I died, and behold I am alive forevermore, and I have the keys of Death and Hades. Lord, I rejoice in knowing that even in death, You are in control, You are victorious, and You are the reigning power, Amen. World needs 'brave leaders' advocating an end to death penalty Someday we hope to meet with you again (pet's name) in eternity with hugs, kisses and tears. Father, I pray for the bereaveds friends. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. (Pets name), who brought us so much joy in life, has now died. Sometimes those changes occur quickly, while other times they occur gradually. (suitable for a pet memorial service or card), "He (Christ) was supreme in the beginning and-leading the resurrection parade-he is supreme in the end. All Rights Reserved. Come comfort us with your love and enfold us all in your mighty care now. I prayed for him when he was still alive. Prayers can bring solace to those who are in mourning. Quick FYI: In the old days whenever an animal was sick, a Franciscan friar called to local farms to pray for the animal to be healed. Our affection for (pets name) thus reminds us of You. Amen. Every living thing is a part of you, and we are your trusted caretakers. Does the Bible Have Anything to do with My Life? May he rest in peace, knowing that you are with him always. Amen. May you comfort her family and provide them with lovely memories of her final days. This prayer can give us words to direct to Him: Lord God, I thank you for the gift of (pets name).With St. Francis, I pray:Be praised, my Lord, through all your creatures. In the midst of all the sobs, 7-year-old son Noah asked, "Shouldn't we pray the rosary or something mom?". Perhaps they have abandoned their faith in the Holy Father. Amen. Give them peace by covering them with Your protective hedge. Good St. Francis of Assisi, patron saint of animals and the environment, you devoted your life to God by expressing a profound love for all his creations. We discover how situations have changed through prayer chains at church, phone calls, in person, or social media. When he was sick I couldnt even search for prayers, I was in such denial, I pray he understands. Amen, Dear st Francis of Assisi,I beg an pray to you an to God to please help my mothers little green an yellow bird fight an live another day an to live a good life an grow old an I just ask that you give the bird the strength to live until I have the money to care for this poor harmless animal ,so please give this animal a second chance an give it the will to fight for its life ,thank you amen, St Francis my sons dog, Ramsey cannot stand on his own , hes a Swiss Mt. Thank you for making him a part of our lives and for this brief time we've had together. (FOX 5) Jatonne's long time baseball coach said the 20-year . Be with my pet in this time of need and help him (her) to be comforted by our care and love.Amen. Oh, my Lord and Savior,support me in that hourin the strong arms of your Sacraments,and by the fresh fragrance of your consolations.Let the absolving words be said over me,and the holy oil sign and seal me,and your own Body be my food,and your Blood my sprinkling;and let my sweet Mother, Mary, breathe on me,and my Angel whisper peace to me,and my glorious Saints(NN.) who formed you from the dust of the earth. And so we did. Giving thanks for their life, ask the Lord to console them and deliver them into His kingdom. Obtain for me this solace for that hour to die with their holy arms around me. So that all who have been punished for wandering from your path may be corrected and be favored with Thy mercies, through Christ our Savior. Loyola Press offers a simple prayer for starting the new school year. We know that you love all creatures, and that you have given us the care of them as a gift. Please JesusPlease heal our be!over Fluffy. You entrusted (pets name) to our care; now, we give (him/her) back to You. Amen. Please, Heavenly Father, cover the friends of the dying with Your protective hedge. Cunnane spoke about O'Connell's devotion to the rosary and the Blessed Mother and mentioned his strong prayer life in recent years. from Loyola Kids Book of Everyday Prayers "There is never a magic moment to abolish the death penalty," said Mario Marazziti, who leads the Rome-based Sant'Egidio Community's . They require Your assistance. R: O God, according to the measure Thou has multiplied Thy Mercy. May our loved one find solace in knowing she is at peace with You and her family is at peace with her and with one another. Lord please take care of Mack. Thank you for the gift of life that [Insert Dying Name] gave to the world. Lord please take care of my Kaikai. Help us continue to bring the Gospel to people everywhere through uplifting and transformative Catholic news, stories, spirituality, and more. smile upon me;that in them all, and through them all,I may receive the gift of perseverance,and die, as I desire to live,in your faith, in your Church, in your service,and in your love. They usher in sad feelings and kill our moods as we try to treat our usually joyful pets. Elena practices and performs with her flute and records with the Peace Together Choir. Help us to remember the love we had for [pet name], and to carry that love and joy with us into eternity. Also grant to me patience and acceptance of whatever you may deem worthy for this humble pet. Amen. May they experience Your presence with them when they miss the companionship of a loved one. Thank you for the joy that they have brought us. