The crash happened at 10:45 p.m. Tuesday on I-59 / 20 southbound at the 31st Street exit. Two people were killed in two crashes about 3 a.m. Tuesday, May 3, 2022, between mile markers 155 and 158 in St. Clair County. Community Rules apply to all content you upload or otherwise submit to this site. Trump reigns supreme at a diminished CPAC, Clean-up continues in central Alabama following Fridays storms, Road work to close I-65 NB near Alabaster over the weekend, Dozens of trees down in Tuscaloosa because of strong storm, Best smart home devices for older users, according, How to get started on spring cleaning early, according, Worried about your student using ChatGPT for homework? wreck on i20 birmingham, al today. Troopers with the Alabama Law Read More, (WIAT) - A 54-year-old Leeds man was struck and killed along I-20 early Wednesday morning. BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WBRC) - Traffic was backed up on I-20 EB after a tractor trailer caught fire at mile marker 138 and a fatal wreck occurred at mile marker 136. The Alabama Department of Transportation says there is an overturned vehicle on I-65 NB at exit 247 in Hoover. Use of and/or registration on any portion of this site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Cookie Statement, and Your Privacy Choices and Rights (each updated 1/26/2023). Floyd Underwood, 72, killed in a truck crash along I-20/59 in Tuscaloosa, AL. 280 Phenix City Traffic. The crash happened in the eastbound lanes of I-20 near Riverside, said Senior Trooper Reginal King. 77027(281) 301-1550. wreck on i20 birmingham, al todayuindy football roster. 26, 2021 at 1:17 PM PDT BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WBRC) - UPDATE: Officials say the roadway is now open. (Photo Courtesy of Wanda Haynes). The coroner was called to the scene. He was raised by his mother and stepfather, who died in an accident when he was 11 years old. Expect minor delays. By anonymous. If you purchase a product or register for an account through one of the links on our site, we may receive compensation. Buy newspaper front pages, posters and more. https://bit.ly/3Kbw671. A 14-year-old boy was wounded Monday afternoon after he was shot in west Birmingham during an argument, police said. One killed in Friday morning accident on I-20 eastbound. Hoda Kotb, 58, has been absent from the TODAY show for two weeks, but Al Roker, 68, says she is "doing fine.". 280 to impact traffic, Major crash blocking several lanes on I-459 NB past Hwy 280, I 59-20 SB ramps from 31st St. N & Red Mtn. Alabama. Additional details have not been released. Drivers warned to slow down to avoid wrecks at Dead Man's Curve. RT @algo_bhm: Minor Crash on US78/AL4 EB @ MP 112.1 at I-20 in Leeds. In high school, Read More, More results in our I-20 Alabama Archives. The National Weather Service in Birmingham . He was abandoned by his father. Nine children were among 10 people killed in a horrific Alabama interstate crash on Saturday that involved 18 vehicles, including two tractor-trailer rigs and a . The Washington Commanders made their first outside move of the offseason Friday by signing former Kansas City Chiefs wide receiver Marcus Kemp. Posted on June 7, 2022 by wreck on i20 birmingham, al today . Driving from weatherford to odessa today how are the roads on I 20. All rights reserved (About Us). One person was pronounced dead at the scene and one person was transported to UAB hospital with unknown injuries. All westbound lanes and two eastbound lanes had to be closed. Charles H. Johnson, 71, and Connie C. Johnson, 74, killed, Monica A. Williford, 24, and passenger injured in two-vehicle crash on Alabama 157 in West Point, Alabama Date: Wednesday, October 26, 2022 Roadway: Alabama 157 City: West Point, AL Type: Car Accident Topics: Car Accident, Elderly Drivers If so, a report of your accident might be helpful for legal or insurance purposes. A dump truck flipped in the median near mile marker 73, near McFarland Boulevard in Tuscaloosa. Traffic problems from the accident caused other drivers to use Highway 77 and Highway 78 as a detour. CLAIR CO., Ala. (WBRC) - Two people were killed Tuesday morning in separate multi-car crashes on I-20 WB between mm 155 and 158 according to the St. Clair Co. coroner. Copyright 2023 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. Grab the WVTM 13 app for the latest on this developing story. You might want to file a claim with the insurance company or consider a lawsuit against the other driver. Source: WBRC video. Beasley Allen and The Vance Law Firm Read More, Barkley was born in Leeds, Alabama on February 20, 1963. The interstate will be shut down near this area for about two hours. Read More, According to the coroner's office, Crutcher's maroon Ford Fusion left the roadway and struck a bridge pillar at Interstate 459 and Interstate 20 East in Irondale. The crash has shut down all westbound lanes. 2023 Advance Local Media LLC. Speaking of the Missouri's Legislature's gambit to take the police department from under her control, St. Louis Mayor Tishaura Jones told The Intercept that . Birmingham police and Birmingham Fire and Rescue Service responded to the crash at 5:11 p.m.,. RT @algo_bhm: Moderate Crash cleared on I-20 EB @ MP 147.3 at Exit 147: Kelly Creek Rd in Moody. 