WACA 6571L, Historian & Board of Director Member. Im traveling and a long way from home. Markings:The left side of the barrel is marked MADE IN NEW HAVEN, CONN. U.S. OF AMERICA / WINCHESTER PROOF STEEL WINCHESTER / TRADE MARK / MODEL 43-218 BEE. Model 43 Winchester (.218 Bee) - The Firearms Forum 94 W. Cochran St., Suite B Saved Searches. Ammo prices increased due to the more expensive cost of production. Can you tell me if your rifle is a Standard, or a Special? Unfortunately you were not told the truth. The .218 Bee is basically a .32-20 Winchester case necked down to except .22-caliber projectiles, and is a mild varmint cartridge, similar to the .22 Hornet in ballistics.. Obsolete for many years, accept for a small run by Hornady in early 2017. Winchester 62A Pump Action 22 - SSAA Gun Sales Model 43 date of manufacture - Winchester Collector Collectors Firearms, LLC. $199.99 50 Rds. Nevada Paul said . The fact that bullets much longer than 0.600 inch are not stabilized by that twist rate rules out the use of the Nosler 40-grain Ballistic Tip and Hornady V-Max of the same weight. Winchester Model 43 .218 bee, Savage .22, Mossberg 17HMR, Beretta .22, S&W .357 Magnum, Ithaca 16-Gauge, Ruger Mini-14. Single Shell W-W Super Winchester .218 Bee Hollow Point - .218 Bee BuyItNow!-0 $2.00: Out-Of-Stock 15629603: Single Shell Winchester Super Speed .218 Bee Hollow Point - .218 Bee BuyItNow!-0 $2.00: In Stock 15337045: . The .218 Bee is a smokeless powder update of the old .22WCF black powder cartridge, and as already mentioned, it's is based on the 32-20 family of cases. It is based on a necked-down and blown out .25-20 case with a 15 degree shoulder. I like the caliber and its pretty little shooter. Deluxe checkered stock with fancy figured walnut stock and Winchester pistol grip cap. Tied for second place are the Federal GM205M and the CCI BR4. In 1944 Winchester introduced the bolt-action Model 43, which was often described as the country boys Model 70. .218 Bee Cartridge: Load Data & Everything Else You Need to Know I can tell you when your Model 43 was manufactured if you provide the serial number. Production was limited to 3,500 Grade I rifles and 1,500 of the more expensive High Grade version. 46 Gr. .218 Bee Ammo - Ammunition Store Make sure to watch till the end. I have a model 43 in 22 Hornet which has been drilled and tapped for scope mounts. Chambers: Bolt action. There are several on ebay at the moment though. On the pre-October 1950 production receivers, you will see that it has a 45-degree beveled face. This amount includes applicable customs duties, taxes, brokerage and other fees. the Hornet is slightly smaller in diameter than the Bee and has about 2/3 the powder capacity of the Bee case. . Give a Gift Filter Results by: Displaying 1 to 6 (of 6 products) Displaying 1 to 6 (of 6 products) The Mossberg 500 Pump Action Shotgun is one of the most popular home defense shotguns on the market. Sierra Blitz King 50-pack << $ 79.99 Buy Now .218 Bee Ammo, Rifle Ammo Hsm Ammunition Hsm Ammo .218 Bee 40gr. Barrel and receiver are in great condition save some aging and us, Rare Winchest Model 43 - 22 Hornet Drilled & Tapped for Scope 90% Blue - Mint Bore Williams Peep Sight LOP: 13 1/4" Barrel: 24" SN 49893A, Rare Winchester Model 43 218 BEE 95% Blue Mint Bore SN: 42284A, Guns Listing ID: 612919#644A Gun is in excellent working condition. For sale is a Winchester Model 43 bolt-action rifle in .218 Bee. Winchester Model 43 Original and Reproduction Firearm Gun Parts I ran across a Winchester model 43 bolt rifle in .218 Bee. Any one The screw heads are sharp. I most certainly can. Transferring Dealer: QLD Shooters Supplies, QLD, 4305. $54.99. A single-shot rifle, it has a solid-bottom receiver and a heavy, 24-inch barrel. Shop now and get Free Value Shipping on most orders over $49 to the Estimated Value *Using 80% condition for calculating used Values. Should neck diameter with bullet seated exceed 0.242 inch, its wall will have to be thinned by reaming or, preferably, by outside turning. Stock shows signs of use with some dents and scratches. I have attached pictures showing the different contour of the two. Fax: +1-866-534-3097 Winchester SUPER-X RIFLE .218 Bee 46 grain Jacketed Hollow Point Centerfire Rifle Ammunition 109.99 $ AmmoVilla - Best Place to Buy Ammo Online. Upon receiving at my local gun store they said it is unlikely this is factory and unlike any 43 they had ever seen. Rare Winchester Model 43 .218 Bee Bolt Action Varmint Hunting Rifle This low magnification and relatively coarse crosshairs might have negatively affected groups somewhat. See original listing. Any and all help is appreciated. WINCHESTER 43, .218 BEE, 4 RD: - Triple K Ken Waters, in a January 1976 Pet Loads column, warned that the Model 43 speed lock, mid-bolt locking lug was not stout enough to handle hot maximum loads. Ammo For Sale - (1) CONDITION Unknown Grade - (9) Factory New - (1) Bulk Cheap Ammo has a list of top retailers to provide the latest collection of ammo from top brands. I'm not sure myself. Is this a bad thing? 