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. "The Christian family is . With death being an intense reality in life right now, I pray that my faith makes this word an even greater reality. The Our Father, Hail Mary, and Glory Be are also appropriate. Amen. Want to see fewer ads on Aleteia? Entrust your prayer intentions to our network of monasteries. You know how I feel because you love animals, too. Prayers can help us come to terms with our fate. My car broke down as I cant get to a get thats open ( 4 hours away). My pet died. Grant to our special animal companions long and healthy lives. [This response repeated after each petition.] Praying for someone who is dying for peace, comfort, and salvation in Jesus Christ is one of the most powerful things we can do for them. Coping with LossIf youve lost your dog whether it was sudden and traumatic or following a long illness it can be hard to cope. Amen. Dear God, please let my pet die with dignity. Family photo of Clark Atlanta student Jatoone Sterling, who was shot and killed in the CAU Catholic center parking lot on Feb. 28, 2023. Prayer for a Happy Death # 6 - Into Thy hands, O Lord, I commend my spirit. I pray that this word brings me peace as I meditate on the fact that this transition into death is but a moment in my life, Amen. We hope that You will lessen their grief and loss. In the name of Your Son, Jesus. God Bless . 1. When the moment of death seems near, the following prayer may be said: I commend you, my dear brother/sister, to almighty God, and entrust you to your Creator. My desire is to depart and be with Christ, for that is far better. I am grateful to have known this dear Lords servant. Prayers - Catholic Concern for Animals We love You, Father, Amen. My budgie was found sick and Im trying to help and pray for her. May he know that his assistance comes from You, Creator of heaven and earth. Our tradition does not offer an ancient ritual for this because it is only in contemporary times that humans have formed the type of close emotional attachment to our pets that we find natural. Copyright Aleteia SAS all rights reserved. 1 Corinthians 15:53-55 Dear Lord, I know that this perishable body must put on the imperishable, and this mortal puts on immortality, then shall come to pass the saying that is written: Death is swallowed up in victory O death, where is your sting? I rejoice in knowing that death is not the end for us, we have eternity with You. Prayer for a Happy Death # 8 - O my Lord and Saviour, support me in my last . Lead us to seek in the right places, watch over them, keep them safe, be their guardian. We call upon you to help us follow your compassionate example. Pray the Divine Mercy Chaplet. We love You, Father, Amen. A great friend of my husband and mine recently went to be with the Lord. 40 Uplifting Prayers for the Beloved Pets in Our Lives - iBelieve.com Jesus, Lord, Please into my life. She has a cancer on her lip. . Amen. Prayer for a dying pet. I ask you,by the agony of your most sacred Heart, and by the sorrows of your immaculate Mother, cleanse in your own blood everyone in the whole world who are now in their agony and will die this day. St. Francis, Patron Saint of animals, watch over my pet and keep my companion safe and healthy. This we pray trusting and believing in the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Give her your healing power that Kaikai can recover from sickness. St Francis Prayer For Sick Pets {4 Examples} - Catholics & Bible Faithful friend, loyal companion,we say farewell to you now.You have kept us warm at night,protected our homeand offered us unconditional love.For this we are thankful,and we will remember you forever. We at Churchgists have all the details you require regarding the prayers for deceased pet dog. Please give him strength now so that he may pass peacefully into your loving arms. Dear God, please heal our 12 year old Morkie. Abba, Father of all, thank you for this beautiful animal, this wonder of intricate life. The little grave with all the trimmings brought me some comfort. May you return to