280 Smiths Station Traffic. To help you plan . Troopers said Edy Adaleberto Quich Osorio, 33, of Jasper, and his passenger, Victor Fabian Ventura , 52, of Rosario, Argentina, were both killed when the SUV driven by Osorio struck the rear of tractor-trailer that was stopped on the roadway because of a previous crash. BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WBRC) - Anyone waiting for the city of Birmingham to rebuild the Rainbow Bridge, one city councilman says the city will have to find more money first. RT @algo_bhm: Minor Crash on I-20/59 EB @ MP 125.8 ramp to Exit 126A: US31/Elton B Stephens Expy in Jefferson County. Among the responding agencies were the ALEA State Troopers, the Pell City Police Department, the St. Clair County Sheriffs Office, the Pell City Dive Team, the Leeds Fire and Rescue Dive Team, Lincoln Fire and Rescue, Twin Creeks Towing and the Alabama Department of Transportation. Irondale Fire & Rescue and a hazmat team are at the scene. According to Irondale Police, a truck carrying lithium batteries caught fire around 6 a.m. at mm 138. 2,910 sqft (on 1 acre) 3449 Blueberry Ln, Birmingham, AL 35216. Current I-20 Birmingham Alabama Road Conditions I-20 Alabama Road Conditions Statewide (4 DOT Reports) 20 Birmingham, AL Traffic I-20 Birmingham, AL in the News I-20 Birmingham, AL Accident Reports I-20 Birmingham, AL Weather Conditions Write a Report 20 Cottondale Conditions 20 Bessemer Conditions 20 Tuscaloosa Conditions 20 Heflin Conditions All rights reserved. YouTubes privacy policy is available here and YouTubes terms of service is available here. YouTubes privacy policy is available here and YouTubes terms of service is available here. 2 people killed in multiple-vehicle crashes on I-20 WB between mm 155 and 158, Major BWW project on Hwy. This six-block area in downtown Birmingham encompasses several historic sites, including the Birmingham Civil Rights Institute, the 16th Street Baptist Church, Kelly Ingram Park, the A.G. Gaston . US 280 Birmingham, AL Weather Conditions. See also: Family seeks help with funeral expenses for 4 family members killed in crash. 46 views. Crews are on the scene. rush street bars 1980. lutheran liturgical calendar 2022; drug bust salisbury, md 2020; north berwick witch trials primary sources; hallmark very merry christmas giveaway winners; Troopers with ALEA Highway Patrol Division are asking everyone to be aware and expect possible delays. BIRMINGHAM, AL A large wreck reported on I-20 heading west was cleared this evening, ALGO Birmingham reports. Constantly updated. BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) Traffic is being diverted and all lanes are shut down as law enforcement officials clear a fatal accident on an I-65 junction Tuesday evening. The incident occurred at about 11 p.m near mile-marker . If you purchase a product or register for an account through one of the links on our site, we may receive compensation. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) Traffic is being diverted and all lanes are shut down as law enforcement officials clear a fatal accident on an I-65 junction Tuesday evening. THERE IS A LEAN BLOCKED NEAR EXIT 118 119 A RIGHTEAR N ALLOY. BIRMINGHAM, Ala. ( WIAT) An 18-wheeler truck was involved in an accident in north Birmingham and crews are at the scene working to clear the roadway. All rights reserved. Heavy delays on I-20 EB past I-459 after what is believed to be a fatal wreck at MM 136. Atlanta accidents near I-20 Augusta accidents near I-20. UPDATE 6:45 p.m.: All westbound lanes on Interstate 59/20 are back open in the Fairfield area after a multi-vehicle crash shut them down earlier Monday afternoon. Nov 02, 2022 09:03am The Jefferson County Coroner's Office identified the fatality victim as William Hall Jr. March 3, 2023 6:58 pm ET. Troopers with the Alabama Law Enforcement Agencys (ALEA) Highway Patrol Division continue to investigate. By 8:30 a.m., all eastbound lanes were opening, and one westbound lane was open. RT @algo_tus: Moderate Crash on AL216 EB @ MP 25.7 before I-20/59 in Lake View. Copyright 2022 WBRC. Birmingham police and fire are working a multi-vehicle crash on Interstate 59/20 westbound this afternoon. Largest Database of Jefferson County Mugshots. Expect moderate delays. According to Troopers, Weatherspoon was not using a seat belt at the time of the crash, and he was partially ejected and died at the scene. Write a Report. Fire officials said eight vehicles were involved in the wreck at Lloyd Nolan Parkway and seven people were taken to the hospital with unknown injuries. The number of additional injuries has not yet been released. The Alabama Law Enforcement Agency (ALEA) said one of the westbound lanes of I-20 near the 143 mile marker in St. Clair County is currently shutdown due to a crash that occurred Sunday morning. The east bound lanes immediately shut down, backing up traffic for miles and into the early-morning hours. WE. Pell City HazMat was called to the scene. On Friday morning, a Fed Ex truck hit the back of an 18 - wheeler on Interstate 20 eastbound near Lincoln. I-65 SB near Northern Blvd. Multiple law enforcement agencies responded to two scenes one on I-20 and the other at Riverside Landing where the victims were being taken after recovery.