1950ish Winchester Model 43 in 218 Bee. Myarticle discussing the Model 43 is available for viewing here on the WACA website foranyone who is a WACA member in good standing. Without a subpoena, voluntary compliance on the part of your Internet Service Provider, or additional records from a third party, information stored or retrieved for this purpose alone cannot usually be used to identify you. Any and all help is appreciated. Generic Error - Cabela's What is a Winchester Model 43 - 22 hornet worth - JustAnswer Can you assist me in determining the years with the serial numbers? The .218 Bee is basically a .32-20 Winchester case necked down to except .22-caliber projectiles. Winchester Model 43 Parts | Numrich Gun Parts Please read terms. Shortly after production began, Winchester changed the bolt design to a swept (bent) bolt handle, but it had nothing to do with the receiver being pre-drilled & tapped for mounting a scope. BORE EXCELLENT ORIGINAL FACTORY FINISH OF WOOD AND METAL PARTS. Radial vs. Directional Muzzle Brakes: Which Is Best? Its detachable magazine holds three rounds, and it was imported by Firearms International and introduced to American hunters and varmint shooters in 1949. Thin-jacketed, cup-and-core bullets are the logical choice for varmint shooting with the Bee, with Hornet-label bullets generally recommended to assure rapid expansion and reliable stabilization from the 1:16 rifling twist. Previous. 25-20 winchester for sale | eBay Mike Goofy TFF Gunsmith aa1911 Add To Cart. I made a truck varmint gun out of it, thinking it had no value. Hornady V-Max- Box of 50 (selwayarmory.com) Ammoseek shows some, not cheap. Model 670 Bolt Action. Intl. Model 770 Bolt Action. Skip to main content. Trimming to the same length is the next step. Hopefully, everything else about it is unscathed. At 2,589 fps from my rifle, actual velocity of the Winchester ammo was even lower than advertised. Serial #10719. Visit the IIIF page to learn more. Your Model 43 rifle was manufactured in November of 1949. I have just recently acquired a model 43 in 22 hornet.with a serial number 15525 am I able to get a manufacture date and possibly a review on quality and aquracy.i have not yet had the chance to shoot it and would love to know what I can expect, Drew said To get started, click the link below to visit mymagnow.com and learn how to access your digital magazine. Assuming that it is in the 61,000 serial range, it was a late production rifle, and Yes, it was factory drilled & tapped for mounting a scope. Thanks for responding to my question (I had to at least ask). Best .218 Bee Ammo, Rifle Ammo. Get 10% Off - Subscribe to Our Email List, Toll-Free: +1-800-504-5897 Winchester 43 magazine 218 Bee 25-20 32-20 aftermarket mag clip Cost Range. Features include standard markings with a hooded ramp front sight, sporting rear sight, swept bolt handle, and top of receiver drilled and tapped for scope mounts. By then, claimed velocity of .22 Hornet ammo had been slightly increased to 2,690 fps. Email: [email protected], 9AM-7PM CT Mon-Fri Winchester 43 .218 Bee caliber rifle for sale. - Collectors Firearms Serial number- 52550A. Model 9422 . Winchester model 43 .218 Bee. According to this thread, it could have come from the factory with scope mounting capability. The Winchester Model 43 Special Rifle version, used for testing here, includes a 24-inch round, proof-steel barrel measuring .56-inch at the muzzle, select walnut stock with checkered pistol grip and forend and steel butt plate. Date Listed: 04/03/2023. 218 Bee Cartridge: History, Rifles, Handloads, Everything Yo - Shooting Featured Gun Classifieds Winchester Rifles - Model 43, Winchester Model 43, 22 Hornet, DOM 1950, 99% Overtall, Bolt Action, Beautiful Deluxe Checkered Pistol Grip Stock, Adjustable Lyman Rear sight, 43 Hang Tag & manual, Sling Swivels and Hood, excell, Winchester model 43 in 218 bee. Winchester Bob's Gun Shop .Gun parts for many Winchester Models It began in 1882 with the introduction of the .32-20 Winchester for the Model 1873 lever-action rifle. At the time, the .22 Hornet was loaded with 45-grain and 46-grain bullets at a claimed velocity of 2,650 fps. Winchester ~ Model 43 ~ .218 BEE Used Guns. Available in different sizes and red dot ready, it'll fit your