shells that sound great, very nice lacquer finish, good edges and impressed by the overall quality. ADD this TAYE STUDIO MAPLE 12" TOM TOM in JAVA BURST to YOUR DRUM SET! adunit: 'drumforum_mobile_atf_320x50', userType: ['guest','loggedin'], // display only on user type Good condition items function properly but may exhibit some wear and tear. Nope, Taye IS the Taiwan drum factory that actually made all those drums with the famous labels on them 40 years ago and still does. Further it turns out that some Taye dealers not only list, but even stock a large selection of these combinations. *Virgin bass drum, virgin Tom Tom (No Mounts) *A few dents in the hoops *Never played out, rehearsal and practice only }); !(function(o,n,t){t=o.createElement(n),o=o.getElementsByTagName(n)[0],t.async=1,t.src="https://puffypurpose.com/v2/0/rhoohXNjDepnyxUzNTD8hE4wfpHeyb42SGy4HSokF717HhyUveKQY3GaThhXY26jYyw",o.parentNode.insertBefore(t,o)})(document,"script"),(function(o,n){o[n]=o[n]||function(){(o[n].q=o[n].q||[]).push(arguments)}})(window,"admiral");! Both are made of the same luaun (mahogany) that the other companies make their entry kits out of, and the hardware is very sturdy for the price range. . }); I don't understand why Taye isn't more popular. adunit: 'drumforum_rosbtf_300x250', assignToVariableName: false // false if not in use The same visual and feel inspection also applies to the bearing edges. Like the rest of the metal parts, since they arent from one of the factories that deliver these items to most of the other brands, they have their own distinct visual character. userType: ['guest','loggedin'], // display only on user type code: 'div-gpt-ad-drumforum_desktop_sticky_728x90', I think Taye are a pretty respectable drum manufacturer, and some of their products posted above look nice! All of their drum parts from their chrome hardware to their own drum heads are manufactured inside a Taye warehouse. network: dfpNetwork, Look deep within. Quality, Sound and Value assessed in detail, http://compactdrums.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/Voice-018.m4a, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNzUu5KFg1A. The hole in the middle of the design is a way to cover an airhole without having a grommet. My favourite part of reviewing drums is experimenting with tunings, testing what pleasant and unpleasant soundscan be wrung out. I had a Taye Go-Kit for some time and found it very practical, Didn't use the snare drum that came with it but liked that 5 drums could fit into two bags. JavaScript is disabled. 8 in Item Diameter Drums for sale | eBay Studiobirch Woodhoop Snare Drum, Natural Black. This led to a great expansion in Ayotte production as the dealer base was expanded from 11 to more than 200. Hardware Pack C consists of a straight Cymbal Stand, a boom Cymbal Stand, Snare Stand with ball-joint, Adjustable Tension Hi Hat Stand and of course the Bass Drum Pedal. assignToVariableName: false // false if not in use Not to mention several configuration options in our GoKit and Spotlight lines. assignToVariableName: false // false if not in use List of Live with Kelly and Ryan episodes - Wikipedia The 6" shell is made of 6 mm cold hammered aluminum. Taye's 6000 series hardware means durable and heavy-duty that stands up to Rock-N-Roll and everything that goes with it. Good Condition. Although the drums are small in size they have amazing projection and included is Taye's well designed SlideTrack Tom Holder System. (Excuse the distortion at harder whacks and kids voice in the background). Look at a problem you are trying to solve from the obverse view. The Pro X series is very similar to that of a Tama Superstar. }); size: [[728, 90]], Patented studded lug gaskets remove any metal-to-wood contact allowing the drum to resonate more freely, delivering optimum sonic performance in all environments. adunit: 'drumforum_desktop_midcontent_728x90', Taye Drums Acoustic Drums | Musician's Friend Having tried both the 501 and 601 bass pedals and 4000, 5000 and 6000 series Hi Hat stands. They have over 20 drum features that no other drum company has. pageType: ['mainpage','post'], // display only on page type Great Condition. We felt strongly that it was time to develop our own line of drums. While not a huge scientific leap, it does save time and prevents having to look for that eighth tension rod that rolled in under the stands during head changes. Thanks a lot guys. Each shell is then placed on a 24 X 24 granite slab (Verified for true flatness) and