This church began life in its current form in 1864, however the Medieval chapel is actually much older than this, most likely from the 14th century. The interior is decorated with a remarkable series of murals in the Gambier Parry style of painting known as spirit fresco. Many also admire the marble pillared arcade between the chancel and the south aisle, as well as the sacristy which is beautifully furnished in oak and marble.
Great British Lighting were asked to produce some period specific brass pendants. We were conscious of the very few changes that had been made since the church was established; for instance, the paintwork and murals have only been cleaned once in order to preserve their original look. As a result, we knew the importance of upholding the church’s particular aesthetic. To this end, we installed a series of Medieval-style multi-light fittings, complete with opal shades. The murals which had previously become obscured by the smoke of countless candles, gas and oil lamps were now given chance to breathe as all of our additions use compact fluorescent lamps.