needs, whatever they are. The magazines are interchangeable in either grade. Next >> Usage conditions apply. Winchester offers sporadic runs of factory ammunition and Quality Cartridge offers handloading hulls. Stock: Gloss finish. You can continue to place backorders for out of stock ammo to reserve your place in line for available inventory. JavaScript is disabled. Simi Valley, CA 93065. This magazine shows some light wear and a spot of light rust on the right side. In your pictures of the two bolts.mine is the bottom one you have attached. Further, the Model 43 Special was manufactured for the entire production run (1948 1953), and it accounted for 17.5% of the total production. Modern rifle options were introduced by Marlin and Browning as late as 1989 (also lever guns) and Ruger chambered their No. Who knew wild turkey's were so stupid!? Of slight concern on the earlier production rifles likes yours, is the head space. Those of that weight designed specifically for use in the .22 Hornet are better choices for the .218 Bee because at the far edge of its effective range, they expand more violently on varmints than 40-grain tipped bullets that are constructed to withstand higher velocities when fired from larger cartridges like the .22-250 and .223 Remington. Features include standard markings with a hooded ramp front sight, sporting rear sight, swept bolt handle, and top of receiver drilled and tapped for scope mounts. Metal Condition: Very good, light finish wear, small nicks & small scratches. It was promoted as just the ticket for taking small game for the pot and was also deadly on varmints to boot. Looking to confirm this is in fact a custom stock or perhaps this is original. Joseph Von Benedikt visits with Aaron Oelger from Hodgdon about the unprecedented demand on the shooting supply industry. The .218 Bee like the ancient .22 Hornet remains curiously popular despite the availability of superior, mild-mannered .224-caliber bullets such as the .221 Remington Fireball and .222 Remington. Stock Dimensions: This country boy eventually got around to owning all except the .32-20 and used each to take several called-in gobblers. > Best .218 Bee Ammo. There is no erosion. Winchester is the only source for brass unless you want to neck down 25-20 or 32-20's. Trim length is 1.335. The .218 Bee, .25-20 Winchester, and .32-20 Winchester were added to the modern version of the lever-action Marlin Model 1894 around 1989. Some finish wear, mostly at the muzzle end. There are a handful of scattered light compression marks. Introduced in 1933 in .25-20 and .32-20, the Model 65 had a 22-inch barrel and was produced until 1947, with just over 5,700 rifles built. Im off to eBay for my daily check. Magazines canroutinely be found on eBay, or at most large gun shows. . 1950ish Winchester Model 43 in 218 Bee : r/guns Custom Mossberg 500 at the Range and Live Turkey!. In an article I wrote not long back, I mentioned that the Speer 40-grain Spirepoint has long been my favorite bullet for the .22 Hornet; the same applies when loading the .218 Bee for bolt-action and single-shot rifles. Winchester Model 43 Centerfire Rifle Parts I am looking for opinions on this rifle that I recently purchased. Sierra Blitz King 50-pack << 79.99 $ Quick View Best .218 Bee Ammo Hsm Ammunition Hsm Ammo .218 Bee 40gr. More rifles in that chambering were sold, but none of them made the cash register ring often enough to remain in production for more than a few years. View other listings from this seller. I reload my Kimber .218 Bee very hot and get some really good results using 33 grain V-Max on ground squirrels and smaller varmints. .218 Bee Loads for Winchester's Model 43 Bolt Rifle We have not fired this rifle. Learn more here: http://bit.ly/1G7xXag. For instructions on how to enable JavaScript, please see the help section of your browser. Bore Condition: Bright. History of the.218 Bee cartridge: The .218 Bee was introduced around 1938 by Winchester for the Model 65 lever-action rifle and the Winchester Model 43 bolt-action rifle, after World War II in .218 Bee.The .218 Bee is basically a .32-20 Winchester case necked down to except .22-caliber projectiles, and is a mild varmint cartridge, similar to the .22 Hornet in ballistics..Obsolete for many years, accept for a small run by Hornady in early 2017. We do not charge credit cards until orders are ready to ship. Find in stock 218 bee ammo from the top online retailers to find the lowest price. Compare .218 Bee Ammo prices from various ammo retailers. (1950) The third one is in 22 Hornet ser # 14xxx. Originally loaded with 20 grains of blackpowder, velocity was around 1,300 fps for its 100-grain lead bullet.