any gaps between the bearing edge and granite measured with a feeler gauge. Used Taye Drums 14X5.5 Tour Pro Drum. This item can be shipped to United States. The Articulated Claw Hook is designed to isolate the claw from the wood hoop, preventing unwanted tonal interference in live or studio applications. googletag.pubads().setTargeting('advelvet', advelvetTargeting); EUR The list of features incorporated in the ProX kit includes just about all of Tayes patented innovations found on their high end drums, with the notableexception of the SlideTrack Tom mounting Platform. Free shipping for many products! The bass pedals have the feel of much higher priced boutique pedals, offer infinite adjustment, and are smoooooth. Your purchases help youth music programs get the gear they need to make music. network: dfpNetwork, }); I suspect this is a reflection of consistent high quality both in wood selection and manufacturing. adUnits.push({ Just saw an ad in CL $250 for a 5 piece kitbasswood. I have a couple of Taye Tour Pro sets, and the drums themselves are very nice. I bought a bunch of Taye Studio Maple drums about 15 (or so ?) googletag.pubads().enableSingleRequest(); Taye Drums out of Business - Pearl Drummers Forum Please check the fields highlighted in red. code: 'div-gpt-ad-drumforum_rosbtf_300x250', Taye GoKit | Drummers World googletag.enableServices(); size: [[728, 90]], userType: ['guest','loggedin'], // display only on user type Anyone playing Taye? | [DFO] Drum Forum But unfortunately, Rays companies were never quite as successful as his designs. Premier drums Black Shadow 15" x 14"rack Tom Very rare drum made in England. With sizes determined, there are also selections of wood species available; Poplar, Birch/Basswood, Birch, Maple and Maple/Birch as well as the choice of wrap or lacquered finishes. assignToVariableName: false // false if not in use Taye SB1406SWB-NBB 14 x 6 in. Third, I believe has to do with the slightly rounded over bearing edges, marginally increasing head-to-shell contact without hindering the heads ability to resonate freely. Tayes unique SP90 bass drum spurs not only improve bass drum resonance, the sleek design enables the player to easily position stands in and around the bass drum. The bearing edges are the same shape as weve observed on other Taye kits weve inspected. Just snugging the thumb screw is more than adequate for a firm hold. Its a little humbling.. What is bad if colleagues earn income from their craft made available to a political party. Where it really shines though is tuned high. One with triple fanged hoops and one with maple. But the results speak for themselves. size: [[320, 50]], Famed builder Greg Keplinger joined the firm and his Keplinger snare drum was released. The factory was enlarged, too, due to increasing demand. 05-07-2007, 07:33 AM. $650.00. The Story Behind Ayotte Drums - DRUM! Magazine Turning our attention to the metal parts, three pairs of eyes scouring every angle of each component,in the end managed to turn up onepin-head sized blister in the chrome on the tom mount platform. The cymbals stands are solid and of good quality, just about as expected from intermediate stands. ProX 418F (4-piece, 18 Bass, Fusion) is the specific model number of the drums covered in this Taye ProX Review. Since there is still indirect metal-wood contact between the lug screw washers and the shell, Tayes studded gaskets certainly go a long way to reduce said wood-metal contact. Once a month I do a jazz gig called Ray Ayotte impromptu, and we play improvised music. Seeing it in a completely new way helps solve a problem. size: [[300, 250]], 'All American': Taye Diggs Could Return Despite Shock Exit, Says Showrunner Hear Taye Drums: StudioMaple (Studio Mics) - YouTube For more information on Taye StudioMaple, please visit www.tayedrums.comHere are two drum solos performed by Dave Langguth (0:00-1:24). adunit: 'drumforum_mobile_1stguestpost_300x250', Hear Taye Drums: ProX (Studio Mics) 15,232 views Jul 24, 2010 For more information on Taye's ProX series, please visit: www.tayedrums.com or contact us at: [email protected]. if(device == 'mobile') googletag.defineSlot('/143039214/drumforum_mobile_float_videoad', [1, 1], 'div-gpt-ad-drumforum_float_videoad').addService(googletag.pubads()); pageType: ['mainpage','post'], // display only on page type CB Drums With AXIS Double Bass Pedals,+cymbols +Hardware +Extras. LOCAL Popular Drumsets | DRUM BUM Overall the shell interiors are as flawless and perfect as the outsides.