Work began on Holy Family RC Church just before the turn of the 20th century in 1899. Located by Lamaleach Brook, the church was established in order to serve the residents of both Freckleton & Warton. With land leased from the Clifton family of Lytham, the works cost in the region of £500 at the time. Several additions have been made since, including a new presbytery in 1907 and a thorough refurbishment in the ‘70s. A school also operated on the premises for 40 years until 1953.
Great British Lighting were asked to produce a set of antique brass hexagonal lanterns for the church’s nave. With a diameter of 325mm and a height of 350mm, the fittings were specially equipped to take 25-watt compact fluorescent tubes, lighting the room through glass panels.