Him. May you return to Him. Give them solace in knowing that their loved one is now face to face with You. Learn These Catholic Prayers For Your Pets | Prayers And that you remind us of our serious obligation to watch over and respect animals in light of being one big interconnected family. We are grateful to You, God, for creating (pets name), for entrusting (him/her) to our care, and for sustaining (him/her) in our love for a measure of time. In addition to Our Lady's teaching at Fatima, here are a few others ways to support those who are dying. Family remembers Clark Atlanta student killed in Catholic center Amen. 2685). Saint Francis de Asisi please I am seeking your comport for Kaikai our pet Dog. Thank You for everlasting life Father; thank You for defeating death, Amen. I am so sad. Dog Expert Jenna Stregowski, RVT advises on how to handle the grieving process after the death of a beloved pet. Lord, You are our desire, we yearn to be with You in death, so please keep us until we go to our place with You in heaven, Amen. And we hope that her heart is ready to meet You soon. So please give me the love and the strength to let go and entrust my sweet one to you. Prayers For Dying Pets - We Are Human Angels There are printable visuals to go along with the prayers that you may use or share. Heavenly Father, our human ties with our friends of other species is wonderful and a special gift from You. by Kathleen Anderson. I ask this through the hands of the Blessed Virgin Mary. Look with pity on me [or on the person for whom you are praying] and grant my prayer, if such be the will of God. Look to the Bible for Lenten reflection. The second mystery was a prayer that she didn't suffer too much. Funeral, prayer services scheduled to honor slain L.A. bishop Jesus, Mary and Joseph, I commend my soul, living and dying, into your sacred arms. What are some Catholic prayers for dying pets? Give him assurance that being absent from the body means being present with You because he trusts in Jesus. Our beloved dog Fluffy is sick with diarrea. to almighty God, and entrust you to your Creator. He believes it is more important than ever before to help people find a genuine faith. (Here mention the names of the animals needing prayer). Peace in the Lord Jesus. Below is the exact prayer uttered by the Franciscan priest; the parts with V were said by the priest while the congregation present responded with R. V: Our help comes to us in the Name of the Lord. Please come touch their bodies with healing and their minds with peace. Then he just let me cry and cry on his shoulder for as long as I wanted I knew that this was my cats grave, and I never questioned the symbolism of the white cross. .css-tadcwa:hover{-webkit-text-decoration:underline;text-decoration:underline;}Philip Kosloski - @media screen and (max-width: 767px){.css-1xovt06 .date-separator{display:none;}.css-1xovt06 .date-updated{display:block;width:100%;}}published on 03/27/21. Let us be thankful for the good life we were blessed to give to (him/her). You have been faithful and healed them numerous times over the years. Yet which I shall choose I cannot tell. They have trust in us as we have in You, our souls and theirs are on this earth together to give one another friendship, affection, and caring. Family Prayers from Birth to Death. I thank You in advance for the heavenly reward that is so much greater and much more beautiful than I could even comprehend, Amen. Amen. St. Anthony, you are the patron of the poor and the helper of all who seek lost articles. Please accept our prayers for and their family as they approach the end of their earthly existence. O Blessed Joseph, you gave your last breath in the loving embrace of Jesus and Mary. May God bless and take care of all animals. Pope Francis, Biden commend 'peacemaker' Bishop O'Connell as memorial Invite us just as you invited all people, animals, plants, the environment and even Brother Sun and Sister Moon to give praise and honor to the most High. Francis you loved all of gods creatures. Let them know that there is forgiveness with You. This web site is dedicated to the Holy Family. Memorial and funeral services are scheduled this week in Los Angeles. hbspt.cta._relativeUrls=true;hbspt.cta.load(275132, '10016573-1c5c-4aa5-baba-c2ac91fe7545', {"useNewLoader":"true","region":"na1"}); CatholicMom.com Book Series at Ave Maria PressThe Peyton Institute for Domestic Church Life. The first mystery we prayed to thank God for the gift of having Pepper for a pet. PDF Catholic Prayers for Death and Dying Relieve any financial burden they may be experiencing, and may these concerns be resolved as soon as possible. These Catholic prayers for the dying offer the perfect comfort, and call for healing of the sick and dying. When a Pet Dies in a Catholic Family